|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of the patterns that are created are often _________, according to Sacks, which is why further research is needed.
(b) Movement oriented.
2. Some doctors have tried _________ which Sacks believes to be grossly fraudulent or mutilating.
3. It might be necessary to adjust one's ________ in order to reduce the effects of flickering lights in one's environment.
(c) Light bulbs.
4. What is the title that Ralph M. Siegel has, according to the way he is described in this chapter?
5. There are a number of problems that are created by the myriad of _________ that a migraine might cause, according to Sacks.
(d) After effects.
6. The _________ migraine is one that comes to light when a patient is highly emotional and tends toward intense rage.
7. An important part of migraine treatment, according to Sacks, is to give the body the _______ it needs in order to make it through the event.
8. Some of the things that patients see in their migraine are random ________ shapes, and some patients choose to draw them.
9. A drug may need to be taken ________ if there is severe vomiting present during a migraine episode.
10. Migraines may very well take on the particular aspects of the ________ though it may never be clear what prompts the unit as a whole.
11. Sacks concludes the book by talking about how there is a tendency for the ________ to take on specific patterns.
12. There are _____ and transitional attacks of migraines which can make it difficult for a doctor or researcher to decide on a diagnosis of migraine.
13. One of the categories of drugs is aimed at the __________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
14. The medical _________ in this section of the book might be overwhelming to some readers.
15. The ________ with which the patient should be seen depends on the tendency toward the migraines, according to Sacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sacks points out that some drugs simply work for migraines, even though they don't have any ________ basis for this.
2. The intensity of the pain of a migraine is directly related to the dilation of the _________ arteries in the head, according to research.
3. Sacks wants to point out that many doctors and researchers __________ too much from the data they receive in order to find these answers.
4. That migraines might have a role in one's life is the _________, rather than the rule, according to Sacks.
5. Those that are told to lighten up on their ________ are much more likely to ignore this advice than to take it from a physician.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)