|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
2. Who is the first person to pick Cal/Callie up when s/he begins hitchhiking?
(a) An old, judgmental woman.
(b) A red-headed truck driver.
(c) A 30-something gay man.
(d) A retired couple.
3. What tragic event occurs on the same day as Calliope's birth?
(a) Her grandfather dies.
(b) The Korean War begins.
(c) Her grandfather has his first stroke.
(d) Callie's parents discover she has a rare genetic disorder.
4. What does Desdemona do following Lefty's death?
(a) She climbs into her bed and does not leave it for ten years.
(b) She moves from the guest house into the main house at Middlesex.
(c) She moves to the Southwest with Sourmelina.
(d) She wails and throws herself on his coffin.
5. What happens to the Zebra Room's earnings?
(a) Milton uses the money to expand the operation by opening a series of hot dog stands.
(b) Lefty loses them by gambling instead of depositing them into the bank.
(c) They are stolen when the Zebra Room is burglarized.
(d) The Zebra Room earns little money because it is located in a poor neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of business does Bob Presto own and run?
2. Who is Fard Muhammad?
3. What is the English translation of "ex ovo omnia"?
4. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
5. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)