|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Tessie and Milton react to the ER doctor's diagnosis of Callie?
(a) They believe the doctor has confused her with another patient.
(b) They accept his diagnosis and immediately take Callie to Dr. Luce.
(c) They distrust the doctor.
(d) They are shocked and in disbelief.
2. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
(a) He receives word that he has been accepted to the US Naval Academy and is immediately transported off of the ship.
(b) He receives word that Tessie has broken off her engagement to Mike.
(c) He is injured by a fellow seaman and spends the rest of the war safely in a US hospital.
(d) He is discharged from the Navy and is able to return to Detroit to work in the Zebra Room.
3. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
(a) She confesses to the Object hoping that telling her will make her feel better.
(b) She decides to pretend like it never happened.
(c) She scrubs her body repeatedly during her morning shower.
(d) She tells Jerome to never come near her again.
4. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
(a) He is glad that she has found something that she enjoys to fill her time while he is away.
(b) He thinks that movies are immoral.
(c) He is concerned that movie going will interfere with her volunteer duties.
(d) He believes that it is frivolous to attend movies while the war is going on.
5. Who is Mr. da Silva?
(a) Callie's eighth grade honors English teacher.
(b) Callie's drama club advisor.
(c) Callie's high school English teacher.
(d) Callie's teacher and love interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
2. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
3. What artistic medium does Julie Kikuchi work with?
4. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
5. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)