|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the medical deterrents to treating a migraine addresses the ________ of the malady.
2. Sometimes leaps in ______ analysis are not able to give researchers clear and definitive answers.
3. And another category of drugs are called __________ which are used for sleep or for relaxation during the treatment of a migraine.
4. Sacks describes the idea of a migraine to be __________, in his opinion, though others may not share it.
5. Some doctors have tried _________ which Sacks believes to be grossly fraudulent or mutilating.
6. There are _____ and transitional attacks of migraines which can make it difficult for a doctor or researcher to decide on a diagnosis of migraine.
7. Migraines might also have some specific _________ in one's life, according to Sacks, filling a role the patient needs it to fill.
8. Sacks presents the argument between chaos and __________, in relation to migraines and to the universe.
9. Sacks says that people with fewer than ________ events per year is in need of less extensive interviews than others.
10. When a patient realizes he will have less pain when he fights off a severe attack, he is more likely to choose to undergo a brief bout of ___________.
(c) Serious pain.
11. Many of the patterns that are created are often _________, according to Sacks, which is why further research is needed.
(c) Movement oriented.
12. A person who is self destructive might desire self __________ so that he can continue to hurt himself.
13. Sacks points out that some drugs simply work for migraines, even though they don't have any ________ basis for this.
14. The intensity of pain of a migraine might be relieved by manual __________ of the arteries which are being affected.
15. The intensity of the pain of a migraine is directly related to the dilation of the _________ arteries in the head, according to research.
Short Answer Questions
1. Careful monitoring of __________ will also be helpful for those who want to make sure they are minimizing their risk of migraines.
2. A _________ migraine may be nothing more than a reaction to the rage that a patient is feeling, which can lead to pain.
3. After a migraine, there is a period described as a _________, which often lasts around three hours after the pain subsides.
4. The fact that visual ___________ are so common makes their presence fascinating to researchers.
5. Sacks wants to point out that there are few _________ that have any value in helping with a migraine case.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)