|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to flee the scene when Hermia and Helena are fighting in the woods?
2. Who does Oberon send Puck to find as he places the love juice on Demetrius's eyes?
3. What does Theseus say when he hears that the two couples want to be married?
(a) He says they will be married that day.
(b) He says he will do the honor right there in the woods.
(c) He orders Hermia to obey her father.
(d) He says it is not his or Egeus's decision to make.
4. What does Bottom ask of Titania while they are together in the woods?
(b) Water and ointments.
(c) Rest and comfort.
(d) Food and music.
5. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
(b) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
(c) He did not want to get caught.
(d) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
6. What is Titania doing at the beginning of Act 3?
7. What does Bottom say about his face while he is lounging with Titania?
(a) It is rather furry.
(b) It is not handsome enough to be with Titania.
(c) It has strong features.
(d) It seems larger than usual.
8. Who enters Act 3, Scene 2 as Puck and the Fairy King are discussing Titania's new love?
(a) Helena and Hermia.
(b) Lysander and Helena.
(c) Demetrius and Helena.
(d) Hermia and Lysander.
9. What character will be missing in the play if the actors cannot find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
(c) The Lion.
10. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Titania's attendants?
11. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
(a) That the lion is really a man.
(b) That it is about love.
(c) That the deaths are not real.
(d) That they are not professional actors.
12. Where did the actors last see their missing fellow?
(a) In the woods.
(b) At Quince's house.
(c) On a street in Athens.
(d) At his house.
13. How does Puck discover that he placed the love potion on the wrong Athenian man?
(a) Titania mocks him for his mistake.
(b) Oberon tells him.
(c) He hears Helena call Lysander by name.
(d) He sees that the man Helena loves still despises him.
14. Who enters the scene at the very end of Act 4, Scene 2?
15. How do the actors react to the entrance of their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) They are concerned.
(b) They are thrilled.
(c) They are dissappointed.
(d) They are nonplussed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees the actors rehearsing their play at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
3. How many people were wed at the end of Act 4?
4. What happens when Titania first wakes up in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Why does Helena think Lysander and Demetrius are playing a trick on her when she is alone with them in the woods?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)