|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Callie become a first hand witness to the burning of the diner?
(a) Milton tells Callie the story of the fire when he arrives home from the diner.
(b) Tessie drives the family to the Zebra Room to help Milton.
(c) She rides her bike to the Zebra Room to help her father.
(d) She sees news footage of the diner catching fire on t.v.
2. How do Tessie and Milton react to the ER doctor's diagnosis of Callie?
(a) They are shocked and in disbelief.
(b) They believe the doctor has confused her with another patient.
(c) They distrust the doctor.
(d) They accept his diagnosis and immediately take Callie to Dr. Luce.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
4. What does Desdemona do to help make the village girls more attractive to Lefty?
(a) She teaches them to look like the girls in a lingerie catalog hidden in her father's dresser.
(b) She teaches them how to talk to a man in a seductive way.
(c) She encourages them to practice personal hygiene.
(d) She gives them sex lessons.
5. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
(a) Callie's support.
(c) Meg Zemka.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
2. Who does Desdemona hope that Milton will marry?
3. Who is the kidnapper?
4. What does the narrator say his purpose for telling this story?
5. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)