|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, News of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what religious faith does Stephanides family belong?
(a) The Presbyterian Church.
(b) Greek Orthodox Church.
(c) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Church of Islam.
2. How does Lefty manage to keep the men in the gaming room from stealing his winnings?
(a) He loses them all in subsequent games.
(b) He flees from the gaming room and hides.
(c) He hides them in his sock.
(d) He fights the men and wins.
3. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
(a) A rare genetic disorder.
(b) Grief over the deaths of her parents.
(c) Stress over the Greek occupation of Turkey.
(d) Unproductive silkworms.
4. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
(a) He rents a room in the family's home to a customer from the Zebra Room.
(b) He solicits women to pose for pornographic photos taken by his friend Maurice.
(c) He serves as a driver for his friend Maurice during the day.
(d) He extends the operating hours of the Zebra Room.
5. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
(a) Captain Kontoulis.
(b) No one, they are not married until they reach America.
(c) Dr. Philobosian.
(d) A priest traveling on the Giulia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
2. Who does Desdemona over hear through the heating vents in the Silk Room of the Temple No. 1?
3. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
4. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
5. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)