|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bottom so surprised at the reaction he gets from the other actors after Puck has enchanted him?
2. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
3. Who coaches Flute with his lines while they rehearse the mini-play for the second time?
4. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
5. What does Bottom do when he meets Titania's attendants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
2. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
4. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
5. Who does Puck blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
6. What do the Fairy King and Queen want to do at Theseus's wedding and why?
7. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
8. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
9. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
10. What does Oberon find that will help him reverse the effects of he love juice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the play and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this play. Give examples of characters choosing sides, and tell how it affected the characters involved.
Essay Topic 3
Lysander and Demetrius are almost mirror images of each other, and yet they have some notable differences. Using excerpts from the text, please compare and contrast these two characters and explain the significance they had in the plot.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)