|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
(b) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
(c) Work at the Ford factory.
(d) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
2. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
(a) Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.
(b) The Republic by Plato.
(c) The Prince by Machiavelli.
(d) The Complete Works of Socrates.
3. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
(a) She will confess to her children that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(b) She will attend church on a daily basis.
(c) She will send Milton to Bithynios to repair the town's church.
(d) She will donate a large portion of her earnings to the church.
4. What does Callie witness late one night that foreshadows the violent turn that the riots will take?
(a) President Johnson announcing on t.v. that he is sending federal troops into Detroit.
(b) News footage of the number of deaths, injuries and fires caused during the riots.
(c) A tank rolling down the street.
(d) Milton loading a pistol with bullets.
5. In "Opa!", why is Milton suddenly around the house more than at the diner?
(a) Milton has sold the Zebra Room to a new owner.
(b) Milton wants to help care for his father, Lefty, after his stroke.
(c) Business is bad so Milton closes the restaurant several days a week.
(d) The bank has foreclosed on the diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
2. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
3. How does Callie become a first hand witness to the burning of the diner?
4. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
5. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)