|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role is Callie assigned in her English class production of Antigone?
2. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
(b) Raising silkworms and weaving silk fabric.
(c) Cigar rolling.
(d) Tool and dye manufacturing.
3. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
(a) A baby blanket.
(b) A corset.
(c) An olive wood silkworm box.
(d) A wedding dress.
4. What is the English translation of "ex ovo omnia"?
(a) Every child begins as an egg.
(b) Everything comes out of an egg.
(c) Everything is an egg.
(d) Everything exits an egg.
5. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
(a) She will confess to her children that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(b) She will donate a large portion of her earnings to the church.
(c) She will send Milton to Bithynios to repair the town's church.
(d) She will attend church on a daily basis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
2. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
3. What is Jerome's hobby?
4. Who is the first person to pick Cal/Callie up when s/he begins hitchhiking?
5. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)