|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
(a) She will attend church on a daily basis.
(b) She will send Milton to Bithynios to repair the town's church.
(c) She will donate a large portion of her earnings to the church.
(d) She will confess to her children that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
2. Which of the following statements best describes Uncle Pete?
(a) An intellectual chiropractor.
(b) A self-made business man.
(c) A sweet natured priest.
(d) A superstitious old man.
3. Why is Lefty fired from the Ford automobile company?
(a) He refuses to wear traditional Greek dress in the Ford English School pageant.
(b) He does not pass his English language exam.
(c) He is living with a man who has a criminal record (Jimmy Zismo).
(d) His work is sloppy and inaccurate.
4. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
(a) Because he has dreamed of becoming a Navy officer.
(b) Because he believes that being accepted into Annapolis will make Tessie proud of him.
(c) Because he will be exempt from drills while taking the test.
(d) Because he wants to be relocated closer to Tessie.
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Callie is concerned about her upcoming appointment with Dr. Bauer?
(a) The Object tells Callie that Dr. Bauer is perverted.
(b) Callie is concerned that he will be able to tell that she is sexually attracted to girls.
(c) The Object tells Callie that the exam is painful.
(d) He is a gynecologist and she knows that her genitals are different than other girls'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical fact does Dr. Philobosian share with Desdemona that makes her worry about her pregnancy?
2. How does Callie become a first hand witness to the burning of the diner?
3. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
4. How does Milton seduce Tessie?
5. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)