|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns Milton about Lefty's business practices at the Zebra Room?
(a) Milton is concerned about Lefty's dealings with bootleggers.
(b) Milton does not understand why Lefty is paying for three insurance policies on the building.
(c) Milton worries that the Zebra Room will be broken into because it is in a bad neighborhood.
(d) Milton believes it is immoral for Lefty to sell alcohol in the Zebra Room.
2. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
(a) To shop for groceries at the market.
(b) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(c) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
(d) To visit a local bar and brothel.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
4. Why does the Object say she is happy that Callie's family is going on vacation to Turkey?
(a) She does not want her brother, Jerome to seduce Callie.
(b) She is concerned about Callie's romantic advances towards her.
(c) She wants to have a chance to spend more time with Rex.
(d) She feels like her relationship with Callie is becoming too weird.
5. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
(a) He is injured by a fellow seaman and spends the rest of the war safely in a US hospital.
(b) He is discharged from the Navy and is able to return to Detroit to work in the Zebra Room.
(c) He receives word that Tessie has broken off her engagement to Mike.
(d) He receives word that he has been accepted to the US Naval Academy and is immediately transported off of the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callie witness late one night that foreshadows the violent turn that the riots will take?
2. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
3. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
4. According to Dr. Luce which of the following is NOT an influence on gender identity?
5. Where do Callie and the Object spend most of their days in the summer?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)