|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
2. What does Snug's assigned role in the mini-play mostly consist of?
(a) Standing still.
(d) Dancing about the stage.
3. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
(a) Stands still holding his breath.
(c) Shows his variety of laughs.
4. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) At Titania's Castle.
(b) On a street in Athens.
(c) In Puck's house.
(d) In the woods.
5. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 4 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the actors of the mini-play hope to perform?
2. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
3. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
4. What is the genre of the mini-play?
5. What has the fighting between the Fairy King and queen caused in the mortal realm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
2. How does Hermia wake up in the woods, and what does she find when she wakes up?
3. What caused the magical flower to get its powers?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
5. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
6. Why does Puck mistake Lysander for Demetrius when he sees him asleep in the wood?
7. What does Helena choose to do when she first hears of Hermia's plan to escape with her true love?
8. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
9. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
10. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)