|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fourteen through Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Migraines and seizures are linked on both a _________ and genetic basis, according to Sacks in this book.
2. Another category of drugs is aimed at the ___________ of the migraine, according to Sacks.
3. Sacks also suggests that __________ not be overlooked as a possible treatment for the pain of migraines.
4. _________ also seems to be related to migraines, though it is thought to not be causally related, according to most researchers.
(a) Heart attacks.
(b) Genetic disturbances.
(d) Weight gain.
5. Sometimes the feeling of _________ is reported during the experience of a migraine, in some patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________ is the word traditionally associated with the sensory illusions that a migraine sufferer may experience.
2. What do many patients notice about the pain they might feel when they are experiencing a migraine?
3. Sacks proposes that a person who seems to be _______ may also be trying to be self destructive to their body and minds.
4. Some doctors and researchers are concerned about the possibility of _______ as a result of migraines.
5. There may also be changes in the levels of __________ which can be present in the aural symptom experience.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)