|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
(a) Lefty spies on the girls while they are in the hot tub.
(b) The girls discover their interest in water ballet.
(c) Callie discovers she is sexually attracted to girls.
(d) Callie injures Clementine.
2. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
(a) He will become a smoker and alcoholic.
(b) He will marry a village girl and will leave Desdemona alone to care for the cocoonery.
(c) He will marry an unattractive Turkish woman.
(d) He will never marry and will die alone.
3. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
(b) None. He says she is in good health.
(c) Heart disease.
4. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
(a) Her parents requested that she be transferred to a more challenging class.
(b) She has tested out of the lower level English class.
(c) Her teacher, Ms. Lampe, does not want her in her English class any longer.
(d) She wants to read the Illiad.
5. What does Callie do to try to get to know the Obscure Object better?
(a) Callie writes a note to the Object asking her to come over to Middlesex to have dinner.
(b) Callie joins the Drama Club so that she can be in the play with the Object.
(c) Callie agrees to help the girl learn her lines for their class play.
(d) Callie begins smoking because she knows that the Object is also a smoker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Desdemona hope that Tessie will marry?
2. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
3. What does Chapter Eleven do after the church service that shocks and frightens Tessie?
4. What does Desdemona admire about the women of Temple No.1?
5. What drives Desdemona and Lefty from Bithynios?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)