|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
(a) They do not need a sponsor to enter the U.S.
(b) Their friend, Dr. Philobosian.
(c) Their cousin, Sourmelina.
(d) Captain Kontoulis.
2. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
(a) The Republic by Plato.
(b) The Complete Works of Socrates.
(c) Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.
(d) The Prince by Machiavelli.
3. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
(a) She must convince them that she had black ancestors.
(b) She must prove that she is capable of raising silk worms.
(c) She must demonstrate that she knows how to weave silk into fabric.
(d) She must pledge allegiance to their religious leader, Minister Fard.
4. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
(a) Growing public hair.
(b) Growing armpit hair.
(c) Lowering of the voice.
(d) Breast development.
5. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
(a) He is concerned that movie going will interfere with her volunteer duties.
(b) He thinks that movies are immoral.
(c) He believes that it is frivolous to attend movies while the war is going on.
(d) He is glad that she has found something that she enjoys to fill her time while he is away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
2. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
3. In "Opa!", why is Milton suddenly around the house more than at the diner?
4. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
5. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)