|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
(a) He extends the operating hours of the Zebra Room.
(b) He solicits women to pose for pornographic photos taken by his friend Maurice.
(c) He rents a room in the family's home to a customer from the Zebra Room.
(d) He serves as a driver for his friend Maurice during the day.
2. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
(a) She was caught in a scandalous affair with a woman.
(b) They wanted her to find fame and fortune in America.
(c) They could not afford to support an unmarried daughter.
(d) They could not find a man to marry her in Bithynios.
3. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(b) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(c) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(d) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
4. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
(b) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
(c) His family was killed by the Turks.
(d) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
5. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
(a) They discuss their family tree as if they are learning it for the first time.
(b) They consummate their marriage in the life boat.
(c) They board the ship separately.
(d) They have chance meetings on the deck pretending to be getting to know each other for the first time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fard Muhammad?
2. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
3. Which of the following statements best describes Lefty?
4. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
5. Why is Lefty fired from the Ford automobile company?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)