|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Theseus when he asks for a specific form of entertainment?
(a) In his house.
(b) In the town square of Athens.
(c) At his wedding.
(d) In the woods.
2. What did Oberon ask Titania to do with the Indian child while she was in love with Bottom?
(a) To give him the Indian child.
(b) To let the Indian child go.
(c) To give the Indian child to his mother.
(d) To kill the Indian child.
3. What do the actors think has happened to their missing fellow?
(a) He was transported in the woods.
(b) He got lost in a strange city.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He was thrown in prison.
4. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
(a) Take the Indian baby.
(b) Watch Titania with Bottom.
(c) Release Titania from her spell.
(d) Find an herb to reverse the effects of the love juice.
5. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
(a) A song.
(b) A dance.
(c) A play.
(d) A comic routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
2. What does Puck do to Bottom while he is off-stage during his second rehearsal for the mini-play?
3. What does Titania continue to offer Bottom while they are together in the woods?
4. Who coaches Flute with his lines while they rehearse the mini-play for the second time?
5. Why does Helena think Lysander and Demetrius are playing a trick on her when she is alone with them in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
2. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
4. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
5. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
6. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
7. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
8. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
9. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
10. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)