|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the nurse testify?
(a) Danny's body had been cleaned before it arrived at the morgue
(b) Danny's body had five shotgun wounds
(c) Danny's head had been almost severed by a knife wound
(d) Danny's hands had not been bagged when his body arrived at the morgue
2. What happens less than a month after Williams' Christmas party?
(a) Joe becomes the mayor of Savannah
(b) The narrator moves back to New York
(c) Williams dies of natural causes
(d) Minerva drowns in the Savannah River
3. What fee does Williams get for the use of Mercer House?
4. In whose involvement of the case does Williams show more interest?
(a) His mother's
(b) The judge's
(c) His attorney's
5. Why does Minerva get angry at Danny's grave?
(a) Her lantern keeps blowing out
(b) She hears Danny laughing at her
(c) She forgot to bring all the herbs she needs
(d) Williams will not stop talking
6. Who does Williams invite to Mercer House?
(a) The narrator
(b) Judge Oliver
(c) Sonny Seiler
(d) Luther Driggers
7. How does the author describe Savannah?
(a) Struggling with a crime problem
(b) A great city for artists
(c) The most romantic city in America
(d) Closed off from the rest of the world
8. What is Joe Odom's opinion of Danny Hansford's murder?
(a) It was self defense
(b) It was not premeditated
(c) It was planned
(d) It was committed by someone other than Williams
9. What does the author say that Savannah has little of?
(b) Technology companies
(c) Long-term vision
(d) Historic preservation
10. Who orders a new trial for Williams?
(a) Judge Oliver
(b) The Georgia Supreme Court
(c) His mother
(d) His lawyer
11. To what does Williams testify?
(a) That he thought Danny was an intruder
(b) That he and Danny had sex periodically
(c) That he is not sorry that Danny is dead
(d) That he shot Danny in self defense
12. How does Minerva make her living?
(a) She sells Mary Kay cosmetics
(b) She is a nurse
(c) She is a chiropractor
(d) She communicates with the dead
13. Who is the enemy that Williams likes to keep close?
(a) The narrator
(b) Sonny Seiler
(c) Luther Driggers
(d) Lee Adler
14. How long does the jury deliberate?
(a) One day
(b) One hour
(c) One week
(d) One month
15. Where does Joe get the money to pay traffic tickets?
(a) His house tours fund
(b) The narrator
(c) The cash register at Sweet Georgia Brown's
(d) His girlfriend's purse
Short Answer Questions
1. Williams is angered about police and public treatment of ______________________.
2. Why does Minverva refuse to testify?
3. What are Williams, his mother and sister doing as they wait for the jury's verdict?
4. What is the amount of Williams' bond?
5. Mrs. Williams asks a party guest about Williams' _____________________.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)