|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bottom has been enchanted by Puck, who chases the other actors?
2. What are the actors all doing at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Getting into costume.
3. What does Bottom say about his face while he is lounging with Titania?
(a) It is not handsome enough to be with Titania.
(b) It is rather furry.
(c) It seems larger than usual.
(d) It has strong features.
4. What inanimate objects must be performed by men in the mini-play?
(a) A tree and a prison wall.
(b) A table and a rock.
(c) A wall and moonshine.
(d) A dress and a goblet of wine.
5. Which if the following is NOT one of the fairy attendants ordered to serve Bottom?
6. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
(a) Find an herb to reverse the effects of the love juice.
(b) Release Titania from her spell.
(c) Watch Titania with Bottom.
(d) Take the Indian baby.
7. What do Hermia and Helena insult about each other as they fight in the woods?
(a) Their selfishness.
(b) Their lack of wealth.
(c) Their age.
(d) Their looks.
8. Which one of the following are not one of the first four characters to enter Act 4, Scene 2?
9. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
(a) With hunting horns.
(b) By kicking them.
(c) With tree branches.
(d) With cold water.
10. Who sees the actors rehearsing their play at the beginning of Act 3?
11. Who is in Act 4, Scene 1, but unseen by Titania?
12. How does Puck discover that he placed the love potion on the wrong Athenian man?
(a) He sees that the man Helena loves still despises him.
(b) Titania mocks him for his mistake.
(c) He hears Helena call Lysander by name.
(d) Oberon tells him.
13. What does Titania do with Bottom when her fairy attendants leave her alone with him?
14. Who are the characters in Act 4, Scene 2 looking for?
15. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He did not want to get caught.
(b) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
(c) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
(d) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hermia think Lysander left her alone in the woods?
2. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
3. Where does Act 3 begin?
4. Why does Helena call Hermia unkind when she enters Act 3, Scene 2 and sees Lysander and Demetrius praising Helena?
5. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)