|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
(a) He will marry an unattractive Turkish woman.
(b) He will never marry and will die alone.
(c) He will become a smoker and alcoholic.
(d) He will marry a village girl and will leave Desdemona alone to care for the cocoonery.
2. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(b) Have another child.
(c) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
(d) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
3. Which of the following statements best describes Lefty?
(a) A modern man in a traditional town.
(b) A cruel, abusive alcoholic.
(c) A jazz loving gangster.
(d) A traditional man in a modern town.
4. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
(a) They are sexually attracted to each other even though they are brother and sister.
(b) They are pretending to be brother and sister, but are actually involved in a romantic relationship.
(c) They have very different interests. Lefty likes the modern, city life while Desdemona is more traditional.
(d) They live alone in their family home after their parents die.
5. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
(b) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
(c) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
(d) Work at the Ford factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
2. In the chapter "Tricknology", what does Lefty do to help supplement his income?
3. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
4. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
5. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)