|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen on the same day that Hermia announces her decision about whom to marry?
(a) Her reputation will either be enhanced or tarnished.
(b) Her sentence will be placed on her.
(c) The war will officially be over.
(d) Theseus will get married.
2. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
(a) The next week.
(b) In a few hours.
(c) The next night.
(d) In the middle of the night.
3. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His popularity among the people.
(b) His acting abilities.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His ability to memorize long pieces of literature.
4. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
5. What are the fairies who stay with Titania when she goes to sleep supposed to do?
(a) Stand guard.
(b) Keep her husband from finding her.
(c) Lay next to her.
(d) Continue singing for her.
6. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
7. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
(c) The Amazon.
8. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the castle.
(c) In the town square.
(d) At the church.
9. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
(a) He will lose his voice trying to roar loud enough.
(b) The part is too long and he cannot read.
(c) He is not tall enough to be a good wall.
(d) The part is a woman and he has a beard.
10. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
(a) To prepare for the winter.
(b) To celebrate his wedding.
(c) To pay their taxes.
(d) To rejoice for the end of the war.
11. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
(a) The Lion.
(b) The Wall.
12. Who is assigning all the actors to their part in the mini-play?
13. What is Theseus's future bride's name?
14. Where is the mini-play rehearsed?
(a) Flute's house.
(b) Ping's house.
(c) Quince's house.
(d) Bottoms's house.
15. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
(c) The fairy attendants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was once Oberon's mistress?
2. What is Starveling's occupation?
3. What part in the mini-play is Snug assigned?
4. What is Flute's first name?
5. What is Bottom's first name?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)