|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
(a) Because he will be exempt from drills while taking the test.
(b) Because he believes that being accepted into Annapolis will make Tessie proud of him.
(c) Because he has dreamed of becoming a Navy officer.
(d) Because he wants to be relocated closer to Tessie.
2. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
(a) Sourmelina does not know that Lefty and Desdemona are siblings.
(b) Sourmelina has her own secret: she is a lesbian.
(c) Lefty and Desdemona threaten Sourmelina.
(d) Lefty and Desdemona pay Sourmelina a fee for her silence.
3. What happens to Jimmy on Lefty's and his last trip out to the lake?
(a) He and Lefty fight and Jimmy is hurt.
(b) The Packard breaks through the ice and sinks below the surface with Jimmy inside.
(c) He is caught by the police for bootlegging.
(d) Jimmy crashes the Packard into a telephone pole.
4. What is Jerome's hobby?
(b) Making horror movies.
(d) Watching horror movies.
5. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
(a) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a girl, but it is born a boy.
(b) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a girl and it is a girl.
(c) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a boy and it is a boy.
(d) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a boy, but it is born a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the English translation of "ex ovo omnia"?
2. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
3. Who is the narrator of the story?
4. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
5. In "Opa!", why is Milton suddenly around the house more than at the diner?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)