|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Minerva?
2. What are Judge Oliver and Sonny Seiler primarily interested in?
3. What is Williams' continuing demeanor about his case?
4. What is Joe Odom's opinion of Danny Hansford's murder?
5. What does Williams want Minerva to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Uga.
2. How is Savannah described in Chapter 30?
3. What is the outcome of Jim's second trial?
4. What does Jim plan for his mother while he is incarcerated?
5. How does Chapter 27 begin?
6. What is the result of the trial?
7. Why is Sonny Seiler confident that Jim's second trial will be speedy with a positive outcome?
8. What does Jim tell the narrator about the night Danny was killed?
9. What happens after Jim is taken to jail?
10. What fact does Sonny use to Jim's benefit to speed up the trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does alcohol play in the story? The author seems to think it is the core of most of the problems of Savannahians. Describe some situations involving alcohol which are considered quite ordinary in Savannah and would probably be frowned upon anywhere else.
Essay Topic 2
What does Danny Hansford symbolize in Savannah society? What is his relationship with Jim Williams? Is it unfeasible for either one of them to believe that they could have any type of relationship given the chasm between their places in society?
Essay Topic 3
From whose perspective is this story told? Why did the author choose this point of view? What does this perspective allow the author to do that he could not have done with any other? Explain.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)