Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Flute's first name?
2. Who does Puck think Lysander is when he is sleeping in the woods?
3. What wakes Hermia while she is sleeping in the wood?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) The noise of Helena's conversation with Lysander.
(d) The song of a bird.
4. How does Titania get to sleep at the end of a long night?
(a) She lays on a bed of flowers and blossoms.
(b) Her attendants sing her to sleep.
(c) Puck puts a spell on her.
(d) She takes a sleeping draught.
5. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
(a) The wings of a fairy,
(c) Athena's gown.
(d) Cupid's arrow.
6. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
(a) Lying to her.
(b) Being too gentle-hearted.
(c) Being a hypocrite.
(d) Sleeping with other women.
7. Who says they would be better at the part Flute has been assigned in the mini-play?
8. What does Titania's husband want her to awake to after the potion is put on her eyes?
(b) Her servant.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A vile thing.
9. Why is Demetrius running when he enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
(a) He is trying to get away from Helena.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He wanted to be out of the woods before night fell.
(d) He is trying to find Helena.
10. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be put in a nunnery.
(b) She will be killed.
(c) She will be imprisoned.
(d) She will be banished.
11. What is another name for Puck?
(b) Robin Goodfellow.
(d) Jack Frost.
12. What is Bottom's first name?
13. What does Hermia say she would rather do than marry the man chosen for her by Egeus?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Leave her homeland.
(c) Go to a convent.
(d) Go to prison.
14. Where does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
(a) The woods.
(b) Theseus's palace.
(c) A city street.
(d) Demetrius's house.
15. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His acting abilities.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His popularity among the people.
(d) His ability to memorize long pieces of literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. Who puts the love potion on Titania's eyes as she sleeps?
4. Who was once a lover of Titania?
5. Why does Demetrius want Lysander to leave Hermia alone?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)