Objective: In the beginning, Sacks wants to try to describe what a 'typical' migraine is and what people who don't experience them would need to know. Today's objective is to discuss the idea of what is typical and whether this is reasonable to link to a condition.
1. Have each student define the idea of something being typical.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they have ever experienced a migraine before.
3. As a class, have the students discuss whether they think there is every a typical case of anything, including migraines. Why is it difficult to describe something as typical? What might happen if something is described as typical, but it does not turn out to be?
4. Homework: Have each student decide whether they think a migraine would be a typical event for them.
5. Homework: Have students write about a time when they felt they had typical...
This section contains 5,472 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)