|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
(a) Captain Kontoulis.
(b) No one, they are not married until they reach America.
(c) Dr. Philobosian.
(d) A priest traveling on the Giulia.
2. How does Callie's physical development compare to that of the other girls in her sixth grade class?
(a) Callie and the other girls are both beginning to go through puberty.
(b) Callie is much less developed than the other girls.
(c) Callie and the other girls have not reached puberty yet.
(d) Callie is much more developed than the other girls.
3. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
(a) The riots made the Stephanides family develop a strong sense of pride in their Greek heritage.
(b) Because the Zebra Room was a failing business, it was a relief to the family to not have to worry about profits any more.
(c) Because Lefty had three insurance policies on the Zebra Room, the family was paid a large sum of money when the business burned down.
(d) Fear of having their home and business destroyed during the riots brought the Stephanides family closer together.
4. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
(b) Heart disease.
(d) None. He says she is in good health.
5. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
(a) Meg Zemka.
(b) Callie's support.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
2. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Tessie and Milton feed their family only traditional Greek foods?
4. Which of the following is NOT a criterion in the real estate "Point System"?
5. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)