|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks has found the the cause of some monthly migraines for women might be the result of a new ____________ regimen.
(d) Hormone treatment.
2. Some people ascribe to the idea that a migraine may just be a/an ___________ reaction to the rest of the world.
3. One woman who kept a diary of her life around her migraines found that skipping her ___________ led to the incident of a migraine.
4. Sacks says that _________ may prompt a migraine or might be a part of the unit of the overall event.
5. What might alleviate the pain of a migraine in some patients, while this might also make the pain more severe for some patients?
6. What may or may not continue as a result of the pain of a migraine increasing or continuing?
7. Sacks points out that there is a tendency to _________ migraine sufferers in literature and in descriptions.
8. One woman was described as being ____________, though her symptoms were actually more a part of a migraine.
9. There may also be changes in ________ as a result of an aura, according to Sacks in this section of the book.
10. __________ emotions, exercise, and excitement are also regularly blamed for migraines though Sacks thinks this is only a part of the answer.
11. Parts of one's _________ might also begin to feel larger or smaller because of an aura, according to Sacks.
12. Sacks points out that some migraines tend to present themselves as a ________, from the earliest signs to the aftereffects.
13. There may also be changes in the levels of __________ which can be present in the aural symptom experience.
14. Sacks is just not sure if ____________ or genetics are more of a cause for the migraines which seem to take place in families.
15. One patient believes there are small _________ in the room with him, even when there are not.
Short Answer Questions
1. One man experienced a ________ sensation in his left foot during the course of a migraine.
2. Most patients, it seems, have an irresistible urge to _________ when they are suffering from a migraine, according to the studies in this book.
3. Sacks says there is no way to predict every stage of a migraine as the migraine is, by definition, __________ in nature.
4. Unusual __________ occur in about one tenth of patients, according to the descriptions in the book.
5. What kinds of headaches might wake up a patient in the middle of the night, according to studies?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)