|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
(a) She will donate a large portion of her earnings to the church.
(b) She will confess to her children that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(c) She will attend church on a daily basis.
(d) She will send Milton to Bithynios to repair the town's church.
2. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
(a) He receives word that he has been accepted to the US Naval Academy and is immediately transported off of the ship.
(b) He receives word that Tessie has broken off her engagement to Mike.
(c) He is discharged from the Navy and is able to return to Detroit to work in the Zebra Room.
(d) He is injured by a fellow seaman and spends the rest of the war safely in a US hospital.
3. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
(b) Tool and dye manufacturing.
(c) Raising silkworms and weaving silk fabric.
(d) Cigar rolling.
4. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
(a) Captain Kontoulis.
(b) Dr. Philobosian.
(c) No one, they are not married until they reach America.
(d) A priest traveling on the Giulia.
5. Where does Tessie and her family wait out the riots?
(a) In Desdemona and Lefty's room in their attic.
(b) At a neighbor's home.
(c) In Desdemona and Lefty's room in their basement.
(d) At the Zebra Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
2. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
3. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
4. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
5. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)