|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Home Movies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps narrator feel more masculine?
(a) A checked shirt.
(c) Using urinals in the men's bathroom.
(d) His full head of hair.
2. What does Desdemona keep in the silkworm box to predict the sex of a baby?
(a) Her hair braids.
(b) A silver spoon.
(c) The rope wedding crowns.
(d) A silkworm cocoon.
3. What does the narrator say his purpose for telling this story?
(a) To explain why he is the way he is.
(b) To convince the reader to accept him.
(c) To record the history of his genetic anomaly.
(d) To share his family history.
4. Why is Lefty fired from the Ford automobile company?
(a) He refuses to wear traditional Greek dress in the Ford English School pageant.
(b) He does not pass his English language exam.
(c) His work is sloppy and inaccurate.
(d) He is living with a man who has a criminal record (Jimmy Zismo).
5. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
(a) Money to bribe the Turkish soldiers.
(b) A letter certifying that he treated the Turkish military leader.
(c) A letter certifying that he treated the Greek military leader.
(d) A successful medical practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona admire about the women of Temple No.1?
2. What happens to the Zebra Room's earnings?
3. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
4. What causes conflict between Jimmy and Lefty?
5. How does Lefty manage to keep the men in the gaming room from stealing his winnings?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)