|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
(a) He is smart.
(b) He is from noble blood.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He has wooed her well.
2. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be banished.
(b) She will be imprisoned.
(c) She will be put in a nunnery.
(d) She will be killed.
3. What is the genre of the mini-play?
4. Who enters the scene after Puck exits Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Titania and her train of attendants.
(b) Theseus and Hippolyta.
(c) Helena and Demetrius.
(d) Egeus and Hermia.
5. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His popularity among the people.
(c) His acting abilities.
(d) His ability to memorize long pieces of literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
2. Who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes?
3. Who does Puck think Lysander is when he is sleeping in the woods?
4. Why is Demetrius running when he enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
5. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
2. Where do the actors decide to hold their next rehearsal, and why do they choose that spot?
3. In her famous line in the first scene, what does Helena say love uses when choosing matches?
4. What does Oberon tell Puck to do with the love juice after seeing the conversation between Helena and Demetrius?
5. What does Helena choose to do when she first hears of Hermia's plan to escape with her true love?
6. What does Bottom do as Quince assigns all the roles in the mini-play?
7. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
8. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
9. What does Helena think Lysander is really doing after she wakes him up in the woods?
10. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)