|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters One and Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks says there is no way to predict every stage of a migraine as the migraine is, by definition, __________ in nature.
2. What is always present to some degree, even if it varies from one migraine case to another?
3. The symptoms of a migraine, as described in this chapter, include a feeling of _______ as well as the classic symptoms of migraine which are present in this section.
4. What did the man begin to use when he realized that sneezing might be able to relieve his migraine pain?
(c) Baby powder.
5. Most patients, it seems, have an irresistible urge to _________ when they are suffering from a migraine, according to the studies in this book.
(c) Bang their head against the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is usually violent and often relegated to just one side of the head when it is present?
2. Some patients will describe severe __________ as the main symptom of their migraine attack, leading to a different definition of migraine.
3. Those who have ________ migraines are often those who are prone to blushing in their everyday lives.
4. What can be impossible when the pain of a migraine is intense, according to this book?
5. Unusual __________ occur in about one tenth of patients, according to the descriptions in the book.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)