|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
(a) He tells Hermia she is no longer his daughter.
(b) He commands her to return home never to leave.
(c) He tells Lysander he will be hung for this.
(d) He tells Demetrius she is now his.
2. Why is Bottom so surprised at the reaction he gets from the other actors after Puck has enchanted him?
(a) He wanted them to help him.
(b) He did not know they were so cowardly.
(c) He thought they were his friends.
(d) He does not notice the difference.
3. Where does Act 3 begin?
(a) Theseus's palace.
(b) The woods.
(c) Quince's house.
4. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Fetch him some food.
(c) Scratch his head.
(d) Bring him some water.
5. What did Oberon tell Puck he had done instead of turning false love true?
(a) Turned true love false.
(b) Turned false love even falser.
(c) Spread sorrow and confusion.
(d) Ended all chances of love.
6. After Bottom has been enchanted by Puck, who chases the other actors?
7. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
(a) They are trying to elope together.
(b) They are searching for fairies.
(c) They are looking for Hermia.
(d) They are on a hunt.
8. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
(a) He thought she had left.
(b) He went to get her some food.
(c) He was angry with her.
(d) He loves Helena.
9. What did Oberon ask Titania to do with the Indian child while she was in love with Bottom?
(a) To give him the Indian child.
(b) To kill the Indian child.
(c) To let the Indian child go.
(d) To give the Indian child to his mother.
10. What does Demetrius do after Hermia leaves to go find Lysander?
(b) Thinks out a new plan to woo her.
(c) Chases after her.
11. What does Bottom do when he is left alone after the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(b) Tries to follow his fellow actors.
12. Where is Theseus when he asks for a specific form of entertainment?
(a) In the town square of Athens.
(b) In the woods.
(c) At his wedding.
(d) In his house.
13. Who is in Act 4, Scene 1, but unseen by Titania?
14. Who sees the actors rehearsing their play at the beginning of Act 3?
15. How many people were wed at the end of Act 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who coaches Flute with his lines while they rehearse the mini-play for the second time?
2. What does Bottom insist that their mini-play needs at the beginning of Act 3?
3. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
4. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
5. What character will be missing in the play if the actors cannot find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)