|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
(b) Stands still holding his breath.
(c) Shows his variety of laughs.
2. Who enters the scene after Puck exits Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Helena and Demetrius.
(b) Theseus and Hippolyta.
(c) Egeus and Hermia.
(d) Titania and her train of attendants.
3. What do the couple who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes want to do?
4. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) In the woods.
(b) At the church.
(c) In the castle.
(d) In the town square.
5. How does Titania get to sleep at the end of a long night?
(a) Her attendants sing her to sleep.
(b) Puck puts a spell on her.
(c) She lays on a bed of flowers and blossoms.
(d) She takes a sleeping draught.
6. What work of Shakespeare does the mini-play mirror?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) As You Like It.
7. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
(a) She should obey his command.
(b) She did not keep her promise to him.
(c) She should not have slept so late.
(d) She looks lovely.
8. What do the fairies sing for Titania in the second scene that Titania appears in?
(a) A poem.
(b) A lullaby.
(c) A gentle melody.
(d) A story.
9. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
10. What does Snug's assigned role in the mini-play mostly consist of?
(c) Standing still.
(d) Dancing about the stage.
11. How many fairies remain with Titania when she goes to sleep?
12. Who is in love with Demetrius?
13. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
(a) To rejoice for the end of the war.
(b) To pay their taxes.
(c) To prepare for the winter.
(d) To celebrate his wedding.
14. What role in the mini-play is Bottom assigned?
(b) The Lion.
15. What does Hermia say about true love in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) It is a cruel joke on the heart.
(b) It is always inconvenient.
(c) It never runs smoothly.
(d) It is impossible to attain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
2. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
4. Where is the mini-play rehearsed?
5. What about Lysander causes Puck to mistake his identity?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)