|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks points out that some drugs simply work for migraines, even though they don't have any ________ basis for this.
2. And another category of drugs are called __________ which are used for sleep or for relaxation during the treatment of a migraine.
3. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
(a) Get rest.
(b) Get sufficient exercise.
(c) Go on a holiday.
(d) Eat chocolate.
4. Some of the visual disturbances which occur during a migraine can also be seen after the usage of __________ or cannabis.
5. The advice that Sacks gives patients, as referenced in #125, has been around since the time of __________, according to the author.
6. In some cases, all three of the possible hallucinations can be seen during a single migraine ________, according to the author.
7. The ________ with which the patient should be seen depends on the tendency toward the migraines, according to Sacks.
8. Those that are told to lighten up on their ________ are much more likely to ignore this advice than to take it from a physician.
(c) Food intake.
9. The fight or flight response is still present in _________, even if it seems to be less overt in the daily behaviors.
10. Careful monitoring of __________ will also be helpful for those who want to make sure they are minimizing their risk of migraines.
(b) Food intake.
(c) Exercise ability.
11. The intensity of pain of a migraine might be relieved by manual __________ of the arteries which are being affected.
12. The _________ of a person who is suffering from a migraine becomes an important part of the study of migraines, according to Sacks.
13. Some doctors have tried _________ which Sacks believes to be grossly fraudulent or mutilating.
14. Migraines may very well take on the particular aspects of the ________ though it may never be clear what prompts the unit as a whole.
15. Some people who have constant migraines that interrupt their life may have to _________ to live with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sacks does not believe there is a connection with _________ being a part of the chemical reaction that takes place during a headache.
2. Sacks says that people with fewer than ________ events per year is in need of less extensive interviews than others.
3. When a patient realizes he will have less pain when he fights off a severe attack, he is more likely to choose to undergo a brief bout of ___________.
4. Some of the things that patients see in their migraine are random ________ shapes, and some patients choose to draw them.
5. Sometimes leaps in ______ analysis are not able to give researchers clear and definitive answers.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)