|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Tiresias In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Callie's initial impression of the Obscure Object?
(a) She is awed by her natural beauty especially her freckles.
(b) She falls deeply in love with her.
(c) She is put off by her disinterested attitude.
(d) She hardly notices the new girl in her English class because she is so absorbed in The Illiad.
2. Why does Milton decide to enlist in the Navy?
(a) He is heartbroken when Tessie becomes engaged to Mike Antoniou.
(b) He is fiercely patriotic and wants to fight to protect America.
(c) He wants to prove to Tessie that he is a strong, brave man.
(d) He wants to escape taking over the Zebra Room as a career.
3. Which of the following statements best describes Lefty?
(a) A cruel, abusive alcoholic.
(b) A modern man in a traditional town.
(c) A traditional man in a modern town.
(d) A jazz loving gangster.
4. How does Lefty manage to keep the men in the gaming room from stealing his winnings?
(a) He hides them in his sock.
(b) He flees from the gaming room and hides.
(c) He fights the men and wins.
(d) He loses them all in subsequent games.
5. What happens to the Zebra Room's earnings?
(a) The Zebra Room earns little money because it is located in a poor neighborhood.
(b) They are stolen when the Zebra Room is burglarized.
(c) Lefty loses them by gambling instead of depositing them into the bank.
(d) Milton uses the money to expand the operation by opening a series of hot dog stands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
2. How does Callie's physical development compare to that of the other girls in her sixth grade class?
3. Why is the Obscure Object transferred to Mr. da Silva's class?
4. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
5. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)