|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 3 begin?
2. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
3. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
4. What does Puck do to Bottom while he is off-stage during his second rehearsal for the mini-play?
5. How many people were wed at the end of Act 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
2. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
3. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
4. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
5. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
7. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
8. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
9. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
10. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this play, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the play?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)