|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
2. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
3. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
4. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
5. How does Puck say he entertains the King of the Fairies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
2. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
3. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
4. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
5. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
6. What caused the magical flower to get its powers?
7. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
8. What has been happening in the mortal world while the Fairy King and Queen have been fighting?
9. How did Thisbe's cloak get blood on it in the mini-play?
10. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this play, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 1,361 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)