|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
(a) Heart disease.
(b) None. He says she is in good health.
2. Who is Mr. da Silva?
(a) Callie's teacher and love interest.
(b) Callie's drama club advisor.
(c) Callie's high school English teacher.
(d) Callie's eighth grade honors English teacher.
3. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
(a) He will marry an unattractive Turkish woman.
(b) He will become a smoker and alcoholic.
(c) He will never marry and will die alone.
(d) He will marry a village girl and will leave Desdemona alone to care for the cocoonery.
4. What role is Callie assigned in her English class production of Antigone?
5. What concerns Milton about Lefty's business practices at the Zebra Room?
(a) Milton worries that the Zebra Room will be broken into because it is in a bad neighborhood.
(b) Milton believes it is immoral for Lefty to sell alcohol in the Zebra Room.
(c) Milton is concerned about Lefty's dealings with bootleggers.
(d) Milton does not understand why Lefty is paying for three insurance policies on the building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
2. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
3. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
4. What is unique about Calliope's fifth chromosome?
5. To what religious faith does Stephanides family belong?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)