|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
2. What role in the mini-play is Flute assigned?
(a) The Lion.
(d) The Wall.
3. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
(a) They say the lion will be known as a timid lion.
(b) He wears a mask.
(c) They allow him to improvise.
(d) He stands on a stool.
4. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be imprisoned.
(b) She will be put in a nunnery.
(c) She will be banished.
(d) She will be killed.
5. Where does Lysander choose to move after Hermia is told to make her decision about whom to marry?
(a) To live at the castle.
(b) To live with his aunt.
(c) To Rome.
(d) To Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theseus's future bride's name?
2. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
3. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
4. What does Quince say to the man who tries to prove he should have Snug's part in the mini-play?
5. Where is Theseus's fiance from?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)