|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
2. Why does Hermia not want Lysander to lie next to her when they are alone in the woods?
3. What has the fighting between the Fairy King and queen caused in the mortal realm?
4. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
5. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
2. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
3. Why does Puck mistake Lysander for Demetrius when he sees him asleep in the wood?
4. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
5. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
6. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
7. What does Helena choose to do when she first hears of Hermia's plan to escape with her true love?
8. How does the mini-play mirror one of Shakespeare's major works?
9. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
10. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the play?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Lysander and Demetrius are almost mirror images of each other, and yet they have some notable differences. Using excerpts from the text, please compare and contrast these two characters and explain the significance they had in the plot.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)