|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fabrizio find in Rinaldo's room?
(a) A lock of the Princess' hair.
(b) The missing coat of arms.
(c) The missing vase.
(d) The missing statue.
2. Where does Count Scarazoni go?
(a) Into the chapel.
(b) To Naples.
(c) To his country estate.
(d) To Rome.
3. For how long has Teresina been seeing a ghost in the corridor?
(a) Since she was a baby.
(b) Three days.
(c) A month or so.
(d) Several years.
4. Where is the first place Fabrizio goes?
(a) To spy on Addetto.
(b) To speak with Rinaldo.
(c) To try to encounter the Princess.
(d) To take a brief nap.
5. Who seems reluctant to talk about Prince Lorenzo?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen.
(d) The Count.
6. What does Mangus tell Fabrizio about the niche?
(a) Mangus thinks there is something significant about that particular niche.
(b) Mangus must know what happened to the coat of arms.
(c) Mangus must know what happened to the vase.
(d) Mangus must know what happened to the statue.
7. Why is Fabrizio engaged in his actions at the beginning of the book?
(a) He worries his master does not eat often enough.
(b) He is exhausted from a long march.
(c) He is in love with the cook.
(d) He wants to learn Mangus' future.
8. Who else has seen the ghost?
(a) One of the ladies-in-waiting.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her nanny.
(d) Her dog.
9. What does the Queen find in the cabinet with the hidden door?
(a) One of the Princess' bracelets.
(b) The body of Signore Addetto.
(c) A box of letters.
(d) The body of Count Scarazoni.
10. What is odd about the King's request to Mangus?
(a) The King acts as though Mangus is an honored guest.
(b) The King does not believe Mangus is a magician.
(c) Mangus has told the King he cannot actually use magic.
(d) The King forbids magic to be used.
11. Who asks to speak to Mangus while the soldier is leading them?
(a) The Royal Librarian.
(b) Signore Addetto.
(c) The King.
12. The Count wants whom to avoid seeing Mangus?
(a) The people of the city and castle.
(b) His brother the King.
(c) His brother the Count.
(d) No one.
13. How does Mangus get to the castle?
(b) In a closed, unmarked carriage.
(c) He does not go to the castle.
(d) On his horse.
14. Where is Prince Lorenzo?
(a) He is in conference with the King.
(b) He is at a noble's estate.
(c) He is on a mission to another country.
(d) He has disappeared while traveling.
15. Whom is Rinaldo avoiding?
(a) Count Scarazoni.
(b) The Princess.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the royal family's private chapel?
2. Whom does Mangus thank?
3. According to Teresina, where is her brother?
4. What does Mangus reply to the person who wants to speak to him?
5. Why is Mangus grateful?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)