|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the categories of drugs is aimed at the __________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
2. In some cases, all three of the possible hallucinations can be seen during a single migraine ________, according to the author.
3. Sacks does point out that there can be _____________ when using different drug treatments for migraines.
(a) Side effects.
(c) No effects.
4. Symptomatic drugs include _________, according to the treatment methods and history of Sacks.
(a) Herbal drugs.
5. A person who is self destructive might desire self __________ so that he can continue to hurt himself.
6. In Sacks' mind, there is no reason to believe that ________ do not suffer from migraines as well, according to his logic.
(d) Comatose patients.
7. The reaction to a migraine does not need to be uniquely _________, according to the way Sacks feels about the subject.
8. The need for the __________ mentality is more evident in the animal world because of the need for biological survival.
(a) No pain.
(b) Flight or flight.
9. Who wrote the last chapter of the book, which is made clear in the notes and the headings?
(b) A group of therapists.
10. Many of the patterns that are created are often _________, according to Sacks, which is why further research is needed.
(c) Movement oriented.
11. The advice that Sacks gives patients, as referenced in #125, has been around since the time of __________, according to the author.
12. Sometimes the hallucination events happen in a __________ order, with fewer patients experiencing the third category.
13. Some patients can respond to _________ as many migraines are sensitive to suggestion during the episode.
14. The fight or flight response is still present in _________, even if it seems to be less overt in the daily behaviors.
15. The intensity of the pain of a migraine is directly related to the dilation of the _________ arteries in the head, according to research.
Short Answer Questions
1. Migraines may very well take on the particular aspects of the ________ though it may never be clear what prompts the unit as a whole.
2. Careful monitoring of __________ will also be helpful for those who want to make sure they are minimizing their risk of migraines.
3. What is the name of the migraine medication that is delivered in very large doses at the start of a migraine?
4. Throughout time, there have been theories about the contractions of _________ and how this might relate to migraines.
5. Sacks has said that migraines can be both _____ and acquired, making them difficult to diagnose and to treat.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)