|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
2. Who brings the actors some news at the end of Act 4?
3. What does Puck do to Bottom while he is off-stage during his second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(a) Gives him the head of an ass.
(b) Strikes him blind.
(c) Causes him to shout everything he says.
(d) Muffles his language.
4. What was Titania dreaming about before she wakes up in the woods with Bottom?
(a) That Puck had been snooping around her bower.
(b) That the Indian child had been taken from her.
(c) That Oberon was mocking her.
(d) That she was in love with an ass.
5. What does Theseus say when he hears that the two couples want to be married?
(a) He orders Hermia to obey her father.
(b) He says he will do the honor right there in the woods.
(c) He says they will be married that day.
(d) He says it is not his or Egeus's decision to make.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hermia and Helena insult about each other as they fight in the woods?
2. Why does Helena think Lysander and Demetrius are playing a trick on her when she is alone with them in the woods?
3. After Bottom has been enchanted by Puck, who chases the other actors?
4. What did Oberon ask Titania to do with the Indian child while she was in love with Bottom?
5. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
3. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
4. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
5. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
6. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
7. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
8. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
9. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
10. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)