|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
(a) She will attend church on a daily basis.
(b) She will send Milton to Bithynios to repair the town's church.
(c) She will donate a large portion of her earnings to the church.
(d) She will confess to her children that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
2. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
(a) Because he will be exempt from drills while taking the test.
(b) Because he believes that being accepted into Annapolis will make Tessie proud of him.
(c) Because he wants to be relocated closer to Tessie.
(d) Because he has dreamed of becoming a Navy officer.
3. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Have another child.
(b) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
(c) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
(d) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
4. What does Callie witness late one night that foreshadows the violent turn that the riots will take?
(a) News footage of the number of deaths, injuries and fires caused during the riots.
(b) President Johnson announcing on t.v. that he is sending federal troops into Detroit.
(c) A tank rolling down the street.
(d) Milton loading a pistol with bullets.
5. What artistic medium does Julie Kikuchi work with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
2. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
3. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
4. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
5. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)