|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
(b) Work at the Ford factory.
(c) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
(d) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
2. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
(a) She will attend church on a daily basis.
(b) She will donate a large portion of her earnings to the church.
(c) She will send Milton to Bithynios to repair the town's church.
(d) She will confess to her children that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
3. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
(a) The Prince by Machiavelli.
(b) The Complete Works of Socrates.
(c) Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.
(d) The Republic by Plato.
4. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
(a) Breast development.
(b) Lowering of the voice.
(c) Growing armpit hair.
(d) Growing public hair.
5. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
(a) He plans to study political science at the University of Michigan.
(b) He hopes to run for political office in the future.
(c) He is 18 and now eligible to be drafted into the military.
(d) He is interested in and identifies with President Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
2. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
3. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
4. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
5. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)