|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Titania continue to offer Bottom while they are together in the woods?
2. Who does the Fairy King blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
3. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
4. Who is in Act 4, Scene 1, but unseen by Titania?
5. What are the actors all doing at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
2. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
3. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
4. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
6. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
7. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
8. What does Oberon find that will help him reverse the effects of he love juice?
9. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
10. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the play and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Valor and honor were themes that were very important to many of the characters in this play. Where did this theme of valor and honor present itself and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)