|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Puck told to lead Lysander and Demetrius away from one another?
(a) Cause one to fall asleep.
(b) Take one by the hand and lead him away.
(c) Mimic the voice of Helena.
(d) Appear as Helena.
2. How many people were wed at the end of Act 4?
3. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
(a) That they are not professional actors.
(b) That the deaths are not real.
(c) That the lion is really a man.
(d) That it is about love.
4. Who does Oberon send Puck to find as he places the love juice on Demetrius's eyes?
5. Who are the characters in Act 4, Scene 2 looking for?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
2. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
3. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
4. What does Titania continue to offer Bottom while they are together in the woods?
5. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
2. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
3. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
5. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
7. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
8. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
9. Who does Puck blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
10. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)