|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news is brought to the actors at the end of Act 4?
(a) The duke is married.
(b) Bottom has been found.
(c) Lysander was thrown in prison.
(d) Snout is injured.
2. Why does Helena call Hermia unkind when she enters Act 3, Scene 2 and sees Lysander and Demetrius praising Helena?
(a) She is tired of being second rate to Hermia.
(b) She thinks Hermia is in on the joke as well.
(c) She feels that Hermia got her lost in the woods on purpose.
(d) She is angry about her stealing Demetrius's love from her.
3. Who tells the Fairy King about Titania's new love for Bottom?
4. Who enters the scene at the very end of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What do the actors think has happened to their missing fellow?
(a) He got lost in a strange city.
(b) He was transported in the woods.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He was thrown in prison.
6. Why does Helena think Lysander and Demetrius are playing a trick on her when she is alone with them in the woods?
(a) They are not in their right minds.
(b) They seem to be laughing.
(c) They are fawning over her like they were for Hermia.
(d) They have teased her like this before.
7. What does Bottom say when he awakens after his night with Titania?
(a) He is sad to have it end so soon.
(b) He is angry at Titania for leaving him.
(c) It was a dream.
(d) He should be honored.
8. Who does Puck blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
(b) Robin Goodfellow.
9. What do the other actors do when they see what Puck has done to Bottom during the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(b) Fight him.
(c) Run away.
(d) Yell at him.
10. Where does Act 3 begin?
(a) The woods.
(c) Theseus's palace.
(d) Quince's house.
11. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
(a) A play.
(b) A dance.
(c) A song.
(d) A comic routine.
12. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
(a) They are looking for Hermia.
(b) They are trying to elope together.
(c) They are searching for fairies.
(d) They are on a hunt.
13. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The morning light.
(b) Puck's laughter.
(c) Bottom's singing.
(d) The chirping of a bird.
14. What is Titania doing at the beginning of Act 3?
15. How is Puck told to lead Lysander and Demetrius away from one another?
(a) Appear as Helena.
(b) Take one by the hand and lead him away.
(c) Cause one to fall asleep.
(d) Mimic the voice of Helena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings the actors some news at the end of Act 4?
2. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
3. Who is the first to flee the scene when Hermia and Helena are fighting in the woods?
4. What does the news brought to the actors at the end of Act 4 mean for their mini-play?
5. What does Demetrius do when he wakes up to see Helena in the woods?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)