|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bottom do when he is left alone after the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(a) Tries to follow his fellow actors.
2. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Puck's laughter.
(b) Bottom's singing.
(c) The morning light.
(d) The chirping of a bird.
3. What does Titania do with Bottom when her fairy attendants leave her alone with him?
4. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
(a) Just as the sun rises.
(b) After Titania has had her love spell reversed.
(d) Before Titania wakes up.
5. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
(a) Watch Titania with Bottom.
(b) Take the Indian baby.
(c) Release Titania from her spell.
(d) Find an herb to reverse the effects of the love juice.
6. Why is Oberon so hateful towards the Indian child?
(a) It is wiser than he is.
(b) He does not approve of changelings.
(c) He fears it will gain too many powers.
(d) It is taking all of his wife's attention.
7. Which if the following is NOT one of the fairy attendants ordered to serve Bottom?
8. What does Bottom ask of Titania while they are together in the woods?
(a) Food and music.
(b) Water and ointments.
(d) Rest and comfort.
9. Why is Bottom so surprised at the reaction he gets from the other actors after Puck has enchanted him?
(a) He does not notice the difference.
(b) He thought they were his friends.
(c) He wanted them to help him.
(d) He did not know they were so cowardly.
10. Where is Act 4, Scene 2 played out?
(a) The woods.
(b) Theseus's castle.
(c) A street in Athens.
(d) Quince's house.
11. How does Titania feel about Bottom once she awakes and finds him in her bower?
(a) She is furious.
(b) She finds him funny.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She still loves him.
12. Who are the characters in Act 4, Scene 2 looking for?
13. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
(a) That the deaths are not real.
(b) That they are not professional actors.
(c) That the lion is really a man.
(d) That it is about love.
14. What happens when Titania first wakes up in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She dresses for the day.
(b) She screams out in fear.
(c) She calls for her husband.
(d) She falls in love with Bottom.
15. What does the news brought to the actors at the end of Act 4 mean for their mini-play?
(a) It is time for it to start.
(b) It will really be a success.
(c) It will be postponed.
(d) It has been cancelled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
2. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
3. After Bottom has been enchanted by Puck, who chases the other actors?
4. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
5. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)