|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Marriage on Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the story?
2. What does Desdemona's mother say is critical for encourage silk worms to produce good silk?
(a) Their caretaker's purity.
(b) A warm environment.
(d) Soft music.
3. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(b) Have another child.
(c) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
(d) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
4. Which of the following factors complicates Tessie's relationship with Father Mike?
(a) Father Mike is embarrassed he was not promoted to the head priest position in the church.
(b) Tessie does not like Father Mike's wife, Zoe.
(c) Father Mike is married to Milton's sister.
(d) They were engaged to be married years ago.
5. Why does Jimmy Zismo need to smuggle alcohol into the U.S. from Canada?
(a) He doesn't want to have to pay high tariff fees by bringing the liquor over the border.
(b) It is the Prohibition and alcohol was extremely expensive in the U.S.
(c) The liquor that he imports is not available in the U.S.
(d) It is the Prohibition. Distilling and selling liquor is illegal in the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes conflict between Jimmy and Lefty?
2. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
3. What reason does Lefty give Desdemona for his trip into town?
4. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
5. What medical fact does Dr. Philobosian share with Desdemona that makes her worry about her pregnancy?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)