|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, News of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
(b) Work at the Ford factory.
(c) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
(d) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
2. Who is Fard Muhammad?
(a) Elijah Poole.
(b) Dr. Philobosian.
(c) Jimmy Zismo.
(d) Maurice Plantagenet.
3. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
(a) Raising silkworms and weaving silk fabric.
(b) Tool and dye manufacturing.
(c) Cigar rolling.
4. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
(a) She must prove that she is capable of raising silk worms.
(b) She must pledge allegiance to their religious leader, Minister Fard.
(c) She must demonstrate that she knows how to weave silk into fabric.
(d) She must convince them that she had black ancestors.
5. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
(a) Money to bribe the Turkish soldiers.
(b) A successful medical practice.
(c) A letter certifying that he treated the Turkish military leader.
(d) A letter certifying that he treated the Greek military leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
2. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
3. Who does Desdemona hope that Tessie will marry?
4. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
5. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)