|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
(b) Sexual disfunction.
(c) Reproductive medicine.
2. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
(a) She is eager to tell Callie about her feelings for Rex.
(b) She is angry at Callie for having sex with her brother.
(c) She is eager to hear details about Callie's night with Jerome.
(d) She does not talk to Callie.
3. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
(a) Her height.
(b) The lowering of her voice.
(c) Her long, thick hair.
4. What is perplexing to Dr. Luce and his colleagues about Callie's condition?
(a) It is unusual in someone who has not gone through puberty yet.
(b) It has been yet to be seen in someone with Turkish ancestry.
(c) She refuses to believe that she is genetically a boy.
(d) She has both male and female genitalia.
5. Why do all of the Sunday dinner guests except for Father Mike and Zoe stop coming to Middlesex?
(a) Milton throws the men out of his home after an argument.
(b) The men broke Milton and Tessie's good coffee cups.
(c) Milton is offended by the men's comments about Tessie's cooking.
(d) Milton's political loyalties lie with the U.S. while the other men's lie with Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rex and Jerome take Callie and the Object while they are vacationing?
2. How does Callie avoid going to the theatre with her parents?
3. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
4. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
5. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Milton attempt to down play Callie's condition when telling her about the course of treatment?
2. Why does Callie not discover her hermaphroditism in this chapter?
3. Why does Callie name her love interest "the Obscure Object"?
4. Describe the circumstances leading to Callie's injury.
5. What do all of the women working at Sixty-Niners have in common?
6. Why does Cal decide not to go to Milton's funeral?
7. Describe the dynamics of Zoe's and Father Mike's relationship.
8. What does Callie notice in Miss Grotowski's math class that makes her question her own physical development?
9. What information does Callie get about her condition when she meets with Dr. Luce?
10. Why does Callie have sex with Jerome?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)