|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks is just not sure if ____________ or genetics are more of a cause for the migraines which seem to take place in families.
2. ________ often has a derogatory connotation and may require additional discussion among researchers.
3. Some hallucinations in migraine patients might give a person a sense of __________ for no apparent reason.
4. Sacks describes the ________ and the passive reactions to situations in the animal world as a part of his discussion.
5. Sacks does think there may be a link between having ________ and cyclical vomiting as a child and migraines.
(a) Motion sickness.
(b) Foster parents.
(d) Processed foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. The need for the __________ mentality is more evident in the animal world because of the need for biological survival.
2. Migraines and seizures are linked on both a _________ and genetic basis, according to Sacks in this book.
3. There is a tendency in migraines to have __________ connections, according to the findings of Sacks.
4. What is caused by the arterial pulses and pressure on the affected artery can help during a migraine?
5. Studies fail to prove indications of a relationship between __________ causes and migraines, so Sacks does not believe this to be a valid cause.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)