|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
(a) He is wealthy.
(b) He is from noble blood.
(c) He has wooed her well.
(d) He is smart.
2. What does Titania's husband want her to awake to after the potion is put on her eyes?
(a) Her servant.
(b) A vile thing.
(d) A mirror.
3. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be put in a nunnery.
(b) She will be killed.
(c) She will be imprisoned.
(d) She will be banished.
4. What role in the mini-play is Bottom assigned?
(b) The Lion.
5. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
(c) The Amazon.
6. What about Lysander causes Puck to mistake his identity?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His closeness to Hermia.
(c) His bearded face.
(d) His position in the forest.
7. With whom does Titania always enter the stage?
(a) Her attendants.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her husband.
8. How did Theseus meet his future bride?
(a) At a ball.
(b) On the street.
(c) In the war.
(d) At a council.
9. Who puts the love potion on Titania's eyes as she sleeps?
(b) Robin Goodfellow.
10. Who is assigning all the actors to their part in the mini-play?
11. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
(a) He wears a mask.
(b) They say the lion will be known as a timid lion.
(c) They allow him to improvise.
(d) He stands on a stool.
12. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) She hurt her foot.
(c) She is heart broken.
(d) She sees Lysander.
13. What happened to the flower that Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
(a) It grew rapidly.
(b) It multiplied.
(c) It changed colors.
(d) It died.
14. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
(a) Egeus is Hermia's god-father.
(b) Egeus is Hermia's father.
(c) Egeus is Hermia's uncle.
(d) Egeus is Hermia's cousin.
15. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) At Titania's Castle.
(b) In Puck's house.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On a street in Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is Starveling's occupation?
3. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
5. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)