Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
2. Who does Egeus want Hermia to marry?
3. What does Helena choose to do after talking with Hermia at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Continue to try and woo Theseus.
(b) Lock Hermia in her room so she will not be punished for eloping.
(c) Run away with Lysander before Hermia meets him.
(d) Tell Demetrius about Hermia's plan to elope.
4. Where do the actors of the mini-play hope to perform?
(a) At the carnival.
(b) Theseus's wedding.
(c) At mass.
(d) On the street corner.
5. Where do the actors in the mini-play decide to have their second rehearsal?
(a) On the castle stage.
(b) In the woods.
(c) On the street.
(d) At Quince's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Hermia and Lysander at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2. What solution do the actors find to resolve Flute's complaint about his assigned part?
3. Why does Flute say he is unable to play the part he is assigned in the mini-play?
4. Who is in love with Demetrius?
5. What does the actor who thinks he should have Flute's part do to prove he would be better at it?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)