|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the genre of the mini-play?
2. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
3. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Hermia say she would rather do than marry the man chosen for her by Egeus?
5. How does Puck say he entertains the King of the Fairies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
2. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
3. How does Quince resolve Flute's worries about his assigned role in the mini-play?
4. What has been happening in the mortal world while the Fairy King and Queen have been fighting?
5. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
6. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
7. What happens in the mini-play when Pyramus finds Thisbe's cloak with blood on it?
8. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
9. What does Lysander propose he and Hermia do to avoid the punishment laid out for Hermia should she choose to marry him?
10. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this play were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The names of the actors and the fairy attendants were very specific. What were some of these names, and what did the names and their meanings add to the content of the play?
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)