|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Air-Ride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Milton decide to remove the briefcase of money for the kidnapper from the garbage can?
(a) He does not believe the kidnapper will return Callie safely.
(b) He knows that Callie has not been kidnapped.
(c) He discovers who is the kidnapper is.
(d) He decides to give him half now and half when he returns Callie to ensure her safe return.
2. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(b) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(c) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(d) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
3. What mistake does Dr. Philobosian make when the narrator is born?
(a) He fails to fully examine his/her genitals thus does not notice s/he was a hermaphrodite.
(b) He fails to administer an epidural to Tessie.
(c) He becomes distracted by Nurse Rosalee.
(d) He incorrectly diagnoses the baby with a birth defect.
4. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
(a) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a boy and it is a boy.
(b) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a boy, but it is born a girl.
(c) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a girl, but it is born a boy.
(d) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a girl and it is a girl.
5. Which of the following statements best describes Uncle Pete?
(a) An intellectual chiropractor.
(b) A self-made business man.
(c) A sweet natured priest.
(d) A superstitious old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter Eleven announce he plans on majoring in after his freshman year of college?
2. What is perplexing to Dr. Luce and his colleagues about Callie's condition?
3. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
4. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
5. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)