|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
(a) They consummate their marriage in the life boat.
(b) They discuss their family tree as if they are learning it for the first time.
(c) They have chance meetings on the deck pretending to be getting to know each other for the first time.
(d) They board the ship separately.
2. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(b) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(c) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(d) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
3. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
(a) No one, they are not married until they reach America.
(b) A priest traveling on the Giulia.
(c) Captain Kontoulis.
(d) Dr. Philobosian.
4. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
(a) He hopes to run for political office in the future.
(b) He plans to study political science at the University of Michigan.
(c) He is 18 and now eligible to be drafted into the military.
(d) He is interested in and identifies with President Nixon.
5. How does Callie become a first hand witness to the burning of the diner?
(a) She rides her bike to the Zebra Room to help her father.
(b) Tessie drives the family to the Zebra Room to help Milton.
(c) Milton tells Callie the story of the fire when he arrives home from the diner.
(d) She sees news footage of the diner catching fire on t.v.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
2. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
3. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
4. Where does Tessie and her family wait out the riots?
5. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)