|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks says that the only way to test the family connection theory of migraines is to see if a child with migraines in his family develops migraines when living with a ____________.
(a) New puppy.
(c) High pressure house.
(d) Foster family.
2. There is substantial evidence that there may be a _______________ between migraines and those who suffer from epileptic seizures.
(a) Direction casual relationship.
(b) True understanding.
(d) Lost link.
3. __________ migraines are always present in those who have cases of severe nausea along with their pain.
4. Sacks uses the analogy of ________ to try to explain what he means by the way that migraines are never typical.
5. The man with an extreme aura seems to think he is in _________ when he is actually in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some researchers actually believe that migraines make a person __________ to other diseases and to other conditions.
2. One case study of a man with headaches points out that he doesn't like to discuss his feelings of __________ as they are related to his migraines.
3. What is NOT one of the things that are listed in the possible visual sensory hallucinations that one might experience?
4. There may also be changes in the levels of __________ which can be present in the aural symptom experience.
5. Migraines and seizures are linked on both a _________ and genetic basis, according to Sacks in this book.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)