|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
2. With whom does Titania always enter the stage?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her attendants.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
3. Where does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
(a) The woods.
(b) Theseus's palace.
(c) A city street.
(d) Demetrius's house.
4. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
(a) She did not keep her promise to him.
(b) She should obey his command.
(c) She should not have slept so late.
(d) She looks lovely.
5. What is Starveling's occupation?
6. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
7. What are the fairies who stay with Titania when she goes to sleep supposed to do?
(a) Lay next to her.
(b) Continue singing for her.
(c) Keep her husband from finding her.
(d) Stand guard.
8. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
(c) The Amazon.
9. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Run away with Lysander before Hermia meets him.
(b) Continue to try and woo Theseus.
(c) Lock Hermia in her room so she will not be punished for eloping.
(d) Tell Demetrius about Hermia's plan to elope.
10. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) In the woods.
(b) On a street in Athens.
(c) At Titania's Castle.
(d) In Puck's house.
11. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
12. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) In the castle.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the town square.
(d) At the church.
13. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
(a) The next night.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) The next week.
(d) In a few hours.
14. What is Theseus's future bride's name?
15. What has the fighting between the Fairy King and queen caused in the mortal realm?
(a) Earthquakes and tidal waves.
(c) Floods and an early change of seasons.
(d) Plagues on the food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Puck say he entertains the King of the Fairies?
2. What is the genre of the mini-play?
3. What is Flute's first name?
4. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
5. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)