Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
2. Throughout time, there have been theories about the contractions of _________ and how this might relate to migraines.
3. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
(a) Trial and error.
(c) Patient confidentiality.
4. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
5. The simplest of __________ can be created in the clinical setting, according to Sacks' findings and research.
6. The later interviews with a patient should delve more deeply into the _________ of the patient so as to discern the best possible treatment.
7. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
(a) Go on a holiday.
(b) Eat chocolate.
(c) Get rest.
(d) Get sufficient exercise.
8. What is the name of the migraine medication that is delivered in very large doses at the start of a migraine?
(a) Willow bark.
(b) Ergotamine tartrate.
9. Other patients will see __________ of people or places as a part of hallucinations during a migraine attack.
(c) Clear visions.
10. After a migraine, there is a period described as a _________, which often lasts around three hours after the pain subsides.
11. The _________ migraine is one that comes to light when a patient is highly emotional and tends toward intense rage.
12. A drug may need to be taken ________ if there is severe vomiting present during a migraine episode.
13. Physicians, according to Sacks, often make ______ decisions based on impertinent, improper, and irresponsible interpretations.
14. ________ turned inward on oneself, might also create a situation for a migraine to occur.
15. Sacks presents the argument between chaos and __________, in relation to migraines and to the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. To deny a migraine sufferer the use of ___________ would be cruel, according to Sacks in this book.
2. The need for the __________ mentality is more evident in the animal world because of the need for biological survival.
3. Who wrote the last chapter of the book, which is made clear in the notes and the headings?
4. Some patients only need to be seen once in a while to make sure they are maintaining their _________ for managing their migraines.
5. Some people who have constant migraines that interrupt their life may have to _________ to live with them.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)