|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) His family was killed by the Turks.
(b) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
(c) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
(d) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
2. What does Uncle Pete encourage Tessie and Milton to do to ensure their baby will be a girl?
(a) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours before she ovulates.
(b) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours after she ovulates.
(c) Go to church and pray that they will have a baby girl.
(d) Use in-vitro fertilization.
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Tessie and Milton feed their family only traditional Greek foods?
(a) Mediterranean food has health benefits that help longevity.
(b) Desdemona prefers Greek food.
(c) Greek food is easier to digest than American food.
(d) Tessie and Milton only know how to cook Greek foods.
4. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to when they arrive in the United States?
(b) Grosse Pointe.
(c) New York City.
(d) New Smyrna.
5. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
(a) Callie discovers she is sexually attracted to girls.
(b) The girls discover their interest in water ballet.
(c) Callie injures Clementine.
(d) Lefty spies on the girls while they are in the hot tub.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lefty communicate with Calliope?
2. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
3. What does Callie do to convince her mother that she does not need to visit the gynecologist?
4. What happens to the Zebra Room in this chapter?
5. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)