|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
2. Who says they would be better at the part Flute has been assigned in the mini-play?
3. According to the law, what will happen if Hermia refuses to marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be banished.
(b) She will be put in a nunnery.
(c) She will be killed.
(d) She will be imprisoned.
4. What is Puck?
(a) A fairy.
(b) A king.
(c) A man.
(d) A sprite.
5. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
(a) At Quince's house.
(b) On the street.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On the castle stage.
6. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
(a) To prepare for the winter.
(b) To pay their taxes.
(c) To rejoice for the end of the war.
(d) To celebrate his wedding.
7. What happened to the flower that Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
(a) It died.
(b) It grew rapidly.
(c) It multiplied.
(d) It changed colors.
8. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
(b) The Wall.
(d) The Lion.
9. What do the couple who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes want to do?
10. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Painting flowers.
(b) Sprinkling dew drops.
(c) Melting frost.
(d) Planting sun beams.
11. What do the fairies sing for Titania in the second scene that Titania appears in?
(a) A story.
(b) A poem.
(c) A lullaby.
(d) A gentle melody.
12. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
(a) Cupid's arrow.
(b) Athena's gown.
(d) The wings of a fairy,
13. What is Starveling's occupation?
14. What is Theseus's future bride's name?
15. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
(c) The Amazon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can now be done with the flower Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
2. What is Flute's first name?
3. Who does Puck think Lysander is when he is sleeping in the woods?
4. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
5. Who interrupts the conversation between Hermia and Lysander at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)