|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
2. Who was once Oberon's mistress?
3. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Hermia say she would rather do than marry the man chosen for her by Egeus?
5. With whom does Titania always enter the stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
2. How does the mini-play mirror one of Shakespeare's major works?
3. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
4. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
5. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
6. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
7. Why is Flute unhappy with his assigned role when he first hears it?
8. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
9. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
10. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The names of the actors and the fairy attendants were very specific. What were some of these names, and what did the names and their meanings add to the content of the play?
Essay Topic 2
While Oberon and Titania were a magical fairy couple, they exhibited many different human characteristics. What are some examples of this humanity, and why do you think these examples were included in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Lysander and Demetrius are almost mirror images of each other, and yet they have some notable differences. Using excerpts from the text, please compare and contrast these two characters and explain the significance they had in the plot.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)