|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Demetrius do when he wakes up to see Helena in the woods?
(a) Decides to fight Lysander for her hand.
(c) Falls in love with her.
(d) Kisses her.
2. What does Bottom say when he awakens after his night with Titania?
(a) He is sad to have it end so soon.
(b) It was a dream.
(c) He is angry at Titania for leaving him.
(d) He should be honored.
3. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The chirping of a bird.
(b) Bottom's singing.
(c) Puck's laughter.
(d) The morning light.
4. Who sees the actors rehearsing their play at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Who is in Act 4, Scene 1, but unseen by Titania?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
2. Which one of the following are not one of the first four characters to enter Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
4. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
5. How does Puck discover that he placed the love potion on the wrong Athenian man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
2. Who does Puck blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
3. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
4. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
5. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
6. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
7. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
8. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
9. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
10. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)