|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Callie is concerned about her upcoming appointment with Dr. Bauer?
(a) Callie is concerned that he will be able to tell that she is sexually attracted to girls.
(b) The Object tells Callie that the exam is painful.
(c) He is a gynecologist and she knows that her genitals are different than other girls'.
(d) The Object tells Callie that Dr. Bauer is perverted.
2. Who does the Object develop a crush on that upsets Callie?
(b) Chapter Eleven.
(c) Rex Reese.
3. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
(a) Growing public hair.
(b) Breast development.
(c) Growing armpit hair.
(d) Lowering of the voice.
4. Who is Hermaphroditus?
(a) The patron saint of hermaphrodites.
(b) A condition where a person has both male and female sex traits.
(c) A half male-half female Greek god.
(d) The fictionalized half male-half female character that Cal plays for Bob.
5. Who is Carmen?
(a) A woman who Cal rents a room from.
(b) A pre-op male to female transsexual who works at Bob's club.
(c) The announcer for Octopussy's Garden.
(d) A woman with Androgen Insensitivity who works at Bob's club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
2. What does Chapter Eleven announce he plans on majoring in after his freshman year of college?
3. According to Dr. Luce which of the following is NOT an influence on gender identity?
4. Why does Tessie take Callie to the Golden Fleece salon?
5. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Callie get about her condition when she meets with Dr. Luce?
2. Why does Callie name her love interest "the Obscure Object"?
3. Describe the circumstances that lead Milton to cancel the Stephanides family's trip to Turkey.
4. Why does Father Mike pretend to be Callie's kidnapper?
5. Describe the dynamics of Zoe's and Father Mike's relationship.
6. Compare Milton's and Tessie's thoughts about Cal's hermaphroditism after she disappears
7. Describe Dr. Luce's office.
8. Why does Callie have sex with Jerome?
9. Describe the changes in Chapter Eleven that Callie notices when he returns home from his freshman year at college.
10. What masculine traits does Callie begin showing in this chapter?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)