|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
2. What does Puck do to Bottom while he is off-stage during his second rehearsal for the mini-play?
3. What do the other actors do when they see what Puck has done to Bottom during the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
4. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
5. What are the actors doing at the beginning of Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oberon find that will help him reverse the effects of he love juice?
2. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
4. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
5. Who does Puck blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
6. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
7. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
8. What do the Fairy King and Queen want to do at Theseus's wedding and why?
9. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
10. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this play. Give examples of characters choosing sides, and tell how it affected the characters involved.
Essay Topic 2
While Oberon and Titania were a magical fairy couple, they exhibited many different human characteristics. What are some examples of this humanity, and why do you think these examples were included in the play?
Essay Topic 3
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)