|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
2. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
4. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
5. What does Snug's assigned role in the mini-play mostly consist of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
2. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
3. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
4. How does Quince resolve Flute's worries about his assigned role in the mini-play?
5. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
6. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
7. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
8. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
9. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
10. What does Bottom do as Quince assigns all the roles in the mini-play?
Essay Topic 1
Puck was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Puck had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this play were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)