|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
(a) She now looks like a boy on the outside, but still feels like a girl inside.
(b) She now looks and feels like a boy.
(c) She will now be able to date women without suffering public ridicule.
(d) Even though she has had her hair cut like a boy, she still looks like a girl.
2. What does Callie do to convince her mother that she does not need to visit the gynecologist?
(a) She stuffs her bra with tissues to convince her mother that she has developed breasts.
(b) She prays that her mother will cancel the appointment.
(c) She pretends to get her first period.
(d) She tells her mother about her unusual genitals.
3. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
(a) She feels like her relationship with Callie is becoming too weird.
(b) She wants to have a chance to spend more time with Rex.
(c) She does not want her brother, Jerome to seduce Callie.
(d) She is concerned about Callie's romantic advances towards her.
4. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
(a) The Republic by Plato.
(b) The Prince by Machiavelli.
(c) Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.
(d) The Complete Works of Socrates.
5. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
(a) Heart disease.
(d) None. He says she is in good health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
2. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
3. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
4. Who is Meg Zemka?
5. Why does Tessie take Callie to the Golden Fleece salon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do all of the women working at Sixty-Niners have in common?
2. Why does Callie have sex with Jerome?
3. Compare Milton's and Tessie's thoughts about Cal's hermaphroditism after she disappears
4. Describe the changes in Chapter Eleven that Callie notices when he returns home from his freshman year at college.
5. Describe the dynamics of Zoe's and Father Mike's relationship.
6. Describe the series of drivers who pick Cal/Callie up while s/he is hitch hiking.
7. What steps does Callie take in this chapter to physically transform herself into Cal?
8. How does Milton attempt to down play Callie's condition when telling her about the course of treatment?
9. What masculine traits does Callie begin showing in this chapter?
10. Describe Zora Khyber.
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)