|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
(a) The part is a woman and he has a beard.
(b) The part is too long and he cannot read.
(c) He will lose his voice trying to roar loud enough.
(d) He is not tall enough to be a good wall.
2. What work of Shakespeare does the mini-play mirror?
(b) As You Like It.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
3. Why is Demetrius running when he enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
(a) He is trying to get away from Helena.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is trying to find Helena.
(d) He wanted to be out of the woods before night fell.
4. What is Flute's first name?
5. How long does Theseus have until he is married to his fiance at the beginning of the play?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 4 weeks.
6. Who enters the scene after Puck exits Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Egeus and Hermia.
(b) Helena and Demetrius.
(c) Theseus and Hippolyta.
(d) Titania and her train of attendants.
7. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the town square.
(c) In the castle.
(d) At the church.
8. What does Snug's assigned role in the mini-play mostly consist of?
(a) Standing still.
(b) Dancing about the stage.
9. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
(a) She did not keep her promise to him.
(b) She should obey his command.
(c) She looks lovely.
(d) She should not have slept so late.
10. What is another name for Puck?
(c) Jack Frost.
(d) Robin Goodfellow.
11. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
(a) Shows his variety of laughs.
(b) Stands still holding his breath.
12. What is Starveling's occupation?
13. What does Hermia say she would rather do than marry the man chosen for her by Egeus?
(a) Leave her homeland.
(b) Go to a convent.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Go to prison.
14. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) His fairy attendant.
15. What will happen on the same day that Hermia announces her decision about whom to marry?
(a) Theseus will get married.
(b) Her reputation will either be enhanced or tarnished.
(c) Her sentence will be placed on her.
(d) The war will officially be over.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Titania always enter the stage?
2. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
3. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who was once a lover of Titania?
5. What does Quince say to the man who tries to prove he should have Snug's part in the mini-play?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)