|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the flower that Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
(a) It changed colors.
(b) It multiplied.
(c) It grew rapidly.
(d) It died.
2. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) At Titania's Castle.
(b) In Puck's house.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On a street in Athens.
3. What do the couple who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes want to do?
4. What is Puck?
(a) A sprite.
(b) A king.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A man.
5. Why does Puck say the Fairy King and Queen should not meet at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The queen is not dressed yet.
(b) Puck is playing a trick on them.
(c) The king is with another woman.
(d) They are quarrelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
2. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does Bottom do to prove his bragging is true when he first comes on stage?
4. What is Starveling's occupation?
5. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander in the woods after lamenting her situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lysander decide to live when Hermia is told to make her decision between marrying Demetrius or going to a convent?
2. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander after she has been abandoned by Demetrius in the wood?
3. What caused the magical flower to get its powers?
4. Why is Snug's part in the mini-play going to be so easy for him to memorize?
5. What does Lysander propose he and Hermia do to avoid the punishment laid out for Hermia should she choose to marry him?
6. What does Thisbe do in the mini-play when she sees Pyramus dead?
7. What does Philostate say about the mini-play when Theseus chooses to see it?
8. What does Theseus do when he finds the two Athenian couples sleeping in the woods?
9. What does Bottom think needs to be explained to the audience at the beginning of their mini-play?
10. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck is resolving the confusion among the Athenians?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)