|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Part 1: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Connie hope to find Tom on the day her mother told her to make her own dinner because she'd be with a client?
(a) The pool.
(b) The stables.
(c) The baseball field.
(d) His house.
2. The year that Charlotte's family arrived, who did Connie constantly hope to catch a look at?
3. Where did Connie find Tom waiting for her when she returned from looking for him?
(a) At the barn.
(b) At his house.
(c) At Charlotte's house.
(d) At her house.
4. What did the men at the party do when Sibyl's friend went into labor?
(a) Rushed the woman to the hospital.
(b) Stayed to watch.
(c) Walked to the nearest phone.
(d) Went to the bar down the street.
5. What did Connie remember was odd about the words she used as a young child?
(a) They made her mother angry.
(b) They were words people don't use in polite conversation.
(c) The other children knew them too.
(d) They were not in English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the people at the party that Sibyl attended doing when her friend went into labor?
2. What was Charlotte's last name?
3. What happened for the first time when Connie returned from looking for Tom?
4. How did Connie feel when she couldn't find Tom in his usual spot?
5. What season was it when Sibyl was charged with Charlotte's death?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)