|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Minerva get angry at Danny's grave?
(a) She forgot to bring all the herbs she needs
(b) Williams will not stop talking
(c) Her lantern keeps blowing out
(d) She hears Danny laughing at her
2. What replaces Jim Williams in the Savannah news stories?
(a) Holiday events articles
(b) Back-to-school information
(c) Articles on the economy
(d) Terrorism articles
3. What is the state of relations between blacks and whites in Savannah?
(a) There is no racial problem
(b) There are constant riots
(c) It is discouraging
(d) It is better than it has ever been
4. What does Williams tell the truth about the night Danny Hansford died?
(a) His mother
(b) Sonny Seiler
(c) The narrator
5. How long does the jury deliberate?
(a) One week
(b) One hour
(c) One month
(d) One day
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not invited to the event but crashes it anyway?
2. What does Mrs. Williams do every week in anticipation of her son's release?
3. What is Williams' demeanor regarding his case?
4. What makes the narrator real in the end?
5. What happens at the end of the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe get in trouble for giving tours of the Hamilton-Turner House where he is residing?
2. How does Jim's mother behave during Jim's incarceration?
3. What is the result of the trial?
4. What is the narrator's opinion of Savannah's unique qualities?
5. What news gradually supersedes Jim's murder case in Savannah?
6. What seems to ease Mrs. Williams' mind about the rumors of Jim's homosexuality?
7. What is the Black Debutante Ball?
8. What fact does Sonny use to Jim's benefit to speed up the trial?
9. What happens a few weeks after Jim's Christmas party?
10. What is Jim's situation at the end of Chapter 25?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)