|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lysander ask Hermia to meet him if she chooses to marry him at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) In the castle.
(b) At the church.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the town square.
2. Who is in love with Demetrius?
3. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
(a) To celebrate his wedding.
(b) To rejoice for the end of the war.
(c) To prepare for the winter.
(d) To pay their taxes.
4. What is another name for Puck?
(a) Robin Goodfellow.
(c) Jack Frost.
5. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
(a) The part is too long and he cannot read.
(b) The part is a woman and he has a beard.
(c) He will lose his voice trying to roar loud enough.
(d) He is not tall enough to be a good wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the genre of the mini-play?
2. What is Theseus's future bride's name?
3. Where do the actors of the mini-play hope to perform?
4. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
5. Why does Puck say the Fairy King and Queen should not meet at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)