|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lysander choose to move after Hermia is told to make her decision about whom to marry?
2. What is Flute's first name?
3. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
4. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
5. Where does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
2. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
3. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
4. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
5. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
6. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
7. Why is Demetrius in the magical wood after dark in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. What does Puck say his favorite thing to do is?
9. Why is Flute unhappy with his assigned role when he first hears it?
10. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the play and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this play, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)