|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might be a secondary factor of a migraine headache, causing even more pain and more tension?
(b) Family life.
(d) Tension headache.
2. Some patients will describe severe __________ as the main symptom of their migraine attack, leading to a different definition of migraine.
(a) Head pain.
(b) Abdominal pain.
(d) Family troubles.
3. Sacks notes that those who suffer from _________ migraines experience the onset of an attack at fairly regular periods though the times vary from one patient to another.
4. Migraines and seizures are linked on both a _________ and genetic basis, according to Sacks in this book.
5. Sometimes, there might be sections of vision during a migraine which are ___________.
(b) Filled with colors.
6. One case study of a man with headaches points out that he doesn't like to discuss his feelings of __________ as they are related to his migraines.
7. The __________ of a migraine aura are something that are short lived, unlike those of an actual seizure, according to Sacks.
8. Poor or unusual _______ conditions have also been blamed for migraines though that might only be a part of the issue.
9. What is always present to some degree, even if it varies from one migraine case to another?
10. What is found in about one fourth of all patients who have migraine pains and other symptoms?
(d) Nasal stuffiness.
11. What happens to Reymond every three to four weeks, according to the notes of Sacks in the beginning of this book?
(a) A new pill.
(c) New patients.
(d) A new study.
12. Some people, when having a migraine, might feel a distorted sense of familiarity or _____________.
13. One woman was described as being ____________, though her symptoms were actually more a part of a migraine.
14. Sacks pointed out that a woman's hair turned __________ on one side, the side where she would have her headaches.
15. What did the man begin to use when he realized that sneezing might be able to relieve his migraine pain?
(b) Baby powder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of headaches might wake up a patient in the middle of the night, according to studies?
2. What is caused by the arterial pulses and pressure on the affected artery can help during a migraine?
3. With a migraine, there can be a _________ appearance to the eye, according to the description in this book.
4. Sacks points out that some migraines tend to present themselves as a ________, from the earliest signs to the aftereffects.
5. Most patients, it seems, have an irresistible urge to _________ when they are suffering from a migraine, according to the studies in this book.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)