|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
2. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
(c) The Lion.
(d) The Wall.
3. Who puts the love potion on Titania's eyes as she sleeps?
(b) Robin Goodfellow.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
(a) The fairy attendants.
5. Who was once Oberon's mistress?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role in the mini-play is Bottom assigned?
2. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
4. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
5. What are the fairies who stay with Titania when she goes to sleep supposed to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Demetrius respond to the news that by law, he can now marry Hermia?
2. Why is Demetrius in the magical wood after dark in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How does the mini-play mirror one of Shakespeare's major works?
4. What does Oberon find that will help him reverse the effects of he love juice?
5. What does Helena choose to do when she first hears of Hermia's plan to escape with her true love?
6. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
7. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Helena say causes her to fall more in love with Demetrius while she is in the wood with him?
8. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
9. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
10. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)