|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
(a) To shop for groceries at the market.
(b) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
(c) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(d) To visit a local bar and brothel.
2. What does the Object's father do while driving Callie to the family's summer home in Petoskey?
(a) He drinks Smirnoff cocktails.
(b) He asks Callie about her family.
(c) He asks Callie about her relationship with the Object.
(d) He makes sexual advances towards Callie.
3. What helps narrator feel more masculine?
(b) Using urinals in the men's bathroom.
(c) A checked shirt.
(d) His full head of hair.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Tessie and Milton feed their family only traditional Greek foods?
(a) Tessie and Milton only know how to cook Greek foods.
(b) Mediterranean food has health benefits that help longevity.
(c) Desdemona prefers Greek food.
(d) Greek food is easier to digest than American food.
5. What drives Desdemona and Lefty from Bithynios?
(a) All of their neighbors are leaving and they do not want to be left alone in the village.
(b) The strong desire to join their cousin in America.
(c) The advancing Greek army.
(d) The advancing Turkish army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jerome react to Callie's abnormal genitals?
2. What is the "maze" that Jimmy tells Lefty women should be "shut up in"?
3. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
4. In "Opa!", why is Milton suddenly around the house more than at the diner?
5. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)