|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _________ of a person who is suffering from a migraine becomes an important part of the study of migraines, according to Sacks.
2. There are _____ and transitional attacks of migraines which can make it difficult for a doctor or researcher to decide on a diagnosis of migraine.
3. Who wrote the last chapter of the book, which is made clear in the notes and the headings?
(a) A group of therapists.
4. Another of the medical deterrents to treating a migraine is aimed at the emotional ______ where this is considered to be a primary source of migraines.
5. The fact that visual ___________ are so common makes their presence fascinating to researchers.
6. But _________ does not believe that using medication should be the only treatment or a long term answer to migraines.
7. There are a number of problems that are created by the myriad of _________ that a migraine might cause, according to Sacks.
(a) After effects.
8. In some cases, all three of the possible hallucinations can be seen during a single migraine ________, according to the author.
9. What is the name of the migraine medication that is delivered in very large doses at the start of a migraine?
(b) Ergotamine tartrate.
(d) Willow bark.
10. One of the categories of drugs is aimed at the __________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
11. Sacks does not believe there is a connection with _________ being a part of the chemical reaction that takes place during a headache.
12. Sacks wants to point out that many doctors and researchers __________ too much from the data they receive in order to find these answers.
13. To deny a migraine sufferer the use of ___________ would be cruel, according to Sacks in this book.
(b) Illegal drugs.
(d) Hot baths.
14. Other patients will see __________ of people or places as a part of hallucinations during a migraine attack.
(d) Clear visions.
15. A drug may need to be taken ________ if there is severe vomiting present during a migraine episode.
Short Answer Questions
1. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
2. Sacks describes the idea of a migraine to be __________, in his opinion, though others may not share it.
3. The _________ migraine is one that comes to light when a patient is highly emotional and tends toward intense rage.
4. The intensity of pain of a migraine might be relieved by manual __________ of the arteries which are being affected.
5. Sometimes the hallucination events happen in a __________ order, with fewer patients experiencing the third category.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)