|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The year that Charlotte's family arrived, who did Connie constantly hope to catch a look at?
2. Why did Connie become hysterical when the jury returned to the courtroom?
(a) Some of them were crying.
(b) They were laughing.
(c) They glared at her mother.
(d) They wouldn't look at her mother.
3. How old was Connie when she first saw a baby born?
(a) 7 or 8.
4. What did Connie think of Stephen when she first met him?
(a) He was sneaky.
(b) He was charming and capable.
(c) He didn't seem very smart.
(d) He didn't seem like a lawyer.
5. What did Tom think Sibyl and Rand were smart to do?
(a) Sign a statement.
(b) Not tell Connie about the case.
(c) Look for a lawyer.
(d) Refuse to speak with reporters.
6. What time of day did Sibyl expect to deliver Charlotte's baby?
(a) Around noon.
(b) Around midnight.
(c) Shortly after dinnertime.
(d) Early in the morning.
7. What was Connie told to do when the officer arrived at the house in Chapter 7?
(a) Leave the room.
(b) Go to her friend's house.
(c) Stay and listen.
(d) Serve coffee.
8. How did Charlotte's labor progress?
(a) Just about as Sibyl expected it to.
(b) There was no progression at all.
(c) More quickly than Sibyl projected.
(d) More slowly than Sibyl projected.
9. What is the name of the Bedfords' son?
10. What was Charlotte's last name?
11. On the weekend after Charlotte's death, who called the Danforth home?
(a) Asa Bedford.
(c) Reporters and friends of Sibyl's.
(d) The police.
12. What happened to Charlotte while she was pushing?
(a) She had a stroke.
(b) She had a heart attack.
(c) She delivered a baby.
(d) She had a seizure.
13. What time was Charlotte ready to begin pushing?
(b) After midnight.
(d) Around five in the morning.
14. What day of the week did Charlotte go into labor?
15. What did Rand think they should do when the police officer visited in Chapter 7?
(a) Give a statement.
(b) Refuse to allow the officer in.
(c) Wait for an attorney.
(d) Call Asa Bedford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day did Sibyl arrive at Charlotte's home after she went into labor?
2. What were the people at the party that Sibyl attended doing when her friend went into labor?
3. How long did Sibyl attend college before quitting?
4. Where did Connie first hear about Charlotte's death?
5. What factors made Sibyl decide to take Charlotte to the hospital?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)