|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
(a) He is 18 and now eligible to be drafted into the military.
(b) He hopes to run for political office in the future.
(c) He plans to study political science at the University of Michigan.
(d) He is interested in and identifies with President Nixon.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
3. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
(a) He believes that it is frivolous to attend movies while the war is going on.
(b) He thinks that movies are immoral.
(c) He is glad that she has found something that she enjoys to fill her time while he is away.
(d) He is concerned that movie going will interfere with her volunteer duties.
4. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
(a) Growing armpit hair.
(b) Breast development.
(c) Growing public hair.
(d) Lowering of the voice.
5. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
(b) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
(c) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
(d) Work at the Ford factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
2. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
3. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
4. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
5. Where does Tessie and her family wait out the riots?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)