|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
(a) That they are not professional actors.
(b) That the lion is really a man.
(c) That it is about love.
(d) That the deaths are not real.
2. Why does Helena think Lysander and Demetrius are playing a trick on her when she is alone with them in the woods?
(a) They seem to be laughing.
(b) They are not in their right minds.
(c) They have teased her like this before.
(d) They are fawning over her like they were for Hermia.
3. What are the actors all doing at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(c) Getting into costume.
4. What news is brought to the actors at the end of Act 4?
(a) Lysander was thrown in prison.
(b) Bottom has been found.
(c) The duke is married.
(d) Snout is injured.
5. What does Titania do with Bottom when her fairy attendants leave her alone with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oberon send Puck to find as he places the love juice on Demetrius's eyes?
2. Who is in Act 4, Scene 1, but unseen by Titania?
3. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Who enters the scene at the very end of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What character will be missing in the play if the actors cannot find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
2. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
3. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
6. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
7. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
8. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
9. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
10. Who does Puck blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)