|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His popularity among the people.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His acting abilities.
(d) His ability to memorize long pieces of literature.
2. Who enters the scene after Puck exits Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Theseus and Hippolyta.
(b) Egeus and Hermia.
(c) Titania and her train of attendants.
(d) Helena and Demetrius.
3. Who was once a lover of Titania?
4. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
(a) The part is a woman and he has a beard.
(b) The part is too long and he cannot read.
(c) He will lose his voice trying to roar loud enough.
(d) He is not tall enough to be a good wall.
5. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
(a) The heart of another man.
(b) An Indian child.
(c) Some of his powers.
(d) His crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bottom do to prove his bragging is true when he first comes on stage?
2. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
3. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
5. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
2. What does Bottom do as Quince assigns all the roles in the mini-play?
3. What does Puck say his favorite thing to do is?
4. How is Puck told to harness the power of the magical flower?
5. How do Hippolyta and Theseus feel about their upcoming marriage?
6. What does Hermia insist of Lysander when they start to fall asleep in the wood?
7. In her famous line in the first scene, what does Helena say love uses when choosing matches?
8. How did Titania come across the Indian changeling that she has?
9. How does Titania fall asleep after her long day of journeying and fighting?
10. What does Lysander propose he and Hermia do to avoid the punishment laid out for Hermia should she choose to marry him?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)