|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might alleviate the pain of a migraine in some patients, while this might also make the pain more severe for some patients?
2. The combination of _________ in the case of the woman with the impotent husband and the delinquent child might cause her headaches.
(b) Sharing living space.
3. Some patients will describe severe __________ as the main symptom of their migraine attack, leading to a different definition of migraine.
(b) Head pain.
(c) Abdominal pain.
(d) Family troubles.
4. There are other hallucinations in which _________ may appear to be bigger or smaller than they actually are.
5. Sometimes auras can be so powerful so as to have the appearance of a __________ in some patients.
(c) Heart murmur.
6. There are some patients that obviously suffer from periodical or causal attacks but that the larger group will defy easy _____________.
7. Sensory _________ is one of the categories of aural symptoms that the patient may experience.
8. Sacks says that _________ may prompt a migraine or might be a part of the unit of the overall event.
9. ________ is a Chinese food additive which has been linked to many migraine cases, and in causing migraines throughout one's life.
10. The woman that the man thought he was talking to was _______, while it was actually his secretary.
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His boss.
(d) His mother.
11. With a migraine, there can be a _________ appearance to the eye, according to the description in this book.
12. What is always present to some degree, even if it varies from one migraine case to another?
13. There may also be changes in ________ as a result of an aura, according to Sacks in this section of the book.
14. Those who have ________ migraines are often those who are prone to blushing in their everyday lives.
15. Sacks says that the only way to test the family connection theory of migraines is to see if a child with migraines in his family develops migraines when living with a ____________.
(b) Foster family.
(c) New puppy.
(d) High pressure house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in about one fourth of all patients who have migraine pains and other symptoms?
2. Sacks discusses the way that ________ can change in people who are in the middle of a migraine attack.
3. Some doctors and researchers are concerned about the possibility of _______ as a result of migraines.
4. What is NOT one of the things that are listed in the possible visual sensory hallucinations that one might experience?
5. The __________ of a migraine aura are something that are short lived, unlike those of an actual seizure, according to Sacks.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)