|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
(a) She will attend church on a daily basis.
(b) She will send Milton to Bithynios to repair the town's church.
(c) She will donate a large portion of her earnings to the church.
(d) She will confess to her children that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
2. What does Calliope do when she she is baptized?
(a) She stops crying.
(b) She becomes unable to breathe when immersed in the baptismal font.
(c) She urinates on Father Mike.
(d) She begins crying when sprinkled with holy water.
3. What reason does Lefty give Desdemona for his trip into town?
(a) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
(b) To visit a local bar and brothel.
(c) To shop for groceries at the market.
(d) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
4. Why is Ben Scheer so generous towards Cal/Callie?
(a) Ben is too drunk to realize that he continues to pay for Cal/Callie's food, drink and lodging.
(b) Ben wants to convince Cal/Callie to go into business with him.
(c) Ben is a kind hearted man who wants to help Cal/Callie.
(d) Ben believes Cal/Callie is a gay man and hopes to have sex with him.
5. What is the English translation of "ex ovo omnia"?
(a) Every child begins as an egg.
(b) Everything exits an egg.
(c) Everything is an egg.
(d) Everything comes out of an egg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Callie hide in the basement bathroom at Baker-Inglis?
2. How do Lefty's and Dr. Philobosian's paths cross?
3. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
4. What is Jerome's hobby?
5. What is the first luxury Milton purchases with the insurance money?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)