|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant does Minerva need to counteract Danny's work against Williams?
2. What allows Savannahians to flourish?
3. What is Williams' demeanor regarding his case?
4. What happens with Williams' fourth trial?
5. If Williams' appeal fails, he will either transform Mercer House into a rehab center or ______________________________________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The role of women in the South is also addressed in this story. Explain the theme that extends through all the female characters? How is the Married Woman's Card Club both inclusive and prejudicial at the same time? What is the presumed role of women in Savannah. Explain by giving examples.
Essay Topic 2
Define the nature of this book. How is it a non-fiction piece? What makes it a work of fiction? How are the two styles blended to make a credible story?
Essay Topic 3
What element of society is represented by Danny Hansford? What is the author's message about the implications of trying to blend social classes? What is Savannah's perception of Danny both before and after his death?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)