|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
(c) The Lion.
(d) The Wall.
2. Who is assigning all the actors to their part in the mini-play?
3. What does Titania's husband want her to awake to after the potion is put on her eyes?
(b) A mirror.
(c) A vile thing.
(d) Her servant.
4. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
(a) He stands on a stool.
(b) He wears a mask.
(c) They say the lion will be known as a timid lion.
(d) They allow him to improvise.
5. What do the fairies sing for Titania in the second scene that Titania appears in?
(a) A poem.
(b) A story.
(c) A gentle melody.
(d) A lullaby.
6. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
(a) Takes his money.
(b) Kidnaps Hermia.
(c) Puts love potion on his eyes.
(d) Shaves his beard.
7. What is Theseus's future bride's name?
8. Whom does Puck meet with at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A Sprite.
(b) A Fairy.
(c) A king.
(d) A queen.
9. Who interrupts the conversation between Hermia and Lysander at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
10. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 4 hours.
11. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
(a) She did not keep her promise to him.
(b) She should not have slept so late.
(c) She looks lovely.
(d) She should obey his command.
12. What is Flute's first name?
13. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) His fairy attendant.
14. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Sprinkling dew drops.
(b) Planting sun beams.
(c) Painting flowers.
(d) Melting frost.
15. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
(a) The wings of a fairy,
(c) Athena's gown.
(d) Cupid's arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the fairies who stay with Titania when she goes to sleep supposed to do?
2. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
3. Who does Puck think Lysander is when he is sleeping in the woods?
4. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
5. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)