|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks uses the analogy of ________ to try to explain what he means by the way that migraines are never typical.
2. The intensity of pain of a migraine might be relieved by manual __________ of the arteries which are being affected.
3. An herbal remedy that Sacks has sometimes prescribed in order to treat migraines includes __________.
4. Other patients will see __________ of people or places as a part of hallucinations during a migraine attack.
(d) Clear visions.
5. What is identified as crude images among the possible visualizations that a patient can see during their migraine attack?
(c) Expanding spectrum.
(d) Geometric shapes.
6. In Sacks' mind, there is no reason to believe that ________ do not suffer from migraines as well, according to his logic.
(a) Comatose patients.
7. When a patient realizes he will have less pain when he fights off a severe attack, he is more likely to choose to undergo a brief bout of ___________.
(b) Serious pain.
8. The intensity of the pain of a migraine is directly related to the dilation of the _________ arteries in the head, according to research.
9. In the case of menstrual migraines, Sacks points out that _________ may be helpful in controlling the pain.
(a) Cramp heating pads.
(d) Pain killers.
10. There are a number of problems that are created by the myriad of _________ that a migraine might cause, according to Sacks.
(d) After effects.
11. Another category of drugs is aimed at the ___________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
12. Sacks also suggests that __________ not be overlooked as a possible treatment for the pain of migraines.
13. A drug may need to be taken ________ if there is severe vomiting present during a migraine episode.
14. Some doctors have tried _________ which Sacks believes to be grossly fraudulent or mutilating.
15. But _________ does not believe that using medication should be the only treatment or a long term answer to migraines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title that Ralph M. Siegel has, according to the way he is described in this chapter?
2. The later interviews with a patient should delve more deeply into the _________ of the patient so as to discern the best possible treatment.
3. Sometimes the hallucination events happen in a __________ order, with fewer patients experiencing the third category.
4. Migraines might also have some specific _________ in one's life, according to Sacks, filling a role the patient needs it to fill.
5. And another category of drugs are called __________ which are used for sleep or for relaxation during the treatment of a migraine.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)