|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calliope do when she she is baptized?
(a) She begins crying when sprinkled with holy water.
(b) She urinates on Father Mike.
(c) She becomes unable to breathe when immersed in the baptismal font.
(d) She stops crying.
2. What does Callie do to try to get to know the Obscure Object better?
(a) Callie begins smoking because she knows that the Object is also a smoker.
(b) Callie agrees to help the girl learn her lines for their class play.
(c) Callie writes a note to the Object asking her to come over to Middlesex to have dinner.
(d) Callie joins the Drama Club so that she can be in the play with the Object.
3. What does Desdemona do following Lefty's death?
(a) She climbs into her bed and does not leave it for ten years.
(b) She moves to the Southwest with Sourmelina.
(c) She wails and throws herself on his coffin.
(d) She moves from the guest house into the main house at Middlesex.
4. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
(a) She is uncoordinated so the coach gave her a position where she would not need to move much.
(b) She is agile on her feet and able to block shots made on the goal.
(c) She is the last student to sign up for the team and goalie is the only position left open.
(d) The goalie equipment fits her better than the other girls.
5. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
(a) None. He says she is in good health.
(c) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
2. What does Callie do to convince her mother that she does not need to visit the gynecologist?
3. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
4. What happens to the Zebra Room's earnings?
5. Who does the Object develop a crush on that upsets Callie?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)