|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role in the mini-play is Bottom assigned?
(d) The Lion.
2. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
(b) The Amazon.
3. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
(a) In a few hours.
(b) The next night.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) The next week.
4. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
5. What about Lysander causes Puck to mistake his identity?
(a) His position in the forest.
(b) His closeness to Hermia.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His bearded face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
2. Who does Hermia want to marry?
3. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
4. Who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes?
5. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
2. In her famous line in the first scene, what does Helena say love uses when choosing matches?
3. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
4. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
5. What does Lysander propose he and Hermia do to avoid the punishment laid out for Hermia should she choose to marry him?
6. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
7. What does Helena choose to do when she first hears of Hermia's plan to escape with her true love?
8. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
9. What caused the magical flower to get its powers?
10. Why is Flute unhappy with his assigned role when he first hears it?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)