|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
(a) Poor economics have forced several local businesses to close.
(b) There is racial conflict between black and whites.
(c) The federal government has taken over control of the city.
(d) There is racial harmony between blacks and whites.
2. What artistic medium does Julie Kikuchi work with?
3. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
(a) She is uncoordinated so the coach gave her a position where she would not need to move much.
(b) She is agile on her feet and able to block shots made on the goal.
(c) The goalie equipment fits her better than the other girls.
(d) She is the last student to sign up for the team and goalie is the only position left open.
4. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
(a) He hopes to run for political office in the future.
(b) He is interested in and identifies with President Nixon.
(c) He is 18 and now eligible to be drafted into the military.
(d) He plans to study political science at the University of Michigan.
5. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
(b) His family was killed by the Turks.
(c) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
(d) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
2. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
4. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
5. How does Callie become a first hand witness to the burning of the diner?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)