Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that are listed in the possible visual sensory hallucinations that one might experience?
(a) Geometric figures.
(c) Flashing lights.
2. What happens to Reymond every three to four weeks, according to the notes of Sacks in the beginning of this book?
(a) A new study.
(b) A new pill.
(d) New patients.
3. But on the other hand, some feel that those who suffer from migraines might be ____________ to suffer from allergies and motion sickness.
(a) More likely.
(c) Less likely.
(d) Just as likely.
4. Most patients, it seems, have an irresistible urge to _________ when they are suffering from a migraine, according to the studies in this book.
(d) Bang their head against the wall.
5. The ________ who was restricted from normal social activities might be suffering from migraines as a result of depression.
6. Sometimes auras can be so powerful so as to have the appearance of a __________ in some patients.
(b) Heart murmur.
7. Sensory _________ is one of the categories of aural symptoms that the patient may experience.
8. What kinds of headaches might wake up a patient in the middle of the night, according to studies?
9. Sacks points out that some migraines tend to present themselves as a ________, from the earliest signs to the aftereffects.
10. Sacks has found the the cause of some monthly migraines for women might be the result of a new ____________ regimen.
(a) Hormone treatment.
11. Unusual __________ occur in about one tenth of patients, according to the descriptions in the book.
(b) Word patterns.
(c) Bowel movements.
12. Some people, when having a migraine, might feel a distorted sense of familiarity or _____________.
13. Sometimes, there might be sections of vision during a migraine which are ___________.
(c) Filled with colors.
14. One case study of a man with headaches points out that he doesn't like to discuss his feelings of __________ as they are related to his migraines.
15. Sacks says that _________ may prompt a migraine or might be a part of the unit of the overall event.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the answer to #31 typically precede, according to previous case studies in Sacks' research?
2. Those who have ________ migraines are often those who are prone to blushing in their everyday lives.
3. The general rule for __________ is that they are present early in life and then they tend to taper off in time.
4. Some people will have troubles understanding __________ as a result of an aura which precedes a migraine.
5. Other researchers think there might be a certain __________ or grace to those who suffer from migraines, according to their work.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)