|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ________ who was restricted from normal social activities might be suffering from migraines as a result of depression.
2. One man experienced a ________ sensation in his left foot during the course of a migraine.
3. Sacks says that _________ may prompt a migraine or might be a part of the unit of the overall event.
4. Most patients, it seems, have an irresistible urge to _________ when they are suffering from a migraine, according to the studies in this book.
(d) Bang their head against the wall.
5. Sometimes the feeling of _________ is reported during the experience of a migraine, in some patients.
6. One case study of a man with headaches points out that he doesn't like to discuss his feelings of __________ as they are related to his migraines.
7. What do many patients notice about the pain they might feel when they are experiencing a migraine?
(a) It's always on one side.
(b) It's dull.
(c) It's spotty.
(d) It doesn't go away.
8. Changes in the sensory __________ are another possible part of the aural symptoms, according to Sacks.
9. Sacks says that the only way to test the family connection theory of migraines is to see if a child with migraines in his family develops migraines when living with a ____________.
(a) Foster family.
(c) High pressure house.
(d) New puppy.
10. What did the man begin to use when he realized that sneezing might be able to relieve his migraine pain?
(d) Baby powder.
11. Some migraine patients may also hear noises, such as a low growl or a _________ as a part of their hallucinations.
12. How many areas of aural symptoms does Sacks point out to be the case for most patients?
13. The symptoms of a migraine, as described in this chapter, include a feeling of _______ as well as the classic symptoms of migraine which are present in this section.
14. But on the other hand, some feel that those who suffer from migraines might be ____________ to suffer from allergies and motion sickness.
(a) More likely.
(b) Just as likely.
(c) Less likely.
15. One woman was described as being ____________, though her symptoms were actually more a part of a migraine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sacks points out there are many ___________ toward many diseases and migraines are no exception to this finding.
2. Sometimes auras can be so powerful so as to have the appearance of a __________ in some patients.
3. One woman who kept a diary of her life around her migraines found that skipping her ___________ led to the incident of a migraine.
4. What is found in about one fourth of all patients who have migraine pains and other symptoms?
5. What does Sacks ask migraine patients to do in order to see if they can determine a cause or a condition which might lead to migraines?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)