|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the categories of drugs is aimed at the __________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
2. What is identified as crude images among the possible visualizations that a patient can see during their migraine attack?
(a) Expanding spectrum.
(d) Geometric shapes.
3. In Sacks' mind, there is no reason to believe that ________ do not suffer from migraines as well, according to his logic.
(b) Comatose patients.
4. Studies fail to prove indications of a relationship between __________ causes and migraines, so Sacks does not believe this to be a valid cause.
(a) Electrical correlation.
(c) Strength training.
5. The initial ________ with a patient might be limited, but this should not be the only step in diagnosis and treatment.
6. Sacks says that the best migraine clinic was one in which a patient was told to lie down in a darkened room with _______ and aspirin.
7. Another of the medical deterrents to treating a migraine is aimed at the emotional ______ where this is considered to be a primary source of migraines.
8. The intensity of the pain of a migraine is directly related to the dilation of the _________ arteries in the head, according to research.
9. Into how many categories does Sacks divide the drugs that are available for the treatment of migraines?
10. Some researchers believe that a migraine is akin to a ________, with being a release reaction to a specific situation.
11. Another uncommon drug therapy for migraines which has been prescribed by Sacks is _____________.
(b) Weight loss drugs.
12. Those that are told to lighten up on their ________ are much more likely to ignore this advice than to take it from a physician.
(b) Food intake.
13. Sometimes the hallucination events happen in a __________ order, with fewer patients experiencing the third category.
14. Some doctors have tried _________ which Sacks believes to be grossly fraudulent or mutilating.
15. Who wrote the last chapter of the book, which is made clear in the notes and the headings?
(b) A group of therapists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
2. Sacks presents the argument between chaos and __________, in relation to migraines and to the universe.
3. More ________ hallucinations can not be created in the lab setting, according to Sacks and his research.
4. The intensity of pain of a migraine might be relieved by manual __________ of the arteries which are being affected.
5. The _________ migraine is one that comes to light when a patient is highly emotional and tends toward intense rage.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)