|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tessie take Callie to the Golden Fleece salon?
(a) To have a facial.
(b) To have her nails done.
(c) To get a haircut.
(d) To have her mustache waxed off.
2. What does Chapter Eleven announce he plans on majoring in after his freshman year of college?
(c) Political Science.
3. What do the police detectives tell Tessie and Milton is the best thing for them to do to help find Callie?
(a) Return home to Grosse Pointe to wait for her to call.
(b) Hire a private investigator to find Callie.
(c) Call Callie's friends to see if she has gone to see one of them.
(d) Search New York City for Callie.
4. What business venture does Milton begin with the remaining money from the insurance settlement on the Zebra Room?
(a) A Greek restaurant.
(b) A Cadillac dealership.
(c) A series of hot dog stands.
(d) A McDonalds franchise.
5. What concerns Dr. Luce most about Callie's disappearance?
(a) Dr. Luce believes that Callie is in a fragile psychological state after discovering the nature of her condition.
(b) Dr. Luce believes Callie has false information about her condition and would like to set her straight.
(c) Dr. Luce wants to begin treatment of Callie immediately.
(d) Dr. Luce believes Callie was abducted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Object develop a crush on that upsets Callie?
2. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
3. What is Jerome's hobby?
4. Who is the first person to pick Cal/Callie up when s/he begins hitchhiking?
5. How does Milton die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What masculine traits does Callie begin showing in this chapter?
2. How does Milton react to his impending death after running his car off of the bridge?
3. Compare and contrast Milton's and Chapter Eleven's views on the Vietnam War.
4. Describe Zora Khyber.
5. What is the connection between the mulberry tree outside of Middlesex and the silk industry?
6. How do Milton and Chapter Eleven attempt to "bury the hatchet" when Chapter Eleven returns home to support his parents following Callie's disappearance?
7. Describe the circumstances leading to Callie's injury.
8. Why does Callie not discover her hermaphroditism in this chapter?
9. How does Milton attempt to down play Callie's condition when telling her about the course of treatment?
10. Compare Milton's and Tessie's thoughts about Cal's hermaphroditism after she disappears
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)