|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An herbal remedy that Sacks has sometimes prescribed in order to treat migraines includes __________.
2. Sacks uses the analogy of ________ to try to explain what he means by the way that migraines are never typical.
3. The ________ with which the patient should be seen depends on the tendency toward the migraines, according to Sacks.
4. Migraines might also have some specific _________ in one's life, according to Sacks, filling a role the patient needs it to fill.
5. One of the categories of drugs is aimed at the __________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
6. Some patients can respond to _________ as many migraines are sensitive to suggestion during the episode.
7. Sacks has said that migraines can be both _____ and acquired, making them difficult to diagnose and to treat.
8. Sacks wants to point out that many doctors and researchers __________ too much from the data they receive in order to find these answers.
9. The intensity of pain of a migraine might be relieved by manual __________ of the arteries which are being affected.
10. The initial ________ with a patient might be limited, but this should not be the only step in diagnosis and treatment.
11. Migraines may very well take on the particular aspects of the ________ though it may never be clear what prompts the unit as a whole.
12. Some people who have constant migraines that interrupt their life may have to _________ to live with them.
13. In Sacks' mind, there is no reason to believe that ________ do not suffer from migraines as well, according to his logic.
(c) Comatose patients.
14. The fact that visual ___________ are so common makes their presence fascinating to researchers.
15. That migraines might have a role in one's life is the _________, rather than the rule, according to Sacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
2. The _________ migraine is one that comes to light when a patient is highly emotional and tends toward intense rage.
3. _______ are unable to express pain, so Sacks says they are not useful in terms of studying migraines and how they affect the body.
4. The medical _________ in this section of the book might be overwhelming to some readers.
5. Sacks does not believe there is a connection with _________ being a part of the chemical reaction that takes place during a headache.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)