|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snug's assigned role in the mini-play mostly consist of?
(b) Standing still.
(c) Dancing about the stage.
2. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
3. Who does Oberon ask to help him in his plot to punish his wife?
(c) His fairy attendants.
4. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
(a) He is smart.
(b) He has wooed her well.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He is from noble blood.
5. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
(a) She sees Lysander.
(b) She hurt her foot.
(c) She is too tired.
(d) She is heart broken.
6. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
(a) The next night.
(b) In a few hours.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) The next week.
7. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
(a) He stands on a stool.
(b) They say the lion will be known as a timid lion.
(c) He wears a mask.
(d) They allow him to improvise.
8. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
(a) Some of his powers.
(b) His crown.
(c) An Indian child.
(d) The heart of another man.
9. How many fairies remain with Titania when she goes to sleep?
10. What can now be done with the flower Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
(a) It can be used as a love potion.
(b) It can show its holder the near future.
(c) It can put people to sleep.
(d) It can be used to give great power to someone.
11. What will happen on the same day that Hermia announces her decision about whom to marry?
(a) Her reputation will either be enhanced or tarnished.
(b) Her sentence will be placed on her.
(c) Theseus will get married.
(d) The war will officially be over.
12. What has the fighting between the Fairy King and queen caused in the mortal realm?
(a) Plagues on the food.
(b) Floods and an early change of seasons.
(c) Earthquakes and tidal waves.
13. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
(a) Shows his variety of laughs.
(b) Stands still holding his breath.
14. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His popularity among the people.
(b) His ability to memorize long pieces of literature.
(c) His acting abilities.
(d) His wealth.
15. What about Lysander causes Puck to mistake his identity?
(a) His bearded face.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His position in the forest.
(d) His closeness to Hermia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flute's first name?
2. According to the law, what will happen if Hermia refuses to marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
3. With whom does Titania always enter the stage?
4. What work of Shakespeare does the mini-play mirror?
5. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)