|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator notice constantly coming from the house next to his apartment?
(a) The smell of coffee
(b) The smell of bacon frying
(c) The sound of piano music
(d) The sound of a man and woman fighting
2. Joe tells the narrator that ____________________________ are taboo in Savannah.
(a) Underage marriages
(b) Interracial relationships
(d) Gay marriages
3. Where is the story set?
(a) Savannah, Georgia
(b) Augusta, Georgia
(c) Atlanta, Georgia
(d) Charleston, South Carolina
4. What is the city's most famous cemetery?
(a) Bonaventure Cemetery
(b) Holy Redeemer Cemetery
(c) Robert E. Lee Cemetery
(d) Savannah Cemetery
5. The narrator says Savannah is full of ___________________________________________.
(a) Strange characters, sweet tea, music and Southern hospitality
(b) Strange characters, alcohol, music and Southern hospitality
(c) Homeless people, alcohol, music and Southern hospitality
(d) Strange characters, alcohol, music and no Southern hospitality
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story about?
2. Who is the elderly black man entrusted to walk his employer's dog?
3. Where does Luther try out his latest invention?
4. What does Joe do for money?
5. Where does the narrator get a brief Civil War history of Savannah?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)