|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
(a) Some of his powers.
(b) An Indian child.
(c) His crown.
(d) The heart of another man.
2. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Lock Hermia in her room so she will not be punished for eloping.
(b) Run away with Lysander before Hermia meets him.
(c) Continue to try and woo Theseus.
(d) Tell Demetrius about Hermia's plan to elope.
3. What part in the mini-play is Snug assigned?
(a) The Wall.
(c) Thisbe's father.
(d) The lion.
4. Who says they would be better at the part Flute has been assigned in the mini-play?
5. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
(a) He is not tall enough to be a good wall.
(b) The part is a woman and he has a beard.
(c) The part is too long and he cannot read.
(d) He will lose his voice trying to roar loud enough.
6. What happens when Helena wakes up Lysander in the woods after lamenting her situation?
(a) He seems to be very sick.
(b) He yells at her to leave him alone.
(c) He pledges to help her woo Demetrius.
(d) He falls in love with her.
7. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
(a) Lying to her.
(b) Being too gentle-hearted.
(c) Sleeping with other women.
(d) Being a hypocrite.
8. What does Hermia say about true love in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) It is a cruel joke on the heart.
(b) It is impossible to attain.
(c) It is always inconvenient.
(d) It never runs smoothly.
9. What wakes Hermia while she is sleeping in the wood?
(a) The song of a bird.
(c) The noise of Helena's conversation with Lysander.
(d) A nightmare.
10. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
11. What is Puck?
(a) A man.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A king.
(d) A sprite.
12. Who enters the scene after Titania has the potion put on her eyes?
(a) Hippolyta and Theseus.
(b) Lysander and Hermia.
(c) Helena and Demetrius.
(d) Puck and Peasbottom.
13. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
(a) On the street.
(b) At Quince's house.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On the castle stage.
14. How long does Theseus have until he is married to his fiance at the beginning of the play?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 4 days.
15. Why does Hermia not want Lysander to lie next to her when they are alone in the woods?
(a) She does not want to be found with him.
(b) She is mad at him.
(c) She does not feel beautiful.
(d) She wants to remain chaste.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
2. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
3. What will happen on the same day that Hermia announces her decision about whom to marry?
4. What is Flute's first name?
5. According to the law, what will happen if Hermia refuses to marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)