|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams plan for the first time in eight years?
(a) A Fourth of July block party
(b) A quiet evening at home
(c) A birthday party for his mother
(d) His Christmas party
2. Where does Joe get the money to pay traffic tickets?
(a) His girlfriend's purse
(b) The narrator
(c) His house tours fund
(d) The cash register at Sweet Georgia Brown's
3. How much does Joe make from the tours each week?
4. Where is Williams' fourth trial held?
5. How long does the jury deliberate?
(a) One week
(b) One month
(c) One day
(d) One hour
Short Answer Questions
1. If Williams' appeal fails, he will either transform Mercer House into a rehab center or ______________________________________________.
2. What fee does Williams get for the use of Mercer House?
3. What is the name of the cell Williams inhabits?
4. Of what does Mandy accuse Joe Odom?
5. Who is not invited to the event but crashes it anyway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim tell the narrator about the night Danny was killed?
2. How is Savannah described in Chapter 30?
3. What is the narrator's opinion of Savannah's unique qualities?
4. What is Joe's opinion about Jim's prospects?
5. What prompts Joe Odom to issue a veiled threat to the narrator about the narrator's presence in Savannah?
6. Describe Judge Oliver's behavior in court to show his boredom with the case.
7. What seems to ease Mrs. Williams' mind about the rumors of Jim's homosexuality?
8. How does Jim's mother behave during Jim's incarceration?
9. What is Jim's situation at the end of Chapter 25?
10. How does Jim spend his time while incarcerated?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)