|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Marriage on Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
(a) He brings the cocoons to market too late in the day.
(b) Desdemona does not give him enough cocoons to sell.
(c) The merchants are poor and are unable to pay much for the silk.
(d) The silk is of poor quality and can only be used to make organzine.
2. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
(a) His dark skin.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His occupation.
(d) His religious beliefs.
3. How does Lefty manage to keep the men in the gaming room from stealing his winnings?
(a) He loses them all in subsequent games.
(b) He fights the men and wins.
(c) He hides them in his sock.
(d) He flees from the gaming room and hides.
4. What is unique about Calliope's fifth chromosome?
(a) It produces an enzyme that prevents her from producing a certain hormone.
(b) It impairs her brain development.
(c) It's structure causes her to have a birth defect.
(d) It leads her to be a large baby.
5. What helps narrator feel more masculine?
(a) A checked shirt.
(c) His full head of hair.
(d) Using urinals in the men's bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes Uncle Pete?
2. What does Chapter Eleven do after the church service that shocks and frightens Tessie?
3. What does Desdemona's mother say is critical for encourage silk worms to produce good silk?
4. To what religious faith does Stephanides family belong?
5. What drives Desdemona and Lefty from Bithynios?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)