|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Puck told to lead Lysander and Demetrius away from one another?
(a) Take one by the hand and lead him away.
(b) Cause one to fall asleep.
(c) Appear as Helena.
(d) Mimic the voice of Helena.
2. Where is the mini-play rehearsed?
(a) Flute's house.
(b) Bottoms's house.
(c) Quince's house.
(d) Ping's house.
3. Why does Puck say the Fairy King and Queen should not meet at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The queen is not dressed yet.
(b) Puck is playing a trick on them.
(c) They are quarrelling.
(d) The king is with another woman.
4. What does Theseus say will happen to Hermia if she does not marry the man Egeus wants her to marry?
(a) She will be killed.
(b) She will be put in a nunnery.
(c) She will be imprisoned.
(d) She will be banished.
5. What does Oberon plan to use the magic flower for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To overpower his wife to do his bidding.
(b) To find out what his wife plans to do and thwart those plans.
(c) To make his wife fall in love with something ridiculous.
(d) To cause his wife to sleep for long enough to steal the child away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hermia and Helena insult about each other as they fight in the woods?
2. Who does Oberon ask to help him in his plot to punish his wife?
3. What does Bottom insist that their mini-play needs at the beginning of Act 3?
4. Why is Helena unable to continue running when she enters Act 2, Scene 2 after Puck exits?
5. What does Theseus say when he hears that the two couples want to be married?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)