|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An herbal remedy that Sacks has sometimes prescribed in order to treat migraines includes __________.
2. ________ turned inward on oneself, might also create a situation for a migraine to occur.
3. After a migraine, there is a period described as a _________, which often lasts around three hours after the pain subsides.
4. Physicians, according to Sacks, often make ______ decisions based on impertinent, improper, and irresponsible interpretations.
5. Sacks says that the best migraine clinic was one in which a patient was told to lie down in a darkened room with _______ and aspirin.
6. Another uncommon drug therapy for migraines which has been prescribed by Sacks is _____________.
(c) Weight loss drugs.
7. The medical _________ in this section of the book might be overwhelming to some readers.
8. The intensity of the pain of a migraine is directly related to the dilation of the _________ arteries in the head, according to research.
9. More ________ hallucinations can not be created in the lab setting, according to Sacks and his research.
10. A drug may need to be taken ________ if there is severe vomiting present during a migraine episode.
11. Sacks points out that many doctors and patients are still looking for the _____________ to help with migraine pain management.
(a) Right book.
(b) Wonder regimen.
(c) Wonder drug.
(d) Best environment.
12. What is the title that Ralph M. Siegel has, according to the way he is described in this chapter?
13. But _________ does not believe that using medication should be the only treatment or a long term answer to migraines.
14. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
15. That migraines might have a role in one's life is the _________, rather than the rule, according to Sacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the patterns that are created are often _________, according to Sacks, which is why further research is needed.
2. Sacks has said that migraines can be both _____ and acquired, making them difficult to diagnose and to treat.
3. Symptomatic drugs include _________, according to the treatment methods and history of Sacks.
4. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
5. Some patients can respond to _________ as many migraines are sensitive to suggestion during the episode.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)