|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
(a) Because he will be exempt from drills while taking the test.
(b) Because he believes that being accepted into Annapolis will make Tessie proud of him.
(c) Because he wants to be relocated closer to Tessie.
(d) Because he has dreamed of becoming a Navy officer.
2. Why do Tessie, Milton and Callie travel to New York City?
(a) For Callie to have abdominal surgery following her tractor injury.
(b) To visit Chapter Eleven at college.
(c) For a relaxing family vacation.
(d) To visit the Sexual Disorders and Gender Identity Clinic.
3. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
(a) He is discharged from the Navy and is able to return to Detroit to work in the Zebra Room.
(b) He is injured by a fellow seaman and spends the rest of the war safely in a US hospital.
(c) He receives word that Tessie has broken off her engagement to Mike.
(d) He receives word that he has been accepted to the US Naval Academy and is immediately transported off of the ship.
4. Who does Desdemona over hear through the heating vents in the Silk Room of the Temple No. 1?
(a) Betty Smith.
(b) Sister Wanda.
(c) W.D. Fard.
(d) The Prophet Muhammed.
5. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
(a) She is agile on her feet and able to block shots made on the goal.
(b) She is uncoordinated so the coach gave her a position where she would not need to move much.
(c) The goalie equipment fits her better than the other girls.
(d) She is the last student to sign up for the team and goalie is the only position left open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
2. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
3. What is perplexing to Dr. Luce and his colleagues about Callie's condition?
4. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
5. Who is Fard Muhammad?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)