|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some hallucinations in migraine patients might give a person a sense of __________ for no apparent reason.
2. One man experienced a ________ sensation in his left foot during the course of a migraine.
3. __________ emotions, exercise, and excitement are also regularly blamed for migraines though Sacks thinks this is only a part of the answer.
4. Some people will continue on with their lives during a migraine, though they will still contend with __________ at some point.
5. The symptoms of a migraine, as described in this chapter, include a feeling of _______ as well as the classic symptoms of migraine which are present in this section.
6. What is caused by the arterial pulses and pressure on the affected artery can help during a migraine?
(a) Rapid heartbeat.
7. Some people will have troubles understanding __________ as a result of an aura which precedes a migraine.
8. What did the man begin to use when he realized that sneezing might be able to relieve his migraine pain?
(a) Baby powder.
9. What does the answer to #31 typically precede, according to previous case studies in Sacks' research?
(b) Heart attacks.
(d) Epileptic seizures.
10. Other researchers think there might be a certain __________ or grace to those who suffer from migraines, according to their work.
11. Some researchers actually believe that migraines make a person __________ to other diseases and to other conditions.
12. A precordial migraine is one in which _________ pain is the only symptom of the migraine attack, according to Sacks.
13. Sometimes auras can be so powerful so as to have the appearance of a __________ in some patients.
(b) Heart murmur.
14. Sacks does point out in this section that many people believe that migraines are _______________ in nature.
15. What kinds of headaches might wake up a patient in the middle of the night, according to studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sacks notes that those who suffer from _________ migraines experience the onset of an attack at fairly regular periods though the times vary from one patient to another.
2. The __________ of a migraine aura are something that are short lived, unlike those of an actual seizure, according to Sacks.
3. Sacks points out that some migraines tend to present themselves as a ________, from the earliest signs to the aftereffects.
4. Poor or unusual _______ conditions have also been blamed for migraines though that might only be a part of the issue.
5. Sacks pointed out that a woman's hair turned __________ on one side, the side where she would have her headaches.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)