|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
(a) Because he wants to be relocated closer to Tessie.
(b) Because he believes that being accepted into Annapolis will make Tessie proud of him.
(c) Because he will be exempt from drills while taking the test.
(d) Because he has dreamed of becoming a Navy officer.
2. What is Cal/Callie's initial impression of Ben Scheer?
(a) S/he is put off by Ben's intellectual style of speech.
(b) S/he likes that Ben talks to and treats him/her like a sophisticated adult.
(c) S/he likes that Ben is willing to purchase alcohol for him/her.
(d) S/he is skeptical of Ben's motives in purchasing him/her dinner and a hotel room.
3. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
(a) Because of his loud voice.
(b) Because they do not believe he can afford the mortgage.
(c) Because of his Greek background.
(d) Because of the way he dresses.
4. What does Desdemona do to help make the village girls more attractive to Lefty?
(a) She teaches them how to talk to a man in a seductive way.
(b) She gives them sex lessons.
(c) She encourages them to practice personal hygiene.
(d) She teaches them to look like the girls in a lingerie catalog hidden in her father's dresser.
5. What does Desdemona admire about the women of Temple No.1?
(a) Their religious devotion.
(b) Their work ethic.
(c) Their ability to create beautiful silk fabric.
(d) Their modesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Callie's first step in her physical transformation into a boy?
2. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
3. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
4. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
5. What concerns Milton about Lefty's business practices at the Zebra Room?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)