|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oberon ask to help him in his plot to punish his wife?
2. Where is the mini-play rehearsed?
3. What does Hermia say about true love in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Where do the actors of the mini-play hope to perform?
5. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
2. In her famous line in the first scene, what does Helena say love uses when choosing matches?
3. Why is Demetrius in the magical wood after dark in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How does Hermia wake up in the woods, and what does she find when she wakes up?
5. What caused the magical flower to get its powers?
6. Why is Flute unhappy with his assigned role when he first hears it?
7. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
8. What does Puck say his favorite thing to do is?
9. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
10. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
The names of the actors and the fairy attendants were very specific. What were some of these names, and what did the names and their meanings add to the content of the play?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)