|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The general rule for __________ is that they are present early in life and then they tend to taper off in time.
(b) Motion sickness bouts.
2. The symptoms of a migraine, as described in this chapter, include a feeling of _______ as well as the classic symptoms of migraine which are present in this section.
3. A precordial migraine is one in which _________ pain is the only symptom of the migraine attack, according to Sacks.
4. The __________ of a migraine aura are something that are short lived, unlike those of an actual seizure, according to Sacks.
5. Those who have ________ migraines are often those who are prone to blushing in their everyday lives.
6. Sacks points out there are many ___________ toward many diseases and migraines are no exception to this finding.
7. Most patients, it seems, have an irresistible urge to _________ when they are suffering from a migraine, according to the studies in this book.
(a) Bang their head against the wall.
8. What might alleviate the pain of a migraine in some patients, while this might also make the pain more severe for some patients?
9. Some people will continue on with their lives during a migraine, though they will still contend with __________ at some point.
10. Sacks says that the only way to test the family connection theory of migraines is to see if a child with migraines in his family develops migraines when living with a ____________.
(b) New puppy.
(c) Foster family.
(d) High pressure house.
11. Some patients will describe severe __________ as the main symptom of their migraine attack, leading to a different definition of migraine.
(a) Head pain.
(b) Abdominal pain.
(d) Family troubles.
12. Sacks points out that there is a tendency to _________ migraine sufferers in literature and in descriptions.
13. What may or may not continue as a result of the pain of a migraine increasing or continuing?
14. What is NOT one of the things that are listed in the possible visual sensory hallucinations that one might experience?
(a) Flashing lights.
(b) Geometric figures.
15. Finally, there may be disorders of perception, __________, and memory during the course of aural symptoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might be a secondary factor of a migraine headache, causing even more pain and more tension?
2. Where is the physicist du Bois Reymond from, according to the descriptions in this manuscript?
3. There is a tendency in migraines to have __________ connections, according to the findings of Sacks.
4. Sacks says that _________ may prompt a migraine or might be a part of the unit of the overall event.
5. __________ migraines are always present in those who have cases of severe nausea along with their pain.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)