|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
(a) Sourmelina does not know that Lefty and Desdemona are siblings.
(b) Lefty and Desdemona pay Sourmelina a fee for her silence.
(c) Lefty and Desdemona threaten Sourmelina.
(d) Sourmelina has her own secret: she is a lesbian.
2. How does Milton seduce Tessie?
(a) By playing her favorite songs on her clarinet.
(b) By playing his clarinet against her skin.
(c) By complimenting her baking skills.
(d) By joining the Navy.
3. Why does Jimmy Zismo need to smuggle alcohol into the U.S. from Canada?
(a) The liquor that he imports is not available in the U.S.
(b) It is the Prohibition and alcohol was extremely expensive in the U.S.
(c) It is the Prohibition. Distilling and selling liquor is illegal in the U.S.
(d) He doesn't want to have to pay high tariff fees by bringing the liquor over the border.
4. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
(a) S/he has the brain of a boy, but was raised as a girl.
(b) S/he was studied by Dr. Luce.
(c) S/he went to the doctor to have a sex change operation.
(d) S/he lived as a girl but had the body of a boy.
5. What is the only article of modern technology does the superstitious and traditional Desdemona embraces?
(a) The vacuum cleaner.
(b) The television.
(c) The automobile.
(d) The record player (hi-fi).
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Watson?
2. Who is Fard Muhammad?
3. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
4. Where do Callie and the Object spend most of their days in the summer?
5. Where does Milton announce he wants the family to travel to?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)