|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Cal most about Desdemona's appearance when he sees her for the first time since returning home?
(a) She is still confined to her bed.
(b) She seems to have aged considerably.
(c) She does not have her hair in her traditional hair net.
(d) She has lost weight because of inactivity.
2. What does Cal/Callie say the hardest adjustment is that s/he has to make in choosing to live as a man?
(a) Walking like a man.
(b) Getting used to using men's bathrooms.
(c) Asking women out on dates.
(d) Dressing like a man.
3. How does Milton die?
(a) His car falls off of a bridge and sinks into the river.
(b) Father Mike shoots Milton while he is following him.
(c) Father Mike rams his car into Milton's crushing him.
(d) Milton commits suicide because he believes he will never see Callie again.
4. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
(a) She wants to have a chance to spend more time with Rex.
(b) She is concerned about Callie's romantic advances towards her.
(c) She does not want her brother, Jerome to seduce Callie.
(d) She feels like her relationship with Callie is becoming too weird.
5. How does Tessie react to Cal when he returns home?
(a) She fully accepts his decision to live as a male.
(b) She rejects him because she wants him to go back to living as a girl.
(c) She ignores him because she is so focused on preparing for Milton's funeral.
(d) She does not understand his decision to run away and to live as a male, but she is working on accepting it.
6. How do Tessie and Milton react to the ER doctor's diagnosis of Callie?
(a) They distrust the doctor.
(b) They are shocked and in disbelief.
(c) They accept his diagnosis and immediately take Callie to Dr. Luce.
(d) They believe the doctor has confused her with another patient.
7. What is Callie's first step in her physical transformation into a boy?
(a) Walking like a man.
(b) Purchasing a bus ticket to Scranton.
(c) Purchasing and wearing a used suit.
(d) Getting a short haircut.
8. What is Cal's motivation for attending the Warhol exhibit opening in Berlin?
(a) He hopes to run into Julie Kikuchi there.
(b) He likes the Mies van der Rohe building it is being held in.
(c) He must attend in an official capacity as a cultural attache.
(d) He admires Warhol's work.
9. Why does Sourmelina move back to Detroit in 1972?
(a) Because Mrs. Watson leaves her for another woman.
(b) Mrs. Watson wants to be closer to her family.
(c) To escape the heat of the Southwest.
(d) To be closer to her family.
10. Why is Tessie angry at Milton after his death?
(a) He left her penniless and alone.
(b) She believes he drove Father Mike to black mail him.
(c) She believes he killed himself.
(d) He was willing to meet and pay the kidnapper and did not tell her about it.
11. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
(a) They are jealous that Jerome did not ask them to be a part of it.
(b) They laugh hysterically while watching it from behind a tree.
(c) They volunteer to hold the camera for Jerome.
(d) They are eager to be a part of it and ask Jerome for parts in the movie.
12. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
(a) Lowering of the voice.
(b) Breast development.
(c) Growing armpit hair.
(d) Growing public hair.
13. Where do Callie and the Object spend most of their days in the summer?
(a) At Callie's house.
(b) At the Object's house.
(c) The Grosse Pointe Club swimming pool.
(d) At the Object's family's summer home.
14. What does the Object's father do while driving Callie to the family's summer home in Petoskey?
(a) He drinks Smirnoff cocktails.
(b) He asks Callie about her relationship with the Object.
(c) He makes sexual advances towards Callie.
(d) He asks Callie about her family.
15. What leads Milton to believe that the man calling him has kidnapped Callie?
(a) He sends Milton a recent picture of Callie.
(b) He knows personal family details about her.
(c) He has threatened the Stephanides family.
(d) He hears Callie talking in the background when the man calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Callie hide in the basement bathroom at Baker-Inglis?
2. Who poses the greatest threat to Cal, Matt and the other Deadheads living in Golden Gate Park?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Callie is concerned about her upcoming appointment with Dr. Bauer?
4. What is Cal's friend Matt an expert on?
5. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)