|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
(b) Work at the Ford factory.
(c) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
(d) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
2. Why is Ben Scheer so generous towards Cal/Callie?
(a) Ben wants to convince Cal/Callie to go into business with him.
(b) Ben believes Cal/Callie is a gay man and hopes to have sex with him.
(c) Ben is too drunk to realize that he continues to pay for Cal/Callie's food, drink and lodging.
(d) Ben is a kind hearted man who wants to help Cal/Callie.
3. What is perplexing to Dr. Luce and his colleagues about Callie's condition?
(a) She has both male and female genitalia.
(b) It has been yet to be seen in someone with Turkish ancestry.
(c) She refuses to believe that she is genetically a boy.
(d) It is unusual in someone who has not gone through puberty yet.
4. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
(a) She will now be able to date women without suffering public ridicule.
(b) She now looks like a boy on the outside, but still feels like a girl inside.
(c) Even though she has had her hair cut like a boy, she still looks like a girl.
(d) She now looks and feels like a boy.
5. Who is Fard Muhammad?
(a) Maurice Plantagenet.
(b) Dr. Philobosian.
(c) Jimmy Zismo.
(d) Elijah Poole.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tessie and Milton react to the ER doctor's diagnosis of Callie?
2. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
3. Who is Mr. da Silva?
4. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
5. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)