|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Marriage on Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
(a) An olive wood silkworm box.
(b) A baby blanket.
(c) A corset.
(d) A wedding dress.
2. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
(b) Work at the Ford factory.
(c) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
(d) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
3. Which of the following statements best describes Lefty?
(a) A cruel, abusive alcoholic.
(b) A modern man in a traditional town.
(c) A traditional man in a modern town.
(d) A jazz loving gangster.
4. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
(b) Greek Orthodox Christianity.
(d) No religion. They are a business, not a church.
5. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
(a) S/he has the brain of a boy, but was raised as a girl.
(b) S/he lived as a girl but had the body of a boy.
(c) S/he was studied by Dr. Luce.
(d) S/he went to the doctor to have a sex change operation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona do to help make the village girls more attractive to Lefty?
2. What tragic event occurs on the same day as Calliope's birth?
3. Which of the following statements best describes Uncle Pete?
4. How does Desdemona's prediction of the sex of the baby compare to it's actual sex?
5. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)