|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this section of the book, Sacks points out there is a _________ inside the human head, according to his experience.
2. In some cases, all three of the possible hallucinations can be seen during a single migraine ________, according to the author.
3. Some researchers believe that a migraine is akin to a ________, with being a release reaction to a specific situation.
4. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
(a) Get sufficient exercise.
(b) Go on a holiday.
(c) Eat chocolate.
(d) Get rest.
5. To deny a migraine sufferer the use of ___________ would be cruel, according to Sacks in this book.
(c) Illegal drugs.
(d) Hot baths.
6. Other patients will see __________ of people or places as a part of hallucinations during a migraine attack.
(a) Clear visions.
7. The intensity of the pain of a migraine is directly related to the dilation of the _________ arteries in the head, according to research.
8. Sacks describes the idea of a migraine to be __________, in his opinion, though others may not share it.
9. Sometimes the hallucination events happen in a __________ order, with fewer patients experiencing the third category.
10. Sacks says that there are some patients who will not allow him to treat them in any other way, he will only treat patients in 'the only way they ________.'
11. Sacks points out that some drugs simply work for migraines, even though they don't have any ________ basis for this.
12. Sacks says that the best migraine clinic was one in which a patient was told to lie down in a darkened room with _______ and aspirin.
13. Physicians, according to Sacks, often make ______ decisions based on impertinent, improper, and irresponsible interpretations.
14. One of the medical deterrents to treating a migraine addresses the ________ of the malady.
15. There are _____ and transitional attacks of migraines which can make it difficult for a doctor or researcher to decide on a diagnosis of migraine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another uncommon drug therapy for migraines which has been prescribed by Sacks is _____________.
2. A drug may need to be taken ________ if there is severe vomiting present during a migraine episode.
3. Some patients can respond to _________ as many migraines are sensitive to suggestion during the episode.
4. Some doctors have tried _________ which Sacks believes to be grossly fraudulent or mutilating.
5. The advice that Sacks gives patients, as referenced in #125, has been around since the time of __________, according to the author.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)