|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
(a) Because of his Greek background.
(b) Because of his loud voice.
(c) Because of the way he dresses.
(d) Because they do not believe he can afford the mortgage.
2. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
(a) It is downsized.
(b) It closes.
(c) It is expanded.
(d) It is relocated to a new building.
3. Who does Zoe end up marrying?
(a) Dr. Philobosian.
(b) Father Mike.
(d) Chapter Eleven.
4. What hormone does Callie's body not produce because of her 5-alpha-reductase deficiency?
5. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
(a) Because the Zebra Room was a failing business, it was a relief to the family to not have to worry about profits any more.
(b) Fear of having their home and business destroyed during the riots brought the Stephanides family closer together.
(c) Because Lefty had three insurance policies on the Zebra Room, the family was paid a large sum of money when the business burned down.
(d) The riots made the Stephanides family develop a strong sense of pride in their Greek heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
2. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
3. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
4. What does Desdemona admire about the women of Temple No.1?
5. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)