|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Marriage on Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
(a) His dark skin.
(b) His occupation.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His religious beliefs.
2. What does Uncle Pete encourage Tessie and Milton to do to ensure their baby will be a girl?
(a) Go to church and pray that they will have a baby girl.
(b) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours after she ovulates.
(c) Use a thermometer to predict Tessie's ovulation date and have sex 24 hours before she ovulates.
(d) Use in-vitro fertilization.
3. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
(a) A rare genetic disorder.
(b) Stress over the Greek occupation of Turkey.
(c) Unproductive silkworms.
(d) Grief over the deaths of her parents.
4. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(b) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(c) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(d) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
5. What does Dr. Philobosian have that he believes will protect him from the Turks?
(a) A letter certifying that he treated the Greek military leader.
(b) Money to bribe the Turkish soldiers.
(c) A successful medical practice.
(d) A letter certifying that he treated the Turkish military leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
2. What does Desdemona keep in the silkworm box to predict the sex of a baby?
3. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
4. Why does Jimmy Zismo need to smuggle alcohol into the U.S. from Canada?
5. What does the narrator say his purpose for telling this story?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)