|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman then began to feel an irresistible urge to _________, which then served as a warning for her migraines.
(c) Spin around.
2. Most patients, it seems, have an irresistible urge to _________ when they are suffering from a migraine, according to the studies in this book.
(b) Bang their head against the wall.
3. With a migraine, there can be a _________ appearance to the eye, according to the description in this book.
4. The ________ is the word traditionally associated with the sensory illusions that a migraine sufferer may experience.
5. What kinds of headaches might wake up a patient in the middle of the night, according to studies?
6. Where is the physicist du Bois Reymond from, according to the descriptions in this manuscript?
7. The man with an extreme aura seems to think he is in _________ when he is actually in New York.
8. How many areas of aural symptoms does Sacks point out to be the case for most patients?
9. Parts of one's _________ might also begin to feel larger or smaller because of an aura, according to Sacks.
10. The symptoms of a migraine, as described in this chapter, include a feeling of _______ as well as the classic symptoms of migraine which are present in this section.
11. The man who always _______ to end his migraine attacks had to find a new way of relieving his pain.
12. The combination of _________ in the case of the woman with the impotent husband and the delinquent child might cause her headaches.
(c) Sharing living space.
13. Severe _________ may also be the only symptom of a migraine, but it may also exist as an isolated symptom.
14. The woman that the man thought he was talking to was _______, while it was actually his secretary.
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His boss.
15. Sacks does point out in this section that many people believe that migraines are _______________ in nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sacks has found the the cause of some monthly migraines for women might be the result of a new ____________ regimen.
2. Some doctors and researchers are concerned about the possibility of _______ as a result of migraines.
3. There are other hallucinations in which _________ may appear to be bigger or smaller than they actually are.
4. The general rule for __________ is that they are present early in life and then they tend to taper off in time.
5. ________ is a Chinese food additive which has been linked to many migraine cases, and in causing migraines throughout one's life.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)