|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks has found the the cause of some monthly migraines for women might be the result of a new ____________ regimen.
(b) Hormone treatment.
2. What do many patients notice about the pain they might feel when they are experiencing a migraine?
(a) It's dull.
(b) It doesn't go away.
(c) It's always on one side.
(d) It's spotty.
3. In the ________ migraine, there are certain situations that might be present - light, sound, activities, smells, drugs, etc.
4. Poor or unusual _______ conditions have also been blamed for migraines though that might only be a part of the issue.
5. Many people who are experiencing migraines may seem to become _________ before they begin to show any other signs.
6. Sacks says that _________ may prompt a migraine or might be a part of the unit of the overall event.
7. But on the other hand, some feel that those who suffer from migraines might be ____________ to suffer from allergies and motion sickness.
(a) Just as likely.
(b) More likely.
(c) Less likely.
8. There are some patients that obviously suffer from periodical or causal attacks but that the larger group will defy easy _____________.
9. ________ is a Chinese food additive which has been linked to many migraine cases, and in causing migraines throughout one's life.
10. The central symptoms of a migraine are described as disorders of ________ in this book.
11. There are other hallucinations in which _________ may appear to be bigger or smaller than they actually are.
12. One case study of a man with headaches points out that he doesn't like to discuss his feelings of __________ as they are related to his migraines.
13. One woman was described as being ____________, though her symptoms were actually more a part of a migraine.
14. ________ often has a derogatory connotation and may require additional discussion among researchers.
15. What does the answer to #31 typically precede, according to previous case studies in Sacks' research?
(c) Heart attacks.
(d) Epileptic seizures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man begin to use when he realized that sneezing might be able to relieve his migraine pain?
2. Sacks does think there may be a link between having ________ and cyclical vomiting as a child and migraines.
3. Some researchers actually believe that migraines make a person __________ to other diseases and to other conditions.
4. With a migraine, there can be a _________ appearance to the eye, according to the description in this book.
5. Sacks believes that a single _________ or series of them might actually drive the entire migraine episode.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)