|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams avoid admitting to himself?
(a) That his mother is terminally ill
(b) That he is still in jail
(c) That he may have killed Danny
(d) That his antiques business is failing
2. What is the source of Sonny Seiler's discomfort at the upcoming trial?
(a) The issue of the lack of gunpowder residue on Danny's hands
(b) Williams is running out of money
(c) Williams' homosexuality has engendered negative feelings
(d) Minervan is an unsettling presence in the courtroom
3. Mrs. Williams asks a party guest about Williams' _____________________.
(a) Christmas party
(b) Antiques business
(c) Sexual activities
(d) Tailored clothes
4. What bad news does Williams face?
(a) His mother has cancer
(b) His antiques shop was vandalized
(c) He has no more phone privileges
(d) The judge has denied his appeal for a new trial
5. Williams goes back to his _________________________.
(a) Accounting firm
(c) Law firm
(d) Antiques business
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the narrator watch the parade?
2. What does Williams do from jail?
3. What happens at the end of the trial?
4. In whose involvement of the case does Williams show more interest?
5. What event does the narrator attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fact does Sonny use to Jim's benefit to speed up the trial?
2. What is the verdict in Jim's third trial?
3. Describe Uga.
4. Describe Judge Oliver's behavior in court to show his boredom with the case.
5. How does Chapter 27 begin?
6. Describe Minerva.
7. What is Jim's situation at the end of Chapter 25?
8. What is the narrator's opinion of Savannah's unique qualities?
9. Why does Joe get in trouble for giving tours of the Hamilton-Turner House where he is residing?
10. How is Savannah described in Chapter 30?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)