|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cal/Callie say the hardest adjustment is that s/he has to make in choosing to live as a man?
(a) Walking like a man.
(b) Dressing like a man.
(c) Asking women out on dates.
(d) Getting used to using men's bathrooms.
2. How does Milton die?
(a) Father Mike rams his car into Milton's crushing him.
(b) Milton commits suicide because he believes he will never see Callie again.
(c) Father Mike shoots Milton while he is following him.
(d) His car falls off of a bridge and sinks into the river.
3. What hormone does Callie's body not produce because of her 5-alpha-reductase deficiency?
4. Who creates the Hercules Hot Dogs style of cooking hot dogs?
(a) Chapter Eleven.
(d) Dr. Philobosian.
5. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
(a) She wants to have a chance to spend more time with Rex.
(b) She is concerned about Callie's romantic advances towards her.
(c) She does not want her brother, Jerome to seduce Callie.
(d) She feels like her relationship with Callie is becoming too weird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Cal most about Desdemona's appearance when he sees her for the first time since returning home?
2. Where does Milton announce he wants the family to travel to?
3. Why do the homeless men beat Cal?
4. What synonym for "hermaphrodite" does Callie see in the dictionary that upsets her?
5. What is perplexing to Dr. Luce and his colleagues about Callie's condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Meg Zemka's personality.
2. Describe the circumstances leading to Callie's injury.
3. Compare and contrast Milton's and Chapter Eleven's views on the Vietnam War.
4. Why does Cal decide not to go to Milton's funeral?
5. What is the connection between the mulberry tree outside of Middlesex and the silk industry?
6. Describe the series of medical examinations that leads to Callie being referred to Dr. Luce.
7. Describe the circumstances that lead Milton to cancel the Stephanides family's trip to Turkey.
8. How does Milton react to his impending death after running his car off of the bridge?
9. Describe the series of drivers who pick Cal/Callie up while s/he is hitch hiking.
10. Describe Zora Khyber.
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)