|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
(a) To have a physical examination
(b) To determine whether or not she is pregnant
(c) Because she has contracted an illness from the silk workers
(d) To ask him to sterilize her so she will not be able to have more children.
2. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
(a) Lefty and Desdemona pay Sourmelina a fee for her silence.
(b) Sourmelina has her own secret: she is a lesbian.
(c) Lefty and Desdemona threaten Sourmelina.
(d) Sourmelina does not know that Lefty and Desdemona are siblings.
3. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
(a) They live alone in their family home after their parents die.
(b) They have very different interests. Lefty likes the modern, city life while Desdemona is more traditional.
(c) They are sexually attracted to each other even though they are brother and sister.
(d) They are pretending to be brother and sister, but are actually involved in a romantic relationship.
4. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(b) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(c) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(d) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
5. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
(a) Desdemona does not give him enough cocoons to sell.
(b) The silk is of poor quality and can only be used to make organzine.
(c) The merchants are poor and are unable to pay much for the silk.
(d) He brings the cocoons to market too late in the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona admire about the women of Temple No.1?
2. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
3. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
4. Why is Lefty fired from the Ford automobile company?
5. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)