|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police detectives tell Tessie and Milton is the best thing for them to do to help find Callie?
(a) Hire a private investigator to find Callie.
(b) Return home to Grosse Pointe to wait for her to call.
(c) Call Callie's friends to see if she has gone to see one of them.
(d) Search New York City for Callie.
2. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
(b) Dr. Luce.
(c) The emergency room doctor and nurse.
(d) The Object.
3. Where do Rex and Jerome take Callie and the Object while they are vacationing?
(a) To a keg party.
(b) To a romantic dinner at an expensive restaurant.
(c) To an old hunting lodge in the woods.
(d) To a farm.
4. How does Bob Presto know that Cal/Callie is not a college student?
(a) Cal/Callie wants to go to San Francisco instead of Los Angeles.
(b) Cal/Callie takes a job working for Bob Presto.
(c) Cal/Callie does not have a high school diploma.
(d) Cal/Callie does not know what city Stanford is in.
5. Why does the man who claims to have Callie want Milton to negotiate a ransom price with him?
(a) He is not sure how much Callie's return is worth to Milton.
(b) He wants to make Milton suffer even more.
(c) He wants to engage in a bargaining session.
(d) He believes he can get more money from Milton than he initially asks for.
6. Why does Cal finally call home?
(a) He does not want his parents to worry about him.
(b) He wants to explain why he ran away to his parents.
(c) He has been arrested while working at Bob's club.
(d) He has out of money and needs his parents so send him more.
7. What does Desdemona confess to Cal?
(a) She never loved Lefty.
(b) She and Lefty were brother and sister as well as husband and wife.
(c) She wishes that she and Lefty had never left Turkey.
(d) She had secretly been in love with Dr. Philobosian for years.
8. What concerns Dr. Luce most about Callie's disappearance?
(a) Dr. Luce believes Callie was abducted.
(b) Dr. Luce believes Callie has false information about her condition and would like to set her straight.
(c) Dr. Luce believes that Callie is in a fragile psychological state after discovering the nature of her condition.
(d) Dr. Luce wants to begin treatment of Callie immediately.
9. Why does Cal want Chapter Eleven to drive through Detroit on their way home for Milton's funeral?
(a) He wants to stop and visit some of Milton's old friends.
(b) He wants to revisit the settings of her family's history.
(c) He wants to shop for an outfit to wear to the funeral.
(d) He wants to delay seeing Tessie for the first time since deciding to live as a man.
10. What is perplexing to Dr. Luce and his colleagues about Callie's condition?
(a) It has been yet to be seen in someone with Turkish ancestry.
(b) It is unusual in someone who has not gone through puberty yet.
(c) She has both male and female genitalia.
(d) She refuses to believe that she is genetically a boy.
11. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
(a) Meg Zemka.
(d) Callie's support.
12. Why is Ben Scheer so generous towards Cal/Callie?
(a) Ben believes Cal/Callie is a gay man and hopes to have sex with him.
(b) Ben wants to convince Cal/Callie to go into business with him.
(c) Ben is a kind hearted man who wants to help Cal/Callie.
(d) Ben is too drunk to realize that he continues to pay for Cal/Callie's food, drink and lodging.
13. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
(a) She wants to have a chance to spend more time with Rex.
(b) She does not want her brother, Jerome to seduce Callie.
(c) She is concerned about Callie's romantic advances towards her.
(d) She feels like her relationship with Callie is becoming too weird.
14. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
(a) She tells Jerome to never come near her again.
(b) She confesses to the Object hoping that telling her will make her feel better.
(c) She scrubs her body repeatedly during her morning shower.
(d) She decides to pretend like it never happened.
15. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
(a) He is interested in and identifies with President Nixon.
(b) He hopes to run for political office in the future.
(c) He plans to study political science at the University of Michigan.
(d) He is 18 and now eligible to be drafted into the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
2. What course of treatment does Dr. Luce recommend for Callie?
3. What does Milton wear to his and Tessie's appointment with Dr. Luce for good luck?
4. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
5. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)