|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Puck say the Fairy King and Queen should not meet at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The queen is not dressed yet.
(b) Puck is playing a trick on them.
(c) They are quarrelling.
(d) The king is with another woman.
2. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Play a trick on her.
(b) Sleep with another woman.
(c) Kill her mortal lover.
(d) Cause her to not sleep.
3. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Planting sun beams.
(b) Sprinkling dew drops.
(c) Painting flowers.
(d) Melting frost.
4. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
(a) She did not keep her promise to him.
(b) She should not have slept so late.
(c) She looks lovely.
(d) She should obey his command.
5. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
(a) He will lose his voice trying to roar loud enough.
(b) He is not tall enough to be a good wall.
(c) The part is a woman and he has a beard.
(d) The part is too long and he cannot read.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Puck say he entertains the King of the Fairies?
2. What does Puck do to Lysander when he sees him sleeping in the woods?
3. Who interrupts the conversation between Hermia and Lysander at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
4. Who says they would be better at the role assigned to Snug in the mini-play?
5. What part in the mini-play is Snug assigned?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)