|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
(a) The silk is of poor quality and can only be used to make organzine.
(b) The merchants are poor and are unable to pay much for the silk.
(c) Desdemona does not give him enough cocoons to sell.
(d) He brings the cocoons to market too late in the day.
2. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(b) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(c) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(d) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
3. What do Zora and Cal have in common?
(a) They were both sexually abused.
(b) They both live as women.
(c) They are both homosexuals.
(d) They both have XY chromosomes.
4. Why does Sourmelina move back to Detroit in 1972?
(a) Because Mrs. Watson leaves her for another woman.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) To escape the heat of the Southwest.
(d) Mrs. Watson wants to be closer to her family.
5. Who is the kidnapper?
(b) Father Mike.
(c) Chapter Eleven
(d) Dr. Philobosian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
3. What concerns Milton about Lefty's business practices at the Zebra Room?
4. What does Desdemona do following Lefty's death?
5. Why does Tessie take Callie to the Golden Fleece salon?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)