|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work of Shakespeare does the mini-play mirror?
2. What is Bottom's first name?
3. What can now be done with the flower Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
4. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
5. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
2. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
3. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
4. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
5. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
6. What does Puck say his favorite thing to do is?
7. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
8. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
9. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
10. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
While Oberon and Titania were a magical fairy couple, they exhibited many different human characteristics. What are some examples of this humanity, and why do you think these examples were included in the play?
This section contains 1,332 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)