|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Octopussy's Garden?
(a) The name of Bob Presto's strip club.
(b) The name of Bob Presto's adult store.
(c) A side show that Bob Presto has created which features three women performing in a see-through tank.
(d) A pornographic movie produced by Bob Preso.
2. What is Cal's motivation for attending the Warhol exhibit opening in Berlin?
(a) He likes the Mies van der Rohe building it is being held in.
(b) He must attend in an official capacity as a cultural attache.
(c) He admires Warhol's work.
(d) He hopes to run into Julie Kikuchi there.
3. What was Dr. Luce's main purpose for recommending the particular treatment that he does for Callie?
(a) To cure her of 5-alpha-reductase deficiency.
(b) Helping Callie cope psychologically with her hermaphroditism.
(c) To provide a research subject for a book he would like to write.
(d) Ensuring that her physical sexual identity matches her gender identity.
4. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
(c) Sexual disfunction.
(d) Reproductive medicine.
5. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
(b) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
(c) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
(d) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Tessie and Milton feed their family only traditional Greek foods?
2. Who is Meg Zemka?
3. Who creates the Hercules Hot Dogs style of cooking hot dogs?
4. Why do Tessie, Milton and Callie travel to New York City?
5. What synonym for "hermaphrodite" does Callie see in the dictionary that upsets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Luce's office.
2. Describe the circumstances leading to Callie's injury.
3. Compare Milton's and Tessie's thoughts about Cal's hermaphroditism after she disappears
4. Describe the dynamics of Zoe's and Father Mike's relationship.
5. What information does Callie get about her condition when she meets with Dr. Luce?
6. Describe the circumstances that lead Milton to cancel the Stephanides family's trip to Turkey.
7. Why does Callie name her love interest "the Obscure Object"?
8. How do Milton and Chapter Eleven attempt to "bury the hatchet" when Chapter Eleven returns home to support his parents following Callie's disappearance?
9. Why does Callie have sex with Jerome?
10. How does Tessie react to the fight that Milton has with the men during Sunday dinner?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)