|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Migraines may very well take on the particular aspects of the ________ though it may never be clear what prompts the unit as a whole.
2. Other patients will see __________ of people or places as a part of hallucinations during a migraine attack.
(a) Clear visions.
3. The intensity of the pain of a migraine is directly related to the dilation of the _________ arteries in the head, according to research.
4. Some patients will simply seek out a _________ when they don't like the advice that they hear.
(a) New medication.
(b) New home.
(c) New physician.
(d) New set of symptoms.
5. The fact that visual ___________ are so common makes their presence fascinating to researchers.
6. To deny a migraine sufferer the use of ___________ would be cruel, according to Sacks in this book.
(a) Illegal drugs.
(d) Hot baths.
7. Sacks says that people with fewer than ________ events per year is in need of less extensive interviews than others.
8. Migraines might also have some specific _________ in one's life, according to Sacks, filling a role the patient needs it to fill.
9. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
(a) Eat chocolate.
(b) Get rest.
(c) Go on a holiday.
(d) Get sufficient exercise.
10. Another category of drugs is aimed at the ___________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
11. Careful monitoring of __________ will also be helpful for those who want to make sure they are minimizing their risk of migraines.
(a) Food intake.
(c) Exercise ability.
12. Those that are told to lighten up on their ________ are much more likely to ignore this advice than to take it from a physician.
(b) Food intake.
13. And another category of drugs are called __________ which are used for sleep or for relaxation during the treatment of a migraine.
14. Sacks does not believe there is a connection with _________ being a part of the chemical reaction that takes place during a headache.
15. Many of the patterns that are created are often _________, according to Sacks, which is why further research is needed.
(a) Movement oriented.
Short Answer Questions
1. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
2. Some doctors have tried _________ which Sacks believes to be grossly fraudulent or mutilating.
3. One of the medical deterrents to treating a migraine addresses the ________ of the malady.
4. After a migraine, there is a period described as a _________, which often lasts around three hours after the pain subsides.
5. Sacks concludes the book by talking about how there is a tendency for the ________ to take on specific patterns.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)