|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 3 begin?
(a) Quince's house.
(c) The woods.
(d) Theseus's palace.
2. What does Titania continue to offer Bottom while they are together in the woods?
(a) Water and ointments.
(b) Food and music.
(d) Rest and comfort.
3. What does Bottom do when he meets Titania's attendants?
(a) Mocks their names.
(b) Exclaims at their beauty.
(d) Laughs with them.
4. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
(a) Scratch his head.
(b) Bring him some water.
(c) Fetch him some food.
(d) Sing a song.
5. Who brings the actors some news at the end of Act 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bottom has been enchanted by Puck, who chases the other actors?
2. Why is Oberon so hateful towards the Indian child?
3. How do the actors react to the entrance of their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Who enters the scene at the very end of Act 4, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
2. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
3. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
4. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
5. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
6. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
7. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
8. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
9. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
10. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)