|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
(b) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
(c) His family was killed by the Turks.
(d) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
2. What does Desdemona admire about the women of Temple No.1?
(a) Their modesty.
(b) Their work ethic.
(c) Their ability to create beautiful silk fabric.
(d) Their religious devotion.
3. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
(a) He solicits women to pose for pornographic photos taken by his friend Maurice.
(b) He extends the operating hours of the Zebra Room.
(c) He serves as a driver for his friend Maurice during the day.
(d) He rents a room in the family's home to a customer from the Zebra Room.
4. Who is Fard Muhammad?
(a) Dr. Philobosian.
(b) Jimmy Zismo.
(c) Maurice Plantagenet.
(d) Elijah Poole.
5. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
(a) A rare genetic disorder.
(b) Unproductive silkworms.
(c) Stress over the Greek occupation of Turkey.
(d) Grief over the deaths of her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona's mother say is critical for encourage silk worms to produce good silk?
2. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
3. Who does Desdemona over hear through the heating vents in the Silk Room of the Temple No. 1?
4. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
5. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)