|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lefty fired from the Ford automobile company?
(a) His work is sloppy and inaccurate.
(b) He is living with a man who has a criminal record (Jimmy Zismo).
(c) He refuses to wear traditional Greek dress in the Ford English School pageant.
(d) He does not pass his English language exam.
2. Which of the following factors complicates Tessie's relationship with Father Mike?
(a) They were engaged to be married years ago.
(b) Tessie does not like Father Mike's wife, Zoe.
(c) Father Mike is embarrassed he was not promoted to the head priest position in the church.
(d) Father Mike is married to Milton's sister.
3. What happens to the Zebra Room's earnings?
(a) The Zebra Room earns little money because it is located in a poor neighborhood.
(b) Lefty loses them by gambling instead of depositing them into the bank.
(c) They are stolen when the Zebra Room is burglarized.
(d) Milton uses the money to expand the operation by opening a series of hot dog stands.
4. Who does Zoe end up marrying?
(a) Father Mike.
(c) Chapter Eleven.
(d) Dr. Philobosian.
5. Which of the following statements best describes Uncle Pete?
(a) A superstitious old man.
(b) A sweet natured priest.
(c) An intellectual chiropractor.
(d) A self-made business man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
2. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
3. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
4. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
5. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Desdemona's silkworm box and its contents.
2. Why is Desdemona fearful about Tessie and Milton's burgeoning romantic relationship?
3. Describe the Greek General Hajienestis.
4. Why are do the members of Temple No. 1 raise silkworms and produce silk fabric and clothing?
5. How does Desdemona react to the speeches that she hears through the heating grates while working in the Silk Room?
6. Describe Detroit in 1967.
7. Why do the Ford Sociological Department workers visit Lefty's home? What do they find that concerns them?
8. Why do Tessie and Milton want a baby daughter so badly?
9. Why does Desdemona become concerned about her unborn child after talking with Dr. Philobosian?
10. How do Dr. Philobosian's and Uncle Pete's views on conception differ?
This section contains 1,242 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)