|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
(a) A rare genetic disorder.
(b) Grief over the deaths of her parents.
(c) Stress over the Greek occupation of Turkey.
(d) Unproductive silkworms.
2. In "Opa!", why is Milton suddenly around the house more than at the diner?
(a) Business is bad so Milton closes the restaurant several days a week.
(b) Milton has sold the Zebra Room to a new owner.
(c) Milton wants to help care for his father, Lefty, after his stroke.
(d) The bank has foreclosed on the diner.
3. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to in this chapter?
(b) Grosse Pointe.
(d) Milton and Tessie's home in Indian Village.
4. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
(a) There is racial conflict between black and whites.
(b) The federal government has taken over control of the city.
(c) Poor economics have forced several local businesses to close.
(d) There is racial harmony between blacks and whites.
5. What does Callie do to convince her mother that she does not need to visit the gynecologist?
(a) She stuffs her bra with tissues to convince her mother that she has developed breasts.
(b) She tells her mother about her unusual genitals.
(c) She pretends to get her first period.
(d) She prays that her mother will cancel the appointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cal/Callie say the hardest adjustment is that s/he has to make in choosing to live as a man?
2. Why does Callie hide in the basement bathroom at Baker-Inglis?
3. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
4. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
5. According to Dr. Luce which of the following is NOT an influence on gender identity?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)