|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(b) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(c) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(d) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
2. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
(a) S/he was studied by Dr. Luce.
(b) S/he lived as a girl but had the body of a boy.
(c) S/he has the brain of a boy, but was raised as a girl.
(d) S/he went to the doctor to have a sex change operation.
3. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
(a) It closes.
(b) It is expanded.
(c) It is relocated to a new building.
(d) It is downsized.
4. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
(a) The silk is of poor quality and can only be used to make organzine.
(b) The merchants are poor and are unable to pay much for the silk.
(c) He brings the cocoons to market too late in the day.
(d) Desdemona does not give him enough cocoons to sell.
5. What is Lefty's actual motivation for going into town?
(a) To court a woman he hopes to marry.
(b) To sell the silk cocoons at market.
(c) To shop for groceries at the market.
(d) To visit a local bar and brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
2. Where do Desdemona and Lefty move to when they arrive in the United States?
3. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
4. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
5. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)