|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does the narrator attend?
(a) The Savannah Junior League Cotillion
(b) The Chamber of Commerce Chili Supper
(c) The Annual Black Debutante Ball
(d) The Knights of Columbus Fish Fry
2. Williams goes back to his _________________________.
(a) Law firm
(b) Accounting firm
(d) Antiques business
3. How many more years pass before Williams' fourth trial begins?
4. How is homosexuality perceived in Savannah?
(a) It is fun
(b) It is a sin
(c) It is taboo
(d) It is no big deal
5. What kind of weapon killed Danny Hansford?
(a) German Luger gun
(b) Carving knife
(c) Colt 45 gun
(d) Winchester rifle
6. What does Williams do from jail?
(a) Starts a rehab clinic
(b) Organizes his appeal
(c) Runs his antique business
(d) Talks to reporters
7. What does Minerva tell Williams?
(a) Danny forgives Williams for shooting him
(b) Danny is trying to work against him
(c) Williams has only five more years to live
(d) She needs more money to continue working for Williams
8. What allows Savannahians to flourish?
(a) Their culture
(b) Their location
(c) Their seclusion
(d) Their openness
9. What makes the narrator real in the end?
(a) A picture at the end of the chapter
(b) His opinions of Savannah
(c) His published resume
(d) His published e-mail address
10. Why is Williams confident that he will win a third time?
(a) There are new witnesses
(b) The deciding factor will be money
(c) There is a new judge
(d) There is new evidence
11. What is at the core of all of Savannah's problems?
(a) Its refusal to change with the times
(b) Its isolation from the rest of the world
(c) The politicians are all crooked
(d) People drink too much alcohol
12. What does the author say that Savannah has little of?
(b) Technology companies
(c) Long-term vision
(d) Historic preservation
13. What is Williams' demeanor regarding his case?
14. Where does Joe get the money to pay traffic tickets?
(a) The cash register at Sweet Georgia Brown's
(b) His girlfriend's purse
(c) His house tours fund
(d) The narrator
15. What fee does Williams get for the use of Mercer House?
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant does Minerva need to counteract Danny's work against Williams?
2. What does Williams plan for his mother from his jail cell?
3. Who moves into Mercer House while Williams is in jail?
4. In whose involvement of the case does Williams show more interest?
5. What is the verdict reached by the jury?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)