|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Callie's first step in her physical transformation into a boy?
(a) Purchasing and wearing a used suit.
(b) Purchasing a bus ticket to Scranton.
(c) Getting a short haircut.
(d) Walking like a man.
2. Who poses the greatest threat to Cal, Matt and the other Deadheads living in Golden Gate Park?
(a) The police.
(b) Dr. Luce.
(c) The homeless men living on the other side of the field.
(d) Their parents.
3. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
(a) She confesses to the Object hoping that telling her will make her feel better.
(b) She scrubs her body repeatedly during her morning shower.
(c) She tells Jerome to never come near her again.
(d) She decides to pretend like it never happened.
4. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
(a) She is concerned about Callie's romantic advances towards her.
(b) She does not want her brother, Jerome to seduce Callie.
(c) She feels like her relationship with Callie is becoming too weird.
(d) She wants to have a chance to spend more time with Rex.
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Callie is concerned about her upcoming appointment with Dr. Bauer?
(a) The Object tells Callie that the exam is painful.
(b) He is a gynecologist and she knows that her genitals are different than other girls'.
(c) Callie is concerned that he will be able to tell that she is sexually attracted to girls.
(d) The Object tells Callie that Dr. Bauer is perverted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
2. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
3. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
4. Why is Ben Scheer so generous towards Cal/Callie?
5. Why do the homeless men beat Cal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances that lead Milton to cancel the Stephanides family's trip to Turkey.
2. Why does Cal decide not to go to Milton's funeral?
3. Describe Dr. Luce's office.
4. Describe the changes in Chapter Eleven that Callie notices when he returns home from his freshman year at college.
5. How does Milton react to his impending death after running his car off of the bridge?
6. Compare Milton's and Tessie's thoughts about Cal's hermaphroditism after she disappears
7. What information does Callie get about her condition when she meets with Dr. Luce?
8. What masculine traits does Callie begin showing in this chapter?
9. Why does Father Mike pretend to be Callie's kidnapper?
10. How does Tessie react to the fight that Milton has with the men during Sunday dinner?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)