|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Puck discover that he placed the love potion on the wrong Athenian man?
(a) He sees that the man Helena loves still despises him.
(b) Oberon tells him.
(c) He hears Helena call Lysander by name.
(d) Titania mocks him for his mistake.
2. Who sees the actors rehearsing their play at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
(a) They are trying to elope together.
(b) They are looking for Hermia.
(c) They are searching for fairies.
(d) They are on a hunt.
4. Who does the Fairy King blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
5. Where is Act 4, Scene 2 played out?
(a) Theseus's castle.
(b) Quince's house.
(c) The woods.
(d) A street in Athens.
6. What do the other actors do when they see what Puck has done to Bottom during the second rehearsal for the mini-play?
(b) Yell at him.
(c) Fight him.
(d) Run away.
7. What does Bottom do when he meets Titania's attendants?
(a) Exclaims at their beauty.
(b) Laughs with them.
(c) Mocks their names.
8. Who coaches Flute with his lines while they rehearse the mini-play for the second time?
9. Who was married at the same time as Theseus?
(a) Helena and Demetrius.
(b) Titania and Oberon.
(c) Puck and Peasblossom.
(d) Bottom and Cobweb.
10. Which one of the following are not one of the first four characters to enter Act 4, Scene 2?
11. What is Titania doing at the beginning of Act 3?
12. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
(a) By kicking them.
(b) With hunting horns.
(c) With tree branches.
(d) With cold water.
13. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
(a) He tells Lysander he will be hung for this.
(b) He commands her to return home never to leave.
(c) He tells Hermia she is no longer his daughter.
(d) He tells Demetrius she is now his.
14. Where do Titania and Oberon plan to go after they are reconciled?
(b) To sleep.
(c) Theseus's wedding.
(d) To their own joined castle.
15. Who does Puck blame for the contention among the four lovers of Athens?
(b) Robin Goodfellow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bottom feel needs to be explained to all the audiences who see their mini-play?
2. After Bottom has been enchanted by Puck, who chases the other actors?
3. What does Puck do to Bottom while he is off-stage during his second rehearsal for the mini-play?
4. How does Titania feel about Bottom once she awakes and finds him in her bower?
5. What does Bottom ask Cobweb to do for him while he is with Titania?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)