|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hermia not want Lysander to lie next to her when they are alone in the woods?
(a) She is mad at him.
(b) She does not want to be found with him.
(c) She does not feel beautiful.
(d) She wants to remain chaste.
2. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Melting frost.
(b) Painting flowers.
(c) Sprinkling dew drops.
(d) Planting sun beams.
3. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
(a) She should obey his command.
(b) She looks lovely.
(c) She should not have slept so late.
(d) She did not keep her promise to him.
4. What about Lysander causes Puck to mistake his identity?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His bearded face.
(c) His closeness to Hermia.
(d) His position in the forest.
5. Where is the mini-play rehearsed?
(a) Bottoms's house.
(b) Quince's house.
(c) Flute's house.
(d) Ping's house.
6. What are the fairies who stay with Titania when she goes to sleep supposed to do?
(a) Keep her husband from finding her.
(b) Lay next to her.
(c) Continue singing for her.
(d) Stand guard.
7. What happened to the mother of the child Titania has stolen?
(a) She died.
(b) She forgot all about him.
(c) She begged Titania to take him.
(d) She is in prison.
8. Whom does Puck meet with at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A Sprite.
(b) A king.
(c) A Fairy.
(d) A queen.
9. What is Bottom's first name?
10. Who is in love with Demetrius?
11. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Lock Hermia in her room so she will not be punished for eloping.
(b) Continue to try and woo Theseus.
(c) Run away with Lysander before Hermia meets him.
(d) Tell Demetrius about Hermia's plan to elope.
12. Who was once Oberon's mistress?
13. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
(b) The Amazon.
14. What work of Shakespeare does the mini-play mirror?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) As You Like It.
15. What is the genre of the mini-play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
2. How long does Theseus have until he is married to his fiance at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Snug's assigned role in the mini-play mostly consist of?
4. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
5. What role in the mini-play is Bottom assigned?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)