|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plant does Minerva need to counteract Danny's work against Williams?
(a) Venus Flytrap
(c) Devil's shoesting
(d) Hanging ivy
2. Why is Williams confident that he will win a third time?
(a) There are new witnesses
(b) There is new evidence
(c) There is a new judge
(d) The deciding factor will be money
3. What is the source of Sonny Seiler's discomfort at the upcoming trial?
(a) Minervan is an unsettling presence in the courtroom
(b) Williams' homosexuality has engendered negative feelings
(c) The issue of the lack of gunpowder residue on Danny's hands
(d) Williams is running out of money
4. How much does Joe make from the tours each week?
5. What happens with Williams' fourth trial?
(a) It is considered a mistrial
(b) He is exonerated
(c) He is sentenced to death
(d) He is convicted
Short Answer Questions
1. Williams is angered about police and public treatment of ______________________.
2. What does Williams call his black cellmates?
3. Who is Minerva?
4. What does Williams want Minerva to do?
5. Who is Uga?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news gradually supersedes Jim's murder case in Savannah?
2. What are the circumstances of Jim's fourth trial?
3. What fact does Sonny use to Jim's benefit to speed up the trial?
4. Describe Judge Oliver's behavior in court to show his boredom with the case.
5. How does Jim spend his time while incarcerated?
6. How does Bobby Cook get Jim a new trial?
7. Why does Joe get in trouble for giving tours of the Hamilton-Turner House where he is residing?
8. What is Jim's situation at the end of Chapter 25?
9. What seems to ease Mrs. Williams' mind about the rumors of Jim's homosexuality?
10. How is Savannah described in Chapter 30?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)