|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tessie take Callie to the Golden Fleece salon?
(a) To have a facial.
(b) To have her nails done.
(c) To have her mustache waxed off.
(d) To get a haircut.
2. What role is Callie assigned in her English class production of Antigone?
3. What does Chapter Eleven announce he plans on majoring in after his freshman year of college?
(a) Political Science.
4. Who is Meg Zemka?
(a) Callie's first female crush.
(b) An employee at Hercules Hot Dogs.
(c) Chapter Eleven's ultra-liberal girlfriend.
(d) Callie's best friend.
5. What is Callie's first step in her physical transformation into a boy?
(a) Purchasing and wearing a used suit.
(b) Walking like a man.
(c) Purchasing a bus ticket to Scranton.
(d) Getting a short haircut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dr. Luce's main purpose for recommending the particular treatment that he does for Callie?
2. Why does the man who claims to have Callie want Milton to negotiate a ransom price with him?
3. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
4. What business venture does Milton begin with the remaining money from the insurance settlement on the Zebra Room?
5. What is Cal/Callie's initial impression of Ben Scheer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Callie notice in Miss Grotowski's math class that makes her question her own physical development?
2. Describe the dynamics of Zoe's and Father Mike's relationship.
3. What is the connection between the mulberry tree outside of Middlesex and the silk industry?
4. Describe Meg Zemka's personality.
5. Why does Cal decide not to go to Milton's funeral?
6. Describe the circumstances that lead Milton to cancel the Stephanides family's trip to Turkey.
7. Compare Milton's and Tessie's thoughts about Cal's hermaphroditism after she disappears
8. How does Tessie react to the fight that Milton has with the men during Sunday dinner?
9. Describe Zora Khyber.
10. Why does Callie not discover her hermaphroditism in this chapter?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)