|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
(a) Scratch his head.
(b) Bring him some water.
(c) Fetch him some food.
(d) Sing a song.
2. How do the actors react to the entrance of their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) They are nonplussed.
(b) They are dissappointed.
(c) They are concerned.
(d) They are thrilled.
3. Why does Hermia think Lysander left her alone in the woods?
(a) He went to get her some food.
(b) He was frightened away.
(c) Demetrius killed him.
(d) He thought she had left him.
4. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
(b) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
(c) He did not want to get caught.
(d) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
5. What does Bottom say when he awakens after his night with Titania?
(a) He is sad to have it end so soon.
(b) He is angry at Titania for leaving him.
(c) He should be honored.
(d) It was a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
2. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
3. What did Oberon tell Puck he had done instead of turning false love true?
4. What does Bottom ask of Titania while they are together in the woods?
5. Who sees the actors rehearsing their play at the beginning of Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
2. What does Bottom plan to do after he wakes up alone in the woods?
3. What does Oberon find that will help him reverse the effects of he love juice?
4. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
5. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
7. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
8. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
9. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
10. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)