|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 13 provides a prelude to __________________________.
2. What is Williams' mother's name?
3. What does Williams' mother believe about him?
4. Where do Danny and Corinne have sex?
5. How was Danny Hansfor murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Jim Williams and Lee and Emma Adler?
2. What do the police find when they arrive at Jim's home on the night of the murder?
3. What does Jim say about the guests who attend his Christmas party this year?
4. Why is Joe Odom becoming increasingly unpopular in Savannah?
5. What is the nature of Joe's court appearance?
6. Where do Joe and his girlfriend, Mandy, go after they are evicted for not paying rent?
7. What is Jim's explanation of the murder?
8. Why is Luther known as "the inventor?"
9. Who is Joe Odom?
10. Why does Joe Odom move out of the Pulaski House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Savannah seems to be a city of contrasts in that it tolerates eccentrics like men who wear eye shadow and walk invisible dogs to intolerance for homosexuals and unmarried women. Explain the nature of Savannah's culture that allows some behaviors to thrive unnoticed and some which are usually considered to be normal to be considered offensive.
Essay Topic 2
What does Danny Hansford symbolize in Savannah society? What is his relationship with Jim Williams? Is it unfeasible for either one of them to believe that they could have any type of relationship given the chasm between their places in society?
Essay Topic 3
From whose perspective is this story told? Why did the author choose this point of view? What does this perspective allow the author to do that he could not have done with any other? Explain.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)