|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
(a) The lowering of her voice.
(b) Her long, thick hair.
(d) Her height.
2. Why is Ben Scheer so generous towards Cal/Callie?
(a) Ben is too drunk to realize that he continues to pay for Cal/Callie's food, drink and lodging.
(b) Ben believes Cal/Callie is a gay man and hopes to have sex with him.
(c) Ben wants to convince Cal/Callie to go into business with him.
(d) Ben is a kind hearted man who wants to help Cal/Callie.
3. Who is the kidnapper?
(a) Father Mike.
(b) Chapter Eleven
(c) Dr. Philobosian.
4. Why do the homeless men beat Cal?
(a) They discover that Cal is a hermaphrodite.
(b) Cal refuses to give them drugs.
(c) Cal refuses to give them money.
(d) They attempt to rape Cal and he tries to resist.
5. How does Callie's physical development compare to that of the other girls in her sixth grade class?
(a) Callie is much more developed than the other girls.
(b) Callie and the other girls have not reached puberty yet.
(c) Callie and the other girls are both beginning to go through puberty.
(d) Callie is much less developed than the other girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
2. Why does Milton decide to remove the briefcase of money for the kidnapper from the garbage can?
3. How does Callie avoid going to the theatre with her parents?
4. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
5. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Milton react to his impending death after running his car off of the bridge?
2. How does Milton attempt to down play Callie's condition when telling her about the course of treatment?
3. Describe the series of medical examinations that leads to Callie being referred to Dr. Luce.
4. What does Desdemona reveal to Cal when he returns home?
5. Why does Cal decide not to go to Milton's funeral?
6. Compare and contrast Milton's and Chapter Eleven's views on the Vietnam War.
7. Why does Callie have sex with Jerome?
8. Why does Callie name her love interest "the Obscure Object"?
9. What do all of the women working at Sixty-Niners have in common?
10. How does Tessie react to the fight that Milton has with the men during Sunday dinner?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)