|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following are not one of the first four characters to enter Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Why does Helena think Lysander and Demetrius are playing a trick on her when she is alone with them in the woods?
(a) They are fawning over her like they were for Hermia.
(b) They have teased her like this before.
(c) They are not in their right minds.
(d) They seem to be laughing.
3. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
(a) He commands her to return home never to leave.
(b) He tells Hermia she is no longer his daughter.
(c) He tells Demetrius she is now his.
(d) He tells Lysander he will be hung for this.
4. What does Titania continue to offer Bottom while they are together in the woods?
(a) Water and ointments.
(c) Food and music.
(d) Rest and comfort.
5. What are the actors doing at the beginning of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
2. What did Oberon ask Titania to do with the Indian child while she was in love with Bottom?
3. Who enters the scene at the very end of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Why does Hermia think Lysander left her alone in the woods?
5. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
2. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Who does Oberon blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
4. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
5. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
6. What do the Fairy King and Queen want to do at Theseus's wedding and why?
7. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
8. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
9. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
10. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)