|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Tessie, Milton and Callie travel to New York City?
(a) For Callie to have abdominal surgery following her tractor injury.
(b) To visit the Sexual Disorders and Gender Identity Clinic.
(c) To visit Chapter Eleven at college.
(d) For a relaxing family vacation.
2. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
(a) Captain Kontoulis.
(b) No one, they are not married until they reach America.
(c) Dr. Philobosian.
(d) A priest traveling on the Giulia.
3. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
(a) Sourmelina does not know that Lefty and Desdemona are siblings.
(b) Lefty and Desdemona threaten Sourmelina.
(c) Lefty and Desdemona pay Sourmelina a fee for her silence.
(d) Sourmelina has her own secret: she is a lesbian.
4. What does Lefty resolve to do after his visit to the brothel?
(a) Attend the local Greek church more often.
(b) Marry a village girl and start a family.
(c) Leave Bithynios to immigrate to America.
(d) Tell Desdemona of his feelings for her.
5. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
(a) Meg Zemka.
(b) Callie's support.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
2. What is Callie's initial impression of the Obscure Object?
3. Which of the following does NOT occur at the hunting lodge?
4. Who does Desdemona hope that Tessie will marry?
5. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)