|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of a fight or flight reactions, one can also take a ________ position within a situation.
2. The _________ of a person who is suffering from a migraine becomes an important part of the study of migraines, according to Sacks.
3. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
(b) Patient confidentiality.
(d) Trial and error.
4. ________ turned inward on oneself, might also create a situation for a migraine to occur.
5. A person who is self destructive might desire self __________ so that he can continue to hurt himself.
6. The ________ with which the patient should be seen depends on the tendency toward the migraines, according to Sacks.
7. Some of the things that patients see in their migraine are random ________ shapes, and some patients choose to draw them.
8. Migraines might also have some specific _________ in one's life, according to Sacks, filling a role the patient needs it to fill.
9. Sometimes leaps in ______ analysis are not able to give researchers clear and definitive answers.
10. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
(a) Get rest.
(b) Get sufficient exercise.
(c) Go on a holiday.
(d) Eat chocolate.
11. An important part of migraine treatment, according to Sacks, is to give the body the _______ it needs in order to make it through the event.
12. Sacks concludes the book by talking about how there is a tendency for the ________ to take on specific patterns.
13. Who wrote the last chapter of the book, which is made clear in the notes and the headings?
(a) A group of therapists.
14. The fact that visual ___________ are so common makes their presence fascinating to researchers.
15. Some doctors have tried _________ which Sacks believes to be grossly fraudulent or mutilating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sacks does not believe there is a connection with _________ being a part of the chemical reaction that takes place during a headache.
2. Another of the medical deterrents to treating a migraine is aimed at the emotional ______ where this is considered to be a primary source of migraines.
3. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
4. The reaction to a migraine does not need to be uniquely _________, according to the way Sacks feels about the subject.
5. Sacks says that people with fewer than ________ events per year is in need of less extensive interviews than others.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)