|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fourteen through Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is substantial evidence that there may be a _______________ between migraines and those who suffer from epileptic seizures.
(a) True understanding.
(b) Direction casual relationship.
(c) Lost link.
2. Some patients will describe severe __________ as the main symptom of their migraine attack, leading to a different definition of migraine.
(b) Abdominal pain.
(c) Head pain.
(d) Family troubles.
3. Into how many categories does Sacks divide the drugs that are available for the treatment of migraines?
4. What does Sacks ask migraine patients to do in order to see if they can determine a cause or a condition which might lead to migraines?
(b) Go for a run during a headache.
(c) Video log.
(d) A count of their medication usage.
5. It might be necessary to adjust one's ________ in order to reduce the effects of flickering lights in one's environment.
(d) Light bulbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. The central symptoms of a migraine are described as disorders of ________ in this book.
2. One of the categories of drugs is aimed at the __________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
3. There are _____ and transitional attacks of migraines which can make it difficult for a doctor or researcher to decide on a diagnosis of migraine.
4. Migraines and seizures are linked on both a _________ and genetic basis, according to Sacks in this book.
5. What is found in about one fourth of all patients who have migraine pains and other symptoms?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)