|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what religion is Lee Adler affiliated?
2. What does Chablis do to appear more feminine?
3. What is the amount of Williams' bond?
4. Why do most people at the party think Jim will be declared innocent?
5. What is the name of the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Jim's attorneys?
2. How does the narrator develop a fascination with Savannah?
3. What is the Married Woman's Card Club?
4. To what city do Savannahians sometimes compare their own?
5. Where do Joe and his girlfriend, Mandy, go after they are evicted for not paying rent?
6. What do the police find when they arrive at Jim's home on the night of the murder?
7. Who is Jim Williams?
8. Why do Corinne and Danny go to Bonaventure Cemetery?
9. Why does Chablis call the narrator?
10. What is the relationship between Corinne and Danny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does alcohol play in the story? The author seems to think it is the core of most of the problems of Savannahians. Describe some situations involving alcohol which are considered quite ordinary in Savannah and would probably be frowned upon anywhere else.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of isolation is an important one in this story. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 3
How does Jim Williams symbolize the upper class of Savannah society? What rights and privileges do Williams and his peers enjoy? How does Williams' nouveau riche status alter his perception slightly from those who come from well-established money?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)