|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
(a) Her long, thick hair.
(b) The lowering of her voice.
(c) Her height.
2. What does Calliope do when she she is baptized?
(a) She stops crying.
(b) She becomes unable to breathe when immersed in the baptismal font.
(c) She begins crying when sprinkled with holy water.
(d) She urinates on Father Mike.
3. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
(a) He hopes to run for political office in the future.
(b) He is 18 and now eligible to be drafted into the military.
(c) He plans to study political science at the University of Michigan.
(d) He is interested in and identifies with President Nixon.
4. Why does Milton decide to enlist in the Navy?
(a) He wants to escape taking over the Zebra Room as a career.
(b) He wants to prove to Tessie that he is a strong, brave man.
(c) He is fiercely patriotic and wants to fight to protect America.
(d) He is heartbroken when Tessie becomes engaged to Mike Antoniou.
5. To what religious faith does Stephanides family belong?
(a) Greek Orthodox Church.
(b) The Church of Islam.
(c) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Presbyterian Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only article of modern technology does the superstitious and traditional Desdemona embraces?
2. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
3. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
4. What commentary on beauty does Julie Kikuchi make in this chapter?
5. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)