|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Marriage on Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes Uncle Pete?
(a) A self-made business man.
(b) A superstitious old man.
(c) A sweet natured priest.
(d) An intellectual chiropractor.
2. Why does Jimmy Zismo need to smuggle alcohol into the U.S. from Canada?
(a) It is the Prohibition and alcohol was extremely expensive in the U.S.
(b) The liquor that he imports is not available in the U.S.
(c) It is the Prohibition. Distilling and selling liquor is illegal in the U.S.
(d) He doesn't want to have to pay high tariff fees by bringing the liquor over the border.
3. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
(b) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
(c) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(d) Have another child.
4. What play do the two couples go to see the night that their babies are conceived?
(a) The Minotaur.
(b) King Lear.
5. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
(b) Cigar rolling.
(c) Raising silkworms and weaving silk fabric.
(d) Tool and dye manufacturing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
2. How do Lefty's and Dr. Philobosian's paths cross?
3. What does Uncle Pete encourage Tessie and Milton to do to ensure their baby will be a girl?
4. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Calliope's birth?
5. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)