|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Milton decide to remove the briefcase of money for the kidnapper from the garbage can?
(a) He does not believe the kidnapper will return Callie safely.
(b) He knows that Callie has not been kidnapped.
(c) He discovers who is the kidnapper is.
(d) He decides to give him half now and half when he returns Callie to ensure her safe return.
2. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
(a) The lowering of her voice.
(c) Her long, thick hair.
(d) Her height.
3. What big step do Julie and Cal take in their relationship?
(a) They have sex.
(b) They tell their parents that they are dating.
(c) They break up.
(d) They get married.
4. How does Callie's physical development compare to that of the other girls in her sixth grade class?
(a) Callie and the other girls are both beginning to go through puberty.
(b) Callie is much more developed than the other girls.
(c) Callie and the other girls have not reached puberty yet.
(d) Callie is much less developed than the other girls.
5. How does Jerome react to Callie's abnormal genitals?
(a) He points them out to the Object and Rex.
(b) He does not notice anything unusual because he is so pleased that he has had sex.
(c) He does not say anything at the lodge, but later tells Rex and his friends.
(d) He laughs and ridicules her.
6. How does Callie respond to Jerome's sexual advances?
(a) She is initially inviting, but stops him before having sex.
(b) She reciprocates his affection.
(c) She ignores, but gives into them because she is watching the Object.
(d) She pushes him away and leaves the lodge.
7. What role is Callie assigned in her English class production of Antigone?
8. What does Callie do to convince her mother that she does not need to visit the gynecologist?
(a) She pretends to get her first period.
(b) She prays that her mother will cancel the appointment.
(c) She tells her mother about her unusual genitals.
(d) She stuffs her bra with tissues to convince her mother that she has developed breasts.
9. Who is Carmen?
(a) The announcer for Octopussy's Garden.
(b) A pre-op male to female transsexual who works at Bob's club.
(c) A woman who Cal rents a room from.
(d) A woman with Androgen Insensitivity who works at Bob's club.
10. Who is the first person to pick Cal/Callie up when s/he begins hitchhiking?
(a) A retired couple.
(b) An old, judgmental woman.
(c) A red-headed truck driver.
(d) A 30-something gay man.
11. Why is Tessie angry at Milton after his death?
(a) He left her penniless and alone.
(b) She believes he killed himself.
(c) She believes he drove Father Mike to black mail him.
(d) He was willing to meet and pay the kidnapper and did not tell her about it.
12. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
(a) Reproductive medicine.
(c) Sexual disfunction.
13. What is Octopussy's Garden?
(a) A pornographic movie produced by Bob Preso.
(b) A side show that Bob Presto has created which features three women performing in a see-through tank.
(c) The name of Bob Presto's strip club.
(d) The name of Bob Presto's adult store.
14. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
(a) To see if it will embarrass or excite her.
(b) To relax her.
(c) To try to determine her sexual orientation.
(d) To show her an example of hermaphroditism.
15. What do Zora and Cal have in common?
(a) They were both sexually abused.
(b) They are both homosexuals.
(c) They both have XY chromosomes.
(d) They both live as women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
2. Who does the Object develop a crush on that upsets Callie?
3. Who is the kidnapper?
4. What was Dr. Luce's main purpose for recommending the particular treatment that he does for Callie?
5. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)