|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day is Savannah's most famous parade held?
2. What happens at the end of the trial?
3. What is Williams' continuing demeanor about his case?
4. What does Williams avoid admitting to himself?
5. What movie begins shooting outside Mercer House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joe's opinion about Jim's prospects?
2. How does Jim's mother behave during Jim's incarceration?
3. How does Bobby Cook get Jim a new trial?
4. What is the Black Debutante Ball?
5. What fact does Sonny use to Jim's benefit to speed up the trial?
6. What is the verdict in Jim's third trial?
7. How does Chapter 27 begin?
8. What prompts Joe Odom to issue a veiled threat to the narrator about the narrator's presence in Savannah?
9. What is the outcome of Jim's second trial?
10. What is the Garden of Good and Evil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What element of society is represented by Danny Hansford? What is the author's message about the implications of trying to blend social classes? What is Savannah's perception of Danny both before and after his death?
Essay Topic 2
From whose perspective is this story told? Why did the author choose this point of view? What does this perspective allow the author to do that he could not have done with any other? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Define the nature of this book. How is it a non-fiction piece? What makes it a work of fiction? How are the two styles blended to make a credible story?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)