|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
(a) Bring him some water.
(b) Fetch him some food.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Scratch his head.
2. Who coaches Flute with his lines while they rehearse the mini-play for the second time?
3. Why is Bottom so surprised at the reaction he gets from the other actors after Puck has enchanted him?
(a) He wanted them to help him.
(b) He does not notice the difference.
(c) He did not know they were so cowardly.
(d) He thought they were his friends.
4. Why does Hermia think Lysander left her alone in the woods?
(a) He thought she had left him.
(b) He was frightened away.
(c) He went to get her some food.
(d) Demetrius killed him.
5. What do the other actors do when they see what Puck has done to Bottom during the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(a) Fight him.
(b) Yell at him.
(d) Run away.
6. What is Titania doing at the beginning of Act 3?
7. How many people were wed at the end of Act 4?
8. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
(a) He tells Hermia she is no longer his daughter.
(b) He commands her to return home never to leave.
(c) He tells Demetrius she is now his.
(d) He tells Lysander he will be hung for this.
9. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Puck's laughter.
(b) The chirping of a bird.
(c) The morning light.
(d) Bottom's singing.
10. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
11. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Titania's attendants?
12. What will happen if the actors are unable to find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) They will have to improvise.
(b) The play will be ruined.
(c) They will find someone else.
(d) The play will be better than it would have been.
13. What does Puck do to Bottom while he is off-stage during his second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(a) Muffles his language.
(b) Strikes him blind.
(c) Causes him to shout everything he says.
(d) Gives him the head of an ass.
14. Where does Act 3 begin?
(a) Theseus's palace.
(c) The woods.
(d) Quince's house.
15. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
(b) He did not want to get caught.
(c) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
(d) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Titania feel about Bottom once she awakes and finds him in her bower?
2. What was Titania dreaming about before she wakes up in the woods with Bottom?
3. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
4. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
5. Who brings the actors some news at the end of Act 4?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)