|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings the actors some news at the end of Act 4?
2. What does Bottom say about his face while he is lounging with Titania?
(a) It seems larger than usual.
(b) It is not handsome enough to be with Titania.
(c) It has strong features.
(d) It is rather furry.
3. How does Titania feel about Bottom once she awakes and finds him in her bower?
(a) She finds him funny.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She still loves him.
(d) She is furious.
4. What did Oberon tell Puck he had done instead of turning false love true?
(a) Spread sorrow and confusion.
(b) Ended all chances of love.
(c) Turned false love even falser.
(d) Turned true love false.
5. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
(a) He went to get her some food.
(b) He thought she had left.
(c) He loves Helena.
(d) He was angry with her.
6. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The chirping of a bird.
(b) Bottom's singing.
(c) Puck's laughter.
(d) The morning light.
7. What does Bottom do when he meets Titania's attendants?
(a) Exclaims at their beauty.
(b) Laughs with them.
(c) Mocks their names.
8. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
(a) If he can perform.
(b) If he is alright.
(c) Where he has been.
(d) Why he was so late.
9. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Titania's attendants?
10. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) The play will be better than it would have been.
(b) They will have to improvise.
(c) They will find someone else.
(d) The play will be ruined.
11. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
(a) With cold water.
(b) With hunting horns.
(c) With tree branches.
(d) By kicking them.
12. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He did not want to get caught.
(b) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
(c) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
(d) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
13. Which one of the following are not one of the first four characters to enter Act 4, Scene 2?
14. What did Oberon ask Titania to do with the Indian child while she was in love with Bottom?
(a) To give the Indian child to his mother.
(b) To let the Indian child go.
(c) To kill the Indian child.
(d) To give him the Indian child.
15. How does Puck discover that he placed the love potion on the wrong Athenian man?
(a) He sees that the man Helena loves still despises him.
(b) He hears Helena call Lysander by name.
(c) Oberon tells him.
(d) Titania mocks him for his mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
2. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
3. Who does Puck blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
4. What do the other actors do when they see what Puck has done to Bottom during the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
5. Who enters the scene at the very end of Act 4, Scene 2?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)