|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fabrizio tell Mangus?
(a) The Princess says she wants to marry the Count.
(b) What he learns about the Count.
(c) Fabrizio wants to return to Mangus' home that night.
(d) The Princess has Lorenzo hidden in her chambers.
2. Who is behind the altar in the chapel?
3. What do the Princess and Fabrizio explain to Mangus?
(a) They tell Mangus about the Count's spying.
(b) Everything that has transpired.
(d) The ghost is now appearing all over the castle.
4. Why is Fabrizio in a panic?
(a) A huge spider crawls up his shirt.
(b) A guard sees him.
(c) He wakes, and it is pitch black and he has to find his way through dark corridors.
(d) A rat crawls up his shirt.
5. What gives Fabrizio an opportunity to speak with Teresina?
(a) The King suggests Fabrizio speak to her.
(b) All the confusion over the murder.
(c) He is unable to speak to the princess.
(d) The Princess falls back from the rest of the group.
6. What does Fabrizio discover when he gets where he is going?
(a) The cook is arguing with Rinaldo.
(b) Teresina has already gone to the niche.
(c) All the candles in the Chapel have been broken.
(d) A dead guard on the floor of the throne room.
7. Where does the Queen lead Fabrizio?
(b) To Teresina's quarters.
(c) To the throne room.
(d) To the Chapel.
8. Who believes the ghost is right about what it said the night before?
(b) The Queen.
(d) The Count.
9. Who leaves before the ghost arrives?
(a) The King and the Count.
(b) The Priest.
10. Who comes to lead Mangus and Fabrizio to the area where the ghost is usually spotted?
(a) Count Scarazoni.
(b) The Court Priest.
(c) The King.
11. How is Fabrizio able to get around the castle without being seen?
(a) He travels through rooms that are not furnished.
(b) Mangus gives him an invisibility spell.
(c) Mangus gives him an invisibility garment.
(d) Teresina shows him a secret passage.
12. What does Fabrizio find when he gets to Mangus' chambers?
(a) Mangus is waiting for him.
(b) Mangus is tied and gagged.
(c) Mangus has already left for the Chapel.
(d) Mangus is badly wounded.
13. Why is Fabrizio given a candle?
(a) To prove the ghost theory.
(b) To count time and find his way through the corridors.
(c) He does not know why.
(d) To start a small explosion.
14. What does the Queen think the Count wants?
(a) To get justice for the Prince's killers.
(b) To start a war with the neighboring kingdom who supposedly killed Lorenzo.
(c) To gain the throne.
(d) To put his son on the throne.
15. How does Mangus explain his behavior?
(a) He is trying to find out where the ropes are if the ghost is a fake.
(b) He needed some food, so he went to the kitchen.
(c) He wants a diagram so he can come there when it's dark.
(d) He is only sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mangus ask of the King?
2. What is Mangus' reply?
3. What does Mangus have the Princess do?
4. What is the answer to Mangus' question?
5. What does the Queen say about the Count and her son?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)