|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Titania dreaming about before she wakes up in the woods with Bottom?
(a) That the Indian child had been taken from her.
(b) That Oberon was mocking her.
(c) That she was in love with an ass.
(d) That Puck had been snooping around her bower.
2. Why does Helena think Lysander and Demetrius are playing a trick on her when she is alone with them in the woods?
(a) They are not in their right minds.
(b) They have teased her like this before.
(c) They are fawning over her like they were for Hermia.
(d) They seem to be laughing.
3. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
(a) A dance.
(b) A comic routine.
(c) A song.
(d) A play.
4. Where does Act 3 begin?
(b) Theseus's palace.
(c) Quince's house.
(d) The woods.
5. Who are the characters in Act 4, Scene 2 looking for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Act 4, Scene 1, but unseen by Titania?
2. What does Bottom do when he meets Titania's attendants?
3. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
4. Where did the actors last see their missing fellow?
5. How many people were wed at the end of Act 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
2. How do the other actors respond to what Puck does to Bottom, and why is Bottom so surprised by this reaction?
3. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
4. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
5. What happens to Bottom when he wakes up alone in the woods?
6. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
7. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
8. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
9. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
10. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)