|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
(a) They are searching for fairies.
(b) They are looking for Hermia.
(c) They are on a hunt.
(d) They are trying to elope together.
2. What is Titania doing at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
(a) He tells Lysander he will be hung for this.
(b) He commands her to return home never to leave.
(c) He tells Hermia she is no longer his daughter.
(d) He tells Demetrius she is now his.
4. What character will be missing in the play if the actors cannot find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) The Lion.
5. Why does Hermia think Lysander left her alone in the woods?
(a) Demetrius killed him.
(b) He went to get her some food.
(c) He was frightened away.
(d) He thought she had left him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
2. What does Bottom say about his face while he is lounging with Titania?
3. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Why is Bottom so surprised at the reaction he gets from the other actors after Puck has enchanted him?
5. What does Bottom do when he meets Titania's attendants?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
2. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
3. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
4. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
6. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
7. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
8. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
9. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
10. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)