|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Home Movies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about the fact that Milton decides to join the Navy instead of the Army?
(a) Milton his afraid of boats.
(b) Milton cannot swim.
(c) Desdemona fears for Milton's life because he will be going into war.
(d) His father was a soldier in the Greek Army.
2. Who is Mrs. Watson?
(a) Milton and Tessie's neighbor.
(b) Lefty's mistress.
(c) Sourmelina's lover.
(d) A customer at the Zebra Room.
3. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
(a) She will confess to her children that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(b) She will donate a large portion of her earnings to the church.
(c) She will attend church on a daily basis.
(d) She will send Milton to Bithynios to repair the town's church.
4. What happens to Jimmy on Lefty's and his last trip out to the lake?
(a) Jimmy crashes the Packard into a telephone pole.
(b) He and Lefty fight and Jimmy is hurt.
(c) The Packard breaks through the ice and sinks below the surface with Jimmy inside.
(d) He is caught by the police for bootlegging.
5. Which of the following statements best describes Lefty?
(a) A modern man in a traditional town.
(b) A traditional man in a modern town.
(c) A cruel, abusive alcoholic.
(d) A jazz loving gangster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
2. How is Lefty able to get he and Desdemona out of the burning city of Smyrna?
3. How does Lefty manage to keep the men in the gaming room from stealing his winnings?
4. What does Desdemona admire about the women of Temple No.1?
5. Who is the narrator of the story?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)