|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the mother of the child Titania has stolen?
(a) She died.
(b) She is in prison.
(c) She forgot all about him.
(d) She begged Titania to take him.
2. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander in the woods after lamenting her situation?
(a) He seems to be very sick.
(b) He pledges to help her woo Demetrius.
(c) He falls in love with her.
(d) He yells at her to leave him alone.
3. Who is Helena in love with?
4. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
(a) The Lion.
(b) The Wall.
5. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
(a) He has wooed her well.
(b) He is smart.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He is from noble blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
2. How does Titania get to sleep at the end of a long night?
3. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
4. Who does Puck think Lysander is when he is sleeping in the woods?
5. What will happen on the same day that Hermia announces her decision about whom to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
2. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
3. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
4. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
5. What does Helena choose to do when she first hears of Hermia's plan to escape with her true love?
6. What does Bottom do as Quince assigns all the roles in the mini-play?
7. Why does Puck mistake Lysander for Demetrius when he sees him asleep in the wood?
8. What does Puck say his favorite thing to do is?
9. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
10. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)