|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, News of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona admire about the women of Temple No.1?
(a) Their modesty.
(b) Their ability to create beautiful silk fabric.
(c) Their religious devotion.
(d) Their work ethic.
2. Who does Desdemona hope that Tessie will marry?
(a) Dr. Philobosian.
(b) Gus Vasilakis.
(c) Milton Stephanides.
(d) Mike Antoniou.
3. To what religious faith does Stephanides family belong?
(a) The Presbyterian Church.
(b) Greek Orthodox Church.
(c) The Church of Islam.
(d) The Roman Catholic Church.
4. What does Lefty resolve to do after his visit to the brothel?
(a) Attend the local Greek church more often.
(b) Leave Bithynios to immigrate to America.
(c) Tell Desdemona of his feelings for her.
(d) Marry a village girl and start a family.
5. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
(a) They could not find a man to marry her in Bithynios.
(b) They could not afford to support an unmarried daughter.
(c) She was caught in a scandalous affair with a woman.
(d) They wanted her to find fame and fortune in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following factors complicates Tessie's relationship with Father Mike?
2. What does Desdemona do to help make the village girls more attractive to Lefty?
3. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
4. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
5. What does Uncle Pete encourage Tessie and Milton to do to ensure their baby will be a girl?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)