|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Marriage on Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the story?
2. What medical fact does Dr. Philobosian share with Desdemona that makes her worry about her pregnancy?
(a) Women must take folic acid to prevent birth defects.
(b) The baby will take on the traits of whatever picture a woman is looking at when the baby is conceived.
(c) Babies must be baptized while they are still in the womb.
(d) Birth defects in babies usually only occur when families intermarry.
3. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
(a) No one, they are not married until they reach America.
(b) Captain Kontoulis.
(c) A priest traveling on the Giulia.
(d) Dr. Philobosian.
4. What helps narrator feel more masculine?
(b) Using urinals in the men's bathroom.
(c) His full head of hair.
(d) A checked shirt.
5. What is unique about Calliope's fifth chromosome?
(a) It produces an enzyme that prevents her from producing a certain hormone.
(b) It impairs her brain development.
(c) It leads her to be a large baby.
(d) It's structure causes her to have a birth defect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona's mother say is critical for encourage silk worms to produce good silk?
2. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
3. What is the "maze" that Jimmy tells Lefty women should be "shut up in"?
4. How does Lefty manage to keep the men in the gaming room from stealing his winnings?
5. Which of the following statements best describes Uncle Pete?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)