|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) She is heart broken.
(c) She sees Lysander.
(d) She hurt her foot.
2. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) In Puck's house.
(b) On a street in Athens.
(c) In the woods.
(d) At Titania's Castle.
3. Who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes?
(a) Lysander and Hermia.
(b) Helena and Demetrius.
(c) Puck and Peasbottom.
(d) Hippolyta and Theseus.
4. Who says they would be better at the part Flute has been assigned in the mini-play?
5. Why does Hermia not want Lysander to lie next to her when they are alone in the woods?
(a) She does not feel beautiful.
(b) She wants to remain chaste.
(c) She does not want to be found with him.
(d) She is mad at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Hermia while she is sleeping in the wood?
2. What part in the mini-play is Snug assigned?
3. What do the fairies sing for Titania in the second scene that Titania appears in?
4. Who is in love with Demetrius?
5. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
2. What has been happening in the mortal world while the Fairy King and Queen have been fighting?
3. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
4. How does Quince convince Bottom to not take the role of the Lion?
5. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
6. What does Puck say his favorite thing to do is?
7. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
8. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
9. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
10. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)