|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which if the following is NOT one of the fairy attendants ordered to serve Bottom?
2. Who are the characters in Act 4, Scene 2 looking for?
3. Who enters the scene at the very end of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Why is Oberon so hateful towards the Indian child?
5. What does Bottom do when he is left alone after the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lysander and Demetrius are almost mirror images of each other, and yet they have some notable differences. Using excerpts from the text, please compare and contrast these two characters and explain the significance they had in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
How did Oberon's relationship with Titania change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the play?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)