|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
(a) Milton's conservative views.
(b) The military draft.
(c) His girlfriend, Meg.
(d) His liberal arts education.
2. What concerns Milton about Lefty's business practices at the Zebra Room?
(a) Milton believes it is immoral for Lefty to sell alcohol in the Zebra Room.
(b) Milton worries that the Zebra Room will be broken into because it is in a bad neighborhood.
(c) Milton does not understand why Lefty is paying for three insurance policies on the building.
(d) Milton is concerned about Lefty's dealings with bootleggers.
3. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
(a) His religious beliefs.
(b) His dark skin.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His occupation.
4. What is the English translation of "ex ovo omnia"?
(a) Everything comes out of an egg.
(b) Everything exits an egg.
(c) Everything is an egg.
(d) Every child begins as an egg.
5. What drives Desdemona and Lefty from Bithynios?
(a) The advancing Greek army.
(b) The strong desire to join their cousin in America.
(c) All of their neighbors are leaving and they do not want to be left alone in the village.
(d) The advancing Turkish army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
2. Who is the narrator of the story?
3. What happens to the Zebra Room's earnings?
4. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
5. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)