|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Marriage on Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
(a) A successful medical practice.
(b) A letter certifying that he treated the Turkish military leader.
(c) Money to bribe the Turkish soldiers.
(d) A letter certifying that he treated the Greek military leader.
2. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
(a) They have very different interests. Lefty likes the modern, city life while Desdemona is more traditional.
(b) They live alone in their family home after their parents die.
(c) They are pretending to be brother and sister, but are actually involved in a romantic relationship.
(d) They are sexually attracted to each other even though they are brother and sister.
3. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
(a) Captain Kontoulis.
(b) No one, they are not married until they reach America.
(c) A priest traveling on the Giulia.
(d) Dr. Philobosian.
4. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to when they arrive in the United States?
(b) Grosse Pointe.
(c) New York City.
(d) New Smyrna.
5. Which of the following factors complicates Tessie's relationship with Father Mike?
(a) They were engaged to be married years ago.
(b) Father Mike is married to Milton's sister.
(c) Tessie does not like Father Mike's wife, Zoe.
(d) Father Mike is embarrassed he was not promoted to the head priest position in the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jimmy on Lefty's and his last trip out to the lake?
2. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
3. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
4. What helps narrator feel more masculine?
5. What reason does Lefty give Desdemona for his trip into town?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)