|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There may also be changes in ________ as a result of an aura, according to Sacks in this section of the book.
2. The combination of _________ in the case of the woman with the impotent husband and the delinquent child might cause her headaches.
(c) Sharing living space.
3. One man experienced a ________ sensation in his left foot during the course of a migraine.
4. Many people who are experiencing migraines may seem to become _________ before they begin to show any other signs.
5. The man with an extreme aura seems to think he is in _________ when he is actually in New York.
6. One woman was described as being ____________, though her symptoms were actually more a part of a migraine.
7. Sacks does point out in this section that many people believe that migraines are _______________ in nature.
8. With a migraine, there can be a _________ appearance to the eye, according to the description in this book.
9. __________ emotions, exercise, and excitement are also regularly blamed for migraines though Sacks thinks this is only a part of the answer.
10. The man who always _______ to end his migraine attacks had to find a new way of relieving his pain.
11. The ________ who was restricted from normal social activities might be suffering from migraines as a result of depression.
12. _________ also seems to be related to migraines, though it is thought to not be causally related, according to most researchers.
(a) Heart attacks.
(c) Genetic disturbances.
(d) Weight gain.
13. Sacks is just not sure if ____________ or genetics are more of a cause for the migraines which seem to take place in families.
14. Sacks notes that those who suffer from _________ migraines experience the onset of an attack at fairly regular periods though the times vary from one patient to another.
15. There may also be changes in the levels of __________ which can be present in the aural symptom experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________ is the word traditionally associated with the sensory illusions that a migraine sufferer may experience.
2. Some doctors and researchers are concerned about the possibility of _______ as a result of migraines.
3. One woman who kept a diary of her life around her migraines found that skipping her ___________ led to the incident of a migraine.
4. Sacks says that the only way to test the family connection theory of migraines is to see if a child with migraines in his family develops migraines when living with a ____________.
5. There are other hallucinations in which _________ may appear to be bigger or smaller than they actually are.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)