|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Puck blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
2. What does Bottom ask of Titania while they are together in the woods?
3. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
4. What does Bottom do when he meets Titania's attendants?
5. Who enters Act 3, Scene 2 as Puck and the Fairy King are discussing Titania's new love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
3. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
4. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
6. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
7. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
8. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
9. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
10. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the play and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)