|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Puck told to lead Lysander and Demetrius away from one another?
2. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
3. What happens when Titania first wakes up in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What are the actors doing at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What is Titania doing at the beginning of Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oberon find that will help him reverse the effects of he love juice?
2. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
3. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
4. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
5. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
7. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
8. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
9. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
10. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this play. Give examples of characters choosing sides, and tell how it affected the characters involved.
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the play and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)