|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams plan for his mother from his jail cell?
(a) A ladies luncheon
(b) A birthday party
(c) A Christmas party
(d) A homecoming party
2. Who is still going to work on Williams' behalf?
(b) Sonny Seiler
(c) Mrs. Williams
(d) Judge Oliver
3. Who is not invited to the event but crashes it anyway?
(a) Serena Dawes
(b) Mrs. Williams
4. What is at the core of all of Savannah's problems?
(a) The politicians are all crooked
(b) People drink too much alcohol
(c) Its isolation from the rest of the world
(d) Its refusal to change with the times
5. What are Judge Oliver and Sonny Seiler primarily interested in?
(a) Gin and tonics
(b) UGA football
(c) Stocks and bonds
(d) Bar Association meetings
Short Answer Questions
1. Williams is angered about police and public treatment of ______________________.
2. What happens at the end of the trial?
3. What happens less than a month after Williams' Christmas party?
4. What are Williams, his mother and sister doing as they wait for the jury's verdict?
5. Who is the nurse that Sonny Seiler calls to testify at the third trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe get in trouble for giving tours of the Hamilton-Turner House where he is residing?
2. What prompts Joe Odom to issue a veiled threat to the narrator about the narrator's presence in Savannah?
3. What is the Black Debutante Ball?
4. What is the nature of the bad news facing Jim in Chapter 24?
5. What is Jim's situation at the end of Chapter 25?
6. Describe Judge Oliver's behavior in court to show his boredom with the case.
7. How does Jim's mother behave during Jim's incarceration?
8. Describe Uga.
9. What fact does Sonny use to Jim's benefit to speed up the trial?
10. How does Chapter 27 begin?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)