|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the nurse that Sonny Seiler calls to testify at the third trial?
2. What are Judge Oliver and Sonny Seiler primarily interested in?
3. What is Williams' continuing demeanor about his case?
4. Who works the party in a maid's uniform?
5. In whose involvement of the case does Williams show more interest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the bad news facing Jim in Chapter 24?
2. How does Chapter 27 begin?
3. Describe Minerva.
4. Why does Joe get in trouble for giving tours of the Hamilton-Turner House where he is residing?
5. What does Jim tell the narrator about the night Danny was killed?
6. What is the Garden of Good and Evil?
7. What news gradually supersedes Jim's murder case in Savannah?
8. How is Savannah described in Chapter 30?
9. How does Jim spend his time while incarcerated?
10. What prompts Joe Odom to issue a veiled threat to the narrator about the narrator's presence in Savannah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Savannah seems to be a city of contrasts in that it tolerates eccentrics like men who wear eye shadow and walk invisible dogs to intolerance for homosexuals and unmarried women. Explain the nature of Savannah's culture that allows some behaviors to thrive unnoticed and some which are usually considered to be normal to be considered offensive.
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's purpose for including the character of Chablis? What does Chablis represent? How does Chablis stand out in a city filled with eccentrics? Why is the narrator strangely befriended by Chablis?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Jim Williams and Joe Odom. How are they similar? How are they dissimilar? How do they each manage to survive in Savannah society?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)