|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bottom say when he awakens after his night with Titania?
2. What happens when Titania first wakes up in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What do Hermia and Helena insult about each other as they fight in the woods?
4. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
5. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
2. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
3. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
4. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
5. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
7. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
8. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
9. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
10. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Oberon's relationship with Titania change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)