|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
(a) He will lose his voice trying to roar loud enough.
(b) The part is too long and he cannot read.
(c) He is not tall enough to be a good wall.
(d) The part is a woman and he has a beard.
2. What does Titania's husband want her to awake to after the potion is put on her eyes?
(a) A mirror.
(c) A vile thing.
(d) Her servant.
3. What can now be done with the flower Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
(a) It can be used to give great power to someone.
(b) It can put people to sleep.
(c) It can show its holder the near future.
(d) It can be used as a love potion.
4. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be imprisoned.
(b) She will be killed.
(c) She will be banished.
(d) She will be put in a nunnery.
5. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
(a) Roars with all his might.
(b) Gives a speech in the voice of a woman.
(c) Does a pantomime of a wall.
(d) Displays his gift of memorization.
6. What is Puck?
(a) A man.
(b) A sprite.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A king.
7. Who does Oberon ask to help him in his plot to punish his wife?
(d) His fairy attendants.
8. Where does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
(a) A city street.
(b) The woods.
(c) Demetrius's house.
(d) Theseus's palace.
9. Who does Hermia want to marry?
10. Who is assigning all the actors to their part in the mini-play?
11. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) On a street in Athens.
(b) At Titania's Castle.
(c) In Puck's house.
(d) In the woods.
12. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His ability to memorize long pieces of literature.
(b) His acting abilities.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His popularity among the people.
13. Who was once Oberon's mistress?
14. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
(a) He is from noble blood.
(b) He is smart.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He has wooed her well.
15. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
(a) Sleeping with other women.
(b) Being a hypocrite.
(c) Lying to her.
(d) Being too gentle-hearted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oberon plan to use the magic flower for in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who is Helena in love with?
3. How long does Theseus have until he is married to his fiance at the beginning of the play?
4. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
5. What wakes Hermia while she is sleeping in the wood?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)