|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator meet Luther Driggers?
(a) Sweet Georgia Brown's
(b) Clary's Drugstore
(c) Joe Odom's house
(d) Barnes & Noble
2. Who called Savannah "the most desegregated city in the South?"
(a) Jesse Jackson
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Bill Cosby
(d) Malcolm X
3. What do Mary Harty and the narrator drink at the cemetery?
(b) Mint Juleps
(d) Sweet tea
4. Who is Chablis?
(a) Joe Odom's new girlfriend
(b) The narrator's landlady
(c) A man who works as a drag queen entertainer
(d) A new bartender at Emma's
5. What is Luther Diggers' nickname in Savannah?
(a) Luther the Loon
(b) The inventor
(c) Luther Disasters
(d) Loco Luther
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe plan on opening after Emma's closes?
2. Which tenant does Lee take the narrator to see?
3. Who is Serena Dawes?
4. Who is the main character?
5. Where do Danny and Corinne have sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chablis call the narrator?
2. Who are Jim's attorneys?
3. Where do Joe and his girlfriend, Mandy, go after they are evicted for not paying rent?
4. Why do Corinne and Danny go to Bonaventure Cemetery?
5. How does the narrator develop a fascination with Savannah?
6. To what city do Savannahians sometimes compare their own?
7. What role does alcohol play in Savannah?
8. What do the police find when they arrive at Jim's home on the night of the murder?
9. What is the setting for the novel?
10. What is the relationship between Jim Williams and Lee and Emma Adler?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)