|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for Puck?
(a) Jack Frost.
(c) Robin Goodfellow.
2. What do the fairies sing for Titania in the second scene that Titania appears in?
(a) A poem.
(b) A lullaby.
(c) A story.
(d) A gentle melody.
3. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
4. Where do the actors of the mini-play hope to perform?
(a) On the street corner.
(b) At the carnival.
(c) At mass.
(d) Theseus's wedding.
5. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
(a) The Wall.
(c) The Lion.
6. What will happen on the same day that Hermia announces her decision about whom to marry?
(a) Her sentence will be placed on her.
(b) Her reputation will either be enhanced or tarnished.
(c) The war will officially be over.
(d) Theseus will get married.
7. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
(a) Does a pantomime of a wall.
(b) Roars with all his might.
(c) Gives a speech in the voice of a woman.
(d) Displays his gift of memorization.
8. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
(a) She looks lovely.
(b) She should not have slept so late.
(c) She should obey his command.
(d) She did not keep her promise to him.
9. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
(a) They allow him to improvise.
(b) They say the lion will be known as a timid lion.
(c) He stands on a stool.
(d) He wears a mask.
10. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
(a) The Amazon.
11. What wakes Hermia while she is sleeping in the wood?
(b) A nightmare.
(c) The noise of Helena's conversation with Lysander.
(d) The song of a bird.
12. How does Puck say he entertains the King of the Fairies?
(b) Singing songs.
(c) Pulling pranks.
(d) Writing poetry.
13. What is Bottom's first name?
14. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
(c) The fairy attendants.
15. Why does Demetrius want Lysander to leave Hermia alone?
(a) Lysander's wooing will get Hermia banished.
(b) Hermia does not want Lysander.
(c) Demetrius wants Hermia for himself.
(d) Lysander has a bad reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Puck meet with at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
3. What does Titania's husband want her to awake to after the potion is put on her eyes?
4. Who was once a lover of Titania?
5. Who does Oberon ask to help him in his plot to punish his wife?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)