|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the law, what will happen if Hermia refuses to marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be banished.
(b) She will be killed.
(c) She will be imprisoned.
(d) She will be put in a nunnery.
2. What does Hermia say she would rather do than marry the man chosen for her by Egeus?
(a) Go to a convent.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Go to prison.
(d) Leave her homeland.
3. Where does Lysander choose to move after Hermia is told to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) To Athens.
(b) To live at the castle.
(c) To live with his aunt.
(d) To Rome.
4. When do the actors in the mini-play plan to meet again for their second rehearsal?
(a) The next night.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) The next week.
(d) In a few hours.
5. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
(a) On the street.
(b) On the castle stage.
(c) In the woods.
(d) At Quince's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the actors for the mini-play?
2. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
3. What does Hermia say about true love in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Quince say to the man who tries to prove he should have Snug's part in the mini-play?
5. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)