|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
(a) She must prove that she is capable of raising silk worms.
(b) She must convince them that she had black ancestors.
(c) She must pledge allegiance to their religious leader, Minister Fard.
(d) She must demonstrate that she knows how to weave silk into fabric.
2. What artistic medium does Julie Kikuchi work with?
3. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
(a) Because of his loud voice.
(b) Because they do not believe he can afford the mortgage.
(c) Because of the way he dresses.
(d) Because of his Greek background.
4. What is Dr. Luce's specialty?
(a) Sexual disfunction.
(b) Reproductive medicine.
5. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
(a) It is relocated to a new building.
(b) It is downsized.
(c) It closes.
(d) It is expanded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
2. Why does Dr. Luce show Callie a pornographic movie?
3. Who is the first person to pick Cal/Callie up when s/he begins hitchhiking?
4. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
5. What does Callie do to try to get to know the Obscure Object better?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)