|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Looking Myself Up in Webster's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Desdemona hope that Tessie will marry?
(a) Mike Antoniou.
(b) Milton Stephanides.
(c) Gus Vasilakis.
(d) Dr. Philobosian.
2. Why do all of the Sunday dinner guests except for Father Mike and Zoe stop coming to Middlesex?
(a) Milton's political loyalties lie with the U.S. while the other men's lie with Greece.
(b) The men broke Milton and Tessie's good coffee cups.
(c) Milton is offended by the men's comments about Tessie's cooking.
(d) Milton throws the men out of his home after an argument.
3. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
(a) An olive wood silkworm box.
(b) A corset.
(c) A baby blanket.
(d) A wedding dress.
4. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
(a) They volunteer to hold the camera for Jerome.
(b) They are eager to be a part of it and ask Jerome for parts in the movie.
(c) They are jealous that Jerome did not ask them to be a part of it.
(d) They laugh hysterically while watching it from behind a tree.
5. What does the narrator say his purpose for telling this story?
(a) To convince the reader to accept him.
(b) To explain why he is the way he is.
(c) To share his family history.
(d) To record the history of his genetic anomaly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milton wear to his and Tessie's appointment with Dr. Luce for good luck?
2. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to when they arrive in the United States?
3. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
4. Where does Milton announce he wants the family to travel to?
5. Who does Zoe end up marrying?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)