|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
(c) No religion. They are a business, not a church.
(d) Greek Orthodox Christianity.
2. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
(a) A Bible passage about eunuchs.
(b) Passages from the Greek Bible.
(c) English phrases.
(d) A Bible passage forbidding incest.
3. Who does Desdemona over hear through the heating vents in the Silk Room of the Temple No. 1?
(a) The Prophet Muhammed.
(b) W.D. Fard.
(c) Betty Smith.
(d) Sister Wanda.
4. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
(a) S/he went to the doctor to have a sex change operation.
(b) S/he has the brain of a boy, but was raised as a girl.
(c) S/he lived as a girl but had the body of a boy.
(d) S/he was studied by Dr. Luce.
5. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
(b) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
(c) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
(d) His family was killed by the Turks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
2. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
3. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
4. What does Desdemona's mother say is critical for encourage silk worms to produce good silk?
5. Why do Lefty and Desdemona know that they can trust Sourmelina to keep the secret that they are siblings?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)