|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are _____ and transitional attacks of migraines which can make it difficult for a doctor or researcher to decide on a diagnosis of migraine.
2. Sacks does point out that there can be _____________ when using different drug treatments for migraines.
(c) No effects.
(d) Side effects.
3. But _________ does not believe that using medication should be the only treatment or a long term answer to migraines.
4. Who wrote the last chapter of the book, which is made clear in the notes and the headings?
(a) A group of therapists.
5. During this section of the book, Sacks points out there is a _________ inside the human head, according to his experience.
6. An herbal remedy that Sacks has sometimes prescribed in order to treat migraines includes __________.
7. The advice that Sacks gives patients, as referenced in #125, has been around since the time of __________, according to the author.
8. There are a number of problems that are created by the myriad of _________ that a migraine might cause, according to Sacks.
(a) After effects.
9. Sacks says that the best migraine clinic was one in which a patient was told to lie down in a darkened room with _______ and aspirin.
10. Sacks wants to point out that many doctors and researchers __________ too much from the data they receive in order to find these answers.
11. Sacks says that people with fewer than ________ events per year is in need of less extensive interviews than others.
12. It might be necessary to adjust one's ________ in order to reduce the effects of flickering lights in one's environment.
(b) Light bulbs.
13. The reaction to a migraine does not need to be uniquely _________, according to the way Sacks feels about the subject.
14. The ________ with which the patient should be seen depends on the tendency toward the migraines, according to Sacks.
15. An important part of migraine treatment, according to Sacks, is to give the body the _______ it needs in order to make it through the event.
Short Answer Questions
1. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
2. After a migraine, there is a period described as a _________, which often lasts around three hours after the pain subsides.
3. Those that are told to lighten up on their ________ are much more likely to ignore this advice than to take it from a physician.
4. What is the title that Ralph M. Siegel has, according to the way he is described in this chapter?
5. ________ turned inward on oneself, might also create a situation for a migraine to occur.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)