|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theseus wake the four Athenian lovers when he finds them in the woods?
(a) By kicking them.
(b) With cold water.
(c) With hunting horns.
(d) With tree branches.
2. What does Egeus say when he hears that Hermia tried to elope?
(a) He tells Hermia she is no longer his daughter.
(b) He commands her to return home never to leave.
(c) He tells Lysander he will be hung for this.
(d) He tells Demetrius she is now his.
3. Where does Act 3 begin?
(a) The woods.
(b) Quince's house.
(d) Theseus's palace.
4. Why is Bottom so surprised at the reaction he gets from the other actors after Puck has enchanted him?
(a) He thought they were his friends.
(b) He does not notice the difference.
(c) He wanted them to help him.
(d) He did not know they were so cowardly.
5. What had the fairy been doing before the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Planting sun beams.
(b) Painting flowers.
(c) Melting frost.
(d) Sprinkling dew drops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bottom do when he meets Titania's attendants?
2. What inanimate objects must be performed by men in the mini-play?
3. Where does Act 2 begin?
4. What does Oberon want to do to punish his wife in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)