|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(b) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
(c) Have another child.
(d) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
2. What reason does Lefty give Desdemona for his trip into town?
(a) To shop for groceries at the market.
(b) To visit a local bar and brothel.
(c) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
(d) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
3. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
(a) To ask him to sterilize her so she will not be able to have more children.
(b) Because she has contracted an illness from the silk workers
(c) To have a physical examination
(d) To determine whether or not she is pregnant
4. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
(a) S/he went to the doctor to have a sex change operation.
(b) S/he was studied by Dr. Luce.
(c) S/he lived as a girl but had the body of a boy.
(d) S/he has the brain of a boy, but was raised as a girl.
5. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
(a) He eats only traditional Greek foods for lunch.
(b) He speeds up his work which forces the other workers to have to work more quickly.
(c) He takes English classes at the Ford language school.
(d) He brags about his well-to-do brother in law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sourmelina's parents send her to America?
2. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
3. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
4. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
5. Who is Fard Muhammad?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)