|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who poses the greatest threat to Cal, Matt and the other Deadheads living in Golden Gate Park?
(a) The police.
(b) The homeless men living on the other side of the field.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Dr. Luce.
2. What surprises Cal most about Desdemona's appearance when he sees her for the first time since returning home?
(a) She has lost weight because of inactivity.
(b) She is still confined to her bed.
(c) She seems to have aged considerably.
(d) She does not have her hair in her traditional hair net.
3. What do Zora and Cal have in common?
(a) They are both homosexuals.
(b) They both live as women.
(c) They were both sexually abused.
(d) They both have XY chromosomes.
4. Who is Meg Zemka?
(a) Callie's first female crush.
(b) Chapter Eleven's ultra-liberal girlfriend.
(c) An employee at Hercules Hot Dogs.
(d) Callie's best friend.
5. How does Jerome react to Callie's abnormal genitals?
(a) He points them out to the Object and Rex.
(b) He does not notice anything unusual because he is so pleased that he has had sex.
(c) He laughs and ridicules her.
(d) He does not say anything at the lodge, but later tells Rex and his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hermaphroditus?
2. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
3. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
4. How do Tessie and Milton react to the ER doctor's diagnosis of Callie?
5. What course of treatment does Dr. Luce recommend for Callie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the connection between the mulberry tree outside of Middlesex and the silk industry?
2. What masculine traits does Callie begin showing in this chapter?
3. Describe the circumstances that lead Milton to cancel the Stephanides family's trip to Turkey.
4. Why does Father Mike pretend to be Callie's kidnapper?
5. Describe the circumstances leading to Callie's injury.
6. Describe the series of drivers who pick Cal/Callie up while s/he is hitch hiking.
7. How does Tessie react to the fight that Milton has with the men during Sunday dinner?
8. Why does Callie have sex with Jerome?
9. Describe Dr. Luce's office.
10. What information does Callie get about her condition when she meets with Dr. Luce?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)