|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
(a) To determine whether or not she is pregnant
(b) To have a physical examination
(c) To ask him to sterilize her so she will not be able to have more children.
(d) Because she has contracted an illness from the silk workers
2. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
(a) Silkworm eggs.
(b) A silver spoon.
(c) Silkworm cocoons.
3. Why does Sourmelina move back to Detroit in 1972?
(a) To escape the heat of the Southwest.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) Because Mrs. Watson leaves her for another woman.
(d) Mrs. Watson wants to be closer to her family.
4. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
(b) Callie's support.
(c) Meg Zemka.
5. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
(a) The silk is of poor quality and can only be used to make organzine.
(b) The merchants are poor and are unable to pay much for the silk.
(c) He brings the cocoons to market too late in the day.
(d) Desdemona does not give him enough cocoons to sell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
2. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
3. Why do all of the Sunday dinner guests except for Father Mike and Zoe stop coming to Middlesex?
4. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
5. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)