|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
2. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
3. What does Theseus say when he hears that the two couples want to be married?
4. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
5. Who is the first to flee the scene when Hermia and Helena are fighting in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
2. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
3. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
4. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
5. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
7. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
8. What do the Fairy King and Queen want to do at Theseus's wedding and why?
9. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
10. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this play, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Puck was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Puck had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this play. Give examples of characters choosing sides, and tell how it affected the characters involved.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)