|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
(a) He tells Hermia she is no longer his daughter.
(b) He tells Demetrius she is now his.
(c) He commands her to return home never to leave.
(d) He tells Lysander he will be hung for this.
2. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
(b) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
(c) He did not want to get caught.
(d) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
3. What inanimate objects must be performed by men in the mini-play?
(a) A dress and a goblet of wine.
(b) A table and a rock.
(c) A wall and moonshine.
(d) A tree and a prison wall.
4. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Fetch him some food.
(c) Scratch his head.
(d) Bring him some water.
5. What does Puck do to Bottom while he is off-stage during his second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(a) Muffles his language.
(b) Gives him the head of an ass.
(c) Causes him to shout everything he says.
(d) Strikes him blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Puck discover that he placed the love potion on the wrong Athenian man?
2. Where is Theseus when he asks for a specific form of entertainment?
3. What does Demetrius do when he wakes up to see Helena in the woods?
4. What does the news brought to the actors at the end of Act 4 mean for their mini-play?
5. Who does Oberon send Puck to find as he places the love juice on Demetrius's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
3. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Who does Puck blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
6. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
7. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
8. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
9. What do the Fairy King and Queen want to do at Theseus's wedding and why?
10. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)