|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for Puck?
(b) Robin Goodfellow.
(d) Jack Frost.
2. Who says they would be better at the part Flute has been assigned in the mini-play?
3. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
4. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) On a street in Athens.
(b) At Titania's Castle.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In Puck's house.
5. What are the fairies who stay with Titania when she goes to sleep supposed to do?
(a) Continue singing for her.
(b) Keep her husband from finding her.
(c) Lay next to her.
(d) Stand guard.
6. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
7. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
(a) An Indian child.
(b) The heart of another man.
(c) His crown.
(d) Some of his powers.
8. Why does Hermia not want Lysander to lie next to her when they are alone in the woods?
(a) She wants to remain chaste.
(b) She does not feel beautiful.
(c) She is mad at him.
(d) She does not want to be found with him.
9. According to the law, what will happen if Hermia refuses to marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be killed.
(b) She will be put in a nunnery.
(c) She will be banished.
(d) She will be imprisoned.
10. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
(a) The next week.
(b) In a few hours.
(c) The next night.
(d) In the middle of the night.
11. How does Puck say he entertains the King of the Fairies?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Singing songs.
(c) Pulling pranks.
12. Who is in love with Demetrius?
13. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
(a) Shaves his beard.
(b) Takes his money.
(c) Kidnaps Hermia.
(d) Puts love potion on his eyes.
14. What does Bottom do to prove his bragging is true when he first comes on stage?
(a) Gives a memorized speech.
(b) Lists off all of his friends.
(c) Pretends to be a lion.
(d) Buys everyone a pint of mead.
15. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
(a) On the castle stage.
(b) In the woods.
(c) At Quince's house.
(d) On the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
2. Who does Oberon ask to help him in his plot to punish his wife?
3. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
4. What does Oberon plan to use the magic flower for in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who was once a lover of Titania?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)