|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Home Movies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes Lefty?
(a) A traditional man in a modern town.
(b) A modern man in a traditional town.
(c) A jazz loving gangster.
(d) A cruel, abusive alcoholic.
2. What causes conflict between Jimmy and Lefty?
(a) Jimmy suspects that Lefty is actually the father of Sourmelina's baby.
(b) Jimmy believes that Lefty has stolen money from him.
(c) Lefty suspects Jimmy of cheating on Sourmelina.
(d) Jimmy drives the Packard too quickly over the lake and frightens Lefty.
3. What does Chapter Eleven do after the church service that shocks and frightens Tessie?
(a) He climbs up on a chair in the reception room.
(b) He shouts obscenities in the church.
(c) He brings a dead bird into to show Father Mike.
(d) He spills hot coffee on a little girl.
4. Who does Desdemona hope that Milton will marry?
(a) Tessie Zismo.
(b) Gaia Vasilakis.
(c) Julie Kikuchi.
(d) Zoe Stephanides.
5. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
(a) He solicits women to pose for pornographic photos taken by his friend Maurice.
(b) He serves as a driver for his friend Maurice during the day.
(c) He rents a room in the family's home to a customer from the Zebra Room.
(d) He extends the operating hours of the Zebra Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only article of modern technology does the superstitious and traditional Desdemona embraces?
2. What tragic event occurs on the same day as Calliope's birth?
3. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
4. What helps narrator feel more masculine?
5. What is the English translation of "ex ovo omnia"?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)