|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes Lefty?
(a) A modern man in a traditional town.
(b) A traditional man in a modern town.
(c) A jazz loving gangster.
(d) A cruel, abusive alcoholic.
2. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
(a) Captain Kontoulis.
(b) Their cousin, Sourmelina.
(c) Their friend, Dr. Philobosian.
(d) They do not need a sponsor to enter the U.S.
3. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
(a) No one, they are not married until they reach America.
(b) Dr. Philobosian.
(c) Captain Kontoulis.
(d) A priest traveling on the Giulia.
4. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(b) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(c) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(d) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
5. What is the fate of the Silk Room at Temple No. 1 when Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader after Fard's arrest.?
(a) It closes.
(b) It is downsized.
(c) It is relocated to a new building.
(d) It is expanded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
2. Who does Desdemona over hear through the heating vents in the Silk Room of the Temple No. 1?
3. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
4. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
5. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)