|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of jury did Hastings want?
(a) One filled with fathers.
(b) One filled with pregnant women.
(c) One filled with understanding older women.
(d) One filled with young, childless women.
2. What charge was brought against Sibyl?
(a) Second-degree murder.
(b) Pre-meditated murder.
(d) First-degree murder.
3. Who reviewed Charlotte's medical records with Hastings?
4. How does the Danforth family react to the release of the autopsy report?
(a) They were thrilled.
(b) They considered running away.
(c) Their hopes dropped.
(d) They became more confident.
5. How did Connie enter the house on the night she came home late in Chapter 17?
(a) The front door.
(b) Through her bedroom window.
(c) Through the window of her mother's office.
(d) The back door.
6. Who joined Connie for lunch on the opening day of the trial?
(a) Her best friend.
7. What did the autopsy report reveal was the cause of Charlotte's death?
(a) Hemorrhagic shock due to a C-section.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Blood clot.
8. What month did Sibyl's trial begin?
9. What is the name of the investigator Stephen Hastings hired?
(a) Asa Bedford.
(b) Patty Dunlevy.
(c) Bill Tanner.
(d) Tom Corts.
10. What did Connie see when she dropped off Charlotte's medical records at Hastings' office?
(a) Hastings and Sibyl kissing.
(b) Hastings joking with the prosecutor.
(c) Notes about Sibyl's trial.
(d) A bill for his legal services.
11. What did Anne do at the end of her testimony?
(a) Refused to answer any more questions.
(b) Stated Sibyl did not kill Charlotte.
(c) Became very calm.
(d) Accused Sibyl of murder.
12. What did the jury do during Anne's testimony that made Connie uneasy?
(a) Stop looking at Sibyl.
(b) Take notes.
(c) Steal uncomfortable glances at Sibyl.
(d) Stare at Connie.
13. What does Connie think of the investigator Hastings hired?
(a) She was suspicious.
(b) She was irritating and dull.
(c) She was sweet, but not very bright.
(d) She was wild and exciting.
14. What was the group on the courthouse steps doing when the Danforths arrived?
(b) Taking pictures.
(c) Supporting Charlotte's family.
(d) Waiting to interview Sibyl.
15. What did Anne's testimony cause the jury to do?
(a) See Charlotte as a real person.
(b) Weep openly.
(c) Dismiss the case.
(d) Forget that Charlotte had a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anne object to Sibyl doing for Charlotte?
2. What did the medical examiner say he found in Charlotte's abdomen?
3. What word caught Connie's eye when she was in a conference room at Hastings' place of business?
4. As Sibyl's student, what did Anne believe about home births?
5. What did Connie see on her mother's desk after returning home late one night?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)