|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
(a) Because she has contracted an illness from the silk workers
(b) To ask him to sterilize her so she will not be able to have more children.
(c) To determine whether or not she is pregnant
(d) To have a physical examination
2. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
(a) He eats only traditional Greek foods for lunch.
(b) He brags about his well-to-do brother in law.
(c) He takes English classes at the Ford language school.
(d) He speeds up his work which forces the other workers to have to work more quickly.
3. What medical fact does Dr. Philobosian share with Desdemona that makes her worry about her pregnancy?
(a) The baby will take on the traits of whatever picture a woman is looking at when the baby is conceived.
(b) Babies must be baptized while they are still in the womb.
(c) Women must take folic acid to prevent birth defects.
(d) Birth defects in babies usually only occur when families intermarry.
4. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
(a) Desdemona does not give him enough cocoons to sell.
(b) The merchants are poor and are unable to pay much for the silk.
(c) The silk is of poor quality and can only be used to make organzine.
(d) He brings the cocoons to market too late in the day.
5. Who is Mrs. Watson?
(a) Lefty's mistress.
(b) Milton and Tessie's neighbor.
(c) Sourmelina's lover.
(d) A customer at the Zebra Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes Uncle Pete?
2. What helps narrator feel more masculine?
3. What is the only article of modern technology does the superstitious and traditional Desdemona embraces?
4. What does Desdemona's mother say is critical for encourage silk worms to produce good silk?
5. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to in this chapter?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)