|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jerome's hobby?
(a) Watching horror movies.
(b) Making horror movies.
2. What is Callie's initial impression of the Obscure Object?
(a) She falls deeply in love with her.
(b) She is awed by her natural beauty especially her freckles.
(c) She hardly notices the new girl in her English class because she is so absorbed in The Illiad.
(d) She is put off by her disinterested attitude.
3. Who is the kidnapper?
(a) Chapter Eleven
(b) Dr. Philobosian.
(d) Father Mike.
4. Where does Milton announce he wants the family to travel to?
(d) San Fransisco.
5. Why is Tessie angry at Milton after his death?
(a) He was willing to meet and pay the kidnapper and did not tell her about it.
(b) She believes he killed himself.
(c) She believes he drove Father Mike to black mail him.
(d) He left her penniless and alone.
6. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
(a) The Prince by Machiavelli.
(b) Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.
(c) The Complete Works of Socrates.
(d) The Republic by Plato.
7. What does Cal/Callie say the hardest adjustment is that s/he has to make in choosing to live as a man?
(a) Getting used to using men's bathrooms.
(b) Asking women out on dates.
(c) Walking like a man.
(d) Dressing like a man.
8. Who is Carmen?
(a) A woman who Cal rents a room from.
(b) A woman with Androgen Insensitivity who works at Bob's club.
(c) A pre-op male to female transsexual who works at Bob's club.
(d) The announcer for Octopussy's Garden.
9. How does Tessie react to Cal when he returns home?
(a) She does not understand his decision to run away and to live as a male, but she is working on accepting it.
(b) She rejects him because she wants him to go back to living as a girl.
(c) She fully accepts his decision to live as a male.
(d) She ignores him because she is so focused on preparing for Milton's funeral.
10. Who is the first person to pick Cal/Callie up when s/he begins hitchhiking?
(a) A red-headed truck driver.
(b) A 30-something gay man.
(c) A retired couple.
(d) An old, judgmental woman.
11. How does Callie's physical development compare to that of the other girls in her sixth grade class?
(a) Callie and the other girls are both beginning to go through puberty.
(b) Callie and the other girls have not reached puberty yet.
(c) Callie is much more developed than the other girls.
(d) Callie is much less developed than the other girls.
12. Where do Rex and Jerome take Callie and the Object while they are vacationing?
(a) To a romantic dinner at an expensive restaurant.
(b) To an old hunting lodge in the woods.
(c) To a farm.
(d) To a keg party.
13. What big step do Julie and Cal take in their relationship?
(a) They have sex.
(b) They get married.
(c) They tell their parents that they are dating.
(d) They break up.
14. Where do Callie and the Object spend most of their days in the summer?
(a) At the Object's family's summer home.
(b) The Grosse Pointe Club swimming pool.
(c) At the Object's house.
(d) At Callie's house.
15. What business venture does Milton begin with the remaining money from the insurance settlement on the Zebra Room?
(a) A Cadillac dealership.
(b) A McDonalds franchise.
(c) A series of hot dog stands.
(d) A Greek restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who creates the Hercules Hot Dogs style of cooking hot dogs?
2. Why does Cal want Chapter Eleven to drive through Detroit on their way home for Milton's funeral?
3. What role is Callie assigned in her English class production of Antigone?
4. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
5. Why do Tessie, Milton and Callie travel to New York City?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)