|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, News of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
(a) He believes that it is frivolous to attend movies while the war is going on.
(b) He is glad that she has found something that she enjoys to fill her time while he is away.
(c) He is concerned that movie going will interfere with her volunteer duties.
(d) He thinks that movies are immoral.
2. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
(a) A successful medical practice.
(b) Money to bribe the Turkish soldiers.
(c) A letter certifying that he treated the Turkish military leader.
(d) A letter certifying that he treated the Greek military leader.
3. How do Lefty's and Dr. Philobosian's paths cross?
(a) They are both are fleeing Turkey.
(b) The doctor offers Lefty money and medical treatment while he is in Smyrna.
(c) They meet and strike up a conversation at a bakery in Smyrna.
(d) They are both digging through garbage bins looking for food.
4. What happens to Jimmy on Lefty's and his last trip out to the lake?
(a) He is caught by the police for bootlegging.
(b) Jimmy crashes the Packard into a telephone pole.
(c) He and Lefty fight and Jimmy is hurt.
(d) The Packard breaks through the ice and sinks below the surface with Jimmy inside.
5. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
(a) It closes.
(b) It is relocated to a new building.
(c) It is downsized.
(d) It is expanded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
2. What causes conflict between Jimmy and Lefty?
3. Who does Desdemona over hear through the heating vents in the Silk Room of the Temple No. 1?
4. Which of the following factors complicates Tessie's relationship with Father Mike?
5. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)