|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems reluctant to talk about Prince Lorenzo?
(a) The King.
(b) The Count.
(c) The Queen.
2. What does Fabrizio do a second time when he is sent away by Mangus?
(a) Gets lost.
(b) Sees the ghost.
(c) Sees the man who murdered the Count.
(d) Talks with the same chambermaid.
3. What is wrong with the Princess?
(a) She is mute.
(b) She is gravely ill.
(c) She is being held hostage.
(d) She is possessed by a ghost.
4. Who comes searching for Fabrizio?
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother.
(c) A priest.
(d) A soldier.
5. Whom does Mangus not trust?
(a) Count Scarazoni.
(c) The King.
6. What does Mangus reply to the person who wants to speak to him?
(a) To wait.
(b) To speak to the King.
(c) To leave and not return.
(d) To return in a few hours.
7. What does Fabrizio accidentally do when Mangus and he are alone?
(a) Breaks Mangus' quill pen.
(b) Rips Mangus' robe.
(c) Breaks the water jug.
(d) Trips and bruises his face.
8. Whom does Fabrizio go upstairs to see?
(b) The carpenter.
(c) The chambermaid.
(d) The chatelaine.
9. How do the soldiers know Mangus is there?
(a) They do not know Mangus' whereabouts.
(b) He removes his hood.
(c) He tells them his name.
(d) The Count accidentally calls to him.
10. Where does Count Scarazoni go?
(a) To Naples.
(b) Into the chapel.
(c) To Rome.
(d) To his country estate.
11. What is causing concern for Fabrizio?
(a) Mangus is to be put to death.
(b) Mangus is ill.
(c) Mangus may fire Fabrizio.
(d) The tarot cards' layout becomes jumbled.
12. Where is the royal family's private chapel?
(a) Through a door behind the tapestries where Fabrizio and Rinaldo hide.
(b) On the next floor up from where Fabrizio and Rinaldo hide.
(c) In the bell tower on top of the castle.
(d) Down the passageway where Fabrizio and Rinaldo hide.
13. Who is Teresina?
(a) Mangus's daughter.
(b) The Count's daughter.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Queen's lady-in-waiting.
14. Where is Fabrizio forced to hide?
(a) Under the King's pew.
(b) Behind a tapestry.
(c) Up in the arches.
(d) Behind the altar.
15. Why does Mangus chastise Fabrizio?
(a) For using magic.
(b) For breaking the water jug.
(c) For talking to the Princess.
(d) For taking money from Sophia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rinaldo hide?
2. How does Mangus get to the castle?
3. What does Fabrizio take to Mangus?
4. Why does her father choose the particular date for Teresina's marriage?
5. Where is the first place Fabrizio goes?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)