|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks pointed out that a woman's hair turned __________ on one side, the side where she would have her headaches.
2. The fight or flight response is still present in _________, even if it seems to be less overt in the daily behaviors.
3. Sometimes the feeling of _________ is reported during the experience of a migraine, in some patients.
4. One man experienced a ________ sensation in his left foot during the course of a migraine.
5. Sacks says that the only way to test the family connection theory of migraines is to see if a child with migraines in his family develops migraines when living with a ____________.
(a) New puppy.
(b) High pressure house.
(c) Foster family.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ of a person who is suffering from a migraine becomes an important part of the study of migraines, according to Sacks.
2. A precordial migraine is one in which _________ pain is the only symptom of the migraine attack, according to Sacks.
3. The need for the __________ mentality is more evident in the animal world because of the need for biological survival.
4. What is NOT one of the things that are listed in the possible visual sensory hallucinations that one might experience?
5. There are some patients that obviously suffer from periodical or causal attacks but that the larger group will defy easy _____________.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)