|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the enemy that Williams likes to keep close?
(a) The narrator
(b) Lee Adler
(c) Sonny Seiler
(d) Luther Driggers
2. What is the outcome of Williams' second trial?
(a) He is found innocent of murder
(b) He is found guilty of murder
(c) The case is thrown out
(d) There is another mistrial
3. Why are Savannah residents unhappy with the local art college?
(a) The campus is not maintained
(b) The tuition keeps rising
(c) It draws too many out -of-state students
(d) It breeds liberally-minded students
4. Why is Williams confident that he will win a third time?
(a) The deciding factor will be money
(b) There is a new judge
(c) There is new evidence
(d) There are new witnesses
5. What does Judge Oliver do in court every day?
(a) Falls asleep
(b) Removes jurors
(c) Listens to his radio
(d) Drinks coffee with bourbon in it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works the party in a maid's uniform?
2. What happens less than a month after Williams' Christmas party?
3. What is the verdict reached by the jury?
4. How many more years pass before Williams' fourth trial begins?
5. Of what does Mandy accuse Joe Odom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joe's opinion about Jim's prospects?
2. How is Savannah described in Chapter 30?
3. What is the Black Debutante Ball?
4. Describe Minerva.
5. Why do Jim and Minerva visit Danny's grave?
6. How does Jim spend his time while incarcerated?
7. How does Chapter 27 begin?
8. What prompts Joe Odom to issue a veiled threat to the narrator about the narrator's presence in Savannah?
9. What is the Garden of Good and Evil?
10. What happens after Jim is taken to jail?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)