|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermia say about true love in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) It is a cruel joke on the heart.
(b) It never runs smoothly.
(c) It is impossible to attain.
(d) It is always inconvenient.
2. What is Flute's first name?
3. What will happen on the same day that Hermia announces her decision about whom to marry?
(a) Theseus will get married.
(b) Her sentence will be placed on her.
(c) The war will officially be over.
(d) Her reputation will either be enhanced or tarnished.
4. How long does Theseus give Hermia to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 4 months.
5. Where does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
(a) The woods.
(b) Theseus's palace.
(c) A city street.
(d) Demetrius's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Demetrius want Lysander to leave Hermia alone?
2. Who is in love with Demetrius?
3. What does Theseus tell Philostrate to tell the people at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Where does Lysander choose to move after Hermia is told to make her decision about whom to marry?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)