|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Milton die?
(a) Father Mike shoots Milton while he is following him.
(b) Milton commits suicide because he believes he will never see Callie again.
(c) His car falls off of a bridge and sinks into the river.
(d) Father Mike rams his car into Milton's crushing him.
2. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
(a) She now looks like a boy on the outside, but still feels like a girl inside.
(b) She will now be able to date women without suffering public ridicule.
(c) She now looks and feels like a boy.
(d) Even though she has had her hair cut like a boy, she still looks like a girl.
3. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
(b) Heart disease.
(d) None. He says she is in good health.
4. How does Jerome react to Callie's abnormal genitals?
(a) He does not notice anything unusual because he is so pleased that he has had sex.
(b) He laughs and ridicules her.
(c) He does not say anything at the lodge, but later tells Rex and his friends.
(d) He points them out to the Object and Rex.
5. What was Dr. Luce's main purpose for recommending the particular treatment that he does for Callie?
(a) Helping Callie cope psychologically with her hermaphroditism.
(b) To cure her of 5-alpha-reductase deficiency.
(c) To provide a research subject for a book he would like to write.
(d) Ensuring that her physical sexual identity matches her gender identity.
6. Who poses the greatest threat to Cal, Matt and the other Deadheads living in Golden Gate Park?
(a) Their parents.
(b) The police.
(c) Dr. Luce.
(d) The homeless men living on the other side of the field.
7. What concerns Dr. Luce most about Callie's disappearance?
(a) Dr. Luce wants to begin treatment of Callie immediately.
(b) Dr. Luce believes Callie was abducted.
(c) Dr. Luce believes Callie has false information about her condition and would like to set her straight.
(d) Dr. Luce believes that Callie is in a fragile psychological state after discovering the nature of her condition.
8. What does Desdemona confess to Cal?
(a) She and Lefty were brother and sister as well as husband and wife.
(b) She never loved Lefty.
(c) She wishes that she and Lefty had never left Turkey.
(d) She had secretly been in love with Dr. Philobosian for years.
9. What synonym for "hermaphrodite" does Callie see in the dictionary that upsets her?
10. Why do the homeless men beat Cal?
(a) Cal refuses to give them drugs.
(b) Cal refuses to give them money.
(c) They attempt to rape Cal and he tries to resist.
(d) They discover that Cal is a hermaphrodite.
11. Why does the man who claims to have Callie want Milton to negotiate a ransom price with him?
(a) He wants to make Milton suffer even more.
(b) He is not sure how much Callie's return is worth to Milton.
(c) He wants to engage in a bargaining session.
(d) He believes he can get more money from Milton than he initially asks for.
12. Why does Milton decide to remove the briefcase of money for the kidnapper from the garbage can?
(a) He knows that Callie has not been kidnapped.
(b) He discovers who is the kidnapper is.
(c) He decides to give him half now and half when he returns Callie to ensure her safe return.
(d) He does not believe the kidnapper will return Callie safely.
13. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
(a) He plans to study political science at the University of Michigan.
(b) He is interested in and identifies with President Nixon.
(c) He is 18 and now eligible to be drafted into the military.
(d) He hopes to run for political office in the future.
14. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
(a) They are jealous that Jerome did not ask them to be a part of it.
(b) They laugh hysterically while watching it from behind a tree.
(c) They are eager to be a part of it and ask Jerome for parts in the movie.
(d) They volunteer to hold the camera for Jerome.
15. What is Octopussy's Garden?
(a) A side show that Bob Presto has created which features three women performing in a see-through tank.
(b) The name of Bob Presto's strip club.
(c) A pornographic movie produced by Bob Preso.
(d) The name of Bob Presto's adult store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tessie angry at Milton after his death?
2. Who is Hermaphroditus?
3. Why does Callie hide in the basement bathroom at Baker-Inglis?
4. Who is Mr. da Silva?
5. What do Zora and Cal have in common?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)