|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Puck told to lead Lysander and Demetrius away from one another?
2. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Who enters the scene at the very end of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What does Titania do with Bottom when her fairy attendants leave her alone with him?
5. Who was married at the same time as Theseus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
2. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
3. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
4. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
6. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
7. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
8. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
9. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
10. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The names of the actors and the fairy attendants were very specific. What were some of these names, and what did the names and their meanings add to the content of the play?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this play, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the play?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)