|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Hermia while she is sleeping in the wood?
(b) The song of a bird.
(c) The noise of Helena's conversation with Lysander.
(d) A nightmare.
2. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 4 weeks.
3. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Melting frost.
(b) Painting flowers.
(c) Planting sun beams.
(d) Sprinkling dew drops.
4. What work of Shakespeare does the mini-play mirror?
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) As You Like It.
5. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
(a) Gives a speech in the voice of a woman.
(b) Displays his gift of memorization.
(c) Roars with all his might.
(d) Does a pantomime of a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2 begin?
2. What part in the mini-play is Snug assigned?
3. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
4. What is the genre of the mini-play?
5. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the mini-play mirror one of Shakespeare's major works?
2. How does Quince convince Bottom to not take the role of the Lion?
3. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
4. How does Quince resolve Flute's worries about his assigned role in the mini-play?
5. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
6. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
7. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
8. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
9. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
10. What has been happening in the mortal world while the Fairy King and Queen have been fighting?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)