|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fairies remain with Titania when she goes to sleep?
2. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
(b) Stands still holding his breath.
(c) Shows his variety of laughs.
3. How does Titania get to sleep at the end of a long night?
(a) Her attendants sing her to sleep.
(b) Puck puts a spell on her.
(c) She takes a sleeping draught.
(d) She lays on a bed of flowers and blossoms.
4. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
(a) To prepare for the winter.
(b) To pay their taxes.
(c) To celebrate his wedding.
(d) To rejoice for the end of the war.
5. What part in the mini-play is Snug assigned?
(a) Thisbe's father.
(b) The Wall.
(d) The lion.
6. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
(b) The Amazon.
7. What do the fairies sing for Titania in the second scene that Titania appears in?
(a) A gentle melody.
(b) A poem.
(c) A lullaby.
(d) A story.
8. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) His fairy attendant.
9. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Continue to try and woo Theseus.
(b) Lock Hermia in her room so she will not be punished for eloping.
(c) Tell Demetrius about Hermia's plan to elope.
(d) Run away with Lysander before Hermia meets him.
10. How long does Theseus have until he is married to his fiance at the beginning of the play?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 4 hours.
11. What can now be done with the flower Oberon saw get hit with something unique?
(a) It can be used as a love potion.
(b) It can put people to sleep.
(c) It can be used to give great power to someone.
(d) It can show its holder the near future.
12. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
(a) She should obey his command.
(b) She did not keep her promise to him.
(c) She should not have slept so late.
(d) She looks lovely.
13. What does Snug's assigned role in the mini-play mostly consist of?
(b) Dancing about the stage.
(c) Standing still.
14. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
(b) The Amazon.
15. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
(a) Puts love potion on his eyes.
(b) Shaves his beard.
(c) Takes his money.
(d) Kidnaps Hermia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the couple who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes want to do?
2. What does Hermia say about true love in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is Puck?
4. Who interrupts the conversation between Hermia and Lysander at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
5. What does Oberon plan to use the magic flower for in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)