|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes Lefty?
(a) A modern man in a traditional town.
(b) A traditional man in a modern town.
(c) A cruel, abusive alcoholic.
(d) A jazz loving gangster.
2. What does Lefty resolve to do after his visit to the brothel?
(a) Attend the local Greek church more often.
(b) Leave Bithynios to immigrate to America.
(c) Marry a village girl and start a family.
(d) Tell Desdemona of his feelings for her.
3. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
(a) A rare genetic disorder.
(b) Grief over the deaths of her parents.
(c) Unproductive silkworms.
(d) Stress over the Greek occupation of Turkey.
4. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
(a) A baby blanket.
(b) An olive wood silkworm box.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A corset.
5. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
(a) Lefty and Desdemona threaten Sourmelina.
(b) Sourmelina does not know that Lefty and Desdemona are siblings.
(c) Lefty and Desdemona pay Sourmelina a fee for her silence.
(d) Sourmelina has her own secret: she is a lesbian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to when they arrive in the United States?
2. Who is Fard Muhammad?
3. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
4. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
5. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)