|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps narrator feel more masculine?
(a) A checked shirt.
(b) His full head of hair.
(c) Using urinals in the men's bathroom.
2. How does Callie become a first hand witness to the burning of the diner?
(a) Tessie drives the family to the Zebra Room to help Milton.
(b) Milton tells Callie the story of the fire when he arrives home from the diner.
(c) She rides her bike to the Zebra Room to help her father.
(d) She sees news footage of the diner catching fire on t.v.
3. What happens to Jimmy on Lefty's and his last trip out to the lake?
(a) He is caught by the police for bootlegging.
(b) Jimmy crashes the Packard into a telephone pole.
(c) He and Lefty fight and Jimmy is hurt.
(d) The Packard breaks through the ice and sinks below the surface with Jimmy inside.
4. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to when they arrive in the United States?
(a) New York City.
(c) Grosse Pointe.
(d) New Smyrna.
5. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
(b) Have another child.
(c) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
(d) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
2. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
3. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
4. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
5. What drives Desdemona and Lefty from Bithynios?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes through Tessie's mind as she watches movies at the theatre?
2. Describe the events that allow Desdemona and Lefty to depart from Smyrna.
3. Describe Marcus Wyxzewixard Challouehliczilczese Grimes.
4. How does the narrator characterize Lefty's gradual demise?
5. Describe Desdemona's silkworm box and its contents.
6. Why does Lefty not marry either of the village girls that Desdemona attempts to set him up with?
7. Why does Lefty visit the town of Bursa so often?
8. Describe the Greek General Hajienestis.
9. Describe Desdemona's transformation after Calliope's birth.
10. Describe the narrator in Book 2, Ex Ovo Omina.
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)