|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are a number of problems that are created by the myriad of _________ that a migraine might cause, according to Sacks.
(b) After effects.
2. Sacks does not believe there is a connection with _________ being a part of the chemical reaction that takes place during a headache.
3. Sacks proposes that a person who seems to be _______ may also be trying to be self destructive to their body and minds.
(b) In pain a lot.
(c) Accident prone.
4. Throughout time, there have been theories about the contractions of _________ and how this might relate to migraines.
5. It might be necessary to adjust one's ________ in order to reduce the effects of flickering lights in one's environment.
(b) Light bulbs.
6. Sacks points out that many doctors and patients are still looking for the _____________ to help with migraine pain management.
(a) Wonder drug.
(b) Right book.
(c) Wonder regimen.
(d) Best environment.
7. The _________ of a person who is suffering from a migraine becomes an important part of the study of migraines, according to Sacks.
8. Sacks wants to point out that there are few _________ that have any value in helping with a migraine case.
9. The advice that Sacks gives patients, as referenced in #125, has been around since the time of __________, according to the author.
10. One of the medical deterrents to treating a migraine addresses the ________ of the malady.
11. Sacks uses the analogy of ________ to try to explain what he means by the way that migraines are never typical.
12. But _________ does not believe that using medication should be the only treatment or a long term answer to migraines.
13. The fact that visual ___________ are so common makes their presence fascinating to researchers.
14. The first measure of management that is brought up for migraines is the use of _____________.
15. What is identified as crude images among the possible visualizations that a patient can see during their migraine attack?
(a) Expanding spectrum.
(d) Geometric shapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The medical _________ in this section of the book might be overwhelming to some readers.
2. In some cases, all three of the possible hallucinations can be seen during a single migraine ________, according to the author.
3. An important part of migraine treatment, according to Sacks, is to give the body the _______ it needs in order to make it through the event.
4. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
5. Sacks wants to point out that many doctors and researchers __________ too much from the data they receive in order to find these answers.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)