|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Home Movies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
(a) Unproductive silkworms.
(b) Grief over the deaths of her parents.
(c) A rare genetic disorder.
(d) Stress over the Greek occupation of Turkey.
2. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
(b) The Minotaur.
(c) King Lear.
3. What happens to the Zebra Room in this chapter?
(a) Lefty is forced to close the business because of Desdemona's disapproval.
(b) Lefty sells the Zebra Room to a new owner.
(c) Lefty relocates and expands the business.
(d) Lefty is forced to close the business because it is no longer profitable.
4. What is the "maze" that Jimmy tells Lefty women should be "shut up in"?
(b) House work.
5. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
(a) He brags about his well-to-do brother in law.
(b) He speeds up his work which forces the other workers to have to work more quickly.
(c) He takes English classes at the Ford language school.
(d) He eats only traditional Greek foods for lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
2. What commentary on beauty does Julie Kikuchi make in this chapter?
3. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
4. What causes conflict between Jimmy and Lefty?
5. How does Lefty communicate with Calliope?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)