|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, News of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Milton seduce Tessie?
(a) By complimenting her baking skills.
(b) By playing her favorite songs on her clarinet.
(c) By joining the Navy.
(d) By playing his clarinet against her skin.
2. What happens to the Zebra Room in this chapter?
(a) Lefty is forced to close the business because it is no longer profitable.
(b) Lefty relocates and expands the business.
(c) Lefty is forced to close the business because of Desdemona's disapproval.
(d) Lefty sells the Zebra Room to a new owner.
3. What happens to Jimmy on Lefty's and his last trip out to the lake?
(a) He is caught by the police for bootlegging.
(b) He and Lefty fight and Jimmy is hurt.
(c) The Packard breaks through the ice and sinks below the surface with Jimmy inside.
(d) Jimmy crashes the Packard into a telephone pole.
4. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
(a) Greek Orthodox Christianity.
(d) No religion. They are a business, not a church.
5. What is the "maze" that Jimmy tells Lefty women should be "shut up in"?
(a) House work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes Uncle Pete?
2. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
3. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
4. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
5. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)