|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 3 begin?
(a) Theseus's palace.
(c) The woods.
(d) Quince's house.
2. What does Bottom say about his face while he is lounging with Titania?
(a) It is rather furry.
(b) It has strong features.
(c) It is not handsome enough to be with Titania.
(d) It seems larger than usual.
3. Why does Helena call Hermia unkind when she enters Act 3, Scene 2 and sees Lysander and Demetrius praising Helena?
(a) She is angry about her stealing Demetrius's love from her.
(b) She is tired of being second rate to Hermia.
(c) She feels that Hermia got her lost in the woods on purpose.
(d) She thinks Hermia is in on the joke as well.
4. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
(a) By kicking them.
(b) With hunting horns.
(c) With cold water.
(d) With tree branches.
5. What news is brought to the actors at the end of Act 4?
(a) Bottom has been found.
(b) The duke is married.
(c) Lysander was thrown in prison.
(d) Snout is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character will be missing in the play if the actors cannot find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What did Oberon tell Puck he had done instead of turning false love true?
3. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Who is the first to flee the scene when Hermia and Helena are fighting in the woods?
5. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
2. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
3. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
4. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
5. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
6. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
7. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
8. What do the Fairy King and Queen want to do at Theseus's wedding and why?
9. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
10. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)