|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
(a) There is racial conflict between black and whites.
(b) The federal government has taken over control of the city.
(c) Poor economics have forced several local businesses to close.
(d) There is racial harmony between blacks and whites.
2. Who does Desdemona hope that Tessie will marry?
(a) Milton Stephanides.
(b) Mike Antoniou.
(c) Gus Vasilakis.
(d) Dr. Philobosian.
3. What does the narrator say his purpose for telling this story?
(a) To share his family history.
(b) To explain why he is the way he is.
(c) To record the history of his genetic anomaly.
(d) To convince the reader to accept him.
4. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
(b) Her long, thick hair.
(c) Her height.
(d) The lowering of her voice.
5. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
(a) Money to bribe the Turkish soldiers.
(b) A successful medical practice.
(c) A letter certifying that he treated the Greek military leader.
(d) A letter certifying that he treated the Turkish military leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calliope do when she she is baptized?
2. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
3. Who does Zoe end up marrying?
4. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
5. What is the English translation of "ex ovo omnia"?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)