|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Puck?
(a) A king.
(b) A man.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A sprite.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
(d) The fairy attendants.
3. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
4. Who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes?
(a) Lysander and Hermia.
(b) Puck and Peasbottom.
(c) Helena and Demetrius.
(d) Hippolyta and Theseus.
5. What happened to the mother of the child Titania has stolen?
(a) She forgot all about him.
(b) She is in prison.
(c) She died.
(d) She begged Titania to take him.
6. What do the fairies sing for Titania in the second scene that Titania appears in?
(a) A story.
(b) A poem.
(c) A lullaby.
(d) A gentle melody.
7. What role in the mini-play is Bottom assigned?
(b) The Lion.
8. Who is assigning all the actors to their part in the mini-play?
9. What are the fairies who stay with Titania when she goes to sleep supposed to do?
(a) Keep her husband from finding her.
(b) Lay next to her.
(c) Stand guard.
(d) Continue singing for her.
10. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
(b) The wings of a fairy,
(c) Cupid's arrow.
(d) Athena's gown.
11. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
(a) She is heart broken.
(b) She is too tired.
(c) She sees Lysander.
(d) She hurt her foot.
12. Who was once a lover of Titania?
13. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Lock Hermia in her room so she will not be punished for eloping.
(b) Run away with Lysander before Hermia meets him.
(c) Tell Demetrius about Hermia's plan to elope.
(d) Continue to try and woo Theseus.
14. Where does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
(a) Demetrius's house.
(b) A city street.
(c) The woods.
(d) Theseus's palace.
15. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Sprinkling dew drops.
(b) Painting flowers.
(c) Planting sun beams.
(d) Melting frost.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Theseus meet his future bride?
2. According to the law, what will happen if Hermia refuses to marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
3. What part in the mini-play is Snug assigned?
4. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
5. What does Hermia say she would rather do than marry the man chosen for her by Egeus?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)