|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the physicist du Bois Reymond from, according to the descriptions in this manuscript?
2. __________ migraines are always present in those who have cases of severe nausea along with their pain.
3. The ________ who was restricted from normal social activities might be suffering from migraines as a result of depression.
4. Some migraine patients may also hear noises, such as a low growl or a _________ as a part of their hallucinations.
5. Unusual __________ occur in about one tenth of patients, according to the descriptions in the book.
(a) Word patterns.
(d) Bowel movements.
6. One case study of a man with headaches points out that he doesn't like to discuss his feelings of __________ as they are related to his migraines.
7. There is a tendency in migraines to have __________ connections, according to the findings of Sacks.
8. What is caused by the arterial pulses and pressure on the affected artery can help during a migraine?
(a) Rapid heartbeat.
9. Poor or unusual _______ conditions have also been blamed for migraines though that might only be a part of the issue.
10. The symptoms of a migraine, as described in this chapter, include a feeling of _______ as well as the classic symptoms of migraine which are present in this section.
11. What happens to Reymond every three to four weeks, according to the notes of Sacks in the beginning of this book?
(b) A new study.
(c) A new pill.
(d) New patients.
12. __________ emotions, exercise, and excitement are also regularly blamed for migraines though Sacks thinks this is only a part of the answer.
13. Some people ascribe to the idea that a migraine may just be a/an ___________ reaction to the rest of the world.
14. But on the other hand, some feel that those who suffer from migraines might be ____________ to suffer from allergies and motion sickness.
(a) Just as likely.
(b) More likely.
(d) Less likely.
15. What does Sacks ask migraine patients to do in order to see if they can determine a cause or a condition which might lead to migraines?
(a) A count of their medication usage.
(b) Video log.
(d) Go for a run during a headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some doctors and researchers are concerned about the possibility of _______ as a result of migraines.
2. What may or may not continue as a result of the pain of a migraine increasing or continuing?
3. One patient believes there are small _________ in the room with him, even when there are not.
4. Sacks notes that those who suffer from _________ migraines experience the onset of an attack at fairly regular periods though the times vary from one patient to another.
5. Those who have ________ migraines are often those who are prone to blushing in their everyday lives.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)