|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business venture does Milton begin with the remaining money from the insurance settlement on the Zebra Room?
(a) A series of hot dog stands.
(b) A Cadillac dealership.
(c) A McDonalds franchise.
(d) A Greek restaurant.
2. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
(a) Reproductive medicine.
(b) Sexual disfunction.
3. What is Callie's first step in her physical transformation into a boy?
(a) Walking like a man.
(b) Purchasing a bus ticket to Scranton.
(c) Purchasing and wearing a used suit.
(d) Getting a short haircut.
4. According to Dr. Luce which of the following is NOT an influence on gender identity?
(b) Sex of rearing.
5. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
(a) Lowering of the voice.
(b) Growing armpit hair.
(c) Breast development.
(d) Growing public hair.
6. Why does the man who claims to have Callie want Milton to negotiate a ransom price with him?
(a) He believes he can get more money from Milton than he initially asks for.
(b) He wants to make Milton suffer even more.
(c) He wants to engage in a bargaining session.
(d) He is not sure how much Callie's return is worth to Milton.
7. What concerns Dr. Luce most about Callie's disappearance?
(a) Dr. Luce believes Callie has false information about her condition and would like to set her straight.
(b) Dr. Luce believes Callie was abducted.
(c) Dr. Luce believes that Callie is in a fragile psychological state after discovering the nature of her condition.
(d) Dr. Luce wants to begin treatment of Callie immediately.
8. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
(b) Meg Zemka.
(d) Callie's support.
9. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
(a) His liberal arts education.
(b) Milton's conservative views.
(c) His girlfriend, Meg.
(d) The military draft.
10. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
(a) She tells Jerome to never come near her again.
(b) She decides to pretend like it never happened.
(c) She scrubs her body repeatedly during her morning shower.
(d) She confesses to the Object hoping that telling her will make her feel better.
11. How does Callie's physical development compare to that of the other girls in her sixth grade class?
(a) Callie and the other girls are both beginning to go through puberty.
(b) Callie is much more developed than the other girls.
(c) Callie and the other girls have not reached puberty yet.
(d) Callie is much less developed than the other girls.
12. How does Callie avoid going to the theatre with her parents?
(a) She stays at the clinic with Dr. Luce.
(b) She tells them she has menstrual cramps.
(c) She tells them she is too tired.
(d) She runs away from the hotel.
13. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
(b) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
(c) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
(d) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
14. What sort of business does Bob Presto own and run?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A pornographic movie making studio.
(c) A strip club.
(d) An adult store.
15. How do Tessie and Milton react to the ER doctor's diagnosis of Callie?
(a) They are shocked and in disbelief.
(b) They believe the doctor has confused her with another patient.
(c) They accept his diagnosis and immediately take Callie to Dr. Luce.
(d) They distrust the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bob Presto know that Cal/Callie is not a college student?
2. What is Callie's initial impression of the Obscure Object?
3. Why do the homeless men beat Cal?
4. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
5. Who creates the Hercules Hot Dogs style of cooking hot dogs?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)