|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
(a) No one, they are not married until they reach America.
(b) Captain Kontoulis.
(c) A priest traveling on the Giulia.
(d) Dr. Philobosian.
2. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
(a) They live alone in their family home after their parents die.
(b) They are sexually attracted to each other even though they are brother and sister.
(c) They are pretending to be brother and sister, but are actually involved in a romantic relationship.
(d) They have very different interests. Lefty likes the modern, city life while Desdemona is more traditional.
3. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
(a) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(b) To shop for groceries at the market.
(c) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
(d) To visit a local bar and brothel.
4. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
(a) He extends the operating hours of the Zebra Room.
(b) He serves as a driver for his friend Maurice during the day.
(c) He solicits women to pose for pornographic photos taken by his friend Maurice.
(d) He rents a room in the family's home to a customer from the Zebra Room.
5. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
(b) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
(c) Have another child.
(d) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
2. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to when they arrive in the United States?
3. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
4. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
5. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)