|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Connie think of the investigator Hastings hired?
(a) She was irritating and dull.
(b) She was sweet, but not very bright.
(c) She was wild and exciting.
(d) She was suspicious.
2. What did the medical examiner say he believed happened during Charlotte's labor?
(a) She simply fainted.
(b) She vagaled.
(c) She had a heart attack.
(d) She had a stroke.
3. What did Hastings say about home births in his opening statement?
(a) They are dangerous.
(b) They are natural.
(c) Everyone should give birth at home.
(d) They should require a doctor's supervision.
4. What did the midwife turned Ob-Gyn say Sibyl had successfully treated for Charlotte during her pregnancy?
(a) High blood pressure.
(c) Morning sickness.
(d) Low blood sugar.
5. Which entries in Sibyl's notebook did Connie read?
(a) All those from Charlotte's death forward.
(b) Only the last three entries.
(c) Only the date on which Charlotte died.
(d) All those from Charlotte's death back.
6. What did Connie discover her father was doing before the trial began?
(a) Spending a lot of time with Hastings.
(c) Working too much.
(d) Reviewing legal precedent.
7. In Chapter 12, how many years in prison does Connie say Sibyl could have been sentenced to?
8. What did Hastings say, in his opening remarks, Sibyl was able to do on the day of Charlotte's death?
(a) Save Charlotte's infant son.
(b) Make home births against the law.
(c) Comfort Charlotte's grieving family.
(d) Sew perfect sutures.
9. What happened during the first few days in court?
(a) The two sides searched for a jury.
(b) Sibyl was quickly convicted.
(c) Connie was told she could not attend.
(d) Sibyl was repeatedly questioned.
10. What charge was brought against Sibyl?
(a) Pre-meditated murder.
(b) Second-degree murder.
(c) First-degree murder.
11. What did the state trooper say he saw in the Bedford's sink?
(a) A great deal of blood.
(b) A bloody pillow.
(d) The knife Sibyl used for the C-section.
12. What did the medical examiner say he found in Charlotte's abdomen?
(a) A well-sutured uterus.
(b) A lot of blood.
(c) A tumor.
(d) Another baby.
13. What kind of student was Anne Austin described as?
(b) Quiet and withdrawn.
(c) Good, but timid.
14. How does the Danforth family react to the release of the autopsy report?
(a) Their hopes dropped.
(b) They were thrilled.
(c) They became more confident.
(d) They considered running away.
15. What condition(s) had Charlotte neglected to mention to Sibyl?
(a) Heart murmur.
(b) Mental illness.
(c) High blood pressure and anemia.
(d) Irregular heartbeat and high blood pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hastings gain access to Charlotte's medical records?
2. Where was the arch of blood supposed to have been coming from?
3. What did the autopsy report reveal was the cause of Charlotte's death?
4. What date was referenced in Sibyl's notebook that caused Connie to read further?
5. What did Sibyl try to do after delivering Charlotte's baby?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)