• The story is about a murder trial in 1981 in Savannah, Georgia.
• The book's themes are money, isolation, illusion and good vs. evil.
• Jim Williams is a wealthy antiques dealer who has a violent encounter with a ruffian, Danny Hansford.
• Jim is a member of Savannah's elite and is famous for historical preservation.
• Jim is nouveau riche rather than inheriting his fortune from a well-established family.
• Jim is famous for his elaborate Christmas parties
• The narrator is a New Yorker who comes to Savannah for a vacation and is intrigued enough to stay for awhile.
• The narrator is familiar with all the typical attributes of Savannah and finds it to be an idyllic town full of strange characters and Southern hospitality.
• An elderly woman named Mary Harty gives the narrator a tour of Savannah, ending in the cemetery where they sit and drink martinis.
• The narrator's...
This section contains 1,712 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)