|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Home Movies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What commentary on beauty does Julie Kikuchi make in this chapter?
(a) Gender has no bearing on beauty.
(b) Beauty is only skin deep.
(c) Beauty is always freakish.
(d) True beauty comes from inside a person.
2. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to in this chapter?
(c) Grosse Pointe.
(d) Milton and Tessie's home in Indian Village.
3. Why does Jimmy Zismo need to smuggle alcohol into the U.S. from Canada?
(a) It is the Prohibition. Distilling and selling liquor is illegal in the U.S.
(b) The liquor that he imports is not available in the U.S.
(c) He doesn't want to have to pay high tariff fees by bringing the liquor over the border.
(d) It is the Prohibition and alcohol was extremely expensive in the U.S.
4. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(b) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(c) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(d) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
5. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
(a) They have chance meetings on the deck pretending to be getting to know each other for the first time.
(b) They consummate their marriage in the life boat.
(c) They board the ship separately.
(d) They discuss their family tree as if they are learning it for the first time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
2. How do Lefty's and Dr. Philobosian's paths cross?
3. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
4. Who is Mrs. Watson?
5. What does Desdemona keep in the silkworm box to predict the sex of a baby?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)