|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Marriage on Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona's mother say is critical for encourage silk worms to produce good silk?
(b) Their caretaker's purity.
(c) Soft music.
(d) A warm environment.
2. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
(a) A letter certifying that he treated the Turkish military leader.
(b) Money to bribe the Turkish soldiers.
(c) A letter certifying that he treated the Greek military leader.
(d) A successful medical practice.
3. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
(a) No religion. They are a business, not a church.
(b) Greek Orthodox Christianity.
4. What is unique about Calliope's fifth chromosome?
(a) It impairs her brain development.
(b) It's structure causes her to have a birth defect.
(c) It produces an enzyme that prevents her from producing a certain hormone.
(d) It leads her to be a large baby.
5. Why is Lefty fired from the Ford automobile company?
(a) His work is sloppy and inaccurate.
(b) He is living with a man who has a criminal record (Jimmy Zismo).
(c) He does not pass his English language exam.
(d) He refuses to wear traditional Greek dress in the Ford English School pageant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
2. What does Desdemona keep in the silkworm box to predict the sex of a baby?
3. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
4. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
5. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)