|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
(b) Cigar rolling.
(c) Tool and dye manufacturing.
(d) Raising silkworms and weaving silk fabric.
2. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
(a) His family was killed by the Turks.
(b) The other passengers are cruel to Dr. Philobosian because he is Armenian.
(c) He had to leave his family behind in Turkey.
(d) He has no where to go when he reaches America.
3. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
(a) Silkworm cocoons.
(b) Silkworm eggs.
(d) A silver spoon.
4. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
(a) Their cousin, Sourmelina.
(b) Their friend, Dr. Philobosian.
(c) They do not need a sponsor to enter the U.S.
(d) Captain Kontoulis.
5. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
(a) The lowering of her voice.
(b) Her height.
(d) Her long, thick hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
2. Where does Tessie and her family wait out the riots?
3. How does Callie become a first hand witness to the burning of the diner?
4. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
5. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)