|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
(a) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(b) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
(c) To shop for groceries at the market.
(d) To visit a local bar and brothel.
2. What does Callie witness late one night that foreshadows the violent turn that the riots will take?
(a) Milton loading a pistol with bullets.
(b) A tank rolling down the street.
(c) President Johnson announcing on t.v. that he is sending federal troops into Detroit.
(d) News footage of the number of deaths, injuries and fires caused during the riots.
3. What does Desdemona keep in the silkworm box to predict the sex of a baby?
(a) A silkworm cocoon.
(b) The rope wedding crowns.
(c) A silver spoon.
(d) Her hair braids.
4. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
(c) Heart disease.
(d) None. He says she is in good health.
5. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
(a) The unremarkable, dull group of girls at Baker-Inglis.
(b) The athletic girls at Baker-Inglis.
(c) The ethnic girls at Baker-Inglis.
(d) The popular and wealthy group of girls at Baker-Inglis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
2. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
3. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
4. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
5. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)