|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Savannah coroner?
2. What is Luther's newest invention?
3. To what does Jim invite the answer to #56 each year?
4. Why is Williams' attorney chosen?
5. What is being hosted at Cynthia Collins' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chablis?
2. What is interesting about William Glover?
3. What do the police find when they arrive at Jim's home on the night of the murder?
4. Who are Jim's attorneys?
5. What is Jim's explanation of the murder?
6. What is the relationship between Corinne and Danny?
7. What role does alcohol play in Savannah?
8. What does Jim say about the guests who attend his Christmas party this year?
9. What are Joe Odom's plans after Moon Tompkins steals the money from Emma's?
10. Where do Joe and his girlfriend, Mandy, go after they are evicted for not paying rent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of isolation is an important one in this story. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 2
Johnny Mercer is probably Savannah's most notable citizen. Who was he? Even though he is not a character in the book, how is his presence felt? Does Jim Williams think he is buying the Mercer mystique when he buys Mercer House? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters is lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)