|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the fighting between the Fairy King and queen caused in the mortal realm?
(a) Plagues on the food.
(c) Earthquakes and tidal waves.
(d) Floods and an early change of seasons.
2. What does Bottom do to prove his bragging is true when he first comes on stage?
(a) Pretends to be a lion.
(b) Gives a memorized speech.
(c) Buys everyone a pint of mead.
(d) Lists off all of his friends.
3. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
(a) She should not have slept so late.
(b) She looks lovely.
(c) She did not keep her promise to him.
(d) She should obey his command.
4. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His popularity among the people.
(b) His acting abilities.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His ability to memorize long pieces of literature.
5. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
(a) Athena's gown.
(b) Cupid's arrow.
(c) The wings of a fairy,
6. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sleep with another woman.
(b) Kill her mortal lover.
(c) Cause her to not sleep.
(d) Play a trick on her.
7. With whom does Titania always enter the stage?
(a) Her attendants.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her husband.
8. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
9. What does Hermia say she would rather do than marry the man chosen for her by Egeus?
(a) Leave her homeland.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Go to a convent.
(d) Go to prison.
10. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) In the castle.
(b) At the church.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the town square.
11. How did Theseus meet his future bride?
(a) At a ball.
(b) At a council.
(c) In the war.
(d) On the street.
12. What is Theseus's future bride's name?
13. Why does Puck say the Fairy King and Queen should not meet at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The king is with another woman.
(b) They are quarrelling.
(c) Puck is playing a trick on them.
(d) The queen is not dressed yet.
14. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
(a) They allow him to improvise.
(b) They say the lion will be known as a timid lion.
(c) He wears a mask.
(d) He stands on a stool.
15. What is Puck?
(a) A man.
(b) A king.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A sprite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
3. Why does Demetrius want Lysander to leave Hermia alone?
4. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
5. How many fairies remain with Titania when she goes to sleep?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)