|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Pete encourage Tessie and Milton to do to ensure their baby will be a girl?
(a) Go to church and pray that they will have a baby girl.
(b) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours after she ovulates.
(c) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours before she ovulates.
(d) Use in-vitro fertilization.
2. Why does the man who claims to have Callie want Milton to negotiate a ransom price with him?
(a) He is not sure how much Callie's return is worth to Milton.
(b) He believes he can get more money from Milton than he initially asks for.
(c) He wants to engage in a bargaining session.
(d) He wants to make Milton suffer even more.
3. What sort of business does Bob Presto own and run?
(a) A strip club.
(b) An adult store.
(c) A pornographic movie making studio.
(d) A swimming pool.
4. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
(a) Because the Zebra Room was a failing business, it was a relief to the family to not have to worry about profits any more.
(b) The riots made the Stephanides family develop a strong sense of pride in their Greek heritage.
(c) Because Lefty had three insurance policies on the Zebra Room, the family was paid a large sum of money when the business burned down.
(d) Fear of having their home and business destroyed during the riots brought the Stephanides family closer together.
5. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
(a) They board the ship separately.
(b) They have chance meetings on the deck pretending to be getting to know each other for the first time.
(c) They discuss their family tree as if they are learning it for the first time.
(d) They consummate their marriage in the life boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
2. What do Zora and Cal have in common?
3. Which of the following is NOT a criterion in the real estate "Point System"?
4. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Callie is concerned about her upcoming appointment with Dr. Bauer?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)