|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
2. With whom does Titania always enter the stage?
(a) Her attendants.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her husband.
3. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
(a) Egeus is Hermia's cousin.
(b) Egeus is Hermia's uncle.
(c) Egeus is Hermia's god-father.
(d) Egeus is Hermia's father.
4. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Planting sun beams.
(b) Painting flowers.
(c) Sprinkling dew drops.
(d) Melting frost.
5. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be killed.
(b) She will be put in a nunnery.
(c) She will be banished.
(d) She will be imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does the Fairy King tell his wife she must do in order to stop the strife between them?
3. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
4. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
5. What wakes Hermia while she is sleeping in the wood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
2. Why is Demetrius in the magical wood after dark in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
4. What does Puck say his favorite thing to do is?
5. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
6. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
7. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
8. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
9. Why is Flute unhappy with his assigned role when he first hears it?
10. What does Helena choose to do when she first hears of Hermia's plan to escape with her true love?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)