|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Milton wear to his and Tessie's appointment with Dr. Luce for good luck?
(a) His Greek Drama cuff links.
(b) A beret.
(c) A charcoal pinstripe suit.
(d) A Countess Mara tie.
2. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
3. What concerns Dr. Luce most about Callie's disappearance?
(a) Dr. Luce believes that Callie is in a fragile psychological state after discovering the nature of her condition.
(b) Dr. Luce believes Callie has false information about her condition and would like to set her straight.
(c) Dr. Luce wants to begin treatment of Callie immediately.
(d) Dr. Luce believes Callie was abducted.
4. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
(a) The athletic girls at Baker-Inglis.
(b) The ethnic girls at Baker-Inglis.
(c) The popular and wealthy group of girls at Baker-Inglis.
(d) The unremarkable, dull group of girls at Baker-Inglis.
5. What does Chapter Eleven announce he plans on majoring in after his freshman year of college?
(c) Political Science.
6. What big step do Julie and Cal take in their relationship?
(a) They break up.
(b) They tell their parents that they are dating.
(c) They have sex.
(d) They get married.
7. What is Octopussy's Garden?
(a) The name of Bob Presto's strip club.
(b) A side show that Bob Presto has created which features three women performing in a see-through tank.
(c) A pornographic movie produced by Bob Preso.
(d) The name of Bob Presto's adult store.
8. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
(a) They are eager to be a part of it and ask Jerome for parts in the movie.
(b) They are jealous that Jerome did not ask them to be a part of it.
(c) They volunteer to hold the camera for Jerome.
(d) They laugh hysterically while watching it from behind a tree.
9. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
(a) The Republic by Plato.
(b) The Complete Works of Socrates.
(c) The Prince by Machiavelli.
(d) Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.
10. What leads Milton to believe that the man calling him has kidnapped Callie?
(a) He sends Milton a recent picture of Callie.
(b) He hears Callie talking in the background when the man calls.
(c) He has threatened the Stephanides family.
(d) He knows personal family details about her.
11. What synonym for "hermaphrodite" does Callie see in the dictionary that upsets her?
12. Where do Rex and Jerome take Callie and the Object while they are vacationing?
(a) To an old hunting lodge in the woods.
(b) To a farm.
(c) To a romantic dinner at an expensive restaurant.
(d) To a keg party.
13. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Callie is concerned about her upcoming appointment with Dr. Bauer?
(a) The Object tells Callie that the exam is painful.
(b) He is a gynecologist and she knows that her genitals are different than other girls'.
(c) The Object tells Callie that Dr. Bauer is perverted.
(d) Callie is concerned that he will be able to tell that she is sexually attracted to girls.
14. Why is Ben Scheer so generous towards Cal/Callie?
(a) Ben is too drunk to realize that he continues to pay for Cal/Callie's food, drink and lodging.
(b) Ben believes Cal/Callie is a gay man and hopes to have sex with him.
(c) Ben is a kind hearted man who wants to help Cal/Callie.
(d) Ben wants to convince Cal/Callie to go into business with him.
15. Who is the first person to pick Cal/Callie up when s/he begins hitchhiking?
(a) A retired couple.
(b) An old, judgmental woman.
(c) A red-headed truck driver.
(d) A 30-something gay man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Callie's first step in her physical transformation into a boy?
2. What does Desdemona confess to Cal?
3. What do Zora and Cal have in common?
4. Why does Cal finally call home?
5. How does Callie avoid going to the theatre with her parents?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)