|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There may also be changes in ________ as a result of an aura, according to Sacks in this section of the book.
2. Finally, there may be disorders of perception, __________, and memory during the course of aural symptoms.
3. Sometimes auras can be so powerful so as to have the appearance of a __________ in some patients.
(d) Heart murmur.
4. What might be a secondary factor of a migraine headache, causing even more pain and more tension?
(a) Tension headache.
(c) Family life.
5. The central symptoms of a migraine are described as disorders of ________ in this book.
6. Sacks believes that a single _________ or series of them might actually drive the entire migraine episode.
7. Where is the physicist du Bois Reymond from, according to the descriptions in this manuscript?
8. The ________ is the word traditionally associated with the sensory illusions that a migraine sufferer may experience.
9. The woman then began to feel an irresistible urge to _________, which then served as a warning for her migraines.
(a) Spin around.
10. What did the man begin to use when he realized that sneezing might be able to relieve his migraine pain?
(b) Baby powder.
11. One woman was described as being ____________, though her symptoms were actually more a part of a migraine.
12. Some people, when having a migraine, might feel a distorted sense of familiarity or _____________.
13. Unusual __________ occur in about one tenth of patients, according to the descriptions in the book.
(a) Word patterns.
(b) Bowel movements.
14. Many people who are experiencing migraines may seem to become _________ before they begin to show any other signs.
15. What is always present to some degree, even if it varies from one migraine case to another?
Short Answer Questions
1. When ________ happens and it is not followed by a headache, it can be confusing and misinterpreted by the person experiencing it.
2. Sacks points out there are many ___________ toward many diseases and migraines are no exception to this finding.
3. What kinds of headaches might wake up a patient in the middle of the night, according to studies?
4. There are other hallucinations in which _________ may appear to be bigger or smaller than they actually are.
5. A precordial migraine is one in which _________ pain is the only symptom of the migraine attack, according to Sacks.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)