|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is substantial evidence that there may be a _______________ between migraines and those who suffer from epileptic seizures.
(a) Lost link.
(b) Direction casual relationship.
(d) True understanding.
2. Finally, there may be disorders of perception, __________, and memory during the course of aural symptoms.
3. Unusual __________ occur in about one tenth of patients, according to the descriptions in the book.
(a) Bowel movements.
(c) Word patterns.
4. What may or may not continue as a result of the pain of a migraine increasing or continuing?
5. The ________ is the word traditionally associated with the sensory illusions that a migraine sufferer may experience.
6. Sacks has found the the cause of some monthly migraines for women might be the result of a new ____________ regimen.
(c) Hormone treatment.
7. The 53-year-old woman who is studied in this section reports a feeling of ______ right before the onset of her migraine.
(a) Well being.
8. Sacks points out there are many ___________ toward many diseases and migraines are no exception to this finding.
9. Sacks says that the only way to test the family connection theory of migraines is to see if a child with migraines in his family develops migraines when living with a ____________.
(b) High pressure house.
(c) Foster family.
(d) New puppy.
10. Some people will have troubles understanding __________ as a result of an aura which precedes a migraine.
11. __________ migraines are always present in those who have cases of severe nausea along with their pain.
12. What did the man begin to use when he realized that sneezing might be able to relieve his migraine pain?
(c) Baby powder.
13. There may also be changes in the levels of __________ which can be present in the aural symptom experience.
14. Some people ascribe to the idea that a migraine may just be a/an ___________ reaction to the rest of the world.
15. The symptoms of a migraine, as described in this chapter, include a feeling of _______ as well as the classic symptoms of migraine which are present in this section.
Short Answer Questions
1. Those who have ________ migraines are often those who are prone to blushing in their everyday lives.
2. Sensory _________ is one of the categories of aural symptoms that the patient may experience.
3. Sacks points out that there is a tendency to _________ migraine sufferers in literature and in descriptions.
4. Sacks discusses the way that ________ can change in people who are in the middle of a migraine attack.
5. The ________ who was restricted from normal social activities might be suffering from migraines as a result of depression.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)