|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
2. Who is in love with Demetrius?
3. How are Hermia and Egeus related?
(a) Egeus is Hermia's uncle.
(b) Egeus is Hermia's god-father.
(c) Egeus is Hermia's father.
(d) Egeus is Hermia's cousin.
4. What work of Shakespeare does the mini-play mirror?
(a) As You Like It.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
5. What does Bottom do to prove his bragging is true when he first comes on stage?
(a) Lists off all of his friends.
(b) Pretends to be a lion.
(c) Gives a memorized speech.
(d) Buys everyone a pint of mead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lysander think he deserves Hermia as his bride?
2. Where is the mini-play rehearsed?
3. According to the law, what will happen if Hermia refuses to marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
4. What does the actor who thinks he would be better at Snug's role do to prove his belief?
5. Who says they would be better at the part Flute has been assigned in the mini-play?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)