|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hermaphroditus?
(a) The fictionalized half male-half female character that Cal plays for Bob.
(b) A half male-half female Greek god.
(c) A condition where a person has both male and female sex traits.
(d) The patron saint of hermaphrodites.
2. What does Uncle Pete encourage Tessie and Milton to do to ensure their baby will be a girl?
(a) Use in-vitro fertilization.
(b) Go to church and pray that they will have a baby girl.
(c) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours before she ovulates.
(d) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours after she ovulates.
3. Why does Sourmelina move back to Detroit in 1972?
(a) Because Mrs. Watson leaves her for another woman.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) To escape the heat of the Southwest.
(d) Mrs. Watson wants to be closer to her family.
4. How does Callie avoid going to the theatre with her parents?
(a) She tells them she is too tired.
(b) She tells them she has menstrual cramps.
(c) She stays at the clinic with Dr. Luce.
(d) She runs away from the hotel.
5. How does Milton die?
(a) His car falls off of a bridge and sinks into the river.
(b) Milton commits suicide because he believes he will never see Callie again.
(c) Father Mike shoots Milton while he is following him.
(d) Father Mike rams his car into Milton's crushing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
2. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
3. What is Cal's motivation for attending the Warhol exhibit opening in Berlin?
4. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
5. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to in this chapter?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)