|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
2. What happens when Titania first wakes up in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
4. Who was married at the same time as Theseus?
5. Where is Act 4, Scene 2 played out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
3. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
4. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
5. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
6. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
7. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
8. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
9. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
10. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor and honor were themes that were very important to many of the characters in this play. Where did this theme of valor and honor present itself and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this play. Give examples of characters choosing sides, and tell how it affected the characters involved.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)