|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Tessie and Milton react to the ER doctor's diagnosis of Callie?
(a) They accept his diagnosis and immediately take Callie to Dr. Luce.
(b) They distrust the doctor.
(c) They believe the doctor has confused her with another patient.
(d) They are shocked and in disbelief.
2. Who is the first person to pick Cal/Callie up when s/he begins hitchhiking?
(a) A 30-something gay man.
(b) A red-headed truck driver.
(c) An old, judgmental woman.
(d) A retired couple.
3. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
(a) Poor economics have forced several local businesses to close.
(b) The federal government has taken over control of the city.
(c) There is racial harmony between blacks and whites.
(d) There is racial conflict between black and whites.
4. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
(b) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
(c) His family was killed by the Turks.
(d) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
5. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
(a) The Zebra Room has been broken into.
(b) The Zebra Room has caught on fire.
(c) Race riots have begun in the city near the Zebra Room.
(d) Jimmy wants Milton to help him protect his business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jerome's hobby?
2. What artistic medium does Julie Kikuchi work with?
3. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
4. What is Callie's initial impression of the Obscure Object?
5. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)