|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
(a) A Bible passage about eunuchs.
(b) Passages from the Greek Bible.
(c) A Bible passage forbidding incest.
(d) English phrases.
2. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
(a) Stress over the Greek occupation of Turkey.
(b) A rare genetic disorder.
(c) Grief over the deaths of her parents.
(d) Unproductive silkworms.
3. Who is Mr. da Silva?
(a) Callie's drama club advisor.
(b) Callie's high school English teacher.
(c) Callie's eighth grade honors English teacher.
(d) Callie's teacher and love interest.
4. How do Tessie and Milton react to the ER doctor's diagnosis of Callie?
(a) They distrust the doctor.
(b) They are shocked and in disbelief.
(c) They believe the doctor has confused her with another patient.
(d) They accept his diagnosis and immediately take Callie to Dr. Luce.
5. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) An olive wood silkworm box.
(c) A corset.
(d) A baby blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to when they arrive in the United States?
2. What does Callie notice about herself when she sees herself in the mirror for the first time after having her hair cut?
3. What happens to the Zebra Room's earnings?
4. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
5. What is Callie's first step in her physical transformation into a boy?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)