|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
(a) They have very different interests. Lefty likes the modern, city life while Desdemona is more traditional.
(b) They live alone in their family home after their parents die.
(c) They are sexually attracted to each other even though they are brother and sister.
(d) They are pretending to be brother and sister, but are actually involved in a romantic relationship.
2. What reason does Lefty give Desdemona for his trip into town?
(a) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(b) To visit a local bar and brothel.
(c) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
(d) To shop for groceries at the market.
3. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
(a) She must pledge allegiance to their religious leader, Minister Fard.
(b) She must demonstrate that she knows how to weave silk into fabric.
(c) She must prove that she is capable of raising silk worms.
(d) She must convince them that she had black ancestors.
4. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
(a) The Complete Works of Socrates.
(b) Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.
(c) The Prince by Machiavelli.
(d) The Republic by Plato.
5. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
(a) Because he will be exempt from drills while taking the test.
(b) Because he wants to be relocated closer to Tessie.
(c) Because he has dreamed of becoming a Navy officer.
(d) Because he believes that being accepted into Annapolis will make Tessie proud of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Callie's physical development compare to that of the other girls in her sixth grade class?
2. What artistic medium does Julie Kikuchi work with?
3. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
4. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
5. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)