|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Reymond every three to four weeks, according to the notes of Sacks in the beginning of this book?
(a) New patients.
(b) A new study.
(d) A new pill.
2. Changes in the sensory __________ are another possible part of the aural symptoms, according to Sacks.
3. Parts of one's _________ might also begin to feel larger or smaller because of an aura, according to Sacks.
4. The ________ who was restricted from normal social activities might be suffering from migraines as a result of depression.
5. The woman then began to feel an irresistible urge to _________, which then served as a warning for her migraines.
(a) Spin around.
6. Sacks pointed out that a woman's hair turned __________ on one side, the side where she would have her headaches.
7. With a migraine, there can be a _________ appearance to the eye, according to the description in this book.
8. The symptoms of a migraine, as described in this chapter, include a feeling of _______ as well as the classic symptoms of migraine which are present in this section.
9. The 53-year-old woman who is studied in this section reports a feeling of ______ right before the onset of her migraine.
(d) Well being.
10. What may or may not continue as a result of the pain of a migraine increasing or continuing?
11. Sacks is just not sure if ____________ or genetics are more of a cause for the migraines which seem to take place in families.
12. Sometimes auras can be so powerful so as to have the appearance of a __________ in some patients.
(b) Heart murmur.
13. There may also be changes in the levels of __________ which can be present in the aural symptom experience.
14. Those who have ________ migraines are often those who are prone to blushing in their everyday lives.
15. The combination of _________ in the case of the woman with the impotent husband and the delinquent child might cause her headaches.
(d) Sharing living space.
Short Answer Questions
1. A precordial migraine is one in which _________ pain is the only symptom of the migraine attack, according to Sacks.
2. Finally, there may be disorders of perception, __________, and memory during the course of aural symptoms.
3. The man with an extreme aura seems to think he is in _________ when he is actually in New York.
4. What do many patients notice about the pain they might feel when they are experiencing a migraine?
5. What is always present to some degree, even if it varies from one migraine case to another?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)