|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the kidnapper?
(a) Dr. Philobosian.
(b) Father Mike.
(c) Chapter Eleven
2. What is Callie's initial impression of the Obscure Object?
(a) She falls deeply in love with her.
(b) She hardly notices the new girl in her English class because she is so absorbed in The Illiad.
(c) She is awed by her natural beauty especially her freckles.
(d) She is put off by her disinterested attitude.
3. What is Jerome's hobby?
(a) Watching horror movies.
(b) Making horror movies.
4. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
(a) She does not talk to Callie.
(b) She is eager to tell Callie about her feelings for Rex.
(c) She is angry at Callie for having sex with her brother.
(d) She is eager to hear details about Callie's night with Jerome.
5. Which of the following does NOT occur at the hunting lodge?
(a) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object break into the lodge.
(b) Callie stops the Object from becoming intimately involved with Rex.
(c) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object smoke marajuana.
(d) Jerome and Callie have sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
2. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
3. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
4. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
5. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Milton attempt to down play Callie's condition when telling her about the course of treatment?
2. Describe the circumstances that lead Milton to cancel the Stephanides family's trip to Turkey.
3. What do all of the women working at Sixty-Niners have in common?
4. Describe the circumstances leading to Callie's injury.
5. How does Milton react to his impending death after running his car off of the bridge?
6. Describe the series of medical examinations that leads to Callie being referred to Dr. Luce.
7. How do Milton and Chapter Eleven attempt to "bury the hatchet" when Chapter Eleven returns home to support his parents following Callie's disappearance?
8. Describe Dr. Luce's office.
9. Compare and contrast Milton's and Chapter Eleven's views on the Vietnam War.
10. What does Desdemona reveal to Cal when he returns home?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)