|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
(a) Being too gentle-hearted.
(b) Lying to her.
(c) Being a hypocrite.
(d) Sleeping with other women.
2. How many fairies remain with Titania when she goes to sleep?
3. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
4. Who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes?
(a) Puck and Peasbottom.
(b) Hippolyta and Theseus.
(c) Lysander and Hermia.
(d) Helena and Demetrius.
5. Why does Demetrius want Lysander to leave Hermia alone?
(a) Lysander has a bad reputation.
(b) Hermia does not want Lysander.
(c) Lysander's wooing will get Hermia banished.
(d) Demetrius wants Hermia for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
2. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
3. What do the couple who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes want to do?
4. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
5. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the mini-play mirror one of Shakespeare's major works?
2. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
3. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
4. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
5. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
6. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
7. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
8. How does Hermia wake up in the woods, and what does she find when she wakes up?
9. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
10. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)