|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
(b) Reproductive medicine.
(d) Sexual disfunction.
2. Which of the following is NOT a criterion in the real estate "Point System"?
(a) Marital status.
(c) Ethnic origin.
3. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
(a) He is discharged from the Navy and is able to return to Detroit to work in the Zebra Room.
(b) He receives word that he has been accepted to the US Naval Academy and is immediately transported off of the ship.
(c) He is injured by a fellow seaman and spends the rest of the war safely in a US hospital.
(d) He receives word that Tessie has broken off her engagement to Mike.
4. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
(a) He speeds up his work which forces the other workers to have to work more quickly.
(b) He takes English classes at the Ford language school.
(c) He brags about his well-to-do brother in law.
(d) He eats only traditional Greek foods for lunch.
5. What is the English translation of "ex ovo omnia"?
(a) Everything exits an egg.
(b) Everything is an egg.
(c) Every child begins as an egg.
(d) Everything comes out of an egg.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Opa!", why is Milton suddenly around the house more than at the diner?
2. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
3. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
4. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
5. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)