|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of business does Bob Presto own and run?
(a) An adult store.
(b) A pornographic movie making studio.
(c) A strip club.
(d) A swimming pool.
2. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
(a) She is angry at Callie for having sex with her brother.
(b) She is eager to tell Callie about her feelings for Rex.
(c) She is eager to hear details about Callie's night with Jerome.
(d) She does not talk to Callie.
3. Why do Tessie, Milton and Callie travel to New York City?
(a) For Callie to have abdominal surgery following her tractor injury.
(b) To visit Chapter Eleven at college.
(c) For a relaxing family vacation.
(d) To visit the Sexual Disorders and Gender Identity Clinic.
4. How does Tessie react to Cal when he returns home?
(a) She does not understand his decision to run away and to live as a male, but she is working on accepting it.
(b) She rejects him because she wants him to go back to living as a girl.
(c) She ignores him because she is so focused on preparing for Milton's funeral.
(d) She fully accepts his decision to live as a male.
5. What is Octopussy's Garden?
(a) The name of Bob Presto's strip club.
(b) The name of Bob Presto's adult store.
(c) A pornographic movie produced by Bob Preso.
(d) A side show that Bob Presto has created which features three women performing in a see-through tank.
6. Who is the first person to pick Cal/Callie up when s/he begins hitchhiking?
(a) An old, judgmental woman.
(b) A retired couple.
(c) A red-headed truck driver.
(d) A 30-something gay man.
7. Why does Milton decide to remove the briefcase of money for the kidnapper from the garbage can?
(a) He discovers who is the kidnapper is.
(b) He decides to give him half now and half when he returns Callie to ensure her safe return.
(c) He does not believe the kidnapper will return Callie safely.
(d) He knows that Callie has not been kidnapped.
8. What is Cal's friend Matt an expert on?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Playing Frisbee.
(c) The Grateful Dead.
(d) Making t-shirts.
9. What does Desdemona confess to Cal?
(a) She wishes that she and Lefty had never left Turkey.
(b) She never loved Lefty.
(c) She had secretly been in love with Dr. Philobosian for years.
(d) She and Lefty were brother and sister as well as husband and wife.
10. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
(a) The emergency room doctor and nurse.
(c) The Object.
(d) Dr. Luce.
11. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
(a) The goalie equipment fits her better than the other girls.
(b) She is the last student to sign up for the team and goalie is the only position left open.
(c) She is agile on her feet and able to block shots made on the goal.
(d) She is uncoordinated so the coach gave her a position where she would not need to move much.
12. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
(a) She now looks like a boy on the outside, but still feels like a girl inside.
(b) Even though she has had her hair cut like a boy, she still looks like a girl.
(c) She will now be able to date women without suffering public ridicule.
(d) She now looks and feels like a boy.
13. How do Tessie and Milton react to the ER doctor's diagnosis of Callie?
(a) They believe the doctor has confused her with another patient.
(b) They are shocked and in disbelief.
(c) They accept his diagnosis and immediately take Callie to Dr. Luce.
(d) They distrust the doctor.
14. Why is Tessie angry at Milton after his death?
(a) He left her penniless and alone.
(b) She believes he drove Father Mike to black mail him.
(c) He was willing to meet and pay the kidnapper and did not tell her about it.
(d) She believes he killed himself.
15. Where do Callie and the Object spend most of their days in the summer?
(a) At the Object's house.
(b) At Callie's house.
(c) The Grosse Pointe Club swimming pool.
(d) At the Object's family's summer home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police detectives tell Tessie and Milton is the best thing for them to do to help find Callie?
2. What role is Callie assigned in her English class production of Antigone?
3. What was Dr. Luce's main purpose for recommending the particular treatment that he does for Callie?
4. What is Jerome's hobby?
5. Which of the following does NOT occur at the hunting lodge?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)