|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Theseus when he asks for a specific form of entertainment?
(a) In his house.
(b) In the woods.
(c) At his wedding.
(d) In the town square of Athens.
2. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
3. What are the actors all doing at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(c) Getting into costume.
4. Who tells the Fairy King about Titania's new love for Bottom?
5. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
(a) They are searching for fairies.
(b) They are on a hunt.
(c) They are trying to elope together.
(d) They are looking for Hermia.
6. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Titania's attendants?
7. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
(a) Just as the sun rises.
(b) Before Titania wakes up.
(c) After Titania has had her love spell reversed.
8. What are the actors doing at the beginning of Act 3?
9. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
(a) Why he was so late.
(b) If he can perform.
(c) Where he has been.
(d) If he is alright.
10. Who does Puck blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
(c) Robin Goodfellow.
11. Where did the actors last see their missing fellow?
(a) At his house.
(b) At Quince's house.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On a street in Athens.
12. Who enters Act 3, Scene 2 as Puck and the Fairy King are discussing Titania's new love?
(a) Helena and Hermia.
(b) Demetrius and Helena.
(c) Hermia and Lysander.
(d) Lysander and Helena.
13. Who sees the actors rehearsing their play at the beginning of Act 3?
14. Who enters the scene at the very end of Act 4, Scene 2?
15. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
(b) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
(c) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
(d) He did not want to get caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Act 4, Scene 1, but unseen by Titania?
2. Where is Act 4, Scene 2 played out?
3. Who does Oberon send Puck to find as he places the love juice on Demetrius's eyes?
4. Why does Hermia think Lysander left her alone in the woods?
5. Why is Bottom so surprised at the reaction he gets from the other actors after Puck has enchanted him?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)