|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Home Movies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lefty manage to keep the men in the gaming room from stealing his winnings?
(a) He fights the men and wins.
(b) He loses them all in subsequent games.
(c) He hides them in his sock.
(d) He flees from the gaming room and hides.
2. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
(a) The Minotaur.
(d) King Lear.
3. What tragic event occurs on the same day as Calliope's birth?
(a) Her grandfather has his first stroke.
(b) Callie's parents discover she has a rare genetic disorder.
(c) Her grandfather dies.
(d) The Korean War begins.
4. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
(a) A corset.
(b) An olive wood silkworm box.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A baby blanket.
5. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
(a) They wanted her to find fame and fortune in America.
(b) They could not find a man to marry her in Bithynios.
(c) They could not afford to support an unmarried daughter.
(d) She was caught in a scandalous affair with a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona admire about the women of Temple No.1?
2. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
3. What does Calliope do when she she is baptized?
4. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
5. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)