|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Home Movies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
(a) A corset.
(b) A baby blanket.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) An olive wood silkworm box.
2. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
(a) A letter certifying that he treated the Turkish military leader.
(b) A letter certifying that he treated the Greek military leader.
(c) A successful medical practice.
(d) Money to bribe the Turkish soldiers.
3. What happens to Jimmy on Lefty's and his last trip out to the lake?
(a) The Packard breaks through the ice and sinks below the surface with Jimmy inside.
(b) He and Lefty fight and Jimmy is hurt.
(c) He is caught by the police for bootlegging.
(d) Jimmy crashes the Packard into a telephone pole.
4. How is Lefty able to get he and Desdemona out of the burning city of Smyrna?
(a) He hitchikes from the city into the mountains.
(b) He asks Dr. Philobosian to allow them to hide in his home.
(c) He buys tickets on boat bound for Greece.
(d) He pretends they are French citizens in order to gain passage on a departing boat.
5. What does Uncle Pete encourage Tessie and Milton to do to ensure their baby will be a girl?
(a) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours after she ovulates.
(b) Use in-vitro fertilization.
(c) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours before she ovulates.
(d) Go to church and pray that they will have a baby girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona do to help make the village girls more attractive to Lefty?
2. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
3. What mistake does Dr. Philobosian make when the narrator is born?
4. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
5. What does Lefty resolve to do after his visit to the brothel?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)