|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders a new trial for Williams?
(a) The Georgia Supreme Court
(b) Judge Oliver
(c) His lawyer
(d) His mother
2. What does Williams want Minerva to do?
(a) Tell his fortune
(b) Put a curse on Lawton
(c) Put a curse on Judge Oliver
(d) Stop communicating with Danny
3. What is at the core of all of Savannah's problems?
(a) Its isolation from the rest of the world
(b) Its refusal to change with the times
(c) People drink too much alcohol
(d) The politicians are all crooked
4. Williams is angered about police and public treatment of ______________________.
(a) His friends
(b) Mercer House
(c) His mother
(d) His business
5. What makes the narrator real in the end?
(a) His opinions of Savannah
(b) His published resume
(c) His published e-mail address
(d) A picture at the end of the chapter
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joe live now?
2. What are Williams, his mother and sister doing as they wait for the jury's verdict?
3. What does Mrs. Williams do every week in anticipation of her son's release?
4. What bad news does Williams face?
5. To what does Williams testify?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome of Jim's second trial?
2. What are the implications of homosexuality in Jim's trial?
3. What is Jim's situation at the end of Chapter 25?
4. What are the circumstances of Jim's fourth trial?
5. How does Jim's mother behave during Jim's incarceration?
6. What is the narrator's opinion of Savannah's unique qualities?
7. Why do Jim and Minerva visit Danny's grave?
8. Describe Minerva.
9. What happens a few weeks after Jim's Christmas party?
10. Describe Judge Oliver's behavior in court to show his boredom with the case.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)