|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
2. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Titania's attendants?
3. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
4. What does Bottom say when he awakens after his night with Titania?
5. Where is Act 4, Scene 2 played out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
2. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
4. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
6. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
7. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
8. Who does Puck blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
9. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
10. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)