|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His popularity among the people.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His acting abilities.
(d) His ability to memorize long pieces of literature.
2. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
(a) The next night.
(b) The next week.
(c) In a few hours.
(d) In the middle of the night.
3. How long does Theseus have until he is married to his fiance at the beginning of the play?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 4 days.
4. Who does Hermia want to marry?
5. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
(a) Roars with all his might.
(b) Displays his gift of memorization.
(c) Gives a speech in the voice of a woman.
(d) Does a pantomime of a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
2. Where do the actors of the mini-play hope to perform?
3. What is the genre of the mini-play?
4. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
5. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)