|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
(a) Scratch his head.
(b) Bring him some water.
(c) Fetch him some food.
(d) Sing a song.
2. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
(b) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
(c) He did not want to get caught.
(d) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
3. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
4. What happens when Titania first wakes up in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She screams out in fear.
(b) She calls for her husband.
(c) She falls in love with Bottom.
(d) She dresses for the day.
5. What does Bottom do when he meets Titania's attendants?
(b) Exclaims at their beauty.
(c) Laughs with them.
(d) Mocks their names.
6. How is Puck told to lead Lysander and Demetrius away from one another?
(a) Appear as Helena.
(b) Cause one to fall asleep.
(c) Mimic the voice of Helena.
(d) Take one by the hand and lead him away.
7. Why does Hermia think Lysander left her alone in the woods?
(a) He thought she had left him.
(b) He was frightened away.
(c) He went to get her some food.
(d) Demetrius killed him.
8. Where is Theseus when he asks for a specific form of entertainment?
(a) At his wedding.
(b) In his house.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the town square of Athens.
9. Who is in Act 4, Scene 1, but unseen by Titania?
10. Where did the actors last see their missing fellow?
(a) At his house.
(b) In the woods.
(c) At Quince's house.
(d) On a street in Athens.
11. What are the actors doing at the beginning of Act 3?
12. Who coaches Flute with his lines while they rehearse the mini-play for the second time?
13. What are the actors all doing at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(d) Getting into costume.
14. Who tells the Fairy King about Titania's new love for Bottom?
15. How do the actors react to the entrance of their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) They are thrilled.
(b) They are concerned.
(c) They are nonplussed.
(d) They are dissappointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus say when he hears that the two couples want to be married?
2. Where does Act 3 begin?
3. What does Titania do with Bottom when her fairy attendants leave her alone with him?
4. What does Demetrius do when he wakes up to see Helena in the woods?
5. Who brings the actors some news at the end of Act 4?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)