|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
(a) They consummate their marriage in the life boat.
(b) They discuss their family tree as if they are learning it for the first time.
(c) They board the ship separately.
(d) They have chance meetings on the deck pretending to be getting to know each other for the first time.
2. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
(b) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
(c) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
(d) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
3. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to in this chapter?
(a) Grosse Pointe.
(d) Milton and Tessie's home in Indian Village.
4. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
(a) She must convince them that she had black ancestors.
(b) She must pledge allegiance to their religious leader, Minister Fard.
(c) She must prove that she is capable of raising silk worms.
(d) She must demonstrate that she knows how to weave silk into fabric.
5. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His occupation.
(c) His dark skin.
(d) His religious beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
2. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
3. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
4. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
5. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)