|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Williams, his mother and sister doing as they wait for the jury's verdict?
(a) Eating lunch
(b) Pacing the floor
(c) Planning a party
2. According to Williams, what was Danny's demeanor on the night of the murder?
(a) Confused and dazed
(b) Calm and collected
(c) Volatile and angry
(d) Sleepy and lethargic
3. What allows Savannahians to flourish?
(a) Their openness
(b) Their seclusion
(c) Their location
(d) Their culture
4. What is at the core of all of Savannah's problems?
(a) Its refusal to change with the times
(b) The politicians are all crooked
(c) People drink too much alcohol
(d) Its isolation from the rest of the world
5. Williams goes back to his _________________________.
(a) Accounting firm
(b) Law firm
(d) Antiques business
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams do from jail?
2. Who is Uga?
3. What fee does Williams get for the use of Mercer House?
4. Why is Williams confident that he will win a third time?
5. What does Williams plan for the first time in eight years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bobby Cook get Jim a new trial?
2. What is Joe's opinion about Jim's prospects?
3. What is the Black Debutante Ball?
4. What is Jim's situation at the end of Chapter 25?
5. Describe Uga.
6. What happens a few weeks after Jim's Christmas party?
7. What news gradually supersedes Jim's murder case in Savannah?
8. What does Jim plan for his mother while he is incarcerated?
9. What are the circumstances of Jim's fourth trial?
10. How is Savannah described in Chapter 30?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)