|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some researchers believe that a migraine is akin to a ________, with being a release reaction to a specific situation.
2. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
3. More ________ hallucinations can not be created in the lab setting, according to Sacks and his research.
4. The later interviews with a patient should delve more deeply into the _________ of the patient so as to discern the best possible treatment.
5. And another category of drugs are called __________ which are used for sleep or for relaxation during the treatment of a migraine.
6. In the case of menstrual migraines, Sacks points out that _________ may be helpful in controlling the pain.
(c) Cramp heating pads.
(d) Pain killers.
7. One of the categories of drugs is aimed at the __________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
8. Sacks has said that migraines can be both _____ and acquired, making them difficult to diagnose and to treat.
9. The fight or flight response is still present in _________, even if it seems to be less overt in the daily behaviors.
10. Sacks does point out that there can be _____________ when using different drug treatments for migraines.
(b) No effects.
(c) Side effects.
11. In Sacks' mind, there is no reason to believe that ________ do not suffer from migraines as well, according to his logic.
(b) Comatose patients.
12. Sacks describes the ________ and the passive reactions to situations in the animal world as a part of his discussion.
13. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
(a) Trial and error.
(b) Patient confidentiality.
14. When a patient realizes he will have less pain when he fights off a severe attack, he is more likely to choose to undergo a brief bout of ___________.
(b) Serious pain.
15. It might be necessary to adjust one's ________ in order to reduce the effects of flickering lights in one's environment.
(a) Light bulbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. A drug may need to be taken ________ if there is severe vomiting present during a migraine episode.
2. The intensity of the pain of a migraine is directly related to the dilation of the _________ arteries in the head, according to research.
3. Many of the patterns that are created are often _________, according to Sacks, which is why further research is needed.
4. Some patients will simply seek out a _________ when they don't like the advice that they hear.
5. Some of the visual disturbances which occur during a migraine can also be seen after the usage of __________ or cannabis.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)