|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Desdemona visit Dr. Philobosian in this chapter?
(a) To determine whether or not she is pregnant
(b) Because she has contracted an illness from the silk workers
(c) To have a physical examination
(d) To ask him to sterilize her so she will not be able to have more children.
2. What is unusual about Lefty and Desdemona's relationship?
(a) They are sexually attracted to each other even though they are brother and sister.
(b) They are pretending to be brother and sister, but are actually involved in a romantic relationship.
(c) They live alone in their family home after their parents die.
(d) They have very different interests. Lefty likes the modern, city life while Desdemona is more traditional.
3. What does Lefty do while working on the assembly line at Ford that angers some of the other workers?
(a) He takes English classes at the Ford language school.
(b) He brags about his well-to-do brother in law.
(c) He eats only traditional Greek foods for lunch.
(d) He speeds up his work which forces the other workers to have to work more quickly.
4. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
(a) Unproductive silkworms.
(b) Grief over the deaths of her parents.
(c) A rare genetic disorder.
(d) Stress over the Greek occupation of Turkey.
5. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
(a) He will marry a village girl and will leave Desdemona alone to care for the cocoonery.
(b) He will marry an unattractive Turkish woman.
(c) He will never marry and will die alone.
(d) He will become a smoker and alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
2. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
3. Why does the silk Lefty sells in the market not earn much money?
4. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
5. Who is Fard Muhammad?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)