|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters in Act 4, Scene 2 looking for?
2. What does Bottom say when he awakens after his night with Titania?
3. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
4. Who does the Fairy King blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
5. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
2. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
3. What does Oberon find that will help him reverse the effects of he love juice?
4. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
6. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
7. What do the Fairy King and Queen want to do at Theseus's wedding and why?
8. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
9. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
10. Who does Puck blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the play?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the play and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)