|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
(a) Fear of having their home and business destroyed during the riots brought the Stephanides family closer together.
(b) Because Lefty had three insurance policies on the Zebra Room, the family was paid a large sum of money when the business burned down.
(c) Because the Zebra Room was a failing business, it was a relief to the family to not have to worry about profits any more.
(d) The riots made the Stephanides family develop a strong sense of pride in their Greek heritage.
2. What does Callie do to try to get to know the Obscure Object better?
(a) Callie joins the Drama Club so that she can be in the play with the Object.
(b) Callie begins smoking because she knows that the Object is also a smoker.
(c) Callie agrees to help the girl learn her lines for their class play.
(d) Callie writes a note to the Object asking her to come over to Middlesex to have dinner.
3. To what religious faith does Stephanides family belong?
(a) The Roman Catholic Church.
(b) Greek Orthodox Church.
(c) The Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Church of Islam.
4. What does Desdemona do following Lefty's death?
(a) She moves from the guest house into the main house at Middlesex.
(b) She wails and throws herself on his coffin.
(c) She climbs into her bed and does not leave it for ten years.
(d) She moves to the Southwest with Sourmelina.
5. What happens to the Zebra Room's earnings?
(a) Lefty loses them by gambling instead of depositing them into the bank.
(b) Milton uses the money to expand the operation by opening a series of hot dog stands.
(c) The Zebra Room earns little money because it is located in a poor neighborhood.
(d) They are stolen when the Zebra Room is burglarized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
2. Why does Callie hide in the basement bathroom at Baker-Inglis?
3. What is ironic about the fact that Milton decides to join the Navy instead of the Army?
4. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
5. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)