|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
(a) Callie's support.
(b) Meg Zemka.
2. How does Bob Presto know that Cal/Callie is not a college student?
(a) Cal/Callie does not know what city Stanford is in.
(b) Cal/Callie does not have a high school diploma.
(c) Cal/Callie takes a job working for Bob Presto.
(d) Cal/Callie wants to go to San Francisco instead of Los Angeles.
3. What surprises Cal most about Desdemona's appearance when he sees her for the first time since returning home?
(a) She seems to have aged considerably.
(b) She is still confined to her bed.
(c) She has lost weight because of inactivity.
(d) She does not have her hair in her traditional hair net.
4. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
(a) Heart disease.
(d) None. He says she is in good health.
5. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
(a) Reproductive medicine.
(d) Sexual disfunction.
6. What leads Milton to believe that the man calling him has kidnapped Callie?
(a) He has threatened the Stephanides family.
(b) He hears Callie talking in the background when the man calls.
(c) He sends Milton a recent picture of Callie.
(d) He knows personal family details about her.
7. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
(a) Breast development.
(b) Lowering of the voice.
(c) Growing public hair.
(d) Growing armpit hair.
8. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
(a) Her parents requested that she be transferred to a more challenging class.
(b) She has tested out of the lower level English class.
(c) Her teacher, Ms. Lampe, does not want her in her English class any longer.
(d) She wants to read the Illiad.
9. What is Cal's motivation for attending the Warhol exhibit opening in Berlin?
(a) He likes the Mies van der Rohe building it is being held in.
(b) He admires Warhol's work.
(c) He must attend in an official capacity as a cultural attache.
(d) He hopes to run into Julie Kikuchi there.
10. What sort of business does Bob Presto own and run?
(a) An adult store.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A strip club.
(d) A pornographic movie making studio.
11. What business venture does Milton begin with the remaining money from the insurance settlement on the Zebra Room?
(a) A series of hot dog stands.
(b) A Greek restaurant.
(c) A Cadillac dealership.
(d) A McDonalds franchise.
12. Who is Hermaphroditus?
(a) A half male-half female Greek god.
(b) The patron saint of hermaphrodites.
(c) The fictionalized half male-half female character that Cal plays for Bob.
(d) A condition where a person has both male and female sex traits.
13. What was Dr. Luce's main purpose for recommending the particular treatment that he does for Callie?
(a) To cure her of 5-alpha-reductase deficiency.
(b) Helping Callie cope psychologically with her hermaphroditism.
(c) To provide a research subject for a book he would like to write.
(d) Ensuring that her physical sexual identity matches her gender identity.
14. What is Cal/Callie's initial impression of Ben Scheer?
(a) S/he likes that Ben is willing to purchase alcohol for him/her.
(b) S/he is put off by Ben's intellectual style of speech.
(c) S/he likes that Ben talks to and treats him/her like a sophisticated adult.
(d) S/he is skeptical of Ben's motives in purchasing him/her dinner and a hotel room.
15. Where does Milton announce he wants the family to travel to?
(b) San Fransisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
2. How does Milton die?
3. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
4. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
5. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)