|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oberon plan to use the magic flower for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To cause his wife to sleep for long enough to steal the child away.
(b) To make his wife fall in love with something ridiculous.
(c) To find out what his wife plans to do and thwart those plans.
(d) To overpower his wife to do his bidding.
2. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Painting flowers.
(b) Melting frost.
(c) Sprinkling dew drops.
(d) Planting sun beams.
3. What demeaning name does Demetrius call the actors while they are doing their mini-play?
4. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
(d) The Amazon.
5. What does Puck come to the palace to do at the end of the play?
(a) To see the play put on by Bottom.
(b) Ready it for the fairies.
(c) Wish Theseus and Hippolyta luck and health.
(d) To fetch his Lord back to his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Theseus have until he is married to his fiance at the beginning of the play?
2. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
3. Who delivers the prologue for the mini-play?
4. What does Oberon plan to do while Puck fixes the contention between the lovers from Athens?
5. What was Titania dreaming about before she wakes up in the woods with Bottom?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)