|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What artistic medium does Julie Kikuchi work with?
2. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
(a) King Lear.
(b) The Minotaur.
3. What does Chapter Eleven do after the church service that shocks and frightens Tessie?
(a) He climbs up on a chair in the reception room.
(b) He shouts obscenities in the church.
(c) He spills hot coffee on a little girl.
(d) He brings a dead bird into to show Father Mike.
4. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
(a) A Bible passage forbidding incest.
(b) A Bible passage about eunuchs.
(c) Passages from the Greek Bible.
(d) English phrases.
5. What medical fact does Dr. Philobosian share with Desdemona that makes her worry about her pregnancy?
(a) Birth defects in babies usually only occur when families intermarry.
(b) Women must take folic acid to prevent birth defects.
(c) The baby will take on the traits of whatever picture a woman is looking at when the baby is conceived.
(d) Babies must be baptized while they are still in the womb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
2. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Calliope's birth?
3. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
4. What commentary on beauty does Julie Kikuchi make in this chapter?
5. What mistake does Dr. Philobosian make when the narrator is born?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)