|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Calliope's birth?
(a) Attend church.
(b) Leave her ill husband alone.
(c) Speak to Tessie.
(d) Predict a child's sex.
2. Who does Desdemona hope that Milton will marry?
(a) Zoe Stephanides.
(b) Gaia Vasilakis.
(c) Julie Kikuchi.
(d) Tessie Zismo.
3. How does Lefty communicate with Calliope?
(a) By making faces.
(b) By writing on his chalkboard.
(c) By speaking.
(d) Using sign language.
4. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
(a) The goalie equipment fits her better than the other girls.
(b) She is agile on her feet and able to block shots made on the goal.
(c) She is the last student to sign up for the team and goalie is the only position left open.
(d) She is uncoordinated so the coach gave her a position where she would not need to move much.
5. Which of the following is NOT a criterion in the real estate "Point System"?
(c) Marital status.
(d) Ethnic origin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
2. Which of the following does NOT occur at the hunting lodge?
3. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
4. How does Callie's physical development compare to that of the other girls in her sixth grade class?
5. What commentary on beauty does Julie Kikuchi make in this chapter?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)