|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rinaldo hide?
(a) Under a bench.
(b) In the bell tower.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In a cabinet.
2. Where does the soldier take Mangus and Fabrizio?
(a) To interview the Princess.
(b) To the royal library.
(c) To eat in the dining hall with the King and Queen.
(d) To talk to Count Scarazoni.
3. Where does Fabrizio's guide direct Fabrizio?
(a) To a hiding place in a hidden passageway.
(b) To the attic.
(c) To a secret stairway.
(d) To a secret door.
4. Mangus and Fabrizio are left ______________.
(a) With several minor wizards to help Mangus.
(b) Beaten for Mangus' insolence.
(c) With a bag of gold.
(d) Under guard.
5. Why is Mangus grateful?
(a) The Queen offers him money to heal her son..
(b) The King grants him a noble title.
(c) He was not executed at his last trial.
(d) The King grants him a stipend.
6. Who talks to Fabrizio after Fabrizio leaves the chapel?
(a) Prince Lorenzo.
(b) The King.
(c) The Princess.
(d) Count Scarazoni.
7. Where does Mangus go after talking with Teresina?
(a) To tell the King about Addetto.
(b) The an area where Teresina sees the ghost.
(c) To speak to the Queen about the wedding date.
(d) To speak to the King about Scarzoni.
8. What does the Count hope to gain by the Prince's death?
(a) The gratitude of the people.
(b) The favor of the nobles.
(c) The end to the King's line.
(d) Marriage to Teresina.
9. Where is the royal family's private chapel?
(a) In the bell tower on top of the castle.
(b) On the next floor up from where Fabrizio and Rinaldo hide.
(c) Through a door behind the tapestries where Fabrizio and Rinaldo hide.
(d) Down the passageway where Fabrizio and Rinaldo hide.
10. Whom is Rinaldo avoiding?
(a) The Princess.
(c) The King.
(d) Count Scarazoni.
11. How does Mangus get to the castle?
(a) In a closed, unmarked carriage.
(b) He does not go to the castle.
(d) On his horse.
12. What does Fabrizio see when he gets lost in the castle?
(a) The Princess being murdered.
(b) The Count being murdered.
(c) A green light that becomes a human figure.
(d) One of the guards stealing a jewel.
13. What happens as Fabrizio is being guided back to his rooms?
(a) The Princess comes out of her rooms to talk.
(b) He trips and drops a large platter of food.
(c) His guide becomes suddenly frightened.
(d) They encounter the King.
14. What does Fabrizio find in Rinaldo's room?
(a) The missing statue.
(b) The missing coat of arms.
(c) The missing vase.
(d) A lock of the Princess' hair.
15. Where does Count Scarazoni go?
(a) Into the chapel.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To his country estate.
(d) To Naples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Fabrizio finally arrives at the kitchen?
2. What does the King believe will not interfere with Mangus' investigation?
3. What does Fabrizio take to Mangus?
4. Where does Mangus send Fabrizio?
5. What does Mangus say he will do?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)