|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
(b) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
(c) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
(d) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
2. Who is Carmen?
(a) The announcer for Octopussy's Garden.
(b) A woman with Androgen Insensitivity who works at Bob's club.
(c) A woman who Cal rents a room from.
(d) A pre-op male to female transsexual who works at Bob's club.
3. Which of the following does NOT occur at the hunting lodge?
(a) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object smoke marajuana.
(b) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object break into the lodge.
(c) Callie stops the Object from becoming intimately involved with Rex.
(d) Jerome and Callie have sex.
4. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
(a) To relax her.
(b) To try to determine her sexual orientation.
(c) To see if it will embarrass or excite her.
(d) To show her an example of hermaphroditism.
5. What is Callie's first step in her physical transformation into a boy?
(a) Purchasing and wearing a used suit.
(b) Purchasing a bus ticket to Scranton.
(c) Getting a short haircut.
(d) Walking like a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bob Presto know that Cal/Callie is not a college student?
2. What does Milton wear to his and Tessie's appointment with Dr. Luce for good luck?
3. What does Cal/Callie say the hardest adjustment is that s/he has to make in choosing to live as a man?
4. Why do Tessie, Milton and Callie travel to New York City?
5. Why is Ben Scheer so generous towards Cal/Callie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dynamics of Zoe's and Father Mike's relationship.
2. Describe the changes in Chapter Eleven that Callie notices when he returns home from his freshman year at college.
3. Describe Zora Khyber.
4. Describe the Baker-Inglis English class production of Antigone.
5. What masculine traits does Callie begin showing in this chapter?
6. Describe the series of drivers who pick Cal/Callie up while s/he is hitch hiking.
7. Describe the series of medical examinations that leads to Callie being referred to Dr. Luce.
8. How do Milton and Chapter Eleven attempt to "bury the hatchet" when Chapter Eleven returns home to support his parents following Callie's disappearance?
9. What information does Callie get about her condition when she meets with Dr. Luce?
10. Why does Callie have sex with Jerome?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)