|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermia say she would rather do than marry the man chosen for her by Egeus?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Go to prison.
(c) Leave her homeland.
(d) Go to a convent.
2. What wakes Hermia while she is sleeping in the wood?
(b) The song of a bird.
(c) The noise of Helena's conversation with Lysander.
(d) A nightmare.
3. What does Snug's assigned role in the mini-play mostly consist of?
(a) Standing still.
(b) Dancing about the stage.
4. What does the Fairy King tell his wife she must do in order to stop the strife between them?
(a) Fire her new fairy attendants.
(b) Stop courting other men.
(c) Return the child she has stolen.
(d) Return to live with him.
5. What work of Shakespeare does the mini-play mirror?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) As You Like It.
6. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Tell Demetrius about Hermia's plan to elope.
(b) Run away with Lysander before Hermia meets him.
(c) Continue to try and woo Theseus.
(d) Lock Hermia in her room so she will not be punished for eloping.
7. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
(c) Shows his variety of laughs.
(d) Stands still holding his breath.
8. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
(c) The Amazon.
9. What is the genre of the mini-play?
10. What does Oberon plan to use the magic flower for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To cause his wife to sleep for long enough to steal the child away.
(b) To find out what his wife plans to do and thwart those plans.
(c) To make his wife fall in love with something ridiculous.
(d) To overpower his wife to do his bidding.
11. Who was once a lover of Titania?
12. What does Titania's husband want her to awake to after the potion is put on her eyes?
(a) Her servant.
(b) A mirror.
(d) A vile thing.
13. Where does Lysander choose to move after Hermia is told to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) To live with his aunt.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To live at the castle.
(d) To Athens.
14. Who is assigning all the actors to their part in the mini-play?
15. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
(a) Sleeping with other women.
(b) Being too gentle-hearted.
(c) Lying to her.
(d) Being a hypocrite.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
2. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
4. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
5. What do the couple who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes want to do?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)