|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role in the mini-play is Bottom assigned?
2. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander in the woods after lamenting her situation?
3. Who says they would be better at the part Flute has been assigned in the mini-play?
4. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
5. Where do the actors of the mini-play hope to perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
2. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
3. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
4. What does Bottom do as Quince assigns all the roles in the mini-play?
5. What does Puck say his favorite thing to do is?
6. How does Hermia wake up in the woods, and what does she find when she wakes up?
7. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
8. In her famous line in the first scene, what does Helena say love uses when choosing matches?
9. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
10. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this play. Give examples of characters choosing sides, and tell how it affected the characters involved.
Essay Topic 2
Valor and honor were themes that were very important to many of the characters in this play. Where did this theme of valor and honor present itself and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this play, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)