|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
(b) Reproductive medicine.
(c) Sexual disfunction.
2. How does Milton die?
(a) His car falls off of a bridge and sinks into the river.
(b) Father Mike shoots Milton while he is following him.
(c) Father Mike rams his car into Milton's crushing him.
(d) Milton commits suicide because he believes he will never see Callie again.
3. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
(a) Growing public hair.
(b) Breast development.
(c) Lowering of the voice.
(d) Growing armpit hair.
4. Who is the kidnapper?
(b) Dr. Philobosian.
(c) Chapter Eleven
(d) Father Mike.
5. What is Cal/Callie's initial impression of Ben Scheer?
(a) S/he likes that Ben talks to and treats him/her like a sophisticated adult.
(b) S/he likes that Ben is willing to purchase alcohol for him/her.
(c) S/he is skeptical of Ben's motives in purchasing him/her dinner and a hotel room.
(d) S/he is put off by Ben's intellectual style of speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sourmelina move back to Detroit in 1972?
2. Where does Milton announce he wants the family to travel to?
3. What do Zora and Cal have in common?
4. Why does the man who claims to have Callie want Milton to negotiate a ransom price with him?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Tessie and Milton feed their family only traditional Greek foods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Milton and Chapter Eleven attempt to "bury the hatchet" when Chapter Eleven returns home to support his parents following Callie's disappearance?
2. What does Desdemona reveal to Cal when he returns home?
3. Describe the dynamics of Zoe's and Father Mike's relationship.
4. Describe the series of drivers who pick Cal/Callie up while s/he is hitch hiking.
5. Describe the circumstances leading to Callie's injury.
6. Why does Callie not discover her hermaphroditism in this chapter?
7. What do all of the women working at Sixty-Niners have in common?
8. Why does Father Mike pretend to be Callie's kidnapper?
9. Describe the circumstances that lead Milton to cancel the Stephanides family's trip to Turkey.
10. Describe the changes in Chapter Eleven that Callie notices when he returns home from his freshman year at college.
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)