|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first luxury Milton purchases with the insurance money?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) The first Hercules Hot Dog stand.
(c) Plane tickets to Turkey.
(d) A new home in Grosse Pointe.
2. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
(c) The Minotaur.
(d) King Lear.
3. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
(a) He will become a smoker and alcoholic.
(b) He will never marry and will die alone.
(c) He will marry a village girl and will leave Desdemona alone to care for the cocoonery.
(d) He will marry an unattractive Turkish woman.
4. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
(a) She does not want her brother, Jerome to seduce Callie.
(b) She feels like her relationship with Callie is becoming too weird.
(c) She wants to have a chance to spend more time with Rex.
(d) She is concerned about Callie's romantic advances towards her.
5. What does Lefty resolve to do after his visit to the brothel?
(a) Tell Desdemona of his feelings for her.
(b) Attend the local Greek church more often.
(c) Marry a village girl and start a family.
(d) Leave Bithynios to immigrate to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns Milton about Lefty's business practices at the Zebra Room?
2. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
3. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
4. What is unique about Calliope's fifth chromosome?
5. How does Lefty communicate with Calliope?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)