|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did many of the other midwives feel after Charlotte's death?
(a) Sorry, but still confident.
(d) Angry at Sibyl.
2. Who claimed that Charlotte bled in an arch when Sibyl cut her?
3. What did Connie spend most of her time doing the spring Charlotte's family came?
(a) Riding her best friend's horse.
(d) Riding bikes with her best friend.
4. What complaint did Rand have about Sibyl's job?
(a) She was away from home a lot.
(b) She didn't make enough money.
(c) Rand thought she should be a real doctor.
(d) She made more money than Rand.
5. What were the people at the party that Sibyl attended doing when her friend went into labor?
(a) Smoking pot.
(b) Reading poetry.
(d) Drinking alcohol.
6. What did Connie's parents do the Saturday morning after Charlotte's death?
(a) Visited Asa.
(b) Gave a statement to the police.
(c) Visited lawyers.
(d) Stayed home with Connie.
7. Where did Connie find Tom waiting for her when she returned from looking for him?
(a) At his house.
(b) At the barn.
(c) At Charlotte's house.
(d) At her house.
8. What is Connie's profession?
9. Why did Connie become hysterical when the jury returned to the courtroom?
(a) They wouldn't look at her mother.
(b) They were laughing.
(c) They glared at her mother.
(d) Some of them were crying.
10. What types of cases did Stephen Hastings usually handle?
(a) Divorce cases.
(b) Rape, murder, and drug cases.
(c) Corporate law cases.
(d) Embezzlement cases.
11. How old was Connie the year her mother was charged with the death of a client?
12. What factors made Sibyl decide to take Charlotte to the hospital?
(a) Heart rate and fever.
(b) Blood pressure and blood.
(c) Vomiting and delirium.
(d) Blood and back labor.
13. What was Charlotte's last name?
14. What state did the Danforths live in when Connie was a child?
15. How many events does Sibyl's attorney say it took to lead to Charlotte's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. The year that Charlotte's family arrived, who did Connie constantly hope to catch a look at?
2. Who was waiting for Connie when she came home from school on the day after Charlotte's death?
3. Where did Connie first hear about Charlotte's death?
4. How old was Connie when Charlotte's family moved in?
5. What time of the day did Charlotte go into labor?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)