|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
(a) S/he has the brain of a boy, but was raised as a girl.
(b) S/he went to the doctor to have a sex change operation.
(c) S/he lived as a girl but had the body of a boy.
(d) S/he was studied by Dr. Luce.
2. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
(a) Because he believes that being accepted into Annapolis will make Tessie proud of him.
(b) Because he wants to be relocated closer to Tessie.
(c) Because he will be exempt from drills while taking the test.
(d) Because he has dreamed of becoming a Navy officer.
3. According to Dr. Luce which of the following is NOT an influence on gender identity?
(b) Sex of rearing.
4. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) His family was killed by the Turks.
(b) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
(c) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
(d) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
5. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
(a) Her long, thick hair.
(c) Her height.
(d) The lowering of her voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns Milton about Lefty's business practices at the Zebra Room?
2. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
3. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
4. Who is Mr. da Silva?
5. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)