|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Callie avoid going to the theatre with her parents?
(a) She tells them she is too tired.
(b) She runs away from the hotel.
(c) She tells them she has menstrual cramps.
(d) She stays at the clinic with Dr. Luce.
2. What hormone does Callie's body not produce because of her 5-alpha-reductase deficiency?
3. What is Jerome's hobby?
(c) Watching horror movies.
(d) Making horror movies.
4. Who is Hermaphroditus?
(a) A condition where a person has both male and female sex traits.
(b) A half male-half female Greek god.
(c) The patron saint of hermaphrodites.
(d) The fictionalized half male-half female character that Cal plays for Bob.
5. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
(c) Callie's support.
(d) Meg Zemka.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
2. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
3. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
4. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
5. What leads Milton to believe that the man calling him has kidnapped Callie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Milton and Chapter Eleven attempt to "bury the hatchet" when Chapter Eleven returns home to support his parents following Callie's disappearance?
2. What steps does Callie take in this chapter to physically transform herself into Cal?
3. Describe the Baker-Inglis English class production of Antigone.
4. How does Milton attempt to down play Callie's condition when telling her about the course of treatment?
5. Describe Meg Zemka's personality.
6. Describe the series of drivers who pick Cal/Callie up while s/he is hitch hiking.
7. What masculine traits does Callie begin showing in this chapter?
8. Why does Callie name her love interest "the Obscure Object"?
9. Why does Cal decide not to go to Milton's funeral?
10. Compare Milton's and Tessie's thoughts about Cal's hermaphroditism after she disappears
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)