|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hastings say, in his opening remarks, Sibyl was able to do on the day of Charlotte's death?
(a) Sew perfect sutures.
(b) Comfort Charlotte's grieving family.
(c) Make home births against the law.
(d) Save Charlotte's infant son.
2. What did the midwife turned Ob-Gyn say Sibyl had successfully treated for Charlotte during her pregnancy?
(b) Morning sickness.
(c) High blood pressure.
(d) Low blood sugar.
3. What did Connie see when she dropped off Charlotte's medical records at Hastings' office?
(a) A bill for his legal services.
(b) Hastings and Sibyl kissing.
(c) Notes about Sibyl's trial.
(d) Hastings joking with the prosecutor.
4. What condition(s) had Charlotte neglected to mention to Sibyl?
(a) Heart murmur.
(b) High blood pressure and anemia.
(c) Irregular heartbeat and high blood pressure.
(d) Mental illness.
5. What was Sibyl instructed not to do as part of her bail agreement?
(a) Leave her home.
(b) Talk to her family about the case.
(c) Speak with Asa Bedford.
(d) Practice midwifery.
6. What did Tanner say Sibyl should have known because she was a lifelong resident of Vermont?
(a) That home births are dangerous.
(b) The phone number for the hospital.
(c) That she would be accused of murder.
(d) A storm was coming.
7. What did the medical examiner say he believed happened during Charlotte's labor?
(a) She vagaled.
(b) She simply fainted.
(c) She had a stroke.
(d) She had a heart attack.
8. During his opening remarks, what did Hastings use to compare home births to hospital births.
(a) Hospital statistics and Sibyl's statistics.
(b) Charlotte's medical records.
(c) Only the hospital statistics.
(d) Newspaper articles.
9. What reason did Stephen give for Asa's inability to see an arch of blood?
(a) Sibyl made him leave the room.
(b) Anne blocked his view.
(c) He was across the room by the windows.
(d) His eyesight was too poor.
10. What kind of student was Anne Austin described as?
(b) Good, but timid.
(d) Quiet and withdrawn.
11. Who testified that her personal belief was that home births are dangerous?
(a) The state trooper.
(c) Charlotte's mother.
(d) A nurse-midwife.
12. What charge was brought against Sibyl?
(a) Second-degree murder.
(b) First-degree murder.
(c) Pre-meditated murder.
13. What did the autopsy report reveal was the cause of Charlotte's death?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Hemorrhagic shock due to a C-section.
(c) Blood clot.
14. What did the medical examiner say was Charlotte's cause of death?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A stroke.
(d) The C-section.
15. What date was referenced in Sibyl's notebook that caused Connie to read further?
(a) August 23.
(b) Connie's birthday.
(c) The day Sibyl met Hastings.
(d) March 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the state call as their first witness?
2. What did the male past-patient that Tanner put on the stand say in his testimony?
3. What was the name given to the baby Sibyl delivered from Charlotte's womb?
4. What did the coroner testify that Sibyl had done?
5. Who opposed Sibyl and Rand's decision regarding Connie in Chapter 14?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)