|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the fairies sing for Titania in the second scene that Titania appears in?
(a) A gentle melody.
(b) A story.
(c) A poem.
(d) A lullaby.
2. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
(a) She did not keep her promise to him.
(b) She looks lovely.
(c) She should obey his command.
(d) She should not have slept so late.
3. How does Puck say he entertains the King of the Fairies?
(b) Singing songs.
(c) Pulling pranks.
(d) Writing poetry.
4. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
(a) To celebrate his wedding.
(b) To prepare for the winter.
(c) To pay their taxes.
(d) To rejoice for the end of the war.
5. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Planting sun beams.
(b) Painting flowers.
(c) Melting frost.
(d) Sprinkling dew drops.
6. What wakes Hermia while she is sleeping in the wood?
(b) A nightmare.
(c) The noise of Helena's conversation with Lysander.
(d) The song of a bird.
7. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
(a) On the castle stage.
(b) In the woods.
(c) On the street.
(d) At Quince's house.
8. How many fairies remain with Titania when she goes to sleep?
9. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be put in a nunnery.
(b) She will be imprisoned.
(c) She will be killed.
(d) She will be banished.
10. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
(a) Shaves his beard.
(b) Takes his money.
(c) Puts love potion on his eyes.
(d) Kidnaps Hermia.
11. What will happen on the same day that Hermia announces her decision about whom to marry?
(a) Her sentence will be placed on her.
(b) Her reputation will either be enhanced or tarnished.
(c) Theseus will get married.
(d) The war will officially be over.
12. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
(a) Athena's gown.
(b) Cupid's arrow.
(c) The wings of a fairy,
13. What part in the mini-play is Snug assigned?
(a) The Wall.
(b) The lion.
(c) Thisbe's father.
14. According to the law, what will happen if Hermia refuses to marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be imprisoned.
(b) She will be banished.
(c) She will be put in a nunnery.
(d) She will be killed.
15. What does the Fairy King tell his wife she must do in order to stop the strife between them?
(a) Fire her new fairy attendants.
(b) Return to live with him.
(c) Return the child she has stolen.
(d) Stop courting other men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2. What has the fighting between the Fairy King and queen caused in the mortal realm?
3. Where is the mini-play rehearsed?
4. Why does Puck say the Fairy King and Queen should not meet at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)