|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Home Movies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Lefty give Desdemona for his trip into town?
(a) To visit a local bar and brothel.
(b) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(c) To shop for groceries at the market.
(d) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
2. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
(a) It closes.
(b) It is expanded.
(c) It is relocated to a new building.
(d) It is downsized.
3. What medical fact does Dr. Philobosian share with Desdemona that makes her worry about her pregnancy?
(a) Babies must be baptized while they are still in the womb.
(b) Birth defects in babies usually only occur when families intermarry.
(c) The baby will take on the traits of whatever picture a woman is looking at when the baby is conceived.
(d) Women must take folic acid to prevent birth defects.
4. What concerns Milton about Lefty's business practices at the Zebra Room?
(a) Milton worries that the Zebra Room will be broken into because it is in a bad neighborhood.
(b) Milton does not understand why Lefty is paying for three insurance policies on the building.
(c) Milton is concerned about Lefty's dealings with bootleggers.
(d) Milton believes it is immoral for Lefty to sell alcohol in the Zebra Room.
5. Who is Mrs. Watson?
(a) Lefty's mistress.
(b) Sourmelina's lover.
(c) Milton and Tessie's neighbor.
(d) A customer at the Zebra Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
2. Who does Desdemona hope that Milton will marry?
3. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to in this chapter?
4. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Calliope's birth?
5. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)