|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ migraines are always present in those who have cases of severe nausea along with their pain.
2. In the ________ migraine, there are certain situations that might be present - light, sound, activities, smells, drugs, etc.
3. Some people ascribe to the idea that a migraine may just be a/an ___________ reaction to the rest of the world.
4. Other researchers think there might be a certain __________ or grace to those who suffer from migraines, according to their work.
5. There might also be a connection, according to Sacks, between migraines and _________, as some will wake up with headaches.
(a) Sleeping in bed alone.
6. The ________ is the word traditionally associated with the sensory illusions that a migraine sufferer may experience.
7. The central symptoms of a migraine are described as disorders of ________ in this book.
8. Some doctors and researchers are concerned about the possibility of _______ as a result of migraines.
(a) Seizure conditions.
(b) No quality of life.
(c) Brain damage.
9. Sometimes, there might be sections of vision during a migraine which are ___________.
(d) Filled with colors.
10. Some people, when having a migraine, might feel a distorted sense of familiarity or _____________.
11. There is a tendency in migraines to have __________ connections, according to the findings of Sacks.
12. Sacks pointed out that a woman's hair turned __________ on one side, the side where she would have her headaches.
13. Sacks points out there are many ___________ toward many diseases and migraines are no exception to this finding.
14. Finally, there may be disorders of perception, __________, and memory during the course of aural symptoms.
15. What does the answer to #31 typically precede, according to previous case studies in Sacks' research?
(c) Heart attacks.
(d) Epileptic seizures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some researchers actually believe that migraines make a person __________ to other diseases and to other conditions.
2. What do many patients notice about the pain they might feel when they are experiencing a migraine?
3. Sacks says that the only way to test the family connection theory of migraines is to see if a child with migraines in his family develops migraines when living with a ____________.
4. With a migraine, there can be a _________ appearance to the eye, according to the description in this book.
5. Sacks is just not sure if ____________ or genetics are more of a cause for the migraines which seem to take place in families.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)