|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day did Sibyl expect to deliver Charlotte's baby?
(a) Shortly after dinnertime.
(b) Around midnight.
(c) Early in the morning.
(d) Around noon.
2. What day of the week did Charlotte go into labor?
3. What alarmed Sibyl when Charlotte began pushing?
(a) Charlotte passed out.
(b) Charlotte vomited.
(c) Charlotte began bleeding profusely.
(d) Charlotte became delirious.
4. After going out to warm up her car, what did Sibyl discover when she returned to Charlotte's room?
(a) Charlotte died while she was out.
(b) Charlotte had passed out.
(c) Charlotte had stopped bleeding.
(d) The baby died.
5. What were the people at the party that Sibyl attended doing when her friend went into labor?
(a) Reading poetry.
(b) Smoking pot.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
6. How old was Connie when she first saw a baby born?
(a) 7 or 8.
7. How old was Connie the year her mother was charged with the death of a client?
8. What movement did Sibyl become involved in after quitting college?
(a) The feminist movement.
(b) The hippie movement.
(c) The Black Panther movement.
(d) Green Peace.
9. What did Connie see Stephen doing with the prosecutor and judge during Sibyl's trial?
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Exchanging money.
10. Who did Stephen bring to the Danforth home on the Monday after Charlotte's death?
(b) A doctor.
(d) A photographer.
11. What did Sibyl discover when she tried to make a call to the hospital during Charlotte's labor?
(a) Charlotte could not pay for a hospital delivery.
(b) The hospital was closed.
(c) The hospital would not accept Sibyl's patients.
(d) The phone was dead.
12. After the party, what was Sibyl doing when the ambulance arrived?
(a) Helping the woman breathe.
(b) Sobbing hysterically.
(c) Catching the baby.
13. What often seemed to fuel the arguments between Rand and Sibyl?
(a) Sibyl's friends.
14. What time of the day did Charlotte go into labor?
15. When did Sibyl have her first experience with childbirth?
(a) During college.
(b) After learning she was pregnant with Connie.
(c) When she was just a child.
(d) Shortly before discovering she was pregnant with Connie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Bedfords' son?
2. What was Charlotte's last name?
3. What was Sibyl preparing to do when she was informed about Charlotte's labor?
4. How long did Sibyl attend college before quitting?
5. Where did Connie hope to find Tom on the day her mother told her to make her own dinner because she'd be with a client?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)