|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
(a) Sleeping with other women.
(b) Being too gentle-hearted.
(c) Being a hypocrite.
(d) Lying to her.
2. How did Theseus meet his future bride?
(a) At a council.
(b) In the war.
(c) On the street.
(d) At a ball.
3. Who is assigning all the actors to their part in the mini-play?
4. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
(a) His crown.
(b) An Indian child.
(c) The heart of another man.
(d) Some of his powers.
5. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Lock Hermia in her room so she will not be punished for eloping.
(b) Run away with Lysander before Hermia meets him.
(c) Tell Demetrius about Hermia's plan to elope.
(d) Continue to try and woo Theseus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fairies remain with Titania when she goes to sleep?
2. Where does Lysander choose to move after Hermia is told to make her decision about whom to marry?
3. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
4. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
2. Why is Flute unhappy with his assigned role when he first hears it?
3. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
4. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
5. How does Quince resolve Flute's worries about his assigned role in the mini-play?
6. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
7. What does Bottom do as Quince assigns all the roles in the mini-play?
8. How does Quince convince Bottom to not take the role of the Lion?
9. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
10. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)