|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose involvement of the case does Williams show more interest?
(a) His mother's
(b) His attorney's
(c) The judge's
2. Who is still going to work on Williams' behalf?
(a) Sonny Seiler
(b) Mrs. Williams
(c) Judge Oliver
3. What does Mrs. Williams do every week in anticipation of her son's release?
(a) Bakes a cake
(b) Changes the bedding
(c) Cooks his favorite meal
(d) Plans a party
4. What does Williams avoid admitting to himself?
(a) That his mother is terminally ill
(b) That his antiques business is failing
(c) That he is still in jail
(d) That he may have killed Danny
5. Mrs. Williams asks a party guest about Williams' _____________________.
(a) Tailored clothes
(b) Christmas party
(c) Sexual activities
(d) Antiques business
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joe Odom's opinion of Danny Hansford's murder?
2. How does Minerva make her living?
3. What makes the narrator real in the end?
4. Why does Minverva refuse to testify?
5. To what does Williams testify?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Black Debutante Ball?
2. What happens a few weeks after Jim's Christmas party?
3. How is Savannah described in Chapter 30?
4. Why is Sonny Seiler confident that Jim's second trial will be speedy with a positive outcome?
5. What is the result of the trial?
6. How does Chapter 27 begin?
7. Why does Joe get in trouble for giving tours of the Hamilton-Turner House where he is residing?
8. What is the nature of the bad news facing Jim in Chapter 24?
9. What are the circumstances of Jim's fourth trial?
10. Describe Judge Oliver's behavior in court to show his boredom with the case.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)