|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bottom ask of Titania while they are together in the woods?
(a) Food and music.
(b) Water and ointments.
(c) Rest and comfort.
2. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
(a) To sleep.
(b) Theseus's wedding.
(c) To their own joined castle.
3. Who coaches Flute with his lines while they rehearse the mini-play for the second time?
4. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
5. Why does Hermia think Lysander left her alone in the woods?
(a) He was frightened away.
(b) He went to get her some food.
(c) Demetrius killed him.
(d) He thought she had left him.
6. What does Theseus say when he hears that the two couples want to be married?
(a) He says they will be married that day.
(b) He orders Hermia to obey her father.
(c) He says it is not his or Egeus's decision to make.
(d) He says he will do the honor right there in the woods.
7. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
(a) He went to get her some food.
(b) He thought she had left.
(c) He was angry with her.
(d) He loves Helena.
8. Why is Oberon so hateful towards the Indian child?
(a) He fears it will gain too many powers.
(b) It is taking all of his wife's attention.
(c) He does not approve of changelings.
(d) It is wiser than he is.
9. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The morning light.
(b) The chirping of a bird.
(c) Bottom's singing.
(d) Puck's laughter.
10. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Fetch him some food.
(c) Bring him some water.
(d) Scratch his head.
11. What does Bottom say when he awakens after his night with Titania?
(a) He is sad to have it end so soon.
(b) He is angry at Titania for leaving him.
(c) It was a dream.
(d) He should be honored.
12. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
(b) He did not want to get caught.
(c) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
(d) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
13. What are the actors doing at the beginning of Act 3?
14. What inanimate objects must be performed by men in the mini-play?
(a) A wall and moonshine.
(b) A table and a rock.
(c) A tree and a prison wall.
(d) A dress and a goblet of wine.
15. What was Titania dreaming about before she wakes up in the woods with Bottom?
(a) That Puck had been snooping around her bower.
(b) That she was in love with an ass.
(c) That the Indian child had been taken from her.
(d) That Oberon was mocking her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Puck told to lead Lysander and Demetrius away from one another?
2. How does Titania feel about Bottom once she awakes and finds him in her bower?
3. Who are the characters in Act 4, Scene 2 looking for?
4. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
5. Who is the first to flee the scene when Hermia and Helena are fighting in the woods?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)