|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part in the mini-play is Snug assigned?
(a) Thisbe's father.
(b) The Wall.
(d) The lion.
2. Who enters the scene after Puck exits Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Helena and Demetrius.
(b) Theseus and Hippolyta.
(c) Egeus and Hermia.
(d) Titania and her train of attendants.
3. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
(b) The Amazon.
4. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
(a) Gives a speech in the voice of a woman.
(b) Does a pantomime of a wall.
(c) Displays his gift of memorization.
(d) Roars with all his might.
5. What does Bottom do to prove his bragging is true when he first comes on stage?
(a) Pretends to be a lion.
(b) Lists off all of his friends.
(c) Gives a memorized speech.
(d) Buys everyone a pint of mead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
2. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
3. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
4. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
5. With whom does Titania always enter the stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lysander propose he and Hermia do to avoid the punishment laid out for Hermia should she choose to marry him?
2. What does Bottom do as Quince assigns all the roles in the mini-play?
3. Why is Demetrius in the magical wood after dark in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How does Quince resolve Flute's worries about his assigned role in the mini-play?
5. How does Hermia wake up in the woods, and what does she find when she wakes up?
6. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
7. Why is Helena so in love with Demetrius?
8. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
9. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
10. What is so ironic about Bottom's name?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)