|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 3 begin?
(b) Theseus's palace.
(c) The woods.
(d) Quince's house.
2. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
(a) By kicking them.
(b) With tree branches.
(c) With hunting horns.
(d) With cold water.
3. What do the other actors do when they see what Puck has done to Bottom during the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(a) Yell at him.
(b) Run away.
(c) Fight him.
4. What does the news brought to the actors at the end of Act 4 mean for their mini-play?
(a) It has been cancelled.
(b) It is time for it to start.
(c) It will really be a success.
(d) It will be postponed.
5. Which if the following is NOT one of the fairy attendants ordered to serve Bottom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
2. How does Puck discover that he placed the love potion on the wrong Athenian man?
3. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
4. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
5. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
2. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
3. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
4. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
5. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
6. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
7. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
8. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
9. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
10. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)