|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
(a) English phrases.
(b) A Bible passage about eunuchs.
(c) A Bible passage forbidding incest.
(d) Passages from the Greek Bible.
2. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
(a) Because he has dreamed of becoming a Navy officer.
(b) Because he wants to be relocated closer to Tessie.
(c) Because he believes that being accepted into Annapolis will make Tessie proud of him.
(d) Because he will be exempt from drills while taking the test.
3. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
(a) He believes that it is frivolous to attend movies while the war is going on.
(b) He is glad that she has found something that she enjoys to fill her time while he is away.
(c) He is concerned that movie going will interfere with her volunteer duties.
(d) He thinks that movies are immoral.
4. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
(b) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
(c) Work at the Ford factory.
(d) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
5. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(b) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(c) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(d) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
2. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
3. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
4. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
5. Where does Tessie and her family wait out the riots?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)