|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes Lefty?
(a) A traditional man in a modern town.
(b) A modern man in a traditional town.
(c) A cruel, abusive alcoholic.
(d) A jazz loving gangster.
2. What synonym for "hermaphrodite" does Callie see in the dictionary that upsets her?
3. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
(a) He solicits women to pose for pornographic photos taken by his friend Maurice.
(b) He rents a room in the family's home to a customer from the Zebra Room.
(c) He extends the operating hours of the Zebra Room.
(d) He serves as a driver for his friend Maurice during the day.
4. How is Lefty able to get he and Desdemona out of the burning city of Smyrna?
(a) He asks Dr. Philobosian to allow them to hide in his home.
(b) He buys tickets on boat bound for Greece.
(c) He hitchikes from the city into the mountains.
(d) He pretends they are French citizens in order to gain passage on a departing boat.
5. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
(a) Reproductive medicine.
(b) Sexual disfunction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "maze" that Jimmy tells Lefty women should be "shut up in"?
2. What happens to Jimmy on Lefty's and his last trip out to the lake?
3. How do Lefty's and Dr. Philobosian's paths cross?
4. What was Dr. Luce's main purpose for recommending the particular treatment that he does for Callie?
5. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)