|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bottom do to prove his bragging is true when he first comes on stage?
(a) Lists off all of his friends.
(b) Gives a memorized speech.
(c) Pretends to be a lion.
(d) Buys everyone a pint of mead.
2. Who was once Oberon's mistress?
3. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) His fairy attendant.
4. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) On a street in Athens.
(b) At Titania's Castle.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In Puck's house.
5. What is Bottom's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
2. What does Quince say to the man who tries to prove he should have Snug's part in the mini-play?
3. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
5. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Puck say his favorite thing to do is?
2. How does the mini-play mirror one of Shakespeare's major works?
3. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
4. What does Bottom do as Quince assigns all the roles in the mini-play?
5. What does Puck do when he sees the actors rehearsing in the woods?
6. What will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man who Egeus has chosen for her to marry?
7. What does Helena choose to do when she first hears of Hermia's plan to escape with her true love?
8. Who was married in Act 4, Scene 2?
9. Where do the actors hope to perform their mini-play?
10. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)