|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
(a) Egeus is Hermia's cousin.
(b) Egeus is Hermia's uncle.
(c) Egeus is Hermia's god-father.
(d) Egeus is Hermia's father.
2. Who is Helena in love with?
3. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
(a) He wears a mask.
(b) He stands on a stool.
(c) They say the lion will be known as a timid lion.
(d) They allow him to improvise.
4. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) At the church.
(b) In the castle.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the town square.
5. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
(a) He is not tall enough to be a good wall.
(b) He will lose his voice trying to roar loud enough.
(c) The part is too long and he cannot read.
(d) The part is a woman and he has a beard.
6. What happened to the flower that Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
(a) It changed colors.
(b) It grew rapidly.
(c) It multiplied.
(d) It died.
7. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
(a) Cupid's arrow.
(b) The wings of a fairy,
(d) Athena's gown.
8. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
(a) To celebrate his wedding.
(b) To prepare for the winter.
(c) To pay their taxes.
(d) To rejoice for the end of the war.
9. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Kill her mortal lover.
(b) Sleep with another woman.
(c) Play a trick on her.
(d) Cause her to not sleep.
10. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His ability to memorize long pieces of literature.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His acting abilities.
(d) His popularity among the people.
11. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
(a) His crown.
(b) Some of his powers.
(c) The heart of another man.
(d) An Indian child.
12. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
(a) The Lion.
(c) The Wall.
13. What is Starveling's occupation?
14. What work of Shakespeare does the mini-play mirror?
(a) As You Like It.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
15. Where is the mini-play rehearsed?
(a) Bottoms's house.
(b) Flute's house.
(c) Ping's house.
(d) Quince's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the couple who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes want to do?
2. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
3. What will happen on the same day that Hermia announces her decision about whom to marry?
4. What does Oberon plan to use the magic flower for in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who does Hermia want to marry?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)