|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
(a) He is glad that she has found something that she enjoys to fill her time while he is away.
(b) He believes that it is frivolous to attend movies while the war is going on.
(c) He is concerned that movie going will interfere with her volunteer duties.
(d) He thinks that movies are immoral.
2. In "Opa!", why is Milton suddenly around the house more than at the diner?
(a) Milton has sold the Zebra Room to a new owner.
(b) Milton wants to help care for his father, Lefty, after his stroke.
(c) The bank has foreclosed on the diner.
(d) Business is bad so Milton closes the restaurant several days a week.
3. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
(a) They do not need a sponsor to enter the U.S.
(b) Captain Kontoulis.
(c) Their friend, Dr. Philobosian.
(d) Their cousin, Sourmelina.
4. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
(a) They have chance meetings on the deck pretending to be getting to know each other for the first time.
(b) They discuss their family tree as if they are learning it for the first time.
(c) They board the ship separately.
(d) They consummate their marriage in the life boat.
5. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
(a) There is racial conflict between black and whites.
(b) The federal government has taken over control of the city.
(c) There is racial harmony between blacks and whites.
(d) Poor economics have forced several local businesses to close.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
2. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
3. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
4. How does Callie become a first hand witness to the burning of the diner?
5. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)