|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a criterion in the real estate "Point System"?
(c) Ethnic origin.
(d) Marital status.
2. What synonym for "hermaphrodite" does Callie see in the dictionary that upsets her?
3. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
(a) A successful medical practice.
(b) A letter certifying that he treated the Turkish military leader.
(c) A letter certifying that he treated the Greek military leader.
(d) Money to bribe the Turkish soldiers.
4. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
(a) There is racial conflict between black and whites.
(b) There is racial harmony between blacks and whites.
(c) Poor economics have forced several local businesses to close.
(d) The federal government has taken over control of the city.
5. What does Chapter Eleven do after the church service that shocks and frightens Tessie?
(a) He brings a dead bird into to show Father Mike.
(b) He spills hot coffee on a little girl.
(c) He climbs up on a chair in the reception room.
(d) He shouts obscenities in the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lefty communicate with Calliope?
2. What leads Milton to believe that the man calling him has kidnapped Callie?
3. What do Zora and Cal have in common?
4. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
5. What was Dr. Luce's main purpose for recommending the particular treatment that he does for Callie?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)