|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
2. Who is the first to flee the scene when Hermia and Helena are fighting in the woods?
3. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
4. What do the actors think has happened to their missing fellow?
5. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oberon find that will help him reverse the effects of he love juice?
2. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
3. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
5. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
6. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
7. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
8. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
9. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
10. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Puck was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Puck had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
How did Oberon's relationship with Titania change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the play?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)