|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, News of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
(a) It is downsized.
(b) It is relocated to a new building.
(c) It is expanded.
(d) It closes.
2. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
(a) Passages from the Greek Bible.
(b) A Bible passage forbidding incest.
(c) A Bible passage about eunuchs.
(d) English phrases.
3. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
(a) She was caught in a scandalous affair with a woman.
(b) They could not find a man to marry her in Bithynios.
(c) They wanted her to find fame and fortune in America.
(d) They could not afford to support an unmarried daughter.
4. Who is the narrator of the story?
5. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
(a) To determine whether or not she is pregnant
(b) To have a physical examination
(c) To ask him to sterilize her so she will not be able to have more children.
(d) Because she has contracted an illness from the silk workers
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
2. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
3. How do Lefty's and Dr. Philobosian's paths cross?
4. What happens to Jimmy on Lefty's and his last trip out to the lake?
5. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)