|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks says that the only way to test the family connection theory of migraines is to see if a child with migraines in his family develops migraines when living with a ____________.
(a) High pressure house.
(b) New puppy.
(c) Foster family.
2. Sacks does point out in this section that many people believe that migraines are _______________ in nature.
3. _________ also seems to be related to migraines, though it is thought to not be causally related, according to most researchers.
(a) Weight gain.
(b) Heart attacks.
(c) Genetic disturbances.
4. What might be a secondary factor of a migraine headache, causing even more pain and more tension?
(b) Family life.
(d) Tension headache.
5. The symptoms of a migraine, as described in this chapter, include a feeling of _______ as well as the classic symptoms of migraine which are present in this section.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some researchers actually believe that migraines make a person __________ to other diseases and to other conditions.
2. __________ migraines are always present in those who have cases of severe nausea along with their pain.
3. Sacks points out there are many ___________ toward many diseases and migraines are no exception to this finding.
4. What do many patients notice about the pain they might feel when they are experiencing a migraine?
5. There are a number of problems that are created by the myriad of _________ that a migraine might cause, according to Sacks.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)