|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jerome's hobby?
(a) Making horror movies.
(c) Watching horror movies.
2. Why does Callie hide in the basement bathroom at Baker-Inglis?
(a) She wants to catch up on her English class reading.
(b) She wants to read the gossip about the other girls written on the bathroom walls.
(c) She likes to look at the crocuses growing outside the window in the bathroom.
(d) She feels safe and comfortable in this seldom used space.
3. What reason does Lefty give Desdemona for his trip into town?
(a) To shop for groceries at the market.
(b) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(c) To visit a local bar and brothel.
(d) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
4. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
(a) Their cousin, Sourmelina.
(b) Captain Kontoulis.
(c) They do not need a sponsor to enter the U.S.
(d) Their friend, Dr. Philobosian.
5. What is Cal/Callie's initial impression of Ben Scheer?
(a) S/he is skeptical of Ben's motives in purchasing him/her dinner and a hotel room.
(b) S/he likes that Ben talks to and treats him/her like a sophisticated adult.
(c) S/he likes that Ben is willing to purchase alcohol for him/her.
(d) S/he is put off by Ben's intellectual style of speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Callie's first step in her physical transformation into a boy?
2. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to when they arrive in the United States?
3. What does Callie witness late one night that foreshadows the violent turn that the riots will take?
4. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
5. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)