|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Home Movies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Pete encourage Tessie and Milton to do to ensure their baby will be a girl?
(a) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours before she ovulates.
(b) Go to church and pray that they will have a baby girl.
(c) Use in-vitro fertilization.
(d) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours after she ovulates.
2. What causes conflict between Jimmy and Lefty?
(a) Lefty suspects Jimmy of cheating on Sourmelina.
(b) Jimmy believes that Lefty has stolen money from him.
(c) Jimmy suspects that Lefty is actually the father of Sourmelina's baby.
(d) Jimmy drives the Packard too quickly over the lake and frightens Lefty.
3. How does Lefty manage to keep the men in the gaming room from stealing his winnings?
(a) He fights the men and wins.
(b) He hides them in his sock.
(c) He flees from the gaming room and hides.
(d) He loses them all in subsequent games.
4. How does Lefty communicate with Calliope?
(a) By writing on his chalkboard.
(b) By making faces.
(c) Using sign language.
(d) By speaking.
5. What does the narrator say his purpose for telling this story?
(a) To share his family history.
(b) To convince the reader to accept him.
(c) To record the history of his genetic anomaly.
(d) To explain why he is the way he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the story?
2. Why does Milton decide to enlist in the Navy?
3. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
4. What happens to the Zebra Room's earnings?
5. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)