|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is usually violent and often relegated to just one side of the head when it is present?
(c) Sore throat.
2. The central symptoms of a migraine are described as disorders of ________ in this book.
3. What does the answer to #31 typically precede, according to previous case studies in Sacks' research?
(c) Epileptic seizures.
(d) Heart attacks.
4. What is found in about one fourth of all patients who have migraine pains and other symptoms?
(d) Nasal stuffiness.
5. One man experienced a ________ sensation in his left foot during the course of a migraine.
6. There might also be a connection, according to Sacks, between migraines and _________, as some will wake up with headaches.
(b) Sleeping in bed alone.
7. How many areas of aural symptoms does Sacks point out to be the case for most patients?
8. The ________ who was restricted from normal social activities might be suffering from migraines as a result of depression.
9. Some researchers actually believe that migraines make a person __________ to other diseases and to other conditions.
10. What is NOT one of the things that are listed in the possible visual sensory hallucinations that one might experience?
(a) Geometric figures.
(b) Flashing lights.
11. Changes in the sensory __________ are another possible part of the aural symptoms, according to Sacks.
12. The man with an extreme aura seems to think he is in _________ when he is actually in New York.
13. __________ migraines are always present in those who have cases of severe nausea along with their pain.
14. There may also be changes in the levels of __________ which can be present in the aural symptom experience.
15. There are other hallucinations in which _________ may appear to be bigger or smaller than they actually are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some migraine patients may also hear noises, such as a low growl or a _________ as a part of their hallucinations.
2. The man who always _______ to end his migraine attacks had to find a new way of relieving his pain.
3. Poor or unusual _______ conditions have also been blamed for migraines though that might only be a part of the issue.
4. Where is the physicist du Bois Reymond from, according to the descriptions in this manuscript?
5. Those who have ________ migraines are often those who are prone to blushing in their everyday lives.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)