|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cal's motivation for attending the Warhol exhibit opening in Berlin?
(a) He must attend in an official capacity as a cultural attache.
(b) He likes the Mies van der Rohe building it is being held in.
(c) He hopes to run into Julie Kikuchi there.
(d) He admires Warhol's work.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Tessie and Milton feed their family only traditional Greek foods?
(a) Tessie and Milton only know how to cook Greek foods.
(b) Greek food is easier to digest than American food.
(c) Desdemona prefers Greek food.
(d) Mediterranean food has health benefits that help longevity.
3. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
4. Who poses the greatest threat to Cal, Matt and the other Deadheads living in Golden Gate Park?
(a) The police.
(b) The homeless men living on the other side of the field.
(c) Dr. Luce.
(d) Their parents.
5. Why does Milton decide to remove the briefcase of money for the kidnapper from the garbage can?
(a) He does not believe the kidnapper will return Callie safely.
(b) He discovers who is the kidnapper is.
(c) He decides to give him half now and half when he returns Callie to ensure her safe return.
(d) He knows that Callie has not been kidnapped.
6. What is Callie's initial impression of the Obscure Object?
(a) She is awed by her natural beauty especially her freckles.
(b) She is put off by her disinterested attitude.
(c) She falls deeply in love with her.
(d) She hardly notices the new girl in her English class because she is so absorbed in The Illiad.
7. According to Dr. Luce which of the following is NOT an influence on gender identity?
(b) Sex of rearing.
8. Who is Mr. da Silva?
(a) Callie's high school English teacher.
(b) Callie's eighth grade honors English teacher.
(c) Callie's teacher and love interest.
(d) Callie's drama club advisor.
9. What is Octopussy's Garden?
(a) The name of Bob Presto's adult store.
(b) The name of Bob Presto's strip club.
(c) A side show that Bob Presto has created which features three women performing in a see-through tank.
(d) A pornographic movie produced by Bob Preso.
10. What big step do Julie and Cal take in their relationship?
(a) They break up.
(b) They tell their parents that they are dating.
(c) They have sex.
(d) They get married.
11. Why does Cal finally call home?
(a) He does not want his parents to worry about him.
(b) He has out of money and needs his parents so send him more.
(c) He has been arrested while working at Bob's club.
(d) He wants to explain why he ran away to his parents.
12. Who does the Object develop a crush on that upsets Callie?
(a) Rex Reese.
(d) Chapter Eleven.
13. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
(a) Even though she has had her hair cut like a boy, she still looks like a girl.
(b) She now looks like a boy on the outside, but still feels like a girl inside.
(c) She now looks and feels like a boy.
(d) She will now be able to date women without suffering public ridicule.
14. Who is Hermaphroditus?
(a) A condition where a person has both male and female sex traits.
(b) The patron saint of hermaphrodites.
(c) The fictionalized half male-half female character that Cal plays for Bob.
(d) A half male-half female Greek god.
15. What does Chapter Eleven announce he plans on majoring in after his freshman year of college?
(d) Political Science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What synonym for "hermaphrodite" does Callie see in the dictionary that upsets her?
2. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
3. What business venture does Milton begin with the remaining money from the insurance settlement on the Zebra Room?
4. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
5. What does Milton wear to his and Tessie's appointment with Dr. Luce for good luck?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)