|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Puck?
(a) A fairy.
(b) A king.
(c) A man.
(d) A sprite.
2. What does Hermia say about true love in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) It is a cruel joke on the heart.
(b) It never runs smoothly.
(c) It is impossible to attain.
(d) It is always inconvenient.
3. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Lock Hermia in her room so she will not be punished for eloping.
(b) Tell Demetrius about Hermia's plan to elope.
(c) Run away with Lysander before Hermia meets him.
(d) Continue to try and woo Theseus.
4. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
(c) Stands still holding his breath.
(d) Shows his variety of laughs.
5. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
6. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
7. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
(a) On the street.
(b) At Quince's house.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On the castle stage.
8. How long does Theseus have until he is married to his fiance at the beginning of the play?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 4 months.
9. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Planting sun beams.
(b) Melting frost.
(c) Sprinkling dew drops.
(d) Painting flowers.
10. Who is assigning all the actors to their part in the mini-play?
11. Why does Puck say the Fairy King and Queen should not meet at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) They are quarrelling.
(b) The queen is not dressed yet.
(c) The king is with another woman.
(d) Puck is playing a trick on them.
12. What has the fighting between the Fairy King and queen caused in the mortal realm?
(a) Plagues on the food.
(b) Earthquakes and tidal waves.
(c) Floods and an early change of seasons.
13. How does Puck say he entertains the King of the Fairies?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Pulling pranks.
(c) Singing songs.
14. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
(a) An Indian child.
(b) Some of his powers.
(c) The heart of another man.
(d) His crown.
15. What about Lysander causes Puck to mistake his identity?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His position in the forest.
(c) His bearded face.
(d) His closeness to Hermia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bottom's first name?
2. How did Theseus meet his future bride?
3. Whom does Puck meet with at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
5. What happened to the flower that Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)