|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who puts the love potion on Titania's eyes as she sleeps?
(d) Robin Goodfellow.
2. According to the law, what will happen if Hermia refuses to marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be imprisoned.
(b) She will be killed.
(c) She will be banished.
(d) She will be put in a nunnery.
3. Whom does Puck meet with at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A Sprite.
(b) A queen.
(c) A king.
(d) A Fairy.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
(c) The fairy attendants.
5. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
(a) Egeus is Hermia's cousin.
(b) Egeus is Hermia's uncle.
(c) Egeus is Hermia's god-father.
(d) Egeus is Hermia's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
2. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
3. What happened to the flower that Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
4. Who does Hermia want to marry?
5. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
2. What does Helena choose to do when she first hears of Hermia's plan to escape with her true love?
3. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
4. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
5. What does Lysander propose he and Hermia do to avoid the punishment laid out for Hermia should she choose to marry him?
6. Why is Demetrius in the magical wood after dark in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
8. Why is Flute unhappy with his assigned role when he first hears it?
9. Why is Helena so frustrated about having to woo Demetrius?
10. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)