|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bottom insist that their mini-play needs at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A prologue.
(b) A narrator.
(c) An epilogue.
(d) A song.
2. Who was married at the same time as Theseus?
(a) Titania and Oberon.
(b) Helena and Demetrius.
(c) Puck and Peasblossom.
(d) Bottom and Cobweb.
3. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
(a) That the deaths are not real.
(b) That it is about love.
(c) That they are not professional actors.
(d) That the lion is really a man.
4. What does Demetrius do when he wakes up to see Helena in the woods?
(a) Decides to fight Lysander for her hand.
(b) Kisses her.
(d) Falls in love with her.
5. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
(a) He tells Lysander he will be hung for this.
(b) He tells Hermia she is no longer his daughter.
(c) He commands her to return home never to leave.
(d) He tells Demetrius she is now his.
6. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
(b) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
(c) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
(d) He did not want to get caught.
7. What does Bottom do when he is left alone after the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(a) Tries to follow his fellow actors.
8. What are the actors doing at the beginning of Act 3?
9. Who does Oberon send Puck to find as he places the love juice on Demetrius's eyes?
10. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
(a) Where he has been.
(b) Why he was so late.
(c) If he can perform.
(d) If he is alright.
11. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Titania's attendants?
12. What does Titania continue to offer Bottom while they are together in the woods?
(b) Rest and comfort.
(c) Water and ointments.
(d) Food and music.
13. What do Hermia and Helena insult about each other as they fight in the woods?
(a) Their selfishness.
(b) Their looks.
(c) Their lack of wealth.
(d) Their age.
14. Who tells the Fairy King about Titania's new love for Bottom?
15. What did Oberon ask Titania to do with the Indian child while she was in love with Bottom?
(a) To give him the Indian child.
(b) To give the Indian child to his mother.
(c) To kill the Indian child.
(d) To let the Indian child go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Puck do to Bottom while he is off-stage during his second rehearsal for the mini-play?
2. What news is brought to the actors at the end of Act 4?
3. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
4. Who is the first to flee the scene when Hermia and Helena are fighting in the woods?
5. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)