|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
(b) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
(c) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
(d) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
2. How does Callie avoid going to the theatre with her parents?
(a) She tells them she is too tired.
(b) She runs away from the hotel.
(c) She stays at the clinic with Dr. Luce.
(d) She tells them she has menstrual cramps.
3. What does Chapter Eleven announce he plans on majoring in after his freshman year of college?
(c) Political Science.
4. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
(a) She now looks like a boy on the outside, but still feels like a girl inside.
(b) Even though she has had her hair cut like a boy, she still looks like a girl.
(c) She will now be able to date women without suffering public ridicule.
(d) She now looks and feels like a boy.
5. What course of treatment does Dr. Luce recommend for Callie?
(a) Psychotherapy to help Callie adjust to her hermaphroditism.
(b) A series of hormone injections and cosmetic surgery to make Callie look like the girl she identifies herself as.
(c) A series of hormone injections and cosmetic surgery to ensure that Callie will be able to bear children.
(d) A series of hormone injections and cosmetic surgery to make Callie look like the boy he identifies himself as
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
2. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
3. Where do Rex and Jerome take Callie and the Object while they are vacationing?
4. What does Callie do to convince her mother that she does not need to visit the gynecologist?
5. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Desdemona reveal to Cal when he returns home?
2. Describe Zora Khyber.
3. Describe the circumstances that lead Milton to cancel the Stephanides family's trip to Turkey.
4. How does Tessie react to the fight that Milton has with the men during Sunday dinner?
5. Describe the series of drivers who pick Cal/Callie up while s/he is hitch hiking.
6. Describe the circumstances leading to Callie's injury.
7. Describe the dynamics of Zoe's and Father Mike's relationship.
8. Describe Meg Zemka's personality.
9. What does Callie notice in Miss Grotowski's math class that makes her question her own physical development?
10. Describe the changes in Chapter Eleven that Callie notices when he returns home from his freshman year at college.
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)