|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a migraine, there is a period described as a _________, which often lasts around three hours after the pain subsides.
2. The _________ of a person who is suffering from a migraine becomes an important part of the study of migraines, according to Sacks.
3. That migraines might have a role in one's life is the _________, rather than the rule, according to Sacks.
4. Effective drug therapy, according to Sacks, will be based and depends on ____________, according to his experience.
(a) Trial and error.
(d) Patient confidentiality.
5. Other patients will see __________ of people or places as a part of hallucinations during a migraine attack.
(d) Clear visions.
6. Sacks describes the idea of a migraine to be __________, in his opinion, though others may not share it.
7. Sometimes the hallucination events happen in a __________ order, with fewer patients experiencing the third category.
8. During this section of the book, Sacks points out there is a _________ inside the human head, according to his experience.
9. Some people who have constant migraines that interrupt their life may have to _________ to live with them.
10. Sacks describes the ________ and the passive reactions to situations in the animal world as a part of his discussion.
11. Some patients will simply seek out a _________ when they don't like the advice that they hear.
(a) New physician.
(b) New home.
(c) New set of symptoms.
(d) New medication.
12. In Sacks' mind, there is no reason to believe that ________ do not suffer from migraines as well, according to his logic.
(d) Comatose patients.
13. What is identified as crude images among the possible visualizations that a patient can see during their migraine attack?
(b) Expanding spectrum.
(c) Geometric shapes.
14. Some patients can respond to _________ as many migraines are sensitive to suggestion during the episode.
15. Into how many categories does Sacks divide the drugs that are available for the treatment of migraines?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first category of visual hallucinations that can be seen during a migraine attack is _________.
2. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
3. Another category of drugs is aimed at the ___________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
4. One of the categories of drugs is aimed at the __________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
5. The _________ migraine is one that comes to light when a patient is highly emotional and tends toward intense rage.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)