|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Williams assured of?
2. What allows Savannahians to flourish?
3. Who is Danny Hansford's mother?
4. Who is Minerva?
5. Why is the answer to #142 not invited to the event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fact does Sonny use to Jim's benefit to speed up the trial?
2. How does Jim's mother behave during Jim's incarceration?
3. Why does Joe get in trouble for giving tours of the Hamilton-Turner House where he is residing?
4. What prompts Joe Odom to issue a veiled threat to the narrator about the narrator's presence in Savannah?
5. What are the implications of homosexuality in Jim's trial?
6. What is the outcome of Jim's second trial?
7. How does Bobby Cook get Jim a new trial?
8. How does Chapter 27 begin?
9. What does Jim tell the narrator about the night Danny was killed?
10. Why do Jim and Minerva visit Danny's grave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Jim Williams and Joe Odom. How are they similar? How are they dissimilar? How do they each manage to survive in Savannah society?
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's purpose for including the character of Chablis? What does Chablis represent? How does Chablis stand out in a city filled with eccentrics? Why is the narrator strangely befriended by Chablis?
Essay Topic 3
From whose perspective is this story told? Why did the author choose this point of view? What does this perspective allow the author to do that he could not have done with any other? Explain.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)