|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Fairy King tell his wife she must do in order to stop the strife between them?
(a) Fire her new fairy attendants.
(b) Return the child she has stolen.
(c) Return to live with him.
(d) Stop courting other men.
2. What was Titania dreaming about before she wakes up in the woods with Bottom?
(a) That Puck had been snooping around her bower.
(b) That the Indian child had been taken from her.
(c) That she was in love with an ass.
(d) That Oberon was mocking her.
3. What does Oberon plan to use the magic flower for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To overpower his wife to do his bidding.
(b) To find out what his wife plans to do and thwart those plans.
(c) To cause his wife to sleep for long enough to steal the child away.
(d) To make his wife fall in love with something ridiculous.
4. What awakens Titania at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The chirping of a bird.
(b) Puck's laughter.
(c) The morning light.
(d) Bottom's singing.
5. When does Oberon want Puck to undo the enchantment on Bottom?
(a) Before Titania wakes up.
(b) After Titania has had her love spell reversed.
(c) Just as the sun rises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bottom insist that their mini-play needs at the beginning of Act 3?
2. Where is the child that Titania has stolen from?
3. What has Titania stolen that has upset her husband?
4. Why do Hippolyta and Theseus enter the woods after Titania and Oberon leave?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, who is the first to exit the scene after the fight between the Fairy King and queen?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)