|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only article of modern technology does the superstitious and traditional Desdemona embraces?
(a) The television.
(b) The record player (hi-fi).
(c) The automobile.
(d) The vacuum cleaner.
2. What does Chapter Eleven announce he plans on majoring in after his freshman year of college?
(b) Political Science.
3. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
(a) He will marry a village girl and will leave Desdemona alone to care for the cocoonery.
(b) He will marry an unattractive Turkish woman.
(c) He will never marry and will die alone.
(d) He will become a smoker and alcoholic.
4. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
(a) Growing public hair.
(b) Growing armpit hair.
(c) Breast development.
(d) Lowering of the voice.
5. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
(a) The Zebra Room has been broken into.
(b) Race riots have begun in the city near the Zebra Room.
(c) The Zebra Room has caught on fire.
(d) Jimmy wants Milton to help him protect his business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
2. What happens to the Zebra Room's earnings?
3. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
4. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
5. What concerns Milton about Lefty's business practices at the Zebra Room?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)