|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Home Movies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
(a) He will marry a village girl and will leave Desdemona alone to care for the cocoonery.
(b) He will never marry and will die alone.
(c) He will become a smoker and alcoholic.
(d) He will marry an unattractive Turkish woman.
2. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
(a) S/he has the brain of a boy, but was raised as a girl.
(b) S/he went to the doctor to have a sex change operation.
(c) S/he was studied by Dr. Luce.
(d) S/he lived as a girl but had the body of a boy.
3. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
(b) King Lear.
(c) The Minotaur.
4. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
(a) Tool and dye manufacturing.
(b) Cigar rolling.
(d) Raising silkworms and weaving silk fabric.
5. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
(a) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a girl, but it is born a boy.
(b) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a boy, but it is born a girl.
(c) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a boy and it is a boy.
(d) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a girl and it is a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Milton decide to enlist in the Navy?
2. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
3. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
4. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
5. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)