|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Lefty able to get he and Desdemona out of the burning city of Smyrna?
(a) He buys tickets on boat bound for Greece.
(b) He asks Dr. Philobosian to allow them to hide in his home.
(c) He hitchikes from the city into the mountains.
(d) He pretends they are French citizens in order to gain passage on a departing boat.
2. What drives Desdemona and Lefty from Bithynios?
(a) The advancing Greek army.
(b) The advancing Turkish army.
(c) All of their neighbors are leaving and they do not want to be left alone in the village.
(d) The strong desire to join their cousin in America.
3. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
(a) He receives word that he has been accepted to the US Naval Academy and is immediately transported off of the ship.
(b) He is discharged from the Navy and is able to return to Detroit to work in the Zebra Room.
(c) He receives word that Tessie has broken off her engagement to Mike.
(d) He is injured by a fellow seaman and spends the rest of the war safely in a US hospital.
4. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to in this chapter?
(c) Milton and Tessie's home in Indian Village.
(d) Grosse Pointe.
5. How does Lefty communicate with Calliope?
(a) By making faces.
(b) Using sign language.
(c) By speaking.
(d) By writing on his chalkboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
2. Where do Rex and Jerome take Callie and the Object while they are vacationing?
3. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
4. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
5. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)