|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was married at the same time as Theseus?
(a) Helena and Demetrius.
(b) Puck and Peasblossom.
(c) Titania and Oberon.
(d) Bottom and Cobweb.
2. Who does the Fairy King blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
3. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Bottom's singing.
(b) Puck's laughter.
(c) The chirping of a bird.
(d) The morning light.
4. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
(a) That it is about love.
(b) That the lion is really a man.
(c) That they are not professional actors.
(d) That the deaths are not real.
5. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
(b) Just as the sun rises.
(c) After Titania has had her love spell reversed.
(d) Before Titania wakes up.
6. Which if the following is NOT one of the fairy attendants ordered to serve Bottom?
7. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
(a) If he can perform.
(b) Where he has been.
(c) If he is alright.
(d) Why he was so late.
8. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Scratch his head.
(c) Fetch him some food.
(d) Bring him some water.
9. What does Titania continue to offer Bottom while they are together in the woods?
(a) Food and music.
(c) Rest and comfort.
(d) Water and ointments.
10. What does Theseus say when he hears that the two couples want to be married?
(a) He says it is not his or Egeus's decision to make.
(b) He orders Hermia to obey her father.
(c) He says they will be married that day.
(d) He says he will do the honor right there in the woods.
11. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
(a) A song.
(b) A dance.
(c) A comic routine.
(d) A play.
12. How is Puck told to lead Lysander and Demetrius away from one another?
(a) Mimic the voice of Helena.
(b) Appear as Helena.
(c) Take one by the hand and lead him away.
(d) Cause one to fall asleep.
13. Where is Act 4, Scene 2 played out?
(a) A street in Athens.
(b) Theseus's castle.
(c) Quince's house.
(d) The woods.
14. What does Demetrius do when he wakes up to see Helena in the woods?
(a) Decides to fight Lysander for her hand.
(b) Kisses her.
(d) Falls in love with her.
15. What does Bottom ask of Titania while they are together in the woods?
(a) Rest and comfort.
(c) Food and music.
(d) Water and ointments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters in Act 4, Scene 2 looking for?
2. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
3. What did Oberon ask Titania to do with the Indian child while she was in love with Bottom?
4. Which one of the following are not one of the first four characters to enter Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Titania's attendants?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)