|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Puck say the Fairy King and Queen should not meet at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The queen is not dressed yet.
(b) The king is with another woman.
(c) Puck is playing a trick on them.
(d) They are quarrelling.
2. Whom does Puck meet with at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A Fairy.
(b) A Sprite.
(c) A queen.
(d) A king.
3. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) At the church.
(b) In the town square.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the castle.
4. Who was once a lover of Titania?
5. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
6. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
(a) Egeus is Hermia's uncle.
(b) Egeus is Hermia's cousin.
(c) Egeus is Hermia's father.
(d) Egeus is Hermia's god-father.
7. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
8. What does Bottom do to prove his bragging is true when he first comes on stage?
(a) Lists off all of his friends.
(b) Gives a memorized speech.
(c) Pretends to be a lion.
(d) Buys everyone a pint of mead.
9. What is Bottom's first name?
10. What is Flute's first name?
11. Who does Oberon ask to help him in his plot to punish his wife?
(b) His fairy attendants.
12. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
(a) He wears a mask.
(b) They allow him to improvise.
(c) He stands on a stool.
(d) They say the lion will be known as a timid lion.
13. Who does Puck think Lysander is when he is sleeping in the woods?
14. Who is in love with Demetrius?
15. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) His fairy attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snug's assigned role in the mini-play mostly consist of?
2. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
3. What is another name for Puck?
4. What happened to the mother of the child Titania has stolen?
5. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)