|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the fairies sing for Titania in the second scene that Titania appears in?
2. What role in the mini-play is Bottom assigned?
3. Who is Helena in love with?
4. What is Theseus's future bride's name?
5. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
2. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
3. Why does Puck mistake Lysander for Demetrius when he sees him asleep in the wood?
4. What does Puck say his favorite thing to do is?
5. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
6. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
7. How does Hermia wake up in the woods, and what does she find when she wakes up?
8. In her famous line in the first scene, what does Helena say love uses when choosing matches?
9. What does Helena choose to do when she first hears of Hermia's plan to escape with her true love?
10. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this play. Give examples of characters choosing sides, and tell how it affected the characters involved.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)