|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Savannah residents unhappy with the local art college?
(a) The campus is not maintained
(b) It breeds liberally-minded students
(c) The tuition keeps rising
(d) It draws too many out -of-state students
2. Who is not invited to the event but crashes it anyway?
(a) Mrs. Williams
(d) Serena Dawes
3. According to Williams, what was Danny's demeanor on the night of the murder?
(a) Confused and dazed
(b) Sleepy and lethargic
(c) Calm and collected
(d) Volatile and angry
4. What happens less than a month after Williams' Christmas party?
(a) Williams dies of natural causes
(b) The narrator moves back to New York
(c) Joe becomes the mayor of Savannah
(d) Minerva drowns in the Savannah River
5. Why is the answer to #142 not invited to the event?
(a) She does not know how to dance
(b) She always drinks too much
(c) Fear that she will be an embarrassment
(d) There are already too many women on the guest list
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams plan for his mother from his jail cell?
2. What does Williams' emphasize on the stand?
3. Who does Williams invite to Mercer House?
4. To what does the nurse testify?
5. Who is the judge at Jim's trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the verdict in Jim's third trial?
2. What does Jim plan for his mother while he is incarcerated?
3. What news gradually supersedes Jim's murder case in Savannah?
4. How does Jim's mother behave during Jim's incarceration?
5. What happens after Jim is taken to jail?
6. How does Bobby Cook get Jim a new trial?
7. Why do Jim and Minerva visit Danny's grave?
8. What is the narrator's opinion of Savannah's unique qualities?
9. What seems to ease Mrs. Williams' mind about the rumors of Jim's homosexuality?
10. Describe Uga.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)