|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) On a street in Athens.
(b) At Titania's Castle.
(c) In Puck's house.
(d) In the woods.
2. What does Titania's husband want her to awake to after the potion is put on her eyes?
(a) Her servant.
(b) A vile thing.
(c) A mirror.
3. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) In the town square.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the castle.
(d) At the church.
4. What role in the mini-play is Bottom assigned?
(c) The Lion.
5. Whom does Puck meet with at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A Fairy.
(b) A Sprite.
(c) A king.
(d) A queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
2. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who was once a lover of Titania?
5. What has the fighting between the Fairy King and queen caused in the mortal realm?
Short Essay Questions
1. In her famous line in the first scene, what does Helena say love uses when choosing matches?
2. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
3. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
4. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
5. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
6. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
7. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
8. What caused the magical flower to get its powers?
9. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
10. Why is Flute unhappy with his assigned role when he first hears it?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)