|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona admire about the women of Temple No.1?
(a) Their ability to create beautiful silk fabric.
(b) Their work ethic.
(c) Their modesty.
(d) Their religious devotion.
2. What medical fact does Dr. Philobosian share with Desdemona that makes her worry about her pregnancy?
(a) The baby will take on the traits of whatever picture a woman is looking at when the baby is conceived.
(b) Women must take folic acid to prevent birth defects.
(c) Birth defects in babies usually only occur when families intermarry.
(d) Babies must be baptized while they are still in the womb.
3. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
(b) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
(c) His family was killed by the Turks.
(d) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
4. What does Callie do to try to get to know the Obscure Object better?
(a) Callie begins smoking because she knows that the Object is also a smoker.
(b) Callie writes a note to the Object asking her to come over to Middlesex to have dinner.
(c) Callie joins the Drama Club so that she can be in the play with the Object.
(d) Callie agrees to help the girl learn her lines for their class play.
5. How does Jerome react to Callie's abnormal genitals?
(a) He does not say anything at the lodge, but later tells Rex and his friends.
(b) He laughs and ridicules her.
(c) He points them out to the Object and Rex.
(d) He does not notice anything unusual because he is so pleased that he has had sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
2. Why does Tessie take Callie to the Golden Fleece salon?
3. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
4. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
5. What does Calliope do when she she is baptized?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)