|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helena think Lysander and Demetrius are playing a trick on her when she is alone with them in the woods?
(a) They seem to be laughing.
(b) They are not in their right minds.
(c) They have teased her like this before.
(d) They are fawning over her like they were for Hermia.
2. Where is Theseus when he asks for a specific form of entertainment?
(a) In his house.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the town square of Athens.
(d) At his wedding.
3. Why does Hermia think Lysander left her alone in the woods?
(a) He went to get her some food.
(b) He thought she had left him.
(c) Demetrius killed him.
(d) He was frightened away.
4. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
(a) A song.
(b) A play.
(c) A comic routine.
(d) A dance.
5. What inanimate objects must be performed by men in the mini-play?
(a) A tree and a prison wall.
(b) A dress and a goblet of wine.
(c) A wall and moonshine.
(d) A table and a rock.
6. Who does the Fairy King blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
7. What happens when Titania first wakes up in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She calls for her husband.
(b) She screams out in fear.
(c) She falls in love with Bottom.
(d) She dresses for the day.
8. What do the other actors do when they see what Puck has done to Bottom during the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(b) Fight him.
(c) Run away.
(d) Yell at him.
9. Who sees the actors rehearsing their play at the beginning of Act 3?
10. Where does Act 3 begin?
(b) Theseus's palace.
(c) Quince's house.
(d) The woods.
11. What does Titania continue to offer Bottom while they are together in the woods?
(a) Water and ointments.
(c) Rest and comfort.
(d) Food and music.
12. How does Titania feel about Bottom once she awakes and finds him in her bower?
(a) She finds him funny.
(b) She still loves him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is furious.
13. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
(a) Where he has been.
(b) If he is alright.
(c) Why he was so late.
(d) If he can perform.
14. What do Hermia and Helena insult about each other as they fight in the woods?
(a) Their age.
(b) Their selfishness.
(c) Their looks.
(d) Their lack of wealth.
15. What did Oberon tell Puck he had done instead of turning false love true?
(a) Turned false love even falser.
(b) Turned true love false.
(c) Ended all chances of love.
(d) Spread sorrow and confusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Oberon so hateful towards the Indian child?
2. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
3. Who tells the Fairy King about Titania's new love for Bottom?
4. What does Bottom say when he awakens after his night with Titania?
5. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)