|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
(a) The next night.
(b) The next week.
(c) In a few hours.
(d) In the middle of the night.
2. What does Snug's assigned role in the mini-play mostly consist of?
(a) Standing still.
(c) Dancing about the stage.
3. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
(a) To rejoice for the end of the war.
(b) To pay their taxes.
(c) To celebrate his wedding.
(d) To prepare for the winter.
4. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
(a) He is wealthy.
(b) He has wooed her well.
(c) He is smart.
(d) He is from noble blood.
5. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 4 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Theseus have until he is married to his fiance at the beginning of the play?
2. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
3. Where does Lysander choose to move after Hermia is told to make her decision about whom to marry?
4. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
5. What does Bottom brag about when he first comes on Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)