|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Savannahians view outsiders?
2. What event does the narrator attend?
(a) The Annual Black Debutante Ball
(b) The Knights of Columbus Fish Fry
(c) The Savannah Junior League Cotillion
(d) The Chamber of Commerce Chili Supper
3. How is homosexuality perceived in Savannah?
(a) It is no big deal
(b) It is a sin
(c) It is taboo
(d) It is fun
4. Where does Minerva live?
(a) A shack on Tybee Island
(b) A trailer on the edge of Savannah
(c) A little house in Beaufort, SC
(d) A farmhouse outside of Augusta
5. Who works the party in a maid's uniform?
(b) Mrs. Williams
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant does Minerva need to counteract Danny's work against Williams?
2. According to Williams, what was Danny's demeanor on the night of the murder?
3. What does Williams' emphasize on the stand?
4. What movie begins shooting outside Mercer House?
5. To what does Williams testify?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news gradually supersedes Jim's murder case in Savannah?
2. Describe Uga.
3. What is the Garden of Good and Evil?
4. How does Chapter 27 begin?
5. Why is Sonny Seiler confident that Jim's second trial will be speedy with a positive outcome?
6. What happens after Jim is taken to jail?
7. Why do Jim and Minerva visit Danny's grave?
8. What are the implications of homosexuality in Jim's trial?
9. What is the nature of the bad news facing Jim in Chapter 24?
10. What is the Black Debutante Ball?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)