|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
(a) He eats only traditional Greek foods for lunch.
(b) He takes English classes at the Ford language school.
(c) He speeds up his work which forces the other workers to have to work more quickly.
(d) He brags about his well-to-do brother in law.
2. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
(a) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
(b) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(c) To visit a local bar and brothel.
(d) To shop for groceries at the market.
3. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
(a) He serves as a driver for his friend Maurice during the day.
(b) He solicits women to pose for pornographic photos taken by his friend Maurice.
(c) He rents a room in the family's home to a customer from the Zebra Room.
(d) He extends the operating hours of the Zebra Room.
4. Who is Fard Muhammad?
(a) Dr. Philobosian.
(b) Jimmy Zismo.
(c) Maurice Plantagenet.
(d) Elijah Poole.
5. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
(a) They live alone in their family home after their parents die.
(b) They have very different interests. Lefty likes the modern, city life while Desdemona is more traditional.
(c) They are sexually attracted to each other even though they are brother and sister.
(d) They are pretending to be brother and sister, but are actually involved in a romantic relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
2. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
3. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
4. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
5. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)