|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assigning all the actors to their part in the mini-play?
2. Who does Oberon ask to help him in his plot to punish his wife?
3. What is Flute's first name?
4. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
5. Why does Hermia not want Lysander to lie next to her when they are alone in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Demetrius in the magical wood after dark in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
3. What caused the magical flower to get its powers?
4. In her famous line in the first scene, what does Helena say love uses when choosing matches?
5. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
6. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
7. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
8. How does the mini-play mirror one of Shakespeare's major works?
9. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
10. What has been happening in the mortal world while the Fairy King and Queen have been fighting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Puck was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Puck had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very central theme in this book--so much so that it was almost a tangible character. What made this theme so prominent, and how was the course of the plot altered by its presence?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)