|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helena call Hermia unkind when she enters Act 3, Scene 2 and sees Lysander and Demetrius praising Helena?
2. What is Titania doing at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What do Hermia and Helena insult about each other as they fight in the woods?
4. Who enters Act 3, Scene 2 as Puck and the Fairy King are discussing Titania's new love?
5. How does Puck discover that he placed the love potion on the wrong Athenian man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
2. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
3. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
4. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
5. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
7. Who does Puck blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
8. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
9. What do the Fairy King and Queen want to do at Theseus's wedding and why?
10. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
The names of the actors and the fairy attendants were very specific. What were some of these names, and what did the names and their meanings add to the content of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Helena and Hermia both endure many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did they learn through these experiences?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)