|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, News of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jimmy on Lefty's and his last trip out to the lake?
(a) The Packard breaks through the ice and sinks below the surface with Jimmy inside.
(b) Jimmy crashes the Packard into a telephone pole.
(c) He and Lefty fight and Jimmy is hurt.
(d) He is caught by the police for bootlegging.
2. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
(a) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a girl and it is a girl.
(b) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a boy, but it is born a girl.
(c) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a girl, but it is born a boy.
(d) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a boy and it is a boy.
3. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
(a) Captain Kontoulis.
(b) No one, they are not married until they reach America.
(c) Dr. Philobosian.
(d) A priest traveling on the Giulia.
4. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
(a) Because he has dreamed of becoming a Navy officer.
(b) Because he wants to be relocated closer to Tessie.
(c) Because he will be exempt from drills while taking the test.
(d) Because he believes that being accepted into Annapolis will make Tessie proud of him.
5. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Calliope's birth?
(a) Predict a child's sex.
(b) Speak to Tessie.
(c) Leave her ill husband alone.
(d) Attend church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
2. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
3. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
4. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
5. What medical fact does Dr. Philobosian share with Desdemona that makes her worry about her pregnancy?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)