|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
(b) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
(c) His family was killed by the Turks.
(d) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
2. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
(a) A Bible passage forbidding incest.
(b) A Bible passage about eunuchs.
(c) Passages from the Greek Bible.
(d) English phrases.
3. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
(a) Dr. Philobosian.
(b) No one, they are not married until they reach America.
(c) Captain Kontoulis.
(d) A priest traveling on the Giulia.
4. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
(a) She must demonstrate that she knows how to weave silk into fabric.
(b) She must convince them that she had black ancestors.
(c) She must prove that she is capable of raising silk worms.
(d) She must pledge allegiance to their religious leader, Minister Fard.
5. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
(a) The Zebra Room has been broken into.
(b) The Zebra Room has caught on fire.
(c) Race riots have begun in the city near the Zebra Room.
(d) Jimmy wants Milton to help him protect his business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
2. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
3. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
4. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
5. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)