|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams call his black cellmates?
(a) The colored
(b) The noirs
(d) His homeys
2. What is Williams assured of?
(a) He will not be transferred to the state penitentiary immediately
(b) He will get another trial
(c) He will be released soon
(d) He will not be put in with the general population at the jail
3. What is Williams' continuing demeanor about his case?
4. Who is the judge at Jim's trial?
(a) Judge Seiler
(b) Judge Johnson
(c) Judge Hall
(d) Judge Oliver
5. Who is not invited to the event but crashes it anyway?
(b) Serena Dawes
(d) Mrs. Williams
Short Answer Questions
1. Williams goes back to his _________________________.
2. Why does Minerva get angry at Danny's grave?
3. What does Mrs. Williams take to Williams in jail?
4. What is the verdict reached by the jury?
5. If Williams' appeal fails, he will either transform Mercer House into a rehab center or ______________________________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the bad news facing Jim in Chapter 24?
2. Describe Uga.
3. Why does Joe get in trouble for giving tours of the Hamilton-Turner House where he is residing?
4. How is Savannah described in Chapter 30?
5. Describe Minerva.
6. What is the Black Debutante Ball?
7. What is the narrator's opinion of Savannah's unique qualities?
8. What is Jim's situation at the end of Chapter 25?
9. What does Jim plan for his mother while he is incarcerated?
10. What is the result of the trial?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)