|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was married at the same time as Theseus?
2. Where does Act 3 begin?
3. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
4. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
5. What do Hermia and Helena insult about each other as they fight in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
2. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
4. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
5. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
6. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
7. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
8. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
9. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
10. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
While Oberon and Titania were a magical fairy couple, they exhibited many different human characteristics. What are some examples of this humanity, and why do you think these examples were included in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this play. Give examples of characters choosing sides, and tell how it affected the characters involved.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)