|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It might be necessary to adjust one's ________ in order to reduce the effects of flickering lights in one's environment.
(b) Light bulbs.
2. Sacks says that there are some patients who will not allow him to treat them in any other way, he will only treat patients in 'the only way they ________.'
3. Sacks does not believe there is a connection with _________ being a part of the chemical reaction that takes place during a headache.
4. Careful monitoring of __________ will also be helpful for those who want to make sure they are minimizing their risk of migraines.
(a) Food intake.
(b) Exercise ability.
5. ________ turned inward on oneself, might also create a situation for a migraine to occur.
6. Sacks wants to point out that many doctors and researchers __________ too much from the data they receive in order to find these answers.
7. One researcher describes the presence of __________ work patterns during some migraine events.
8. The _________ of a person who is suffering from a migraine becomes an important part of the study of migraines, according to Sacks.
9. After a migraine, there is a period described as a _________, which often lasts around three hours after the pain subsides.
10. Some of the visual disturbances which occur during a migraine can also be seen after the usage of __________ or cannabis.
11. There are _____ and transitional attacks of migraines which can make it difficult for a doctor or researcher to decide on a diagnosis of migraine.
12. Some people who have constant migraines that interrupt their life may have to _________ to live with them.
13. The advice that Sacks gives patients, as referenced in #125, has been around since the time of __________, according to the author.
14. The reaction to a migraine does not need to be uniquely _________, according to the way Sacks feels about the subject.
15. The later interviews with a patient should delve more deeply into the _________ of the patient so as to discern the best possible treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some doctors have tried _________ which Sacks believes to be grossly fraudulent or mutilating.
2. In Sacks' mind, there is no reason to believe that ________ do not suffer from migraines as well, according to his logic.
3. The fight or flight response is still present in _________, even if it seems to be less overt in the daily behaviors.
4. Some patients will simply seek out a _________ when they don't like the advice that they hear.
5. Into how many categories does Sacks divide the drugs that are available for the treatment of migraines?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)