|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some people ascribe to the idea that a migraine may just be a/an ___________ reaction to the rest of the world.
2. Finally, there may be disorders of perception, __________, and memory during the course of aural symptoms.
3. One case study of a man with headaches points out that he doesn't like to discuss his feelings of __________ as they are related to his migraines.
4. What can be impossible when the pain of a migraine is intense, according to this book?
5. The general rule for __________ is that they are present early in life and then they tend to taper off in time.
(c) Motion sickness bouts.
6. What tends to increase over the course of an experience of a migraine headache?
7. One woman who kept a diary of her life around her migraines found that skipping her ___________ led to the incident of a migraine.
8. Sacks points out there are many ___________ toward many diseases and migraines are no exception to this finding.
9. __________ emotions, exercise, and excitement are also regularly blamed for migraines though Sacks thinks this is only a part of the answer.
10. What might alleviate the pain of a migraine in some patients, while this might also make the pain more severe for some patients?
11. Some migraine patients may also hear noises, such as a low growl or a _________ as a part of their hallucinations.
12. With a migraine, there can be a _________ appearance to the eye, according to the description in this book.
13. One patient believes there are small _________ in the room with him, even when there are not.
14. Sacks points out that some migraines tend to present themselves as a ________, from the earliest signs to the aftereffects.
15. What does Sacks ask migraine patients to do in order to see if they can determine a cause or a condition which might lead to migraines?
(b) Go for a run during a headache.
(c) Video log.
(d) A count of their medication usage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sometimes the feeling of _________ is reported during the experience of a migraine, in some patients.
2. When ________ happens and it is not followed by a headache, it can be confusing and misinterpreted by the person experiencing it.
3. How many areas of aural symptoms does Sacks point out to be the case for most patients?
4. What does the answer to #31 typically precede, according to previous case studies in Sacks' research?
5. One man experienced a ________ sensation in his left foot during the course of a migraine.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)