|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
(a) With tree branches.
(b) With cold water.
(c) By kicking them.
(d) With hunting horns.
2. After Bottom has been enchanted by Puck, who chases the other actors?
3. What does Demetrius do when he wakes up to see Helena in the woods?
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Decides to fight Lysander for her hand.
(d) Falls in love with her.
4. What news is brought to the actors at the end of Act 4?
(a) Lysander was thrown in prison.
(b) Snout is injured.
(c) The duke is married.
(d) Bottom has been found.
5. What does Bottom say about his face while he is lounging with Titania?
(a) It is rather furry.
(b) It is not handsome enough to be with Titania.
(c) It seems larger than usual.
(d) It has strong features.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character will be missing in the play if the actors cannot find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Why does Hermia think Lysander left her alone in the woods?
3. What did Oberon ask Titania to do with the Indian child while she was in love with Bottom?
4. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
5. What does Puck do to Bottom while he is off-stage during his second rehearsal for the mini-play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Puck blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
2. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
3. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
5. What does Oberon find that will help him reverse the effects of he love juice?
6. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
7. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
8. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
9. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
10. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)