|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
(a) She has tested out of the lower level English class.
(b) She wants to read the Illiad.
(c) Her parents requested that she be transferred to a more challenging class.
(d) Her teacher, Ms. Lampe, does not want her in her English class any longer.
2. Why does Callie hide in the basement bathroom at Baker-Inglis?
(a) She feels safe and comfortable in this seldom used space.
(b) She wants to catch up on her English class reading.
(c) She wants to read the gossip about the other girls written on the bathroom walls.
(d) She likes to look at the crocuses growing outside the window in the bathroom.
3. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
(a) Her long, thick hair.
(b) The lowering of her voice.
(c) Her height.
4. Where do Callie and the Object spend most of their days in the summer?
(a) At the Object's family's summer home.
(b) The Grosse Pointe Club swimming pool.
(c) At Callie's house.
(d) At the Object's house.
5. What tragic event occurs on the same day as Calliope's birth?
(a) Her grandfather has his first stroke.
(b) Callie's parents discover she has a rare genetic disorder.
(c) The Korean War begins.
(d) Her grandfather dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical condition does Dr. Philobosian diagnose Desdemona with?
2. Who is Fard Muhammad?
3. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
4. What happens to the Zebra Room in this chapter?
5. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)