|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were wed at the end of Act 4?
2. Where did the actors last see their missing fellow?
(a) On a street in Athens.
(b) In the woods.
(c) At his house.
(d) At Quince's house.
3. What are the actors doing at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does Bottom do when he meets Titania's attendants?
(a) Mocks their names.
(c) Exclaims at their beauty.
(d) Laughs with them.
5. Why does Helena call Hermia unkind when she enters Act 3, Scene 2 and sees Lysander and Demetrius praising Helena?
(a) She is angry about her stealing Demetrius's love from her.
(b) She is tired of being second rate to Hermia.
(c) She feels that Hermia got her lost in the woods on purpose.
(d) She thinks Hermia is in on the joke as well.
6. What does Bottom say about his face while he is lounging with Titania?
(a) It is rather furry.
(b) It has strong features.
(c) It seems larger than usual.
(d) It is not handsome enough to be with Titania.
7. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
(b) He did not want to get caught.
(c) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
(d) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
8. What character will be missing in the play if the actors cannot find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
(b) The Lion.
9. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
(a) He loves Helena.
(b) He thought she had left.
(c) He went to get her some food.
(d) He was angry with her.
10. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
11. Who coaches Flute with his lines while they rehearse the mini-play for the second time?
12. What does Bottom insist that their mini-play needs at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A narrator.
(b) An epilogue.
(c) A prologue.
(d) A song.
13. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
(a) A play.
(b) A song.
(c) A comic routine.
(d) A dance.
14. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
(a) Just as the sun rises.
(b) Before Titania wakes up.
(d) After Titania has had her love spell reversed.
15. Where does Act 3 begin?
(a) The woods.
(b) Quince's house.
(d) Theseus's palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
2. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
3. How does Titania feel about Bottom once she awakes and finds him in her bower?
4. What does Titania do with Bottom when her fairy attendants leave her alone with him?
5. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)