|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) A corset.
(c) A baby blanket.
(d) An olive wood silkworm box.
2. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
(a) Sourmelina has her own secret: she is a lesbian.
(b) Lefty and Desdemona pay Sourmelina a fee for her silence.
(c) Lefty and Desdemona threaten Sourmelina.
(d) Sourmelina does not know that Lefty and Desdemona are siblings.
3. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
(b) Silkworm cocoons.
(c) Silkworm eggs.
(d) A silver spoon.
4. How does Lefty manage to keep the men in the gaming room from stealing his winnings?
(a) He hides them in his sock.
(b) He loses them all in subsequent games.
(c) He fights the men and wins.
(d) He flees from the gaming room and hides.
5. Where does Tessie and her family wait out the riots?
(a) At the Zebra Room.
(b) At a neighbor's home.
(c) In Desdemona and Lefty's room in their attic.
(d) In Desdemona and Lefty's room in their basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
2. What is perplexing to Dr. Luce and his colleagues about Callie's condition?
3. What does the Object's father do while driving Callie to the family's summer home in Petoskey?
4. Why do all of the Sunday dinner guests except for Father Mike and Zoe stop coming to Middlesex?
5. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)