Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snug's assigned role in the mini-play mostly consist of?
2. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
3. Who does Oberon ask to help him in his plot to punish his wife?
4. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
5. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
2. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
3. How does Quince resolve Flute's worries about his assigned role in the mini-play?
4. How did Thisbe's cloak get blood on it in the mini-play?
5. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
7. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
8. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
9. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
10. What do the Fairy King and Queen want to do at Theseus's wedding and why?
Essay Topic 1
The names of the actors and the fairy attendants were very specific. What were some of these names, and what did the names and their meanings add to the content of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this play. Give examples of characters choosing sides, and tell how it affected the characters involved.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)