|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Work at the Ford factory.
(b) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
(c) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
(d) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
2. Why does Callie hide in the basement bathroom at Baker-Inglis?
(a) She likes to look at the crocuses growing outside the window in the bathroom.
(b) She feels safe and comfortable in this seldom used space.
(c) She wants to read the gossip about the other girls written on the bathroom walls.
(d) She wants to catch up on her English class reading.
3. Where does Tessie and her family wait out the riots?
(a) In Desdemona and Lefty's room in their attic.
(b) At a neighbor's home.
(c) At the Zebra Room.
(d) In Desdemona and Lefty's room in their basement.
4. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
(a) She must pledge allegiance to their religious leader, Minister Fard.
(b) She must prove that she is capable of raising silk worms.
(c) She must demonstrate that she knows how to weave silk into fabric.
(d) She must convince them that she had black ancestors.
5. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
(a) It closes.
(b) It is relocated to a new building.
(c) It is downsized.
(d) It is expanded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Desdemona hope that Milton will marry?
2. How does Callie become a first hand witness to the burning of the diner?
3. Which of the following statements best describes Lefty?
4. How does Lefty manage to keep the men in the gaming room from stealing his winnings?
5. Who is Fard Muhammad?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)