|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Home Movies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
(a) It is downsized.
(b) It closes.
(c) It is relocated to a new building.
(d) It is expanded.
2. What reason does Lefty give Desdemona for his trip into town?
(a) To shop for groceries at the market.
(b) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(c) To visit a local bar and brothel.
(d) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
3. Why doesn't Milton want Calliope to talk to Marius Grimes?
(a) Because Milton believes Marius is homeless.
(b) Because he does not speak English.
(c) Because of his race.
(d) Because he uses vulgar language.
4. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
(b) Have another child.
(c) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(d) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
5. Why is Lefty fired from the Ford automobile company?
(a) His work is sloppy and inaccurate.
(b) He refuses to wear traditional Greek dress in the Ford English School pageant.
(c) He is living with a man who has a criminal record (Jimmy Zismo).
(d) He does not pass his English language exam.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lefty communicate with Calliope?
2. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to in this chapter?
3. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
4. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to when they arrive in the United States?
5. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)