|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Williams' appeal fails, he will either transform Mercer House into a rehab center or ______________________________________________.
(a) Blow it up so Danny's mother can't live there
(b) A museum
(c) A homeless shelter
(d) A library branch
2. What event does the narrator attend?
(a) The Chamber of Commerce Chili Supper
(b) The Savannah Junior League Cotillion
(c) The Annual Black Debutante Ball
(d) The Knights of Columbus Fish Fry
3. Of what does Mandy accuse Joe Odom?
4. How many more years pass before Williams' fourth trial begins?
5. Who is not invited to the event but crashes it anyway?
(c) Serena Dawes
(d) Mrs. Williams
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Williams' demeanor regarding his case?
2. Who is Minerva?
3. What does the answer to #142 do to embarrass the narrator?
4. Why is the answer to #142 not invited to the event?
5. Who is the nurse that Sonny Seiler calls to testify at the third trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances of Jim's fourth trial?
2. What happens after Jim is taken to jail?
3. Why do Jim and Minerva visit Danny's grave?
4. How does Jim's mother behave during Jim's incarceration?
5. What prompts Joe Odom to issue a veiled threat to the narrator about the narrator's presence in Savannah?
6. What is the outcome of Jim's second trial?
7. What is the result of the trial?
8. Describe Uga.
9. What seems to ease Mrs. Williams' mind about the rumors of Jim's homosexuality?
10. What news gradually supersedes Jim's murder case in Savannah?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)