|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator get a brief Civil War history of Savannah?
(a) The Savannah Board of Realtors
(b) The Savannah Junior League
(c) The Savannah Historical Society
(d) The Savannah Chamber of Commerce
2. Who is the Savannah coroner?
(a) Sonny Seiler
(b) Dr. Metts
(c) Dr. MacKenzie
(d) Johnson P. Jones
3. What are standard occurrences in Savannah?
(a) Car accidents caused by alcohol consumption
(b) Garden club meetings
(c) Race riots
(d) Tailgate parties
4. What is Lee Adler's passion regarding Savannah?
(a) New industry
(b) More tourism
(c) Cleaner water
(d) Historic preservation
5. Why is Joe Odom becoming increasingly unpopular in Savannah?
(b) Loud music
(c) Parking violations
(d) A failed real estate deal
6. What is the amount of Williams' bond?
7. Who appears in court for writing a series of bad checks?
(a) Joe Odom
(b) The narrator
(c) Luther Driggers
(d) Jim Williams
8. What is the answer to #15 doing when the narrator meets him?
(a) Walking his dog
(b) Drinking at a bar
(c) Shopping for groceries
(d) Tapping electricity from a neighbor's house
9. How was Danny Hansfor murdered?
(b) Stabbed in the back
(d) Shot in the head and chest
10. Where does Chablis work?
(a) A gay bar called the Pickup
(b) The lounge at the Holiday Inn
(c) Emma's bar
(d) A strip joint
11. What does the narrator notice constantly coming from the house next to his apartment?
(a) The sound of piano music
(b) The sound of a man and woman fighting
(c) The smell of coffee
(d) The smell of bacon frying
12. Who is the main character?
(a) Lady Chablis
(b) Sonny Seiler
(c) Jim Williams
(d) Danny Hansford
13. What kind of vehicle does the narrator buy?
(a) A '57 Chevy
(b) A VW Beetle
(d) A Ford Truck
14. What does Joe do for money?
(a) Tends bar
(b) Manages a video store
(c) Plays piano and gives tours of his house
(d) Gets a job on a shrimp boat
15. In addition to owning the business, Joe will also ______________________________.
(a) Tend bar
(b) Be a featured performer in a jazz trio
(c) Serve family style dinners
(d) Do the books
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emma attend church?
2. What is the city's most famous cemetery?
3. What does Williams' mother believe about him?
4. Who is the bartender with a criminal record working at Emma's bar?
5. Who is Many Nichols?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)