|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Tessie, Milton and Callie travel to New York City?
(a) For Callie to have abdominal surgery following her tractor injury.
(b) To visit the Sexual Disorders and Gender Identity Clinic.
(c) To visit Chapter Eleven at college.
(d) For a relaxing family vacation.
2. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
(a) To show her an example of hermaphroditism.
(b) To try to determine her sexual orientation.
(c) To relax her.
(d) To see if it will embarrass or excite her.
3. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
4. Why does Cal finally call home?
(a) He has been arrested while working at Bob's club.
(b) He has out of money and needs his parents so send him more.
(c) He wants to explain why he ran away to his parents.
(d) He does not want his parents to worry about him.
5. What big step do Julie and Cal take in their relationship?
(a) They tell their parents that they are dating.
(b) They break up.
(c) They get married.
(d) They have sex.
6. What course of treatment does Dr. Luce recommend for Callie?
(a) A series of hormone injections and cosmetic surgery to make Callie look like the girl she identifies herself as.
(b) Psychotherapy to help Callie adjust to her hermaphroditism.
(c) A series of hormone injections and cosmetic surgery to ensure that Callie will be able to bear children.
(d) A series of hormone injections and cosmetic surgery to make Callie look like the boy he identifies himself as
7. Why is Ben Scheer so generous towards Cal/Callie?
(a) Ben believes Cal/Callie is a gay man and hopes to have sex with him.
(b) Ben wants to convince Cal/Callie to go into business with him.
(c) Ben is too drunk to realize that he continues to pay for Cal/Callie's food, drink and lodging.
(d) Ben is a kind hearted man who wants to help Cal/Callie.
8. Who is Hermaphroditus?
(a) The fictionalized half male-half female character that Cal plays for Bob.
(b) The patron saint of hermaphrodites.
(c) A condition where a person has both male and female sex traits.
(d) A half male-half female Greek god.
9. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
(a) The ethnic girls at Baker-Inglis.
(b) The popular and wealthy group of girls at Baker-Inglis.
(c) The athletic girls at Baker-Inglis.
(d) The unremarkable, dull group of girls at Baker-Inglis.
10. What does Chapter Eleven announce he plans on majoring in after his freshman year of college?
(b) Political Science.
11. Why does Milton decide to remove the briefcase of money for the kidnapper from the garbage can?
(a) He discovers who is the kidnapper is.
(b) He knows that Callie has not been kidnapped.
(c) He decides to give him half now and half when he returns Callie to ensure her safe return.
(d) He does not believe the kidnapper will return Callie safely.
12. Who is Mr. da Silva?
(a) Callie's eighth grade honors English teacher.
(b) Callie's teacher and love interest.
(c) Callie's drama club advisor.
(d) Callie's high school English teacher.
13. Which of the following does NOT occur at the hunting lodge?
(a) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object smoke marajuana.
(b) Callie stops the Object from becoming intimately involved with Rex.
(c) Jerome and Callie have sex.
(d) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object break into the lodge.
14. What does Desdemona confess to Cal?
(a) She never loved Lefty.
(b) She had secretly been in love with Dr. Philobosian for years.
(c) She wishes that she and Lefty had never left Turkey.
(d) She and Lefty were brother and sister as well as husband and wife.
15. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
(a) Even though she has had her hair cut like a boy, she still looks like a girl.
(b) She now looks like a boy on the outside, but still feels like a girl inside.
(c) She now looks and feels like a boy.
(d) She will now be able to date women without suffering public ridicule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
2. What sort of business does Bob Presto own and run?
3. Who poses the greatest threat to Cal, Matt and the other Deadheads living in Golden Gate Park?
4. What is Octopussy's Garden?
5. What surprises Cal most about Desdemona's appearance when he sees her for the first time since returning home?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)