|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Desdemona over hear through the heating vents in the Silk Room of the Temple No. 1?
(a) The Prophet Muhammed.
(b) Sister Wanda.
(c) W.D. Fard.
(d) Betty Smith.
2. Where do Rex and Jerome take Callie and the Object while they are vacationing?
(a) To a farm.
(b) To an old hunting lodge in the woods.
(c) To a romantic dinner at an expensive restaurant.
(d) To a keg party.
3. What does Lefty resolve to do after his visit to the brothel?
(a) Marry a village girl and start a family.
(b) Attend the local Greek church more often.
(c) Leave Bithynios to immigrate to America.
(d) Tell Desdemona of his feelings for her.
4. Why does Milton decide to enlist in the Navy?
(a) He is fiercely patriotic and wants to fight to protect America.
(b) He is heartbroken when Tessie becomes engaged to Mike Antoniou.
(c) He wants to prove to Tessie that he is a strong, brave man.
(d) He wants to escape taking over the Zebra Room as a career.
5. What synonym for "hermaphrodite" does Callie see in the dictionary that upsets her?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lefty manage to keep the men in the gaming room from stealing his winnings?
2. What is Callie's initial impression of the Obscure Object?
3. How does Lefty communicate with Calliope?
4. How does Callie become a first hand witness to the burning of the diner?
5. Which of the following is NOT a criterion in the real estate "Point System"?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)