|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
(a) Because of his loud voice.
(b) Because they do not believe he can afford the mortgage.
(c) Because of the way he dresses.
(d) Because of his Greek background.
2. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
(a) Meg Zemka.
(d) Callie's support.
3. How does Lefty communicate with Calliope?
(a) By writing on his chalkboard.
(b) By making faces.
(c) Using sign language.
(d) By speaking.
4. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
(a) To visit a local bar and brothel.
(b) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
(c) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(d) To shop for groceries at the market.
5. What does Callie attribute the changes in Chapter Eleven to?
(a) Milton's conservative views.
(b) His girlfriend, Meg.
(c) The military draft.
(d) His liberal arts education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
2. Who is the narrator of the story?
3. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
4. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
5. What is the English translation of "ex ovo omnia"?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)