|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Lefty give Desdemona for his trip into town?
(a) To shop for groceries at the market.
(b) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(c) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
(d) To visit a local bar and brothel.
2. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
(a) Silkworm eggs.
(b) Silkworm cocoons.
(c) A silver spoon.
3. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
(c) None. He says she is in good health.
(d) Heart disease.
4. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
(a) He solicits women to pose for pornographic photos taken by his friend Maurice.
(b) He serves as a driver for his friend Maurice during the day.
(c) He rents a room in the family's home to a customer from the Zebra Room.
(d) He extends the operating hours of the Zebra Room.
5. Why does Milton decide to enlist in the Navy?
(a) He is fiercely patriotic and wants to fight to protect America.
(b) He wants to escape taking over the Zebra Room as a career.
(c) He is heartbroken when Tessie becomes engaged to Mike Antoniou.
(d) He wants to prove to Tessie that he is a strong, brave man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
3. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
4. What artistic medium does Julie Kikuchi work with?
5. What does Callie witness late one night that foreshadows the violent turn that the riots will take?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)