|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Tessie and Milton feed their family only traditional Greek foods?
(a) Mediterranean food has health benefits that help longevity.
(b) Tessie and Milton only know how to cook Greek foods.
(c) Desdemona prefers Greek food.
(d) Greek food is easier to digest than American food.
2. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
3. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) His family was killed by the Turks.
(b) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
(c) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
(d) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
4. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
(a) A corset.
(b) An olive wood silkworm box.
(c) A baby blanket.
(d) A wedding dress.
5. How does Lefty communicate with Calliope?
(a) Using sign language.
(b) By speaking.
(c) By writing on his chalkboard.
(d) By making faces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
2. Which of the following is NOT a criterion in the real estate "Point System"?
3. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
4. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
5. What does Chapter Eleven announce he plans on majoring in after his freshman year of college?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)