|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the scene after Puck exits Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
3. How does Titania get to sleep at the end of a long night?
4. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
5. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Quince resolve Flute's worries about his assigned role in the mini-play?
2. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
3. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
4. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
5. Why is Demetrius in the magical wood after dark in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
7. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
8. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
9. How does Hermia wake up in the woods, and what does she find when she wakes up?
10. How does Quince convince Bottom to not take the role of the Lion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the play and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this play. Give examples of characters choosing sides, and tell how it affected the characters involved.
Essay Topic 3
Valor and honor were themes that were very important to many of the characters in this play. Where did this theme of valor and honor present itself and how did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)