|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
(a) He commands her to return home never to leave.
(b) He tells Lysander he will be hung for this.
(c) He tells Hermia she is no longer his daughter.
(d) He tells Demetrius she is now his.
2. What do the actors ask their missing fellow to tell them?
(a) If he is alright.
(b) If he can perform.
(c) Where he has been.
(d) Why he was so late.
3. What does Demetrius do after Hermia leaves to go find Lysander?
(a) Chases after her.
(c) Thinks out a new plan to woo her.
4. Which if the following is NOT one of the fairy attendants ordered to serve Bottom?
5. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
(a) By kicking them.
(b) With cold water.
(c) With hunting horns.
(d) With tree branches.
6. Who is in Act 4, Scene 1, but unseen by Titania?
7. Where is Theseus when he asks for a specific form of entertainment?
(a) In his house.
(b) At his wedding.
(c) In the town square of Athens.
(d) In the woods.
8. What does Titania continue to offer Bottom while they are together in the woods?
(a) Food and music.
(b) Water and ointments.
(d) Rest and comfort.
9. What did Oberon tell Puck he had done instead of turning false love true?
(a) Spread sorrow and confusion.
(b) Ended all chances of love.
(c) Turned false love even falser.
(d) Turned true love false.
10. Who brings the actors some news at the end of Act 4?
11. Where is Act 4, Scene 2 played out?
(a) Theseus's castle.
(b) The woods.
(c) Quince's house.
(d) A street in Athens.
12. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
(a) A comic routine.
(b) A play.
(c) A dance.
(d) A song.
13. What does Theseus say when he hears that the two couples want to be married?
(a) He orders Hermia to obey her father.
(b) He says he will do the honor right there in the woods.
(c) He says it is not his or Egeus's decision to make.
(d) He says they will be married that day.
14. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
(a) That it is about love.
(b) That the deaths are not real.
(c) That they are not professional actors.
(d) That the lion is really a man.
15. How does Puck discover that he placed the love potion on the wrong Athenian man?
(a) Titania mocks him for his mistake.
(b) He hears Helena call Lysander by name.
(c) Oberon tells him.
(d) He sees that the man Helena loves still despises him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Puck do to Bottom while he is off-stage during his second rehearsal for the mini-play?
2. Where does Act 3 begin?
3. How does Titania feel about Bottom once she awakes and finds him in her bower?
4. What is Titania doing at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What character will be missing in the play if the actors cannot find their missing fellow in Act 4, Scene 2?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)