|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Theseus when he asks for a specific form of entertainment?
2. What does Titania do with Bottom when her fairy attendants leave her alone with him?
3. Which one of the following are not one of the first four characters to enter Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Who was married at the same time as Theseus?
5. What are the actors doing at the beginning of Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
2. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
3. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
4. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
5. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
6. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
7. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
8. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
9. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
10. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this play, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)