|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is it when Charlotte first asks Connie about Sibyl's profession?
(a) Connie's birthday.
(c) Fourth of July.
(d) Memorial Day.
2. Why did Sibyl quit college?
(a) She didn't know what she wanted to do for a profession.
(b) She hated school.
(c) She had an argument with a professor.
(d) To be with a man.
3. After going out to warm up her car, what did Sibyl discover when she returned to Charlotte's room?
(a) Charlotte died while she was out.
(b) Charlotte had stopped bleeding.
(c) The baby died.
(d) Charlotte had passed out.
4. When did Sibyl have her first experience with childbirth?
(a) Shortly before discovering she was pregnant with Connie.
(b) When she was just a child.
(c) During college.
(d) After learning she was pregnant with Connie.
5. Where did Connie first hear about Charlotte's death?
(b) Bedford house.
6. What season was it when Sibyl was charged with Charlotte's death?
7. How old was Connie when she first saw a baby born?
(d) 7 or 8.
8. Where did Connie hope to find Tom on the day her mother told her to make her own dinner because she'd be with a client?
(a) The baseball field.
(b) The pool.
(c) The stables.
(d) His house.
9. What was Sibyl preparing to do when she was informed about Charlotte's labor?
(a) Take Connie dress shopping.
(b) Go grocery shopping.
(c) Get an oil change for her car.
(d) Take a nap.
10. Who first took Connie to the Bedford home?
(c) A friend's mother.
11. Why did Connie become hysterical when the jury returned to the courtroom?
(a) They were laughing.
(b) They glared at her mother.
(c) They wouldn't look at her mother.
(d) Some of them were crying.
12. Who did Rand often spend long afternoons alone with when Sibyl was with clients?
(a) His mistress.
13. What movement did Sibyl become involved in after quitting college?
(a) The hippie movement.
(b) The feminist movement.
(c) The Black Panther movement.
(d) Green Peace.
14. What did the men at the party do when Sibyl's friend went into labor?
(a) Rushed the woman to the hospital.
(b) Stayed to watch.
(c) Went to the bar down the street.
(d) Walked to the nearest phone.
15. What were the people at the party that Sibyl attended doing when her friend went into labor?
(a) Smoking pot.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Reading poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the friend with whom Connie goes to the Bedfords' home?
2. How did Connie feel about her mother's chances after first meeting Stephen?
3. What is Connie's profession?
4. What day of the week did Charlotte go into labor?
5. What was the weather like during Charlotte's labor?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)