|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part in the mini-play is Snug assigned?
(b) The lion.
(c) Thisbe's father.
(d) The Wall.
2. Where does Lysander choose to move after Hermia is told to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) To Athens.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To live at the castle.
(d) To live with his aunt.
3. Who is Helena in love with?
4. Who does Puck think Lysander is when he is sleeping in the woods?
5. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
(a) They say the lion will be known as a timid lion.
(b) They allow him to improvise.
(c) He wears a mask.
(d) He stands on a stool.
6. What has the fighting between the Fairy King and queen caused in the mortal realm?
(a) Floods and an early change of seasons.
(c) Earthquakes and tidal waves.
(d) Plagues on the food.
7. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
(d) The Amazon.
8. Where does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
(a) Theseus's palace.
(b) Demetrius's house.
(c) A city street.
(d) The woods.
9. What is Flute's first name?
10. Whom does Puck meet with at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A king.
(b) A Fairy.
(c) A Sprite.
(d) A queen.
11. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
(b) The fairy attendants.
12. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander in the woods after lamenting her situation?
(a) He falls in love with her.
(b) He seems to be very sick.
(c) He yells at her to leave him alone.
(d) He pledges to help her woo Demetrius.
13. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
(a) To rejoice for the end of the war.
(b) To celebrate his wedding.
(c) To pay their taxes.
(d) To prepare for the winter.
14. How many fairies remain with Titania when she goes to sleep?
15. Who was once a lover of Titania?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oberon plan to use the magic flower for in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
3. Where is the mini-play rehearsed?
4. Why does Hermia not want Lysander to lie next to her when they are alone in the woods?
5. How did Theseus meet his future bride?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)