|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens less than a month after Williams' Christmas party?
2. Who is Minerva?
3. How is homosexuality perceived in Savannah?
4. What is Williams' continuing demeanor about his case?
5. Who is still going to work on Williams' behalf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jim's situation at the end of Chapter 25?
2. Describe Minerva.
3. Why do Jim and Minerva visit Danny's grave?
4. What is the Garden of Good and Evil?
5. What happens a few weeks after Jim's Christmas party?
6. What is Joe's opinion about Jim's prospects?
7. What is the nature of the bad news facing Jim in Chapter 24?
8. What is the narrator's opinion of Savannah's unique qualities?
9. What is the verdict in Jim's third trial?
10. What is the result of the trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Savannah seems to be a city of contrasts in that it tolerates eccentrics like men who wear eye shadow and walk invisible dogs to intolerance for homosexuals and unmarried women. Explain the nature of Savannah's culture that allows some behaviors to thrive unnoticed and some which are usually considered to be normal to be considered offensive.
Essay Topic 2
What element of society is represented by Danny Hansford? What is the author's message about the implications of trying to blend social classes? What is Savannah's perception of Danny both before and after his death?
Essay Topic 3
From whose perspective is this story told? Why did the author choose this point of view? What does this perspective allow the author to do that he could not have done with any other? Explain.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)