|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man who claims to have Callie want Milton to negotiate a ransom price with him?
(a) He wants to engage in a bargaining session.
(b) He is not sure how much Callie's return is worth to Milton.
(c) He believes he can get more money from Milton than he initially asks for.
(d) He wants to make Milton suffer even more.
2. Why do all of the Sunday dinner guests except for Father Mike and Zoe stop coming to Middlesex?
(a) Milton's political loyalties lie with the U.S. while the other men's lie with Greece.
(b) The men broke Milton and Tessie's good coffee cups.
(c) Milton is offended by the men's comments about Tessie's cooking.
(d) Milton throws the men out of his home after an argument.
3. How does Tessie react to Cal when he returns home?
(a) She rejects him because she wants him to go back to living as a girl.
(b) She does not understand his decision to run away and to live as a male, but she is working on accepting it.
(c) She fully accepts his decision to live as a male.
(d) She ignores him because she is so focused on preparing for Milton's funeral.
4. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
(a) She wants to have a chance to spend more time with Rex.
(b) She feels like her relationship with Callie is becoming too weird.
(c) She is concerned about Callie's romantic advances towards her.
(d) She does not want her brother, Jerome to seduce Callie.
5. What do Zora and Cal have in common?
(a) They both have XY chromosomes.
(b) They are both homosexuals.
(c) They were both sexually abused.
(d) They both live as women.
6. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
(a) She decides to pretend like it never happened.
(b) She tells Jerome to never come near her again.
(c) She scrubs her body repeatedly during her morning shower.
(d) She confesses to the Object hoping that telling her will make her feel better.
7. Who is Carmen?
(a) A woman who Cal rents a room from.
(b) A pre-op male to female transsexual who works at Bob's club.
(c) The announcer for Octopussy's Garden.
(d) A woman with Androgen Insensitivity who works at Bob's club.
8. What is Cal/Callie's initial impression of Ben Scheer?
(a) S/he is put off by Ben's intellectual style of speech.
(b) S/he is skeptical of Ben's motives in purchasing him/her dinner and a hotel room.
(c) S/he likes that Ben is willing to purchase alcohol for him/her.
(d) S/he likes that Ben talks to and treats him/her like a sophisticated adult.
9. Which of the following does NOT occur at the hunting lodge?
(a) Callie stops the Object from becoming intimately involved with Rex.
(b) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object smoke marajuana.
(c) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object break into the lodge.
(d) Jerome and Callie have sex.
10. What do the police detectives tell Tessie and Milton is the best thing for them to do to help find Callie?
(a) Return home to Grosse Pointe to wait for her to call.
(b) Search New York City for Callie.
(c) Hire a private investigator to find Callie.
(d) Call Callie's friends to see if she has gone to see one of them.
11. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
(b) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
(c) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
(d) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
12. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
(b) Heart disease.
(d) None. He says she is in good health.
13. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
(a) Growing public hair.
(b) Lowering of the voice.
(c) Growing armpit hair.
(d) Breast development.
14. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
(a) The Object.
(c) The emergency room doctor and nurse.
(d) Dr. Luce.
15. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
2. What synonym for "hermaphrodite" does Callie see in the dictionary that upsets her?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Callie is concerned about her upcoming appointment with Dr. Bauer?
4. What is Callie's first step in her physical transformation into a boy?
5. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)