|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Minerva?
(a) Williams' aunt
(b) The mistress of a deceased root doctor
(c) Williams' housekeeper
(d) Luther Driggers' sister
2. Who moves into Mercer House while Williams is in jail?
(b) Danny Hansford's mother
(d) Mrs. Williams
3. What does the prosecutor bring to light about Williams?
(a) He is losing his business
(b) He is racially prejudiced
(c) He has an alcohol problem
(d) He used to pay Danny for sex
4. What kind of weapon killed Danny Hansford?
(a) Winchester rifle
(b) Colt 45 gun
(c) Carving knife
(d) German Luger gun
5. What does the answer to #142 do to embarrass the narrator?
(a) Mentions her white boyfriend
(b) Gets into a fight
(c) Drinks too much
(d) Dances too provocatively
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of Sonny Seiler's discomfort at the upcoming trial?
2. What does Williams call his black cellmates?
3. What happens with Williams' fourth trial?
4. Where does Joe live now?
5. What bad news does Williams face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Uga.
2. What prompts Joe Odom to issue a veiled threat to the narrator about the narrator's presence in Savannah?
3. What does Jim plan for his mother while he is incarcerated?
4. What fact does Sonny use to Jim's benefit to speed up the trial?
5. Why does Joe get in trouble for giving tours of the Hamilton-Turner House where he is residing?
6. What happens a few weeks after Jim's Christmas party?
7. What is the nature of the bad news facing Jim in Chapter 24?
8. What are the circumstances of Jim's fourth trial?
9. How does Bobby Cook get Jim a new trial?
10. How is Savannah described in Chapter 30?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)