|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tricknology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
(b) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
(c) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
(d) His family was killed by the Turks.
2. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(b) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(c) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(d) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
3. What does Desdemona fear will happen to Lefty?
(a) He will marry an unattractive Turkish woman.
(b) He will never marry and will die alone.
(c) He will marry a village girl and will leave Desdemona alone to care for the cocoonery.
(d) He will become a smoker and alcoholic.
4. What does the narrator say makes him/her "the most famous hermaphrodite in history"?
(a) S/he went to the doctor to have a sex change operation.
(b) S/he was studied by Dr. Luce.
(c) S/he lived as a girl but had the body of a boy.
(d) S/he has the brain of a boy, but was raised as a girl.
5. What shocks Desdemona and Lefty about Sourmelina's husband, Jimmy Zismo?
(a) His dark skin.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His religious beliefs.
(d) His occupation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona's mother say is critical for encourage silk worms to produce good silk?
2. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
3. What is the cause of Desdemona's heart palpitations?
4. Who is Fard Muhammad?
5. What is located in Desdemona's hope chest that she fears she will never use?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)