|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is caused by the arterial pulses and pressure on the affected artery can help during a migraine?
(d) Rapid heartbeat.
2. Where is the physicist du Bois Reymond from, according to the descriptions in this manuscript?
3. The 53-year-old woman who is studied in this section reports a feeling of ______ right before the onset of her migraine.
(d) Well being.
4. __________ migraines are always present in those who have cases of severe nausea along with their pain.
5. Sacks points out that there is a tendency to _________ migraine sufferers in literature and in descriptions.
6. What is usually violent and often relegated to just one side of the head when it is present?
(d) Sore throat.
7. What may or may not continue as a result of the pain of a migraine increasing or continuing?
8. Some migraine patients may also hear noises, such as a low growl or a _________ as a part of their hallucinations.
9. Sensory _________ is one of the categories of aural symptoms that the patient may experience.
10. The general rule for __________ is that they are present early in life and then they tend to taper off in time.
(c) Motion sickness bouts.
11. Sacks pointed out that a woman's hair turned __________ on one side, the side where she would have her headaches.
12. The ________ is the word traditionally associated with the sensory illusions that a migraine sufferer may experience.
13. There is a tendency in migraines to have __________ connections, according to the findings of Sacks.
14. Some people will have troubles understanding __________ as a result of an aura which precedes a migraine.
15. One patient believes there are small _________ in the room with him, even when there are not.
Short Answer Questions
1. But on the other hand, some feel that those who suffer from migraines might be ____________ to suffer from allergies and motion sickness.
2. Sacks points out there are many ___________ toward many diseases and migraines are no exception to this finding.
3. What do many patients notice about the pain they might feel when they are experiencing a migraine?
4. Some researchers actually believe that migraines make a person __________ to other diseases and to other conditions.
5. What is always present to some degree, even if it varies from one migraine case to another?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)