|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Desdemona hope that Milton will marry?
(a) Zoe Stephanides.
(b) Tessie Zismo.
(c) Julie Kikuchi.
(d) Gaia Vasilakis.
2. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
(a) She feels like her relationship with Callie is becoming too weird.
(b) She is concerned about Callie's romantic advances towards her.
(c) She wants to have a chance to spend more time with Rex.
(d) She does not want her brother, Jerome to seduce Callie.
3. What do the police detectives tell Tessie and Milton is the best thing for them to do to help find Callie?
(a) Search New York City for Callie.
(b) Call Callie's friends to see if she has gone to see one of them.
(c) Return home to Grosse Pointe to wait for her to call.
(d) Hire a private investigator to find Callie.
4. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
(a) Lefty and Desdemona pay Sourmelina a fee for her silence.
(b) Lefty and Desdemona threaten Sourmelina.
(c) Sourmelina has her own secret: she is a lesbian.
(d) Sourmelina does not know that Lefty and Desdemona are siblings.
5. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
(a) Her parents requested that she be transferred to a more challenging class.
(b) She has tested out of the lower level English class.
(c) She wants to read the Illiad.
(d) Her teacher, Ms. Lampe, does not want her in her English class any longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
2. To what religious faith does Stephanides family belong?
3. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
4. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
5. What is ironic about the fact that Milton decides to join the Navy instead of the Army?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)