|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
2. Who is assigning all the actors to their part in the mini-play?
3. Where does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
4. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
5. Who does Hermia want to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hermia wake up in the woods, and what does she find when she wakes up?
2. What does Bottom do as Quince assigns all the roles in the mini-play?
3. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
4. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
5. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
6. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
7. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
8. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
9. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
10. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Helena and Hermia both endure many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did they learn through these experiences?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)