|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That migraines might have a role in one's life is the _________, rather than the rule, according to Sacks.
2. Sometimes leaps in ______ analysis are not able to give researchers clear and definitive answers.
3. Sacks does not believe there is a connection with _________ being a part of the chemical reaction that takes place during a headache.
4. One of the categories of drugs is aimed at the __________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
5. Sacks concludes the book by talking about how there is a tendency for the ________ to take on specific patterns.
6. Some of the things that patients see in their migraine are random ________ shapes, and some patients choose to draw them.
7. In Sacks' mind, there is no reason to believe that ________ do not suffer from migraines as well, according to his logic.
(a) Comatose patients.
8. What is the name of the migraine medication that is delivered in very large doses at the start of a migraine?
(a) Ergotamine tartrate.
(c) Willow bark.
9. The _________ migraine is one that comes to light when a patient is highly emotional and tends toward intense rage.
10. There are _____ and transitional attacks of migraines which can make it difficult for a doctor or researcher to decide on a diagnosis of migraine.
11. The fact that visual ___________ are so common makes their presence fascinating to researchers.
12. Physicians, according to Sacks, often make ______ decisions based on impertinent, improper, and irresponsible interpretations.
13. Migraines may very well take on the particular aspects of the ________ though it may never be clear what prompts the unit as a whole.
14. Some patients can respond to _________ as many migraines are sensitive to suggestion during the episode.
15. The initial ________ with a patient might be limited, but this should not be the only step in diagnosis and treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first measure of management that is brought up for migraines is the use of _____________.
2. Sacks also suggests that __________ not be overlooked as a possible treatment for the pain of migraines.
3. Migraines might also have some specific _________ in one's life, according to Sacks, filling a role the patient needs it to fill.
4. Sacks says that there are some patients who will not allow him to treat them in any other way, he will only treat patients in 'the only way they ________.'
5. It might be necessary to adjust one's ________ in order to reduce the effects of flickering lights in one's environment.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)