|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, News of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
(a) To determine whether or not she is pregnant
(b) To have a physical examination
(c) Because she has contracted an illness from the silk workers
(d) To ask him to sterilize her so she will not be able to have more children.
2. Who is the narrator of the story?
3. What does Lefty resolve to do after his visit to the brothel?
(a) Marry a village girl and start a family.
(b) Leave Bithynios to immigrate to America.
(c) Tell Desdemona of his feelings for her.
(d) Attend the local Greek church more often.
4. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
(a) A silver spoon.
(b) Silkworm eggs.
(d) Silkworm cocoons.
5. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
(a) He eats only traditional Greek foods for lunch.
(b) He speeds up his work which forces the other workers to have to work more quickly.
(c) He takes English classes at the Ford language school.
(d) He brags about his well-to-do brother in law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
2. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
3. To what religious faith does Stephanides family belong?
4. What artistic medium does Julie Kikuchi work with?
5. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)