|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which if the following is NOT one of the fairy attendants ordered to serve Bottom?
2. Who enters the scene at the very end of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Who tells the Fairy King about Titania's new love for Bottom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
2. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
3. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
4. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
5. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
6. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
7. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
8. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
9. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
10. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this play were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the play?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)