|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Act 4, Scene 1, but unseen by Titania?
2. Who enters Act 3, Scene 2 as Puck and the Fairy King are discussing Titania's new love?
3. Who brings the actors some news at the end of Act 4?
4. What does Bottom do when he is left alone after the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
5. What do Hermia and Helena insult about each other as they fight in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
2. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
3. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
4. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
5. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
6. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
7. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
8. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
9. What does Oberon find that will help him reverse the effects of he love juice?
10. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Helena and Hermia both endure many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did they learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this play, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)