|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part in the mini-play is Snug assigned?
(a) The Wall.
(b) The lion.
(c) Thisbe's father.
2. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
(b) Shows his variety of laughs.
(c) Stands still holding his breath.
3. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
(a) Kidnaps Hermia.
(b) Takes his money.
(c) Puts love potion on his eyes.
(d) Shaves his beard.
4. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
(a) Cupid's arrow.
(b) Athena's gown.
(c) The wings of a fairy,
5. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) In Puck's house.
(b) At Titania's Castle.
(c) On a street in Athens.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the mother of the child Titania has stolen?
2. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
3. Why does Hermia not want Lysander to lie next to her when they are alone in the woods?
4. What work of Shakespeare does the mini-play mirror?
5. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
2. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
3. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
4. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
5. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
6. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
7. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
8. Why does Puck mistake Lysander for Demetrius when he sees him asleep in the wood?
9. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
10. Why is Flute unhappy with his assigned role when he first hears it?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)