|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Demetrius do when he wakes up to see Helena in the woods?
2. Where did the actors last see their missing fellow?
3. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
4. Which if the following is NOT one of the fairy attendants ordered to serve Bottom?
5. How does Titania feel about Bottom once she awakes and finds him in her bower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Puck was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Puck had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Valor and honor were themes that were very important to many of the characters in this play. Where did this theme of valor and honor present itself and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)