|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bottom say when he awakens after his night with Titania?
(a) It was a dream.
(b) He is angry at Titania for leaving him.
(c) He is sad to have it end so soon.
(d) He should be honored.
2. What does Bottom do when he is left alone after the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(c) Tries to follow his fellow actors.
3. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
(a) Theseus's wedding.
(b) To their own joined castle.
(c) To sleep.
4. After Bottom has been enchanted by Puck, who chases the other actors?
5. What does Puck do to Bottom while he is off-stage during his second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(a) Muffles his language.
(b) Gives him the head of an ass.
(c) Causes him to shout everything he says.
(d) Strikes him blind.
6. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
(a) If he is alright.
(b) Why he was so late.
(c) Where he has been.
(d) If he can perform.
7. Who tells the Fairy King about Titania's new love for Bottom?
8. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
(a) Before Titania wakes up.
(c) Just as the sun rises.
(d) After Titania has had her love spell reversed.
9. What are the actors doing at the beginning of Act 3?
10. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Titania's attendants?
11. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
(a) Take the Indian baby.
(b) Watch Titania with Bottom.
(c) Find an herb to reverse the effects of the love juice.
(d) Release Titania from her spell.
12. What did Oberon ask Titania to do with the Indian child while she was in love with Bottom?
(a) To let the Indian child go.
(b) To give him the Indian child.
(c) To kill the Indian child.
(d) To give the Indian child to his mother.
13. Where did the actors last see their missing fellow?
(a) On a street in Athens.
(b) At Quince's house.
(c) In the woods.
(d) At his house.
14. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
(a) He was angry with her.
(b) He loves Helena.
(c) He thought she had left.
(d) He went to get her some food.
15. Why is Oberon so hateful towards the Indian child?
(a) It is wiser than he is.
(b) It is taking all of his wife's attention.
(c) He fears it will gain too many powers.
(d) He does not approve of changelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Puck discover that he placed the love potion on the wrong Athenian man?
2. What does Bottom ask of Titania while they are together in the woods?
3. Who was married at the same time as Theseus?
4. Who sees the actors rehearsing their play at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)