|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
(a) S/he has the brain of a boy, but was raised as a girl.
(b) S/he went to the doctor to have a sex change operation.
(c) S/he was studied by Dr. Luce.
(d) S/he lived as a girl but had the body of a boy.
2. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
(a) The lowering of her voice.
(b) Her long, thick hair.
(d) Her height.
3. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
(a) Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.
(b) The Prince by Machiavelli.
(c) The Republic by Plato.
(d) The Complete Works of Socrates.
4. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
(a) Jimmy wants Milton to help him protect his business.
(b) The Zebra Room has caught on fire.
(c) Race riots have begun in the city near the Zebra Room.
(d) The Zebra Room has been broken into.
5. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
(b) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
(c) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
(d) His family was killed by the Turks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
2. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
3. How does Callie become a first hand witness to the burning of the diner?
4. What does Lefty resolve to do after his visit to the brothel?
5. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)