|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
(a) The fairy attendants.
2. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
3. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Play a trick on her.
(b) Sleep with another woman.
(c) Kill her mortal lover.
(d) Cause her to not sleep.
4. Who enters the scene after Puck exits Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Egeus and Hermia.
(b) Theseus and Hippolyta.
(c) Titania and her train of attendants.
(d) Helena and Demetrius.
5. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His popularity among the people.
(b) His ability to memorize long pieces of literature.
(c) His acting abilities.
(d) His wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
2. What are the fairies who stay with Titania when she goes to sleep supposed to do?
3. According to the law, what will happen if Hermia refuses to marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
4. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander in the woods after lamenting her situation?
5. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
Short Essay Questions
1. In her famous line in the first scene, what does Helena say love uses when choosing matches?
2. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
3. What does Helena choose to do when she first hears of Hermia's plan to escape with her true love?
4. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
5. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
6. How does Quince convince Bottom to not take the role of the Lion?
7. What has been happening in the mortal world while the Fairy King and Queen have been fighting?
8. How does Hermia wake up in the woods, and what does she find when she wakes up?
9. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
10. What caused the magical flower to get its powers?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)