|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint did Rand have about Sibyl's job?
(a) She didn't make enough money.
(b) Rand thought she should be a real doctor.
(c) She was away from home a lot.
(d) She made more money than Rand.
2. What did the men at the party do when Sibyl's friend went into labor?
(a) Rushed the woman to the hospital.
(b) Stayed to watch.
(c) Walked to the nearest phone.
(d) Went to the bar down the street.
3. How did Connie feel when she couldn't find Tom in his usual spot?
4. The year that Charlotte's family arrived, who did Connie constantly hope to catch a look at?
5. Who was waiting for Connie when she came home from school on the day after Charlotte's death?
6. Who did Rand often spend long afternoons alone with when Sibyl was with clients?
(a) His mistress.
7. Where did Connie hope to find Tom on the day her mother told her to make her own dinner because she'd be with a client?
(a) The stables.
(b) The pool.
(c) The baseball field.
(d) His house.
8. What did Sibyl do to the item she gave the police officer who visited their home?
(a) Threw it at the officer.
(b) Crumpled it.
(c) Signed it.
(d) Refused to sign it.
9. In Chapter 7, what was Connie doing when a police officer arrived at their house?
(d) Making dinner.
10. What was the weather like during Charlotte's labor?
(a) There was an ice storm.
(b) It was warm and sunny.
(c) There was a torrential rain storm.
(d) There was a tornado.
11. What did Rand think they should do when the police officer visited in Chapter 7?
(a) Wait for an attorney.
(b) Refuse to allow the officer in.
(c) Give a statement.
(d) Call Asa Bedford.
12. What were the people at the party that Sibyl attended doing when her friend went into labor?
(a) Reading poetry.
(b) Smoking pot.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
13. What did Tom think Sibyl and Rand were smart to do?
(a) Sign a statement.
(b) Look for a lawyer.
(c) Refuse to speak with reporters.
(d) Not tell Connie about the case.
14. How did Sibyl feel about her attorney's assessment of Charlotte's death?
(a) She was ambivalent.
(b) She did not agree.
(c) She agreed wholeheartedly.
(d) It made her angry.
15. When did Sibyl have her first experience with childbirth?
(a) After learning she was pregnant with Connie.
(b) When she was just a child.
(c) Shortly before discovering she was pregnant with Connie.
(d) During college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sibyl discover when she tried to make a call to the hospital during Charlotte's labor?
2. What did Connie's parents do the Saturday morning after Charlotte's death?
3. Where did Connie first hear about Charlotte's death?
4. What is Connie's profession?
5. What did Connie remember was odd about the words she used as a young child?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)