|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cal want Chapter Eleven to drive through Detroit on their way home for Milton's funeral?
(a) He wants to shop for an outfit to wear to the funeral.
(b) He wants to revisit the settings of her family's history.
(c) He wants to stop and visit some of Milton's old friends.
(d) He wants to delay seeing Tessie for the first time since deciding to live as a man.
2. Where do Callie and the Object spend most of their days in the summer?
(a) At the Object's house.
(b) At the Object's family's summer home.
(c) At Callie's house.
(d) The Grosse Pointe Club swimming pool.
3. Which of the following does NOT occur at the hunting lodge?
(a) Jerome and Callie have sex.
(b) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object smoke marajuana.
(c) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object break into the lodge.
(d) Callie stops the Object from becoming intimately involved with Rex.
4. Who is Mr. da Silva?
(a) Callie's drama club advisor.
(b) Callie's teacher and love interest.
(c) Callie's high school English teacher.
(d) Callie's eighth grade honors English teacher.
5. How does Callie's physical development compare to that of the other girls in her sixth grade class?
(a) Callie and the other girls are both beginning to go through puberty.
(b) Callie and the other girls have not reached puberty yet.
(c) Callie is much more developed than the other girls.
(d) Callie is much less developed than the other girls.
6. According to Dr. Luce which of the following is NOT an influence on gender identity?
(c) Sex of rearing.
7. Why do Tessie, Milton and Callie travel to New York City?
(a) For a relaxing family vacation.
(b) For Callie to have abdominal surgery following her tractor injury.
(c) To visit the Sexual Disorders and Gender Identity Clinic.
(d) To visit Chapter Eleven at college.
8. What synonym for "hermaphrodite" does Callie see in the dictionary that upsets her?
9. Why does the man who claims to have Callie want Milton to negotiate a ransom price with him?
(a) He is not sure how much Callie's return is worth to Milton.
(b) He wants to engage in a bargaining session.
(c) He wants to make Milton suffer even more.
(d) He believes he can get more money from Milton than he initially asks for.
10. What is Callie's first step in her physical transformation into a boy?
(a) Getting a short haircut.
(b) Purchasing and wearing a used suit.
(c) Purchasing a bus ticket to Scranton.
(d) Walking like a man.
11. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Callie is concerned about her upcoming appointment with Dr. Bauer?
(a) He is a gynecologist and she knows that her genitals are different than other girls'.
(b) The Object tells Callie that the exam is painful.
(c) The Object tells Callie that Dr. Bauer is perverted.
(d) Callie is concerned that he will be able to tell that she is sexually attracted to girls.
12. Who does the Object develop a crush on that upsets Callie?
(b) Rex Reese.
(d) Chapter Eleven.
13. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
(a) His liberal arts education.
(b) Milton's conservative views.
(c) His girlfriend, Meg.
(d) The military draft.
14. Who is the first person to pick Cal/Callie up when s/he begins hitchhiking?
(a) A 30-something gay man.
(b) A red-headed truck driver.
(c) An old, judgmental woman.
(d) A retired couple.
15. How does Milton die?
(a) Father Mike shoots Milton while he is following him.
(b) His car falls off of a bridge and sinks into the river.
(c) Milton commits suicide because he believes he will never see Callie again.
(d) Father Mike rams his car into Milton's crushing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is perplexing to Dr. Luce and his colleagues about Callie's condition?
2. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
3. What is Octopussy's Garden?
4. What course of treatment does Dr. Luce recommend for Callie?
5. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)