|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the kidnapper?
(a) Chapter Eleven
(b) Dr. Philobosian.
(c) Father Mike.
2. What does Milton wear to his and Tessie's appointment with Dr. Luce for good luck?
(a) His Greek Drama cuff links.
(b) A Countess Mara tie.
(c) A beret.
(d) A charcoal pinstripe suit.
3. Who is Mr. da Silva?
(a) Callie's high school English teacher.
(b) Callie's drama club advisor.
(c) Callie's eighth grade honors English teacher.
(d) Callie's teacher and love interest.
4. What synonym for "hermaphrodite" does Callie see in the dictionary that upsets her?
5. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
(b) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
(c) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
(d) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cal/Callie's initial impression of Ben Scheer?
2. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
3. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
4. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
5. What do the police detectives tell Tessie and Milton is the best thing for them to do to help find Callie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Zora Khyber.
2. Describe Dr. Luce's office.
3. How does Tessie react to the fight that Milton has with the men during Sunday dinner?
4. Compare Milton's and Tessie's thoughts about Cal's hermaphroditism after she disappears
5. What masculine traits does Callie begin showing in this chapter?
6. Describe the series of medical examinations that leads to Callie being referred to Dr. Luce.
7. Why does Callie not discover her hermaphroditism in this chapter?
8. How does Milton react to his impending death after running his car off of the bridge?
9. How does Milton attempt to down play Callie's condition when telling her about the course of treatment?
10. Describe the changes in Chapter Eleven that Callie notices when he returns home from his freshman year at college.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)