|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can now be done with the flower Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
(a) It can show its holder the near future.
(b) It can put people to sleep.
(c) It can be used to give great power to someone.
(d) It can be used as a love potion.
2. What about Lysander causes Puck to mistake his identity?
(a) His closeness to Hermia.
(b) His bearded face.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His position in the forest.
3. How does Titania get to sleep at the end of a long night?
(a) She takes a sleeping draught.
(b) Her attendants sing her to sleep.
(c) She lays on a bed of flowers and blossoms.
(d) Puck puts a spell on her.
4. What does the Fairy King tell his wife she must do in order to stop the strife between them?
(a) Fire her new fairy attendants.
(b) Return to live with him.
(c) Stop courting other men.
(d) Return the child she has stolen.
5. Who does Puck think Lysander is when he is sleeping in the woods?
6. What does Hermia say she would rather do than marry the man chosen for her by Egeus?
(a) Go to a convent.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Go to prison.
(d) Leave her homeland.
7. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
(a) Kidnaps Hermia.
(b) Shaves his beard.
(c) Takes his money.
(d) Puts love potion on his eyes.
8. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
(d) The fairy attendants.
9. Why is Demetrius running when he enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
(a) He wanted to be out of the woods before night fell.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is trying to get away from Helena.
(d) He is trying to find Helena.
10. According to the law, what will happen if Hermia refuses to marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be imprisoned.
(b) She will be killed.
(c) She will be banished.
(d) She will be put in a nunnery.
11. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
(a) The Wall.
(c) The Lion.
12. What will happen on the same day that Hermia announces her decision about whom to marry?
(a) The war will officially be over.
(b) Her reputation will either be enhanced or tarnished.
(c) Her sentence will be placed on her.
(d) Theseus will get married.
13. What work of Shakespeare does the mini-play mirror?
(b) As You Like It.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
14. What are the fairies who stay with Titania when she goes to sleep supposed to do?
(a) Lay next to her.
(b) Stand guard.
(c) Continue singing for her.
(d) Keep her husband from finding her.
15. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Kill her mortal lover.
(b) Cause her to not sleep.
(c) Play a trick on her.
(d) Sleep with another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
2. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
3. Who does Oberon ask to help him in his plot to punish his wife?
4. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
5. What is the genre of the mini-play?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)