|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who creates the Hercules Hot Dogs style of cooking hot dogs?
(b) Dr. Philobosian.
(d) Chapter Eleven.
2. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
(a) Heart disease.
(d) None. He says she is in good health.
3. What does Milton wear to his and Tessie's appointment with Dr. Luce for good luck?
(a) A charcoal pinstripe suit.
(b) A beret.
(c) A Countess Mara tie.
(d) His Greek Drama cuff links.
4. What surprises Cal most about Desdemona's appearance when he sees her for the first time since returning home?
(a) She has lost weight because of inactivity.
(b) She is still confined to her bed.
(c) She seems to have aged considerably.
(d) She does not have her hair in her traditional hair net.
5. How does Milton die?
(a) Milton commits suicide because he believes he will never see Callie again.
(b) Father Mike rams his car into Milton's crushing him.
(c) Father Mike shoots Milton while he is following him.
(d) His car falls off of a bridge and sinks into the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona confess to Cal?
2. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
3. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
4. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
5. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Callie notice in Miss Grotowski's math class that makes her question her own physical development?
2. Describe the dynamics of Zoe's and Father Mike's relationship.
3. Describe the Baker-Inglis English class production of Antigone.
4. Describe the series of medical examinations that leads to Callie being referred to Dr. Luce.
5. What do all of the women working at Sixty-Niners have in common?
6. Describe the series of drivers who pick Cal/Callie up while s/he is hitch hiking.
7. Describe the circumstances leading to Callie's injury.
8. Compare and contrast Milton's and Chapter Eleven's views on the Vietnam War.
9. Why does Callie name her love interest "the Obscure Object"?
10. Describe Meg Zemka's personality.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)