|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Fairy King blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
2. What does Bottom insist that their mini-play needs at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A prologue.
(b) A song.
(c) An epilogue.
(d) A narrator.
3. Why did Puck chase away the other actors after he changed Bottom's head into that of an ass?
(a) He did not want to get caught.
(b) He wanted to place enchantments on them as well.
(c) He wanted Titania to only see Bottom.
(d) He did not want them to tell Bottom about his new head.
4. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
(a) That they are not professional actors.
(b) That the deaths are not real.
(c) That the lion is really a man.
(d) That it is about love.
5. Who enters the scene at the very end of Act 4, Scene 2?
6. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
(a) By kicking them.
(b) With cold water.
(c) With hunting horns.
(d) With tree branches.
7. What do Hermia and Helena insult about each other as they fight in the woods?
(a) Their looks.
(b) Their age.
(c) Their selfishness.
(d) Their lack of wealth.
8. What was Titania dreaming about before she wakes up in the woods with Bottom?
(a) That Oberon was mocking her.
(b) That Puck had been snooping around her bower.
(c) That she was in love with an ass.
(d) That the Indian child had been taken from her.
9. What does Demetrius do when he wakes up to see Helena in the woods?
(a) Decides to fight Lysander for her hand.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Falls in love with her.
10. What does Demetrius do after Hermia leaves to go find Lysander?
(a) Chases after her.
(c) Thinks out a new plan to woo her.
11. What does Bottom do when he is left alone after the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(b) Tries to follow his fellow actors.
12. What are the actors all doing at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(c) Getting into costume.
13. Who sees the actors rehearsing their play at the beginning of Act 3?
14. Who does Puck blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
(c) Robin Goodfellow.
15. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
(a) After Titania has had her love spell reversed.
(b) Before Titania wakes up.
(c) Just as the sun rises.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following are not one of the first four characters to enter Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What reason does Lysander give Hermia for leaving her alone in the woods?
3. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
4. What does Titania do with Bottom when her fairy attendants leave her alone with him?
5. What happens when Titania first wakes up in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)