|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
2. Who is Helena in love with?
3. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
5. How did Theseus meet his future bride?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
2. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
3. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
4. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
5. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
6. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
7. How does the mini-play mirror one of Shakespeare's major works?
8. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
9. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
10. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Helena and Hermia both endure many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did they learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this play, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)