|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) At Titania's Castle.
(b) In Puck's house.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On a street in Athens.
2. Why does Puck say the Fairy King and Queen should not meet at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The king is with another woman.
(b) The queen is not dressed yet.
(c) They are quarrelling.
(d) Puck is playing a trick on them.
3. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
(a) She looks lovely.
(b) She should obey his command.
(c) She did not keep her promise to him.
(d) She should not have slept so late.
4. What role in the mini-play is Bottom assigned?
(a) The Lion.
5. What is the genre of the mini-play?
6. What does Hermia say she would rather do than marry the man chosen for her by Egeus?
(a) Go to a convent.
(b) Leave her homeland.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Go to prison.
7. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
(a) Egeus is Hermia's uncle.
(b) Egeus is Hermia's father.
(c) Egeus is Hermia's god-father.
(d) Egeus is Hermia's cousin.
8. What is Starveling's occupation?
9. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Planting sun beams.
(b) Melting frost.
(c) Painting flowers.
(d) Sprinkling dew drops.
10. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
(a) He stands on a stool.
(b) They allow him to improvise.
(c) They say the lion will be known as a timid lion.
(d) He wears a mask.
11. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His ability to memorize long pieces of literature.
(b) His popularity among the people.
(c) His acting abilities.
(d) His wealth.
12. What wakes Hermia while she is sleeping in the wood?
(a) A nightmare.
(c) The noise of Helena's conversation with Lysander.
(d) The song of a bird.
13. How does Puck say he entertains the King of the Fairies?
(b) Singing songs.
(c) Pulling pranks.
(d) Writing poetry.
14. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
(a) On the street.
(b) At Quince's house.
(c) On the castle stage.
(d) In the woods.
15. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His fairy attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the actors of the mini-play hope to perform?
2. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
3. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
4. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
5. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)