|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermia say about true love in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) It never runs smoothly.
(b) It is a cruel joke on the heart.
(c) It is impossible to attain.
(d) It is always inconvenient.
2. What does the fairy queen accuse her husband of when they first meet on stage?
(a) Being too gentle-hearted.
(b) Sleeping with other women.
(c) Being a hypocrite.
(d) Lying to her.
3. What has the fighting between the Fairy King and queen caused in the mortal realm?
(a) Floods and an early change of seasons.
(c) Plagues on the food.
(d) Earthquakes and tidal waves.
4. Whom does Puck meet with at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A Fairy.
(b) A king.
(c) A Sprite.
(d) A queen.
5. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
(a) To rejoice for the end of the war.
(b) To celebrate his wedding.
(c) To prepare for the winter.
(d) To pay their taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Theseus have until he is married to his fiance at the beginning of the play?
2. Who enters the scene after Puck exits Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who does Hermia want to marry?
4. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
5. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)