|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Titania feel about Bottom once she awakes and finds him in her bower?
(a) She still loves him.
(b) She finds him funny.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is furious.
2. Who sees the actors rehearsing their play at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Where did the actors last see their missing fellow?
(a) In the woods.
(b) At his house.
(c) At Quince's house.
(d) On a street in Athens.
4. Why is Bottom so surprised at the reaction he gets from the other actors after Puck has enchanted him?
(a) He did not know they were so cowardly.
(b) He thought they were his friends.
(c) He wanted them to help him.
(d) He does not notice the difference.
5. Why does Helena call Hermia unkind when she enters Act 3, Scene 2 and sees Lysander and Demetrius praising Helena?
(a) She thinks Hermia is in on the joke as well.
(b) She feels that Hermia got her lost in the woods on purpose.
(c) She is angry about her stealing Demetrius's love from her.
(d) She is tired of being second rate to Hermia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Puck do to Bottom while he is off-stage during his second rehearsal for the mini-play?
2. What is Titania doing at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
4. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
5. Who are the characters in Act 4, Scene 2 looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Puck blame for the confusion with the Athenians and why?
2. What do the Fairy King and Queen want to do at Theseus's wedding and why?
3. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What does Oberon find that will help him reverse the effects of he love juice?
5. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
6. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
7. What do the actors think have happened to their missing companion?
8. What does Bottom say the Lion must do before he begins his part in the mini-play?
9. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
10. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)