|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Go West, Young Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
(a) The goalie equipment fits her better than the other girls.
(b) She is uncoordinated so the coach gave her a position where she would not need to move much.
(c) She is the last student to sign up for the team and goalie is the only position left open.
(d) She is agile on her feet and able to block shots made on the goal.
2. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
(a) He will never marry and will die alone.
(b) He will marry a village girl and will leave Desdemona alone to care for the cocoonery.
(c) He will become a smoker and alcoholic.
(d) He will marry an unattractive Turkish woman.
3. Why do Tessie, Milton and Callie travel to New York City?
(a) For Callie to have abdominal surgery following her tractor injury.
(b) For a relaxing family vacation.
(c) To visit the Sexual Disorders and Gender Identity Clinic.
(d) To visit Chapter Eleven at college.
4. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
(a) She will attend church on a daily basis.
(b) She will confess to her children that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(c) She will donate a large portion of her earnings to the church.
(d) She will send Milton to Bithynios to repair the town's church.
5. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
(a) To determine whether or not she is pregnant
(b) To have a physical examination
(c) To ask him to sterilize her so she will not be able to have more children.
(d) Because she has contracted an illness from the silk workers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callie do to convince her mother that she does not need to visit the gynecologist?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
3. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
4. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to when they arrive in the United States?
5. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to in this chapter?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)