|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Demetrius running when he enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
2. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
3. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
4. What is another name for Puck?
5. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
2. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
3. What does Puck say his favorite thing to do is?
4. In her famous line in the first scene, what does Helena say love uses when choosing matches?
5. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
6. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
7. What has been happening in the mortal world while the Fairy King and Queen have been fighting?
8. Why is Flute unhappy with his assigned role when he first hears it?
9. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
10. What caused the magical flower to get its powers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the play and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)