|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
(a) There is racial harmony between blacks and whites.
(b) The federal government has taken over control of the city.
(c) There is racial conflict between black and whites.
(d) Poor economics have forced several local businesses to close.
2. Who is the narrator of the story?
3. What does Callie do to try to get to know the Obscure Object better?
(a) Callie writes a note to the Object asking her to come over to Middlesex to have dinner.
(b) Callie agrees to help the girl learn her lines for their class play.
(c) Callie begins smoking because she knows that the Object is also a smoker.
(d) Callie joins the Drama Club so that she can be in the play with the Object.
4. Who is Fard Muhammad?
(a) Jimmy Zismo.
(b) Dr. Philobosian.
(c) Maurice Plantagenet.
(d) Elijah Poole.
5. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
(a) She wants to read the Illiad.
(b) She has tested out of the lower level English class.
(c) Her parents requested that she be transferred to a more challenging class.
(d) Her teacher, Ms. Lampe, does not want her in her English class any longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
2. Why does Callie hide in the basement bathroom at Baker-Inglis?
3. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
4. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
5. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)