|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lee Adler's passion regarding Savannah?
(a) Historic preservation
(b) More tourism
(c) Cleaner water
(d) New industry
2. Chapter 11 begins with a _____________________________.
(a) A conversation between the narrator and Jim Williams
(b) Description of the change of seasons in Savannah
(c) Poem about the beauty of Savannah
(d) Newspaper article announcing the St. Patrick's Day Parade
3. Who lives in the house next door?
(a) Lady Chablis
(b) Jim Williams
(c) Joe Odom
(d) Sonny Seiler
4. With whom does Jim Williams have an adversarial relationship?
(a) Sonny Seiler
(c) Luther Driggers
(d) Lee and Emma Adler
5. Who is the main character?
(a) Danny Hansford
(b) Sonny Seiler
(c) Lady Chablis
(d) Jim Williams
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe earn a little bit of money?
2. Why are Joe and Many evicted from the house they've been living in?
3. What are Spencer Lawton's characteristics?
4. Who tells the story?
5. What is Jim Williams' most powerful attribute?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Luther Driggers?
2. What is the setting for the novel?
3. What preconceived notions does the narrator have about Savannah?
4. What rules does Joe give the narrator for surviving in Savannah?
5. What is the Married Woman's Card Club?
6. What is the relationship between Corinne and Danny?
7. What is the relationship between Jim Williams and Lee and Emma Adler?
8. What do the police find when they arrive at Jim's home on the night of the murder?
9. Who is Joe Odom?
10. Who are Jim's attorneys?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)