|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callie do to convince her mother that she does not need to visit the gynecologist?
(a) She prays that her mother will cancel the appointment.
(b) She stuffs her bra with tissues to convince her mother that she has developed breasts.
(c) She pretends to get her first period.
(d) She tells her mother about her unusual genitals.
2. What does Calliope do when she she is baptized?
(a) She begins crying when sprinkled with holy water.
(b) She becomes unable to breathe when immersed in the baptismal font.
(c) She urinates on Father Mike.
(d) She stops crying.
3. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
(a) She now looks and feels like a boy.
(b) She now looks like a boy on the outside, but still feels like a girl inside.
(c) She will now be able to date women without suffering public ridicule.
(d) Even though she has had her hair cut like a boy, she still looks like a girl.
4. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(b) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(c) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(d) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
5. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
(a) To visit a local bar and brothel.
(b) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(c) To shop for groceries at the market.
(d) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jerome's hobby?
2. What does Lefty resolve to do after his visit to the brothel?
3. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
4. Who is Mrs. Watson?
5. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)