|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
(a) In a few hours.
(b) The next week.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) The next night.
2. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
(b) The Amazon.
3. What is Puck?
(a) A fairy.
(b) A king.
(c) A sprite.
(d) A man.
4. What does Oberon plan to use the magic flower for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To make his wife fall in love with something ridiculous.
(b) To cause his wife to sleep for long enough to steal the child away.
(c) To overpower his wife to do his bidding.
(d) To find out what his wife plans to do and thwart those plans.
5. Where does Lysander choose to move after Hermia is told to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) To live with his aunt.
(b) To Athens.
(c) To live at the castle.
(d) To Rome.
6. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
(a) To prepare for the winter.
(b) To pay their taxes.
(c) To celebrate his wedding.
(d) To rejoice for the end of the war.
7. What does Bottom do to prove his bragging is true when he first comes on stage?
(a) Lists off all of his friends.
(b) Buys everyone a pint of mead.
(c) Gives a memorized speech.
(d) Pretends to be a lion.
8. How did Theseus meet his future bride?
(a) At a council.
(b) At a ball.
(c) On the street.
(d) In the war.
9. What do the fairies sing for Titania in the second scene that Titania appears in?
(a) A lullaby.
(b) A story.
(c) A gentle melody.
(d) A poem.
10. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
(a) They allow him to improvise.
(b) They say the lion will be known as a timid lion.
(c) He stands on a stool.
(d) He wears a mask.
11. What is Bottom's first name?
12. What does the Fairy King tell his wife she must do in order to stop the strife between them?
(a) Return to live with him.
(b) Fire her new fairy attendants.
(c) Return the child she has stolen.
(d) Stop courting other men.
13. What is Starveling's occupation?
14. What about Lysander causes Puck to mistake his identity?
(a) His position in the forest.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His bearded face.
(d) His closeness to Hermia.
15. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the mother of the child Titania has stolen?
2. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does Hermia say she would rather do than marry the man chosen for her by Egeus?
4. With whom does Titania always enter the stage?
5. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)