|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quince say to the man who tries to prove he should have Snug's part in the mini-play?
(a) That his talent would be wasted in silence.
(b) That his laughing would make the audience laugh with him.
(c) That his dancing would offend the queen.
(d) That his roaring would frighten the ladies in the audience.
2. What does Oberon plan to use the magic flower for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To make his wife fall in love with something ridiculous.
(b) To find out what his wife plans to do and thwart those plans.
(c) To overpower his wife to do his bidding.
(d) To cause his wife to sleep for long enough to steal the child away.
3. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Cause her to not sleep.
(b) Sleep with another woman.
(c) Kill her mortal lover.
(d) Play a trick on her.
4. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Continue to try and woo Theseus.
(b) Lock Hermia in her room so she will not be punished for eloping.
(c) Tell Demetrius about Hermia's plan to elope.
(d) Run away with Lysander before Hermia meets him.
5. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
2. What has the fighting between the Fairy King and queen caused in the mortal realm?
3. Who does Oberon send to fetch the magic flower in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Why does Demetrius want Lysander to leave Hermia alone?
5. What did the Fairy King see striking a flower one night?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)