|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
(a) He hopes to run for political office in the future.
(b) He is 18 and now eligible to be drafted into the military.
(c) He is interested in and identifies with President Nixon.
(d) He plans to study political science at the University of Michigan.
2. What does Milton wear to his and Tessie's appointment with Dr. Luce for good luck?
(a) A charcoal pinstripe suit.
(b) His Greek Drama cuff links.
(c) A Countess Mara tie.
(d) A beret.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
4. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
(a) They could not find a man to marry her in Bithynios.
(b) They wanted her to find fame and fortune in America.
(c) She was caught in a scandalous affair with a woman.
(d) They could not afford to support an unmarried daughter.
5. Which of the following does NOT occur at the hunting lodge?
(a) Jerome and Callie have sex.
(b) Callie stops the Object from becoming intimately involved with Rex.
(c) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object smoke marajuana.
(d) Jerome, Callie, Rex and the Object break into the lodge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
2. Why do all of the Sunday dinner guests except for Father Mike and Zoe stop coming to Middlesex?
3. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
4. Why does Sourmelina move back to Detroit in 1972?
5. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)