|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The __________ of a migraine aura are something that are short lived, unlike those of an actual seizure, according to Sacks.
2. Sacks believes that a single _________ or series of them might actually drive the entire migraine episode.
3. Those who have ________ migraines are often those who are prone to blushing in their everyday lives.
4. Sometimes, there might be sections of vision during a migraine which are ___________.
(c) Filled with colors.
5. The man who always _______ to end his migraine attacks had to find a new way of relieving his pain.
6. The symptoms of a migraine, as described in this chapter, include a feeling of _______ as well as the classic symptoms of migraine which are present in this section.
7. One woman who kept a diary of her life around her migraines found that skipping her ___________ led to the incident of a migraine.
8. There are other hallucinations in which _________ may appear to be bigger or smaller than they actually are.
9. Sacks says that the only way to test the family connection theory of migraines is to see if a child with migraines in his family develops migraines when living with a ____________.
(a) Foster family.
(c) High pressure house.
(d) New puppy.
10. There is a tendency in migraines to have __________ connections, according to the findings of Sacks.
11. Some researchers actually believe that migraines make a person __________ to other diseases and to other conditions.
12. What is NOT one of the things that are listed in the possible visual sensory hallucinations that one might experience?
(b) Geometric figures.
(d) Flashing lights.
13. One woman was described as being ____________, though her symptoms were actually more a part of a migraine.
14. Sacks says that _________ may prompt a migraine or might be a part of the unit of the overall event.
15. What is found in about one fourth of all patients who have migraine pains and other symptoms?
(c) Nasal stuffiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some doctors and researchers are concerned about the possibility of _______ as a result of migraines.
2. The ________ is the word traditionally associated with the sensory illusions that a migraine sufferer may experience.
3. Sacks is just not sure if ____________ or genetics are more of a cause for the migraines which seem to take place in families.
4. Changes in the sensory __________ are another possible part of the aural symptoms, according to Sacks.
5. A precordial migraine is one in which _________ pain is the only symptom of the migraine attack, according to Sacks.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)