Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flute's first name?
2. Who does Puck think Lysander is when he is sleeping in the woods?
3. What wakes Hermia while she is sleeping in the wood?
4. How does Titania get to sleep at the end of a long night?
5. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
2. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
3. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
4. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
5. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
6. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
7. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
8. How does Quince convince Bottom to not take the role of the Lion?
9. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
10. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
Lysander and Demetrius are almost mirror images of each other, and yet they have some notable differences. Using excerpts from the text, please compare and contrast these two characters and explain the significance they had in the plot.
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this play, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Valor and honor were themes that were very important to many of the characters in this play. Where did this theme of valor and honor present itself and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)