|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Fairy King tell his wife she must do in order to stop the strife between them?
(a) Fire her new fairy attendants.
(b) Stop courting other men.
(c) Return to live with him.
(d) Return the child she has stolen.
2. What does Oberon plan to use the magic flower for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To cause his wife to sleep for long enough to steal the child away.
(b) To overpower his wife to do his bidding.
(c) To find out what his wife plans to do and thwart those plans.
(d) To make his wife fall in love with something ridiculous.
3. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
4. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
(d) The Amazon.
5. What is Starveling's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was once Oberon's mistress?
2. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
3. Why does Demetrius want Lysander to leave Hermia alone?
4. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
5. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander in the woods after lamenting her situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
2. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
3. Why is Demetrius in the magical wood after dark in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Why is Flute unhappy with his assigned role when he first hears it?
5. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
6. What does Bottom do as Quince assigns all the roles in the mini-play?
7. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
8. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
9. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
10. What does Helena choose to do when she first hears of Hermia's plan to escape with her true love?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)