|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Studies fail to prove indications of a relationship between __________ causes and migraines, so Sacks does not believe this to be a valid cause.
(b) Strength training.
(d) Electrical correlation.
2. The ________ with which the patient should be seen depends on the tendency toward the migraines, according to Sacks.
3. Sacks concludes the book by talking about how there is a tendency for the ________ to take on specific patterns.
4. Some patients can respond to _________ as many migraines are sensitive to suggestion during the episode.
5. Sacks wants to point out that many doctors and researchers __________ too much from the data they receive in order to find these answers.
6. But _________ does not believe that using medication should be the only treatment or a long term answer to migraines.
7. In some cases, all three of the possible hallucinations can be seen during a single migraine ________, according to the author.
8. The first measure of management that is brought up for migraines is the use of _____________.
9. When a patient realizes he will have less pain when he fights off a severe attack, he is more likely to choose to undergo a brief bout of ___________.
(a) Serious pain.
10. It might be necessary to adjust one's ________ in order to reduce the effects of flickering lights in one's environment.
(c) Light bulbs.
11. Careful monitoring of __________ will also be helpful for those who want to make sure they are minimizing their risk of migraines.
(b) Exercise ability.
(d) Food intake.
12. Some of the things that patients see in their migraine are random ________ shapes, and some patients choose to draw them.
13. The fight or flight response is still present in _________, even if it seems to be less overt in the daily behaviors.
14. Some of the visual disturbances which occur during a migraine can also be seen after the usage of __________ or cannabis.
15. Sacks points out that some drugs simply work for migraines, even though they don't have any ________ basis for this.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ migraine is one that comes to light when a patient is highly emotional and tends toward intense rage.
2. The fact that visual ___________ are so common makes their presence fascinating to researchers.
3. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
4. Sacks says that there are some patients who will not allow him to treat them in any other way, he will only treat patients in 'the only way they ________.'
5. The reaction to a migraine does not need to be uniquely _________, according to the way Sacks feels about the subject.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)