|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
(a) Callie injures Clementine.
(b) Callie discovers she is sexually attracted to girls.
(c) The girls discover their interest in water ballet.
(d) Lefty spies on the girls while they are in the hot tub.
2. Where does Tessie and her family wait out the riots?
(a) In Desdemona and Lefty's room in their attic.
(b) In Desdemona and Lefty's room in their basement.
(c) At a neighbor's home.
(d) At the Zebra Room.
3. To what religious faith does Stephanides family belong?
(a) The Roman Catholic Church.
(b) Greek Orthodox Church.
(c) The Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Church of Islam.
4. Why does Milton decide to enlist in the Navy?
(a) He wants to escape taking over the Zebra Room as a career.
(b) He is heartbroken when Tessie becomes engaged to Mike Antoniou.
(c) He is fiercely patriotic and wants to fight to protect America.
(d) He wants to prove to Tessie that he is a strong, brave man.
5. What is the "maze" that Jimmy tells Lefty women should be "shut up in"?
(d) House work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes conflict between Jimmy and Lefty?
2. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
3. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
4. What does Lefty resolve to do after his visit to the brothel?
5. Which of the following factors complicates Tessie's relationship with Father Mike?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)