|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona do to help make the village girls more attractive to Lefty?
(a) She teaches them to look like the girls in a lingerie catalog hidden in her father's dresser.
(b) She teaches them how to talk to a man in a seductive way.
(c) She gives them sex lessons.
(d) She encourages them to practice personal hygiene.
2. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
(a) S/he has the brain of a boy, but was raised as a girl.
(b) S/he lived as a girl but had the body of a boy.
(c) S/he went to the doctor to have a sex change operation.
(d) S/he was studied by Dr. Luce.
3. What does the narrator say his purpose for telling this story?
(a) To convince the reader to accept him.
(b) To record the history of his genetic anomaly.
(c) To explain why he is the way he is.
(d) To share his family history.
4. What helps narrator feel more masculine?
(a) His full head of hair.
(c) Using urinals in the men's bathroom.
(d) A checked shirt.
5. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(b) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(c) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(d) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
2. Which of the following does NOT occur at the hunting lodge?
3. What reason does Lefty give Desdemona for his trip into town?
4. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
5. What does Callie witness late one night that foreshadows the violent turn that the riots will take?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)