|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
(a) He is concerned that movie going will interfere with her volunteer duties.
(b) He thinks that movies are immoral.
(c) He is glad that she has found something that she enjoys to fill her time while he is away.
(d) He believes that it is frivolous to attend movies while the war is going on.
2. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
(a) To determine whether or not she is pregnant
(b) To ask him to sterilize her so she will not be able to have more children.
(c) To have a physical examination
(d) Because she has contracted an illness from the silk workers
3. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
(a) The Republic by Plato.
(b) The Complete Works of Socrates.
(c) The Prince by Machiavelli.
(d) Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.
4. Why do Tessie, Milton and Callie travel to New York City?
(a) To visit Chapter Eleven at college.
(b) For a relaxing family vacation.
(c) To visit the Sexual Disorders and Gender Identity Clinic.
(d) For Callie to have abdominal surgery following her tractor injury.
5. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
(b) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
(c) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
(d) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
2. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
3. Who does the Object develop a crush on that upsets Callie?
4. What does Callie do to convince her mother that she does not need to visit the gynecologist?
5. What concerns Milton about Lefty's business practices at the Zebra Room?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)