|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Desdemona hope that Milton will marry?
(a) Zoe Stephanides.
(b) Julie Kikuchi.
(c) Gaia Vasilakis.
(d) Tessie Zismo.
2. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
(a) He will marry an unattractive Turkish woman.
(b) He will become a smoker and alcoholic.
(c) He will marry a village girl and will leave Desdemona alone to care for the cocoonery.
(d) He will never marry and will die alone.
3. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
(a) English phrases.
(b) A Bible passage about eunuchs.
(c) A Bible passage forbidding incest.
(d) Passages from the Greek Bible.
4. How does Callie's physical development compare to that of the other girls in her sixth grade class?
(a) Callie is much less developed than the other girls.
(b) Callie and the other girls have not reached puberty yet.
(c) Callie is much more developed than the other girls.
(d) Callie and the other girls are both beginning to go through puberty.
5. Where do Rex and Jerome take Callie and the Object while they are vacationing?
(a) To a farm.
(b) To a keg party.
(c) To an old hunting lodge in the woods.
(d) To a romantic dinner at an expensive restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Object develop a crush on that upsets Callie?
2. How does Lefty manage to keep the men in the gaming room from stealing his winnings?
3. Which of the following statements best describes Lefty?
4. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
5. What does Desdemona's mother say is critical for encourage silk worms to produce good silk?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)