• The novel is set in 1491 in the fictional Kingdom of Pergamontio, which appears to be somewhere in Italy based on the speech of the characters.
• Fabrizio , servant to Mangus the Magician, is reading tarot cards, hoping to learn Mangus' future, when there is a knock at the door.
• A soldier gives a letter of summons from the Count for Mangus to come to the castle the next day.
• Count Scarazoni had Mangus tried for using magic months before.
• Fabrizio is concerned that Mangus is finally to be put to death for his crime and asks to come along, to which Mangus says yes.
• Fabrizio and Mangus ride to the castle in a carriage with Count Scarazoni.
• Mangus is told to keep his head covered so the people will not know Mangus has been summoned to the castle.
• At the castle when Mangus removes his hood, several...
This section contains 1,732 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)