|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Demetrius do after Hermia leaves to go find Lysander?
(b) Chases after her.
(d) Thinks out a new plan to woo her.
2. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
(a) Fetch him some food.
(b) Scratch his head.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Bring him some water.
3. What does the news brought to the actors at the end of Act 4 mean for their mini-play?
(a) It will be postponed.
(b) It will really be a success.
(c) It is time for it to start.
(d) It has been cancelled.
4. How does Puck discover that he placed the love potion on the wrong Athenian man?
(a) He hears Helena call Lysander by name.
(b) He sees that the man Helena loves still despises him.
(c) Titania mocks him for his mistake.
(d) Oberon tells him.
5. What does Bottom do when he meets Titania's attendants?
(a) Mocks their names.
(b) Laughs with them.
(c) Exclaims at their beauty.
6. Who coaches Flute with his lines while they rehearse the mini-play for the second time?
7. What character will be missing in the play if the actors cannot find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) The Lion.
8. Why does Helena think Lysander and Demetrius are playing a trick on her when she is alone with them in the woods?
(a) They are not in their right minds.
(b) They are fawning over her like they were for Hermia.
(c) They seem to be laughing.
(d) They have teased her like this before.
9. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
(a) That it is about love.
(b) That the lion is really a man.
(c) That they are not professional actors.
(d) That the deaths are not real.
10. Why is Oberon so hateful towards the Indian child?
(a) It is wiser than he is.
(b) It is taking all of his wife's attention.
(c) He fears it will gain too many powers.
(d) He does not approve of changelings.
11. What does Titania continue to offer Bottom while they are together in the woods?
(b) Water and ointments.
(c) Food and music.
(d) Rest and comfort.
12. What does Bottom do when he is left alone after the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(c) Tries to follow his fellow actors.
13. What does Demetrius do when he wakes up to see Helena in the woods?
(a) Decides to fight Lysander for her hand.
(b) Kisses her.
(d) Falls in love with her.
14. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
(a) A song.
(b) A comic routine.
(c) A play.
(d) A dance.
15. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Titania's attendants?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Puck blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
2. What did Oberon tell Puck he had done instead of turning false love true?
3. What does Theseus say when he hears that the two couples want to be married?
4. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
5. Who enters Act 3, Scene 2 as Puck and the Fairy King are discussing Titania's new love?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)