|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Marriage on Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Calliope's fifth chromosome?
(a) It's structure causes her to have a birth defect.
(b) It impairs her brain development.
(c) It leads her to be a large baby.
(d) It produces an enzyme that prevents her from producing a certain hormone.
2. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
(a) No religion. They are a business, not a church.
(c) Greek Orthodox Christianity.
3. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
(a) The Minotaur.
(c) King Lear.
4. What does Desdemona keep in the silkworm box to predict the sex of a baby?
(a) The rope wedding crowns.
(b) Her hair braids.
(c) A silkworm cocoon.
(d) A silver spoon.
5. Which of the following statements best describes Uncle Pete?
(a) A self-made business man.
(b) A superstitious old man.
(c) A sweet natured priest.
(d) An intellectual chiropractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lefty able to get he and Desdemona out of the burning city of Smyrna?
2. What does Lefty resolve to do after his visit to the brothel?
3. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
4. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
5. To what religious faith does Stephanides family belong?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)