|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
(a) His dark skin.
(b) His religious beliefs.
(c) His occupation.
(d) His wealth.
2. What does Desdemona's mother say is critical for encourage silk worms to produce good silk?
(a) Soft music.
(c) A warm environment.
(d) Their caretaker's purity.
3. What role is Callie assigned in her English class production of Antigone?
4. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
(a) S/he has the brain of a boy, but was raised as a girl.
(b) S/he was studied by Dr. Luce.
(c) S/he lived as a girl but had the body of a boy.
(d) S/he went to the doctor to have a sex change operation.
5. Who is the narrator of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
2. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Calliope's birth?
3. What happens to the Zebra Room's earnings?
4. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to when they arrive in the United States?
5. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)