|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the law, what will happen if Hermia refuses to marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be put in a nunnery.
(b) She will be killed.
(c) She will be imprisoned.
(d) She will be banished.
2. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
(b) The Lion.
(d) The Wall.
3. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
(a) The next night.
(b) In a few hours.
(c) The next week.
(d) In the middle of the night.
4. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
(b) The Amazon.
5. Why does Demetrius want Lysander to leave Hermia alone?
(a) Lysander's wooing will get Hermia banished.
(b) Lysander has a bad reputation.
(c) Hermia does not want Lysander.
(d) Demetrius wants Hermia for himself.
6. What does Titania's husband want her to awake to after the potion is put on her eyes?
(a) A vile thing.
(c) Her servant.
(d) A mirror.
7. Where do the actors of the mini-play hope to perform?
(a) Theseus's wedding.
(b) On the street corner.
(c) At the carnival.
(d) At mass.
8. Who does Puck think Lysander is when he is sleeping in the woods?
9. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
(d) The fairy attendants.
10. Where does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
(a) Demetrius's house.
(b) The woods.
(c) Theseus's palace.
(d) A city street.
11. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
12. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
(a) She is heart broken.
(b) She hurt her foot.
(c) She sees Lysander.
(d) She is too tired.
13. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 4 hours.
14. What do the fairies sing for Titania in the second scene that Titania appears in?
(a) A poem.
(b) A lullaby.
(c) A story.
(d) A gentle melody.
15. Whom does Puck meet with at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A Fairy.
(b) A Sprite.
(c) A queen.
(d) A king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hermia not want Lysander to lie next to her when they are alone in the woods?
2. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
3. Where does Act 2 begin?
4. What does Bottom do to prove his bragging is true when he first comes on stage?
5. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)