|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
2. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Titania's attendants?
5. Where is Act 4, Scene 2 played out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
2. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
3. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
4. What do the Fairy King and Queen want to do at Theseus's wedding and why?
5. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
6. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
7. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
8. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
9. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
10. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the play?
Essay Topic 2
How did Oberon's relationship with Titania change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the play?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)