|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
(a) Bring him some water.
(b) Fetch him some food.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Scratch his head.
2. Why does Hermia think Lysander left her alone in the woods?
(a) He went to get her some food.
(b) He was frightened away.
(c) Demetrius killed him.
(d) He thought she had left him.
3. What does Bottom say when he awakens after his night with Titania?
(a) It was a dream.
(b) He is angry at Titania for leaving him.
(c) He should be honored.
(d) He is sad to have it end so soon.
4. Why does Helena think Lysander and Demetrius are playing a trick on her when she is alone with them in the woods?
(a) They are fawning over her like they were for Hermia.
(b) They have teased her like this before.
(c) They seem to be laughing.
(d) They are not in their right minds.
5. What does Bottom do when he is left alone after the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(a) Tries to follow his fellow actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
2. Who is the first to flee the scene when Hermia and Helena are fighting in the woods?
3. Who was married at the same time as Theseus?
4. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
5. How is Puck told to lead Lysander and Demetrius away from one another?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
2. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
3. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
4. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
5. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
6. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
7. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
8. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
9. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
10. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)