|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be imprisoned.
(b) She will be put in a nunnery.
(c) She will be killed.
(d) She will be banished.
2. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 4 months.
3. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Melting frost.
(b) Painting flowers.
(c) Sprinkling dew drops.
(d) Planting sun beams.
4. How long does Theseus have until he is married to his fiance at the beginning of the play?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 4 hours.
5. What does Titania's husband want her to awake to after the potion is put on her eyes?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A vile thing.
(c) Her servant.
6. Who puts the love potion on Titania's eyes as she sleeps?
(d) Robin Goodfellow.
7. What is Puck?
(a) A sprite.
(b) A man.
(c) A king.
(d) A fairy.
8. How does Titania get to sleep at the end of a long night?
(a) Her attendants sing her to sleep.
(b) She takes a sleeping draught.
(c) Puck puts a spell on her.
(d) She lays on a bed of flowers and blossoms.
9. What does the Fairy King tell his wife she must do in order to stop the strife between them?
(a) Stop courting other men.
(b) Return to live with him.
(c) Fire her new fairy attendants.
(d) Return the child she has stolen.
10. What work of Shakespeare does the mini-play mirror?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) As You Like It.
11. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
12. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
(a) Egeus is Hermia's cousin.
(b) Egeus is Hermia's uncle.
(c) Egeus is Hermia's father.
(d) Egeus is Hermia's god-father.
13. Who says they would be better at the part Flute has been assigned in the mini-play?
14. Who enters the scene after Puck exits Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Helena and Demetrius.
(b) Titania and her train of attendants.
(c) Theseus and Hippolyta.
(d) Egeus and Hermia.
15. What happened to the flower that Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
(a) It multiplied.
(b) It grew rapidly.
(c) It changed colors.
(d) It died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
2. What does Quince say to the man who tries to prove he should have Snug's part in the mini-play?
3. How did Theseus meet his future bride?
4. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)