|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this section of the book, Sacks points out there is a _________ inside the human head, according to his experience.
2. The fact that visual ___________ are so common makes their presence fascinating to researchers.
3. The fight or flight response is still present in _________, even if it seems to be less overt in the daily behaviors.
4. There are _____ and transitional attacks of migraines which can make it difficult for a doctor or researcher to decide on a diagnosis of migraine.
5. A drug may need to be taken ________ if there is severe vomiting present during a migraine episode.
6. Sometimes, ______ management strategies are necessary in order to prevent and to manage migraines, according to Sacks.
7. The later interviews with a patient should delve more deeply into the _________ of the patient so as to discern the best possible treatment.
8. In the case of menstrual migraines, Sacks points out that _________ may be helpful in controlling the pain.
(a) Pain killers.
(c) Cramp heating pads.
9. In Sacks' mind, there is no reason to believe that ________ do not suffer from migraines as well, according to his logic.
(d) Comatose patients.
10. Some patients can respond to _________ as many migraines are sensitive to suggestion during the episode.
11. An herbal remedy that Sacks has sometimes prescribed in order to treat migraines includes __________.
12. What is the title that Ralph M. Siegel has, according to the way he is described in this chapter?
13. Some researchers believe that a migraine is akin to a ________, with being a release reaction to a specific situation.
14. Sacks points out that some drugs simply work for migraines, even though they don't have any ________ basis for this.
15. What is NOT one of the basic pieces of advice that Sacks offers for those who are suffering from migraines?
(a) Get sufficient exercise.
(b) Eat chocolate.
(c) Get rest.
(d) Go on a holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Physicians, according to Sacks, often make ______ decisions based on impertinent, improper, and irresponsible interpretations.
2. Another of the medical deterrents to treating a migraine is aimed at the emotional ______ where this is considered to be a primary source of migraines.
3. The ________ with which the patient should be seen depends on the tendency toward the migraines, according to Sacks.
4. What is the name of the migraine medication that is delivered in very large doses at the start of a migraine?
5. An important part of migraine treatment, according to Sacks, is to give the body the _______ it needs in order to make it through the event.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)