|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bottom have to be romantic with in the mini-play?
2. Why does Helena think Lysander and Demetrius are playing a trick on her when she is alone with them in the woods?
(a) They are not in their right minds.
(b) They are fawning over her like they were for Hermia.
(c) They have teased her like this before.
(d) They seem to be laughing.
3. Who was married at the same time as Theseus?
(a) Titania and Oberon.
(b) Helena and Demetrius.
(c) Bottom and Cobweb.
(d) Puck and Peasblossom.
4. Who does Oberon send Puck to find as he places the love juice on Demetrius's eyes?
5. What does Bottom do when he is left alone after the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(c) Tries to follow his fellow actors.
6. What is Titania doing at the beginning of Act 3?
7. What do the actors think has happened to their missing fellow?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He got lost in a strange city.
(c) He was transported in the woods.
(d) He was thrown in prison.
8. What does Bottom insist that their mini-play needs at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A song.
(b) A prologue.
(c) A narrator.
(d) An epilogue.
9. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
(b) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
(c) He did not want to get caught.
(d) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
10. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
(a) He tells Lysander he will be hung for this.
(b) He commands her to return home never to leave.
(c) He tells Demetrius she is now his.
(d) He tells Hermia she is no longer his daughter.
11. Why is Bottom so surprised at the reaction he gets from the other actors after Puck has enchanted him?
(a) He thought they were his friends.
(b) He did not know they were so cowardly.
(c) He wanted them to help him.
(d) He does not notice the difference.
12. Why is Oberon so hateful towards the Indian child?
(a) He does not approve of changelings.
(b) He fears it will gain too many powers.
(c) It is wiser than he is.
(d) It is taking all of his wife's attention.
13. What did Oberon tell Puck he had done instead of turning false love true?
(a) Spread sorrow and confusion.
(b) Turned true love false.
(c) Turned false love even falser.
(d) Ended all chances of love.
14. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
(a) With cold water.
(b) By kicking them.
(c) With hunting horns.
(d) With tree branches.
15. Which if the following is NOT one of the fairy attendants ordered to serve Bottom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
2. What form of entertainment has Theseus asked for?
3. What does the news brought to the actors at the end of Act 4 mean for their mini-play?
4. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Titania's attendants?
5. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)