|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie begins shooting outside Mercer House?
(a) The Terminator
(b) The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
(d) The Bourne Identity
2. What does Williams plan for his mother from his jail cell?
(a) A birthday party
(b) A homecoming party
(c) A ladies luncheon
(d) A Christmas party
3. How many more years pass before Williams' fourth trial begins?
4. What fee does Williams get for the use of Mercer House?
5. What is Williams assured of?
(a) He will be released soon
(b) He will not be transferred to the state penitentiary immediately
(c) He will get another trial
(d) He will not be put in with the general population at the jail
6. What does Williams tell the truth about the night Danny Hansford died?
(a) His mother
(c) Sonny Seiler
(d) The narrator
7. What is the nature of the call for a new trial?
(a) One of the jurors lied about his relationship with Williams
(b) New evidence has come to light
(c) The crime scene was contaminated
(d) A police report had pertinent information whited out
8. How much does Joe make from the tours each week?
9. What does Mrs. Williams take to Williams in jail?
(a) A cake with a file in it
(b) A Polaroid picture of the party guests
(c) Some cookies
(d) Some clean underwear
10. Why is Williams confident that he will win a third time?
(a) There is new evidence
(b) There are new witnesses
(c) There is a new judge
(d) The deciding factor will be money
11. What is the source of Sonny Seiler's discomfort at the upcoming trial?
(a) Williams' homosexuality has engendered negative feelings
(b) Minervan is an unsettling presence in the courtroom
(c) Williams is running out of money
(d) The issue of the lack of gunpowder residue on Danny's hands
12. What is at the core of all of Savannah's problems?
(a) The politicians are all crooked
(b) People drink too much alcohol
(c) Its isolation from the rest of the world
(d) Its refusal to change with the times
13. Why does Minerva get angry at Danny's grave?
(a) Her lantern keeps blowing out
(b) Williams will not stop talking
(c) She hears Danny laughing at her
(d) She forgot to bring all the herbs she needs
14. How does Minerva make her living?
(a) She is a nurse
(b) She sells Mary Kay cosmetics
(c) She communicates with the dead
(d) She is a chiropractor
15. Why are Savannah residents unhappy with the local art college?
(a) It draws too many out -of-state students
(b) The tuition keeps rising
(c) It breeds liberally-minded students
(d) The campus is not maintained
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cell Williams inhabits?
2. To what does Williams testify?
3. What is Williams' demeanor as he waits?
4. Where does Joe get the money to pay traffic tickets?
5. Who is the judge at Jim's trial?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)