|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fabrizio ask Mangus?
(a) What will happen if they do not solve the mystery in time.
(b) If the King is adamant that Teresina marry the Count.
(c) If Mangus has any ideas about the ghost.
(d) If Mangus' wife is coming to the castle.
2. What is Mangus' reply?
(a) Mangus has forbid his wife to come to the castle.
(b) Mangus does not know.
(c) Fabrizio and Mangus will probably be executed.
(d) Teresina will have to marry the Count.
3. What does the Queen say about the Count and her son?
(a) The Count loves Lorenzo like his own son.
(b) The Count and her son were rivals.
(c) She thinks the Count killed her son.
(d) The Count and her son were great friends.
4. What do the Princess and Fabrizio explain to Mangus?
(a) The ghost is now appearing all over the castle.
(b) They tell Mangus about the Count's spying.
(d) Everything that has transpired.
5. Why doesn't the Queen want Mangus to take the action he suggests?
(a) She is afraid of her husband's wrath.
(b) It will not help to stop the wedding.
(c) It will stop the wedding.
(d) It will allow the Count to go unpunished.
6. Of what does Mangus reassure the Queen?
(a) the ghost is not her son.
(b) The ghost does not really know Teresina.
(c) He will be able to free Teresina of the haunting.
(d) The ghost is harmless.
7. What gives Fabrizio an opportunity to speak with Teresina?
(a) The King suggests Fabrizio speak to her.
(b) The Princess falls back from the rest of the group.
(c) All the confusion over the murder.
(d) He is unable to speak to the princess.
8. Who calls from the cabinet door?
(a) The King.
(c) The Count.
(d) The Queen.
9. Why does Fabrizio not know the time after he wakes?
(a) There are no windows to see that it is dark outside.
(b) He knocks over the candle while asleep.
(c) Fabrizio does not need to know the time.
(d) It is too dark to look at his watch.
10. What is Count Scarazoni doing as Fabrizio encounters him?
(a) Riding out of the portcullis.
(b) Trying to flee the scene of the murder.
(c) Being attacked by an unknown assailant.
(d) Rushing to the chapel.
11. What does Mangus say to Fabrizio's suggestion?
(a) The ghost could cause the King to have a heart attack.
(b) Mangus has already questioned Rinaldo.
(c) Mangus reluctantly agrees.
(d) Mangus tells him it is impossible.
12. Where is Mangus when Fabrizio returns to their chambers?
(a) Meeting with the Priest.
(c) Reading a book on ghosts.
13. Whom does Fabrizio see at the niche?
(c) The Queen.
14. What does Mangus ask of the King?
(a) To seal off the corrider where the ghost appears.
(b) To seal off the Chapel.
(c) For Mangus to use his magic to cleanse the Princess.
(d) To find out the truth about Lorenzo.
15. What does Mangus ask about the ghost?
(a) If Mangus proves its existence, will the marriage be delayed.
(b) If the ghost will appear with so many people around.
(c) If it always comes from the same direction.
(d) If they should ask the ghost to meet with them in the chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Fabrizio let out of his cell?
2. What does Fabrizio find that makes him suspect the Count eavesdrops on what is going on in Teresina's apartment?
3. Why is Fabrizio given a candle?
4. What does Mangus have the Princess do?
5. Who comes to lead Mangus and Fabrizio to the area where the ghost is usually spotted?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)