|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Connie find Tom waiting for her when she returned from looking for him?
(a) At Charlotte's house.
(b) At her house.
(c) At the barn.
(d) At his house.
2. After going out to warm up her car, what did Sibyl discover when she returned to Charlotte's room?
(a) Charlotte died while she was out.
(b) Charlotte had passed out.
(c) The baby died.
(d) Charlotte had stopped bleeding.
3. Who did Rand often spend long afternoons alone with when Sibyl was with clients?
(a) His mistress.
4. What town was Stephen Hastings from?
(a) New York City.
5. Who first took Connie to the Bedford home?
(b) A friend's mother.
6. What does Connie do at the Bedford home?
(a) Reads to Charlotte.
(b) Keeps Charlotte company.
7. When did Sibyl have her first experience with childbirth?
(a) When she was just a child.
(b) Shortly before discovering she was pregnant with Connie.
(c) After learning she was pregnant with Connie.
(d) During college.
8. What is the name of the Bedfords' son?
9. During Charlotte's labor, who did Sibyl send to be with her until Sibyl could get there?
(d) No one.
10. How long did it take the ambulance to arrive for the woman who went into labor during the party that Sibyl attended?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) Over an hour.
(d) The ambulance did not come at all.
11. What did Connie's parents do the Saturday morning after Charlotte's death?
(a) Visited Asa.
(b) Stayed home with Connie.
(c) Gave a statement to the police.
(d) Visited lawyers.
12. What is Connie's first impression of Charlotte?
(a) She is intimidating.
(b) She is strong.
(c) She is frightening.
(d) She is frail.
13. What did Sibyl ask Asa to bring her after Charlotte stopped breathing?
(a) The phone.
(b) A sharp knife.
(c) A Bible.
(d) An oxygen tank.
14. What is Connie's profession?
15. What did Connie remember was odd about the words she used as a young child?
(a) They were words people don't use in polite conversation.
(b) They made her mother angry.
(c) The other children knew them too.
(d) They were not in English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season was it when Sibyl was charged with Charlotte's death?
2. How long did Sibyl attend college before quitting?
3. What complaint did Rand have about Sibyl's job?
4. What holiday is it when Charlotte first asks Connie about Sibyl's profession?
5. What was the charge against Sibyl?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)