|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is at the core of all of Savannah's problems?
(a) Its refusal to change with the times
(b) Its isolation from the rest of the world
(c) People drink too much alcohol
(d) The politicians are all crooked
2. Williams is angered about police and public treatment of ______________________.
(a) His friends
(b) Mercer House
(c) His mother
(d) His business
3. What does the prosecutor bring to light about Williams?
(a) He is losing his business
(b) He is racially prejudiced
(c) He used to pay Danny for sex
(d) He has an alcohol problem
4. What bad news does Williams face?
(a) His antiques shop was vandalized
(b) His mother has cancer
(c) The judge has denied his appeal for a new trial
(d) He has no more phone privileges
5. With whom does the narrator watch the parade?
(b) Jim Williams
(c) Joe Odom
(d) Sonny Seiler
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens less than a month after Williams' Christmas party?
2. Who orders a new trial for Williams?
3. What plant does Minerva need to counteract Danny's work against Williams?
4. What allows Savannahians to flourish?
5. Who does Williams invite to Mercer House?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jim and Minerva visit Danny's grave?
2. Describe Judge Oliver's behavior in court to show his boredom with the case.
3. What are the implications of homosexuality in Jim's trial?
4. What is Joe's opinion about Jim's prospects?
5. What is the Garden of Good and Evil?
6. What is the result of the trial?
7. How does Chapter 27 begin?
8. How does Jim's mother behave during Jim's incarceration?
9. Describe Minerva.
10. What is the nature of the bad news facing Jim in Chapter 24?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)