|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(b) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(c) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(d) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
2. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
(a) The unremarkable, dull group of girls at Baker-Inglis.
(b) The ethnic girls at Baker-Inglis.
(c) The popular and wealthy group of girls at Baker-Inglis.
(d) The athletic girls at Baker-Inglis.
3. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
(a) He believes that it is frivolous to attend movies while the war is going on.
(b) He thinks that movies are immoral.
(c) He is concerned that movie going will interfere with her volunteer duties.
(d) He is glad that she has found something that she enjoys to fill her time while he is away.
4. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
(a) Captain Kontoulis.
(b) Dr. Philobosian.
(c) A priest traveling on the Giulia.
(d) No one, they are not married until they reach America.
5. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(b) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
(c) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
(d) Have another child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
2. Where does Tessie and her family wait out the riots?
3. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
4. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
5. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)