|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Puck discover that he placed the love potion on the wrong Athenian man?
(a) Oberon tells him.
(b) Titania mocks him for his mistake.
(c) He sees that the man Helena loves still despises him.
(d) He hears Helena call Lysander by name.
2. Who does Oberon send Puck to find as he places the love juice on Demetrius's eyes?
3. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
(a) Before Titania wakes up.
(c) Just as the sun rises.
(d) After Titania has had her love spell reversed.
4. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
(a) He went to get her some food.
(b) He was angry with her.
(c) He loves Helena.
(d) He thought she had left.
5. What character will be missing in the play if the actors cannot find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
(c) The Lion.
6. Who is in Act 4, Scene 1, but unseen by Titania?
7. Which if the following is NOT one of the fairy attendants ordered to serve Bottom?
8. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
(a) They are searching for fairies.
(b) They are looking for Hermia.
(c) They are trying to elope together.
(d) They are on a hunt.
9. What are the actors all doing at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(d) Getting into costume.
10. Where is Theseus when he asks for a specific form of entertainment?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the town square of Athens.
(c) At his wedding.
(d) In his house.
11. Who does the Fairy King blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
12. Where did the actors last see their missing fellow?
(a) At his house.
(b) At Quince's house.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On a street in Athens.
13. Why is Oberon so hateful towards the Indian child?
(a) He fears it will gain too many powers.
(b) It is wiser than he is.
(c) It is taking all of his wife's attention.
(d) He does not approve of changelings.
14. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
(a) A dance.
(b) A comic routine.
(c) A play.
(d) A song.
15. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
(a) Scratch his head.
(b) Fetch him some food.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Bring him some water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings the actors some news at the end of Act 4?
2. Who are the characters in Act 4, Scene 2 looking for?
3. What does Theseus say when he hears that the two couples want to be married?
4. What does Demetrius do when he wakes up to see Helena in the woods?
5. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)