|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
(a) She is uncoordinated so the coach gave her a position where she would not need to move much.
(b) She is the last student to sign up for the team and goalie is the only position left open.
(c) The goalie equipment fits her better than the other girls.
(d) She is agile on her feet and able to block shots made on the goal.
2. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
(a) She will attend church on a daily basis.
(b) She will confess to her children that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(c) She will send Milton to Bithynios to repair the town's church.
(d) She will donate a large portion of her earnings to the church.
3. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
(a) Because he wants to be relocated closer to Tessie.
(b) Because he has dreamed of becoming a Navy officer.
(c) Because he believes that being accepted into Annapolis will make Tessie proud of him.
(d) Because he will be exempt from drills while taking the test.
4. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
(a) Her height.
(c) The lowering of her voice.
(d) Her long, thick hair.
5. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
(a) He is glad that she has found something that she enjoys to fill her time while he is away.
(b) He believes that it is frivolous to attend movies while the war is going on.
(c) He thinks that movies are immoral.
(d) He is concerned that movie going will interfere with her volunteer duties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What artistic medium does Julie Kikuchi work with?
2. What does Callie witness late one night that foreshadows the violent turn that the riots will take?
3. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
5. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)