|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
(a) They are pretending to be brother and sister, but are actually involved in a romantic relationship.
(b) They are sexually attracted to each other even though they are brother and sister.
(c) They live alone in their family home after their parents die.
(d) They have very different interests. Lefty likes the modern, city life while Desdemona is more traditional.
2. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
(a) Lefty and Desdemona pay Sourmelina a fee for her silence.
(b) Sourmelina does not know that Lefty and Desdemona are siblings.
(c) Lefty and Desdemona threaten Sourmelina.
(d) Sourmelina has her own secret: she is a lesbian.
3. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
(b) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
(c) His family was killed by the Turks.
(d) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
4. Who does Desdemona over hear through the heating vents in the Silk Room of the Temple No. 1?
(a) W.D. Fard.
(b) The Prophet Muhammed.
(c) Betty Smith.
(d) Sister Wanda.
5. What does Desdemona's mother say is critical for encourage silk worms to produce good silk?
(a) Soft music.
(b) A warm environment.
(c) Their caretaker's purity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
2. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
3. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
4. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
5. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)