|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The advice that Sacks gives patients, as referenced in #125, has been around since the time of __________, according to the author.
2. After a migraine, there is a period described as a _________, which often lasts around three hours after the pain subsides.
3. Some of the visual disturbances which occur during a migraine can also be seen after the usage of __________ or cannabis.
4. Another category of drugs is aimed at the ___________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
5. In Sacks' mind, there is no reason to believe that ________ do not suffer from migraines as well, according to his logic.
(a) Comatose patients.
6. One of the categories of drugs is aimed at the __________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
7. What is the name of the migraine medication that is delivered in very large doses at the start of a migraine?
(b) Ergotamine tartrate.
(d) Willow bark.
8. And another category of drugs are called __________ which are used for sleep or for relaxation during the treatment of a migraine.
9. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
10. One of the medical deterrents to treating a migraine addresses the ________ of the malady.
11. Sacks says that the best migraine clinic was one in which a patient was told to lie down in a darkened room with _______ and aspirin.
12. The fact that visual ___________ are so common makes their presence fascinating to researchers.
13. Sacks does not believe there is a connection with _________ being a part of the chemical reaction that takes place during a headache.
14. Another uncommon drug therapy for migraines which has been prescribed by Sacks is _____________.
(b) Weight loss drugs.
15. The initial ________ with a patient might be limited, but this should not be the only step in diagnosis and treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. During this section of the book, Sacks points out there is a _________ inside the human head, according to his experience.
2. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
3. The intensity of pain of a migraine might be relieved by manual __________ of the arteries which are being affected.
4. Some patients will simply seek out a _________ when they don't like the advice that they hear.
5. A drug may need to be taken ________ if there is severe vomiting present during a migraine episode.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)