|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
(a) In the woods.
(b) On the castle stage.
(c) On the street.
(d) At Quince's house.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
(c) The fairy attendants.
3. What does the Fairy King tell his wife she must do in order to stop the strife between them?
(a) Fire her new fairy attendants.
(b) Return the child she has stolen.
(c) Stop courting other men.
(d) Return to live with him.
4. Why is Demetrius running when he enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
(a) He wanted to be out of the woods before night fell.
(b) He is trying to find Helena.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is trying to get away from Helena.
5. What is Theseus's future bride's name?
6. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Tell Demetrius about Hermia's plan to elope.
(b) Continue to try and woo Theseus.
(c) Run away with Lysander before Hermia meets him.
(d) Lock Hermia in her room so she will not be punished for eloping.
7. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
8. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 4 days.
9. What does Titania's husband want her to awake to after the potion is put on her eyes?
(a) Her servant.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A vile thing.
10. What is another name for Puck?
(a) Robin Goodfellow.
(b) Jack Frost.
11. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
(a) An Indian child.
(b) His crown.
(c) The heart of another man.
(d) Some of his powers.
12. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
(a) To prepare for the winter.
(b) To celebrate his wedding.
(c) To pay their taxes.
(d) To rejoice for the end of the war.
13. What part in the mini-play is Snug assigned?
(a) Thisbe's father.
(c) The lion.
(d) The Wall.
14. Who was once Oberon's mistress?
15. How did Theseus meet his future bride?
(a) At a ball.
(b) On the street.
(c) At a council.
(d) In the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the actors of the mini-play hope to perform?
2. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
3. Who does Hermia want to marry?
4. Who puts the love potion on Titania's eyes as she sleeps?
5. How does Titania get to sleep at the end of a long night?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)