|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of headaches might wake up a patient in the middle of the night, according to studies?
2. Sacks believes that a single _________ or series of them might actually drive the entire migraine episode.
3. ________ is a Chinese food additive which has been linked to many migraine cases, and in causing migraines throughout one's life.
4. Where is the physicist du Bois Reymond from, according to the descriptions in this manuscript?
5. Sacks says that _________ may prompt a migraine or might be a part of the unit of the overall event.
6. Some people, when having a migraine, might feel a distorted sense of familiarity or _____________.
7. What is found in about one fourth of all patients who have migraine pains and other symptoms?
(c) Nasal stuffiness.
8. Sometimes auras can be so powerful so as to have the appearance of a __________ in some patients.
(b) Heart murmur.
9. Some people will have troubles understanding __________ as a result of an aura which precedes a migraine.
10. The man who always _______ to end his migraine attacks had to find a new way of relieving his pain.
11. Most patients, it seems, have an irresistible urge to _________ when they are suffering from a migraine, according to the studies in this book.
(d) Bang their head against the wall.
12. Finally, there may be disorders of perception, __________, and memory during the course of aural symptoms.
13. Sacks is just not sure if ____________ or genetics are more of a cause for the migraines which seem to take place in families.
14. What is caused by the arterial pulses and pressure on the affected artery can help during a migraine?
(d) Rapid heartbeat.
15. The 53-year-old woman who is studied in this section reports a feeling of ______ right before the onset of her migraine.
(c) Well being.
Short Answer Questions
1. One woman who kept a diary of her life around her migraines found that skipping her ___________ led to the incident of a migraine.
2. One case study of a man with headaches points out that he doesn't like to discuss his feelings of __________ as they are related to his migraines.
3. The ________ who was restricted from normal social activities might be suffering from migraines as a result of depression.
4. Some patients will describe severe __________ as the main symptom of their migraine attack, leading to a different definition of migraine.
5. The ________ is the word traditionally associated with the sensory illusions that a migraine sufferer may experience.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)