|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Demetrius do when he wakes up to see Helena in the woods?
(a) Falls in love with her.
(c) Decides to fight Lysander for her hand.
(d) Kisses her.
2. Why is Oberon so hateful towards the Indian child?
(a) He fears it will gain too many powers.
(b) He does not approve of changelings.
(c) It is wiser than he is.
(d) It is taking all of his wife's attention.
3. Where is Act 4, Scene 2 played out?
(a) A street in Athens.
(b) The woods.
(c) Quince's house.
(d) Theseus's castle.
4. Who does Oberon send Puck to find as he places the love juice on Demetrius's eyes?
5. What does Theseus say when he hears that the two couples want to be married?
(a) He says he will do the honor right there in the woods.
(b) He says they will be married that day.
(c) He says it is not his or Egeus's decision to make.
(d) He orders Hermia to obey her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
2. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
3. Why does Hermia think Lysander left her alone in the woods?
4. Who enters Act 3, Scene 2 as Puck and the Fairy King are discussing Titania's new love?
5. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bottom promise to tell his fellow companions in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Why does Oberon want Puck to wait until Titania wakes up to change Bottom's head?
3. What do the Fairy King and Queen want to do at Theseus's wedding and why?
4. Who are the actors looking for in Act 4, Scene 2 and why?
5. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
7. What does Puck do to Bottom when he leaves the stage during the rehearsal in the woods?
8. What does Titania do when she awakens to Bottom's singing in the woods?
9. Why are Oberon and Puck in such a hurry to clear up the amusing confusion they have caused during the night?
10. How does Puck clear up the confusion among the four lovers of Athens?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)