|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
(a) They board the ship separately.
(b) They consummate their marriage in the life boat.
(c) They have chance meetings on the deck pretending to be getting to know each other for the first time.
(d) They discuss their family tree as if they are learning it for the first time.
2. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
(a) She will confess to her children that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(b) She will send Milton to Bithynios to repair the town's church.
(c) She will donate a large portion of her earnings to the church.
(d) She will attend church on a daily basis.
3. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
(a) Race riots have begun in the city near the Zebra Room.
(b) Jimmy wants Milton to help him protect his business.
(c) The Zebra Room has caught on fire.
(d) The Zebra Room has been broken into.
4. Where does Tessie and her family wait out the riots?
(a) At the Zebra Room.
(b) In Desdemona and Lefty's room in their attic.
(c) At a neighbor's home.
(d) In Desdemona and Lefty's room in their basement.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
2. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
3. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
4. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
5. What does Desdemona attempt to smuggle into the U.S. in her silkworm box?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)