|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
(a) Theseus's palace.
(b) The woods.
(c) Demetrius's house.
(d) A city street.
2. Who is Helena in love with?
3. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sleep with another woman.
(b) Play a trick on her.
(c) Kill her mortal lover.
(d) Cause her to not sleep.
4. Where do the actors of the mini-play hope to perform?
(a) On the street corner.
(b) Theseus's wedding.
(c) At mass.
(d) At the carnival.
5. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
(a) The next week.
(b) In a few hours.
(c) The next night.
(d) In the middle of the night.
6. What happened to the flower that Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
(a) It multiplied.
(b) It grew rapidly.
(c) It died.
(d) It changed colors.
7. What is Bottom's first name?
8. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
(a) Displays his gift of memorization.
(b) Gives a speech in the voice of a woman.
(c) Roars with all his might.
(d) Does a pantomime of a wall.
9. Where is the mini-play rehearsed?
(a) Flute's house.
(b) Bottoms's house.
(c) Quince's house.
(d) Ping's house.
10. What wakes Hermia while she is sleeping in the wood?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) The noise of Helena's conversation with Lysander.
(d) The song of a bird.
11. What is Starveling's occupation?
12. Who is assigning all the actors to their part in the mini-play?
13. Who interrupts the conversation between Hermia and Lysander at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
14. What does the Fairy King tell his wife she must do in order to stop the strife between them?
(a) Fire her new fairy attendants.
(b) Stop courting other men.
(c) Return to live with him.
(d) Return the child she has stolen.
15. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In Puck's house.
(c) At Titania's Castle.
(d) On a street in Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the couple who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes want to do?
2. What about Lysander causes Puck to mistake his identity?
3. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
4. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
5. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)