|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
2. Who does Puck think Lysander is when he is sleeping in the woods?
3. What do the couple who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes want to do?
4. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
(a) He stands on a stool.
(b) They say the lion will be known as a timid lion.
(c) They allow him to improvise.
(d) He wears a mask.
5. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
(a) The Amazon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Puck meet with at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is Helena in love with?
4. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander in the woods after lamenting her situation?
5. Who puts the love potion on Titania's eyes as she sleeps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
2. What does Puck say his favorite thing to do is?
3. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
4. Why is Flute unhappy with his assigned role when he first hears it?
5. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
6. Why does Puck mistake Lysander for Demetrius when he sees him asleep in the wood?
7. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
8. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
9. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
10. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)