|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
(a) She feels like her relationship with Callie is becoming too weird.
(b) She does not want her brother, Jerome to seduce Callie.
(c) She wants to have a chance to spend more time with Rex.
(d) She is concerned about Callie's romantic advances towards her.
2. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
(a) Lowering of the voice.
(b) Growing armpit hair.
(c) Growing public hair.
(d) Breast development.
3. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
(a) To show her an example of hermaphroditism.
(b) To see if it will embarrass or excite her.
(c) To try to determine her sexual orientation.
(d) To relax her.
4. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
(a) Dr. Luce.
(c) The emergency room doctor and nurse.
(d) The Object.
5. What mistake does Dr. Philobosian make when the narrator is born?
(a) He becomes distracted by Nurse Rosalee.
(b) He fails to administer an epidural to Tessie.
(c) He fails to fully examine his/her genitals thus does not notice s/he was a hermaphrodite.
(d) He incorrectly diagnoses the baby with a birth defect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Callie and the Object spend most of their days in the summer?
2. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
3. What concerns Milton about Lefty's business practices at the Zebra Room?
4. What does Chapter Eleven announce he plans on majoring in after his freshman year of college?
5. How does Callie's physical development compare to that of the other girls in her sixth grade class?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)