|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Theseus meet his future bride?
(a) At a council.
(b) In the war.
(c) On the street.
(d) At a ball.
2. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
(a) The part is a woman and he has a beard.
(b) He is not tall enough to be a good wall.
(c) The part is too long and he cannot read.
(d) He will lose his voice trying to roar loud enough.
3. What does Hermia say she would rather do than marry the man chosen for her by Egeus?
(a) Go to prison.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Leave her homeland.
(d) Go to a convent.
4. What is the first thing the Fairy King tells his wife when they meet on stage?
(a) She did not keep her promise to him.
(b) She should obey his command.
(c) She looks lovely.
(d) She should not have slept so late.
5. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 4 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
2. What is another name for Puck?
3. What has the fighting between the Fairy King and queen caused in the mortal realm?
4. What is the genre of the mini-play?
5. What does Bottom do to prove his bragging is true when he first comes on stage?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)