|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
(a) To relax her.
(b) To show her an example of hermaphroditism.
(c) To try to determine her sexual orientation.
(d) To see if it will embarrass or excite her.
2. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
(b) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
(c) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
(d) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
3. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
(a) Sexual disfunction.
(c) Reproductive medicine.
4. What synonym for "hermaphrodite" does Callie see in the dictionary that upsets her?
5. What sort of business does Bob Presto own and run?
(a) A pornographic movie making studio.
(b) A strip club.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) An adult store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milton wear to his and Tessie's appointment with Dr. Luce for good luck?
2. Who poses the greatest threat to Cal, Matt and the other Deadheads living in Golden Gate Park?
3. What course of treatment does Dr. Luce recommend for Callie?
4. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
5. Why does Cal want Chapter Eleven to drive through Detroit on their way home for Milton's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Luce's office.
2. Describe the circumstances that lead Milton to cancel the Stephanides family's trip to Turkey.
3. Describe the circumstances leading to Callie's injury.
4. Describe the Baker-Inglis English class production of Antigone.
5. What does Desdemona reveal to Cal when he returns home?
6. What is the connection between the mulberry tree outside of Middlesex and the silk industry?
7. Describe Meg Zemka's personality.
8. Why does Cal decide not to go to Milton's funeral?
9. What does Callie notice in Miss Grotowski's math class that makes her question her own physical development?
10. How do Milton and Chapter Eleven attempt to "bury the hatchet" when Chapter Eleven returns home to support his parents following Callie's disappearance?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)