|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Williams assured of?
(a) He will be released soon
(b) He will not be put in with the general population at the jail
(c) He will get another trial
(d) He will not be transferred to the state penitentiary immediately
2. How long does the jury deliberate?
(a) One month
(b) One hour
(c) One day
(d) One week
3. What does Williams avoid admitting to himself?
(a) That he may have killed Danny
(b) That his antiques business is failing
(c) That his mother is terminally ill
(d) That he is still in jail
4. After two days of deliberation, the jury is still split _____________ in favor of Williams' conviction.
(a) 5 to 6
(b) 10 to 1
(c) 8 to 3
(d) 7 to 4
5. According to Williams, what was Danny's demeanor on the night of the murder?
(a) Calm and collected
(b) Confused and dazed
(c) Sleepy and lethargic
(d) Volatile and angry
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Savannah residents unhappy with the local art college?
2. Where does Joe live now?
3. Where is Williams' fourth trial held?
4. To what does Williams testify?
5. What event does the narrator attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the bad news facing Jim in Chapter 24?
2. What does Jim tell the narrator about the night Danny was killed?
3. What is Joe's opinion about Jim's prospects?
4. What fact does Sonny use to Jim's benefit to speed up the trial?
5. What is the narrator's opinion of Savannah's unique qualities?
6. What prompts Joe Odom to issue a veiled threat to the narrator about the narrator's presence in Savannah?
7. Describe Uga.
8. What is Jim's situation at the end of Chapter 25?
9. How does Jim spend his time while incarcerated?
10. What are the circumstances of Jim's fourth trial?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)