|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
(a) Race riots have begun in the city near the Zebra Room.
(b) The Zebra Room has been broken into.
(c) Jimmy wants Milton to help him protect his business.
(d) The Zebra Room has caught on fire.
2. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
(b) Her long, thick hair.
(c) The lowering of her voice.
(d) Her height.
3. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
(a) She must pledge allegiance to their religious leader, Minister Fard.
(b) She must convince them that she had black ancestors.
(c) She must demonstrate that she knows how to weave silk into fabric.
(d) She must prove that she is capable of raising silk worms.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
5. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
(a) He hopes to run for political office in the future.
(b) He is interested in and identifies with President Nixon.
(c) He plans to study political science at the University of Michigan.
(d) He is 18 and now eligible to be drafted into the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
2. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
3. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
4. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
5. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)