|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
(a) They are trying to elope together.
(b) They are on a hunt.
(c) They are searching for fairies.
(d) They are looking for Hermia.
2. What does Bottom ask of Titania while they are together in the woods?
(a) Rest and comfort.
(b) Food and music.
(c) Water and ointments.
3. Who enters the scene at the very end of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What do the actors think has happened to their missing fellow?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He was transported in the woods.
(c) He was thrown in prison.
(d) He got lost in a strange city.
5. What did Oberon ask Titania to do with the Indian child while she was in love with Bottom?
(a) To let the Indian child go.
(b) To give the Indian child to his mother.
(c) To give him the Indian child.
(d) To kill the Indian child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters in Act 4, Scene 2 looking for?
2. After Bottom has been enchanted by Puck, who chases the other actors?
3. What does Demetrius do after Hermia leaves to go find Lysander?
4. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
5. What does Bottom do when he meets Titania's attendants?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
2. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
3. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
4. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
5. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
6. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
7. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
8. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
9. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
10. What does Oberon find that will help him reverse the effects of he love juice?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)