|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Home Movies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jimmy on Lefty's and his last trip out to the lake?
(a) The Packard breaks through the ice and sinks below the surface with Jimmy inside.
(b) Jimmy crashes the Packard into a telephone pole.
(c) He and Lefty fight and Jimmy is hurt.
(d) He is caught by the police for bootlegging.
2. Why is Lefty fired from the Ford automobile company?
(a) He is living with a man who has a criminal record (Jimmy Zismo).
(b) His work is sloppy and inaccurate.
(c) He does not pass his English language exam.
(d) He refuses to wear traditional Greek dress in the Ford English School pageant.
3. What does the narrator say his purpose for telling this story?
(a) To record the history of his genetic anomaly.
(b) To share his family history.
(c) To convince the reader to accept him.
(d) To explain why he is the way he is.
4. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
(a) A rare genetic disorder.
(b) Unproductive silkworms.
(c) Stress over the Greek occupation of Turkey.
(d) Grief over the deaths of her parents.
5. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
(a) A Bible passage about eunuchs.
(b) English phrases.
(c) Passages from the Greek Bible.
(d) A Bible passage forbidding incest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
2. What commentary on beauty does Julie Kikuchi make in this chapter?
3. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
4. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
5. What drives Desdemona and Lefty from Bithynios?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)