|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
(a) Being a hypocrite.
(b) Being too gentle-hearted.
(c) Sleeping with other women.
(d) Lying to her.
2. What does Bottom do to prove his bragging is true when he first comes on stage?
(a) Gives a memorized speech.
(b) Buys everyone a pint of mead.
(c) Lists off all of his friends.
(d) Pretends to be a lion.
3. Who does Oberon ask to help him in his plot to punish his wife?
(b) His fairy attendants.
4. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
(a) An Indian child.
(b) Some of his powers.
(c) His crown.
(d) The heart of another man.
5. What role in the mini-play is Bottom assigned?
(a) The Lion.
6. Who is assigning all the actors to their part in the mini-play?
7. What is Starveling's occupation?
8. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
(a) Takes his money.
(b) Kidnaps Hermia.
(c) Puts love potion on his eyes.
(d) Shaves his beard.
9. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
10. What does Hermia say about true love in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) It is impossible to attain.
(b) It never runs smoothly.
(c) It is a cruel joke on the heart.
(d) It is always inconvenient.
11. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Melting frost.
(b) Planting sun beams.
(c) Painting flowers.
(d) Sprinkling dew drops.
12. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His fairy attendant.
13. Why does Hermia not want Lysander to lie next to her when they are alone in the woods?
(a) She does not feel beautiful.
(b) She does not want to be found with him.
(c) She wants to remain chaste.
(d) She is mad at him.
14. How did Theseus meet his future bride?
(a) In the war.
(b) On the street.
(c) At a council.
(d) At a ball.
15. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be imprisoned.
(b) She will be banished.
(c) She will be killed.
(d) She will be put in a nunnery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Puck?
2. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
3. What is another name for Puck?
4. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
5. What do the couple who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes want to do?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)