|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Marriage on Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
(a) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a girl and it is a girl.
(b) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a boy and it is a boy.
(c) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a girl, but it is born a boy.
(d) Desdemona predicted the baby would be a boy, but it is born a girl.
2. What does Uncle Pete encourage Tessie and Milton to do to ensure their baby will be a girl?
(a) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours after she ovulates.
(b) Use in-vitro fertilization.
(c) Go to church and pray that they will have a baby girl.
(d) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours before she ovulates.
3. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
(a) A rare genetic disorder.
(b) Stress over the Greek occupation of Turkey.
(c) Unproductive silkworms.
(d) Grief over the deaths of her parents.
4. What helps narrator feel more masculine?
(a) His full head of hair.
(c) A checked shirt.
(d) Using urinals in the men's bathroom.
5. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
(a) Sourmelina does not know that Lefty and Desdemona are siblings.
(b) Sourmelina has her own secret: she is a lesbian.
(c) Lefty and Desdemona threaten Sourmelina.
(d) Lefty and Desdemona pay Sourmelina a fee for her silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lefty fired from the Ford automobile company?
2. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
3. What does Desdemona's mother say is critical for encourage silk worms to produce good silk?
4. Who is the narrator of the story?
5. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)