|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lysander choose to move after Hermia is told to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) To live with his aunt.
(b) To Athens.
(c) To live at the castle.
(d) To Rome.
2. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His popularity among the people.
(b) His ability to memorize long pieces of literature.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His acting abilities.
3. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
4. What role in the mini-play is Bottom assigned?
(c) The Lion.
5. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
(a) Sleeping with other women.
(b) Lying to her.
(c) Being too gentle-hearted.
(d) Being a hypocrite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
3. What is another name for Puck?
4. What can now be done with the flower Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
5. Why does Hermia not want Lysander to lie next to her when they are alone in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bottom do as Quince assigns all the roles in the mini-play?
2. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
3. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
4. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
5. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
6. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
7. Why does Puck mistake Lysander for Demetrius when he sees him asleep in the wood?
8. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
9. What does Lysander propose he and Hermia do to avoid the punishment laid out for Hermia should she choose to marry him?
10. What has been happening in the mortal world while the Fairy King and Queen have been fighting?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)