|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Puck think Lysander is when he is sleeping in the woods?
2. Who does Oberon ask to help him in his plot to punish his wife?
3. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
4. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
5. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
2. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
3. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
4. In her famous line in the first scene, what does Helena say love uses when choosing matches?
5. How does Hermia wake up in the woods, and what does she find when she wakes up?
6. What caused the magical flower to get its powers?
7. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
8. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
9. How does the mini-play mirror one of Shakespeare's major works?
10. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this play. Give examples of characters choosing sides, and tell how it affected the characters involved.
Essay Topic 2
Valor and honor were themes that were very important to many of the characters in this play. Where did this theme of valor and honor present itself and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)