|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What will happen on the same day that Hermia announces her decision about whom to marry?
3. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
4. How does Puck say he entertains the King of the Fairies?
5. How long does Theseus have until he is married to his fiance at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
2. How does Quince resolve Flute's worries about his assigned role in the mini-play?
3. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
4. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
5. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
6. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
7. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
8. In her famous line in the first scene, what does Helena say love uses when choosing matches?
9. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
10. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Oberon and Titania were a magical fairy couple, they exhibited many different human characteristics. What are some examples of this humanity, and why do you think these examples were included in the play?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this play. Give examples of characters choosing sides, and tell how it affected the characters involved.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)