|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
(c) Patient confidentiality.
(d) Trial and error.
2. A person who is self destructive might desire self __________ so that he can continue to hurt himself.
3. Sacks says that there are some patients who will not allow him to treat them in any other way, he will only treat patients in 'the only way they ________.'
4. And another category of drugs are called __________ which are used for sleep or for relaxation during the treatment of a migraine.
5. Careful monitoring of __________ will also be helpful for those who want to make sure they are minimizing their risk of migraines.
(b) Exercise ability.
(d) Food intake.
6. But _________ does not believe that using medication should be the only treatment or a long term answer to migraines.
7. Who wrote the last chapter of the book, which is made clear in the notes and the headings?
(a) A group of therapists.
8. Throughout time, there have been theories about the contractions of _________ and how this might relate to migraines.
9. The first category of visual hallucinations that can be seen during a migraine attack is _________.
(a) Expanding spectrum.
10. What is the name of the migraine medication that is delivered in very large doses at the start of a migraine?
(a) Willow bark.
(b) Ergotamine tartrate.
11. Some doctors have tried _________ which Sacks believes to be grossly fraudulent or mutilating.
12. Sacks points out that some drugs simply work for migraines, even though they don't have any ________ basis for this.
13. Some of the things that patients see in their migraine are random ________ shapes, and some patients choose to draw them.
14. What is identified as crude images among the possible visualizations that a patient can see during their migraine attack?
(b) Geometric shapes.
(d) Expanding spectrum.
15. Sacks concludes the book by talking about how there is a tendency for the ________ to take on specific patterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. The fact that visual ___________ are so common makes their presence fascinating to researchers.
2. Sacks does not believe there is a connection with _________ being a part of the chemical reaction that takes place during a headache.
3. The intensity of pain of a migraine might be relieved by manual __________ of the arteries which are being affected.
4. What is the title that Ralph M. Siegel has, according to the way he is described in this chapter?
5. During this section of the book, Sacks points out there is a _________ inside the human head, according to his experience.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)