|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One case study of a man with headaches points out that he doesn't like to discuss his feelings of __________ as they are related to his migraines.
2. Unusual __________ occur in about one tenth of patients, according to the descriptions in the book.
(a) Bowel movements.
(d) Word patterns.
3. ________ is a Chinese food additive which has been linked to many migraine cases, and in causing migraines throughout one's life.
4. Some researchers actually believe that migraines make a person __________ to other diseases and to other conditions.
5. What may or may not continue as a result of the pain of a migraine increasing or continuing?
6. Changes in the sensory __________ are another possible part of the aural symptoms, according to Sacks.
7. Sacks does point out in this section that many people believe that migraines are _______________ in nature.
8. But on the other hand, some feel that those who suffer from migraines might be ____________ to suffer from allergies and motion sickness.
(a) More likely.
(b) Just as likely.
(d) Less likely.
9. What kinds of headaches might wake up a patient in the middle of the night, according to studies?
10. Some people, when having a migraine, might feel a distorted sense of familiarity or _____________.
11. _________ also seems to be related to migraines, though it is thought to not be causally related, according to most researchers.
(a) Weight gain.
(b) Heart attacks.
(d) Genetic disturbances.
12. Sometimes auras can be so powerful so as to have the appearance of a __________ in some patients.
(a) Heart murmur.
13. There may also be changes in ________ as a result of an aura, according to Sacks in this section of the book.
14. What is usually violent and often relegated to just one side of the head when it is present?
(b) Sore throat.
15. There may also be changes in the levels of __________ which can be present in the aural symptom experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. With a migraine, there can be a _________ appearance to the eye, according to the description in this book.
2. There is substantial evidence that there may be a _______________ between migraines and those who suffer from epileptic seizures.
3. One woman was described as being ____________, though her symptoms were actually more a part of a migraine.
4. Some migraine patients may also hear noises, such as a low growl or a _________ as a part of their hallucinations.
5. Some people ascribe to the idea that a migraine may just be a/an ___________ reaction to the rest of the world.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)