|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cal/Callie say the hardest adjustment is that s/he has to make in choosing to live as a man?
(a) Walking like a man.
(b) Dressing like a man.
(c) Asking women out on dates.
(d) Getting used to using men's bathrooms.
2. Who does the Object develop a crush on that upsets Callie?
(c) Chapter Eleven.
(d) Rex Reese.
3. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
(a) To relax her.
(b) To try to determine her sexual orientation.
(c) To show her an example of hermaphroditism.
(d) To see if it will embarrass or excite her.
4. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
(a) Callie's support.
(d) Meg Zemka.
5. Who creates the Hercules Hot Dogs style of cooking hot dogs?
(a) Dr. Philobosian.
(d) Chapter Eleven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What big step do Julie and Cal take in their relationship?
2. Where do Rex and Jerome take Callie and the Object while they are vacationing?
3. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
4. How does Callie's physical development compare to that of the other girls in her sixth grade class?
5. Where do Callie and the Object spend most of their days in the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare Milton's and Tessie's thoughts about Cal's hermaphroditism after she disappears
2. Describe the circumstances that lead Milton to cancel the Stephanides family's trip to Turkey.
3. Why does Father Mike pretend to be Callie's kidnapper?
4. What do all of the women working at Sixty-Niners have in common?
5. How do Milton and Chapter Eleven attempt to "bury the hatchet" when Chapter Eleven returns home to support his parents following Callie's disappearance?
6. Describe the dynamics of Zoe's and Father Mike's relationship.
7. Compare and contrast Milton's and Chapter Eleven's views on the Vietnam War.
8. How does Milton react to his impending death after running his car off of the bridge?
9. Why does Callie not discover her hermaphroditism in this chapter?
10. Describe the changes in Chapter Eleven that Callie notices when he returns home from his freshman year at college.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)