|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Minverva refuse to testify?
(a) Her dead lover told her not to
(b) She knows one of the jurors
(c) It is not a good day according to her tea leaves
(d) Danny told her not to
2. Who is Minerva?
(a) Williams' housekeeper
(b) The mistress of a deceased root doctor
(c) Williams' aunt
(d) Luther Driggers' sister
3. What bad news does Williams face?
(a) He has no more phone privileges
(b) His antiques shop was vandalized
(c) The judge has denied his appeal for a new trial
(d) His mother has cancer
4. With whom does the narrator watch the parade?
(a) Jim Williams
(c) Sonny Seiler
(d) Joe Odom
5. Where is Williams' fourth trial held?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the answer to #142 not invited to the event?
2. Jim Williams uses his money to get his way while Joe Odom uses his _______________.
3. Williams goes back to his _________________________.
4. What allows Savannahians to flourish?
5. What does Williams tell the truth about the night Danny Hansford died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim tell the narrator about the night Danny was killed?
2. Describe Minerva.
3. How does Jim's mother behave during Jim's incarceration?
4. Describe Judge Oliver's behavior in court to show his boredom with the case.
5. What happens after Jim is taken to jail?
6. What are the circumstances of Jim's fourth trial?
7. What does Jim plan for his mother while he is incarcerated?
8. What prompts Joe Odom to issue a veiled threat to the narrator about the narrator's presence in Savannah?
9. How is Savannah described in Chapter 30?
10. How does Chapter 27 begin?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)