|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns Dr. Luce most about Callie's disappearance?
(a) Dr. Luce believes Callie has false information about her condition and would like to set her straight.
(b) Dr. Luce believes that Callie is in a fragile psychological state after discovering the nature of her condition.
(c) Dr. Luce wants to begin treatment of Callie immediately.
(d) Dr. Luce believes Callie was abducted.
2. What role is Callie assigned in her English class production of Antigone?
3. Why does the man who claims to have Callie want Milton to negotiate a ransom price with him?
(a) He is not sure how much Callie's return is worth to Milton.
(b) He believes he can get more money from Milton than he initially asks for.
(c) He wants to make Milton suffer even more.
(d) He wants to engage in a bargaining session.
4. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
(a) She is agile on her feet and able to block shots made on the goal.
(b) She is uncoordinated so the coach gave her a position where she would not need to move much.
(c) The goalie equipment fits her better than the other girls.
(d) She is the last student to sign up for the team and goalie is the only position left open.
5. Who creates the Hercules Hot Dogs style of cooking hot dogs?
(b) Chapter Eleven.
(d) Dr. Philobosian.
6. What is Callie's first step in her physical transformation into a boy?
(a) Walking like a man.
(b) Purchasing and wearing a used suit.
(c) Getting a short haircut.
(d) Purchasing a bus ticket to Scranton.
7. Who does the Object develop a crush on that upsets Callie?
(a) Rex Reese.
(c) Chapter Eleven.
8. What do the police detectives tell Tessie and Milton is the best thing for them to do to help find Callie?
(a) Return home to Grosse Pointe to wait for her to call.
(b) Search New York City for Callie.
(c) Hire a private investigator to find Callie.
(d) Call Callie's friends to see if she has gone to see one of them.
9. What does the Object's father do while driving Callie to the family's summer home in Petoskey?
(a) He drinks Smirnoff cocktails.
(b) He makes sexual advances towards Callie.
(c) He asks Callie about her relationship with the Object.
(d) He asks Callie about her family.
10. How does Tessie react to Cal when he returns home?
(a) She fully accepts his decision to live as a male.
(b) She ignores him because she is so focused on preparing for Milton's funeral.
(c) She does not understand his decision to run away and to live as a male, but she is working on accepting it.
(d) She rejects him because she wants him to go back to living as a girl.
11. Who poses the greatest threat to Cal, Matt and the other Deadheads living in Golden Gate Park?
(a) The homeless men living on the other side of the field.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Dr. Luce.
(d) The police.
12. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
(c) Reproductive medicine.
(d) Sexual disfunction.
13. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
(a) She is eager to hear details about Callie's night with Jerome.
(b) She does not talk to Callie.
(c) She is eager to tell Callie about her feelings for Rex.
(d) She is angry at Callie for having sex with her brother.
14. What leads Milton to believe that the man calling him has kidnapped Callie?
(a) He hears Callie talking in the background when the man calls.
(b) He sends Milton a recent picture of Callie.
(c) He has threatened the Stephanides family.
(d) He knows personal family details about her.
15. Where do Callie and the Object spend most of their days in the summer?
(a) The Grosse Pointe Club swimming pool.
(b) At the Object's family's summer home.
(c) At Callie's house.
(d) At the Object's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
2. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
3. Why does Cal want Chapter Eleven to drive through Detroit on their way home for Milton's funeral?
4. What does Milton wear to his and Tessie's appointment with Dr. Luce for good luck?
5. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)