|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Count Scarazoni go?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To Naples.
(c) Into the chapel.
(d) To his country estate.
2. What do Mangus and Fabrizio do when they are alone?
(a) Conjure up spells.
(c) Read books about ghosts.
3. Who is Teresina?
(a) Mangus's daughter.
(b) The Princess.
(c) The Queen's lady-in-waiting.
(d) The Count's daughter.
4. What hides the secret entrance to the chapel?
(a) The cabinet where Rinaldo hides.
(b) The King's bench.
(c) A mirrored wall.
(d) The altar cloth.
5. What does Mangus say he will do?
(a) Whatever he can to help the Count.
(b) Go into voluntary exile.
(c) Stop practicing magic.
(d) Whatever he can to help the King.
6. What surprises the Queen about Mangus' interview with the Princess?
(a) Mangus took Fabrizio along when interviewing the Princess.
(b) The Princess mentions her engagement.
(c) Mangus believes the Princess is not stable.
(d) The Princess does not tell Mangus everything.
7. Who else has seen the ghost?
(a) One of the ladies-in-waiting.
(b) Her dog.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her nanny.
8. Who comes searching for Fabrizio?
(a) His sister.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A priest.
(d) His brother.
9. Where does Mangus send Fabrizio?
(a) To the royal library.
(b) To the stables.
(c) To the apothecary.
(d) To the kitchen.
10. With whom does Count Scarazoni talk?
(a) Prince Lorenzo.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The King.
(d) Signore Addetto.
11. Where does Mangus go after talking with Teresina?
(a) The an area where Teresina sees the ghost.
(b) To speak to the King about Scarzoni.
(c) To speak to the Queen about the wedding date.
(d) To tell the King about Addetto.
12. Why does her father choose the particular date for Teresina's marriage?
(a) The stars seem to auger it.
(b) It is his and Teresina's mother's anniversary.
(c) He wants all his allies to have time to come to the wedding.
(d) He wants to pacify the ghost.
13. What does Teresina say about how the ghost communicates with her?
(a) By pointing to words in a book.
(b) By automatic writing.
(c) The ghost speaks directly into her mind.
(d) By non-verbal communication.
14. Where is the royal family's private chapel?
(a) On the next floor up from where Fabrizio and Rinaldo hide.
(b) Down the passageway where Fabrizio and Rinaldo hide.
(c) Through a door behind the tapestries where Fabrizio and Rinaldo hide.
(d) In the bell tower on top of the castle.
15. Upon what mission does Mangus send Fabrizio?
(a) To find a book of spells.
(b) To question the Princess.
(c) To ask the Count for some magical supplies.
(d) To get food.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Mangus to interview the Princess?
2. Where is Prince Lorenzo?
3. How do the soldiers know Mangus is there?
4. Who is Scarazoni?
5. What does the Queen find in the cabinet with the hidden door?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)