|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 11 begins with a _____________________________.
(a) Description of the change of seasons in Savannah
(b) Newspaper article announcing the St. Patrick's Day Parade
(c) Poem about the beauty of Savannah
(d) A conversation between the narrator and Jim Williams
2. Who is the most famous musician associated with Savannah?
(a) Frank Sinatra
(b) Miles Davis
(c) Buddy Holly
(d) Johnny Mercer
3. What is the amount of Williams' bond?
4. Who is Serena Dawes?
(a) The president of the Savannah Junior League
(b) The president of The Savannah School Board
(c) The wife of the caretaker at Bonaventure Cemetery
(d) A former cigarette model who married into a wealthy family
5. There is a rumor about town that Luther has ___________________________________.
(a) Been divorced five times
(b) The deed to Joe Odom's house
(c) Money buried in his backyard
(d) Plans to poison the city's water supply
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Williams describe his guests?
2. What business does Emma Kelly own with Joe Odom?
3. What does Williams' mother believe about him?
4. Who is Many Nichols?
5. What does Chablis argue with her boss about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for the novel?
2. What is the relationship between Corinne and Danny?
3. Who is Jim Williams?
4. Who are Jim's attorneys?
5. What is the opinion of Dr. Metts, the coroner, about Jim's case?
6. Why does Joe Odom move out of the Pulaski House?
7. What role does alcohol play in Savannah?
8. What do the police find when they arrive at Jim's home on the night of the murder?
9. What preconceived notions does the narrator have about Savannah?
10. What is Jim's explanation of the murder?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)