|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Marriage on Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical fact does Dr. Philobosian share with Desdemona that makes her worry about her pregnancy?
(a) The baby will take on the traits of whatever picture a woman is looking at when the baby is conceived.
(b) Babies must be baptized while they are still in the womb.
(c) Women must take folic acid to prevent birth defects.
(d) Birth defects in babies usually only occur when families intermarry.
2. What causes conflict between Jimmy and Lefty?
(a) Jimmy believes that Lefty has stolen money from him.
(b) Lefty suspects Jimmy of cheating on Sourmelina.
(c) Jimmy suspects that Lefty is actually the father of Sourmelina's baby.
(d) Jimmy drives the Packard too quickly over the lake and frightens Lefty.
3. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
(a) Raising silkworms and weaving silk fabric.
(b) Tool and dye manufacturing.
(c) Cigar rolling.
4. What does Lefty resolve to do after his visit to the brothel?
(a) Marry a village girl and start a family.
(b) Leave Bithynios to immigrate to America.
(c) Attend the local Greek church more often.
(d) Tell Desdemona of his feelings for her.
5. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
(a) His occupation.
(b) His dark skin.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His religious beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following factors complicates Tessie's relationship with Father Mike?
2. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
3. How is Lefty able to get he and Desdemona out of the burning city of Smyrna?
4. What does Chapter Eleven do after the church service that shocks and frightens Tessie?
5. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)