|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cal want Chapter Eleven to drive through Detroit on their way home for Milton's funeral?
(a) He wants to revisit the settings of her family's history.
(b) He wants to delay seeing Tessie for the first time since deciding to live as a man.
(c) He wants to stop and visit some of Milton's old friends.
(d) He wants to shop for an outfit to wear to the funeral.
2. Who is Carmen?
(a) The announcer for Octopussy's Garden.
(b) A pre-op male to female transsexual who works at Bob's club.
(c) A woman who Cal rents a room from.
(d) A woman with Androgen Insensitivity who works at Bob's club.
3. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
(a) Even though she has had her hair cut like a boy, she still looks like a girl.
(b) She now looks like a boy on the outside, but still feels like a girl inside.
(c) She will now be able to date women without suffering public ridicule.
(d) She now looks and feels like a boy.
4. Which of the following does NOT occur at the hunting lodge?
(a) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object smoke marajuana.
(b) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object break into the lodge.
(c) Callie stops the Object from becoming intimately involved with Rex.
(d) Jerome and Callie have sex.
5. What is Cal's motivation for attending the Warhol exhibit opening in Berlin?
(a) He admires Warhol's work.
(b) He must attend in an official capacity as a cultural attache.
(c) He likes the Mies van der Rohe building it is being held in.
(d) He hopes to run into Julie Kikuchi there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Object's father do while driving Callie to the family's summer home in Petoskey?
2. Why do the homeless men beat Cal?
3. What role is Callie assigned in her English class production of Antigone?
4. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
5. How does Callie respond to Jerome's sexual advances?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Callie name her love interest "the Obscure Object"?
2. Why does Father Mike pretend to be Callie's kidnapper?
3. Why does Callie have sex with Jerome?
4. How does Milton attempt to down play Callie's condition when telling her about the course of treatment?
5. What do all of the women working at Sixty-Niners have in common?
6. How does Tessie react to the fight that Milton has with the men during Sunday dinner?
7. Describe the series of medical examinations that leads to Callie being referred to Dr. Luce.
8. Why does Callie not discover her hermaphroditism in this chapter?
9. What does Callie notice in Miss Grotowski's math class that makes her question her own physical development?
10. Describe the circumstances leading to Callie's injury.
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)