|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Tanner's opening remarks end?
(a) Late in the evening.
(b) Shortly before dinner.
(d) Just before lunch.
2. As Sibyl's student, what did Anne believe about home births?
(a) A doctor should be present.
(b) There should be as little interference as possible.
(c) Interference is usually necessary.
(d) Patients should be given painkillers.
3. What did the medical examiner say he believed happened during Charlotte's labor?
(a) She simply fainted.
(b) She had a heart attack.
(c) She had a stroke.
(d) She vagaled.
4. What did Hastings say about home births in his opening statement?
(a) Everyone should give birth at home.
(b) They are dangerous.
(c) They should require a doctor's supervision.
(d) They are natural.
5. What month did Sibyl's trial begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the coroner testify that Sibyl had done?
2. What did Anne object to Sibyl doing for Charlotte?
3. What alternative possibility did Hastings offer Sibyl in Chapter 12?
4. What word caught Connie's eye when she was in a conference room at Hastings' place of business?
5. What did Connie initially think the investigator Hastings hired was?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the medical examiner's testimony particularly harmful to Sibyl's defense?
2. Why did Sibyl and Rand allow Connie to attend the trial?
3. Why did many of Sibyl's clients attend the trial with their infants?
4. Why was Hastings' cross-examination of the midwife turned Ob-Gyn important?
5. Why did Sibyl sew up Charlotte's abdomen after the baby was delivered?
6. Why did Tanner say that Sibyl should have called an ambulance toward the beginning of the delivery?
7. Why was Hastings' winning of a motion to review Charlotte's medical records important?
8. Why did Tanner depict Charlotte as a frail woman?
9. What was Connie's reaction to seeing the word "vagal" written on a conference room board at Hastings' place of business?
10. Why did Connie continue to read other entries in Sibyl's journal after reading the one she found the notebook opened to?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)