|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role is Callie assigned in her English class production of Antigone?
2. Who is the narrator of the story?
3. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
(a) They do not need a sponsor to enter the U.S.
(b) Their friend, Dr. Philobosian.
(c) Captain Kontoulis.
(d) Their cousin, Sourmelina.
4. What is Callie's initial impression of the Obscure Object?
(a) She hardly notices the new girl in her English class because she is so absorbed in The Illiad.
(b) She is put off by her disinterested attitude.
(c) She is awed by her natural beauty especially her freckles.
(d) She falls deeply in love with her.
5. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
(b) Silkworm eggs.
(c) A silver spoon.
(d) Silkworm cocoons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
2. Which of the following statements best describes Uncle Pete?
3. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
4. What does Chapter Eleven believe gives him the ability to finally beat his father at ping-pong?
5. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)