|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the answer to #31 typically precede, according to previous case studies in Sacks' research?
(a) Epileptic seizures.
(b) Heart attacks.
2. What is found in about one fourth of all patients who have migraine pains and other symptoms?
(c) Nasal stuffiness.
3. When ________ happens and it is not followed by a headache, it can be confusing and misinterpreted by the person experiencing it.
(a) An aura.
(c) A pain.
(d) A dream.
4. Sacks does point out in this section that many people believe that migraines are _______________ in nature.
5. ________ often has a derogatory connotation and may require additional discussion among researchers.
6. Sacks points out that some migraines tend to present themselves as a ________, from the earliest signs to the aftereffects.
7. Sacks points out there are many ___________ toward many diseases and migraines are no exception to this finding.
8. The combination of _________ in the case of the woman with the impotent husband and the delinquent child might cause her headaches.
(a) Sharing living space.
9. There is substantial evidence that there may be a _______________ between migraines and those who suffer from epileptic seizures.
(a) Direction casual relationship.
(b) True understanding.
(c) Lost link.
10. What may or may not continue as a result of the pain of a migraine increasing or continuing?
11. There is a tendency in migraines to have __________ connections, according to the findings of Sacks.
12. Some people will continue on with their lives during a migraine, though they will still contend with __________ at some point.
13. There might also be a connection, according to Sacks, between migraines and _________, as some will wake up with headaches.
(b) Sleeping in bed alone.
14. What can be impossible when the pain of a migraine is intense, according to this book?
15. There may also be changes in the levels of __________ which can be present in the aural symptom experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ emotions, exercise, and excitement are also regularly blamed for migraines though Sacks thinks this is only a part of the answer.
2. What did the man begin to use when he realized that sneezing might be able to relieve his migraine pain?
3. What might alleviate the pain of a migraine in some patients, while this might also make the pain more severe for some patients?
4. Many people who are experiencing migraines may seem to become _________ before they begin to show any other signs.
5. __________ migraines are always present in those who have cases of severe nausea along with their pain.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)