|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Callie given the position of goalie on the field hockey team at her school?
(a) The goalie equipment fits her better than the other girls.
(b) She is agile on her feet and able to block shots made on the goal.
(c) She is uncoordinated so the coach gave her a position where she would not need to move much.
(d) She is the last student to sign up for the team and goalie is the only position left open.
2. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
(b) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
(c) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
(d) Work at the Ford factory.
3. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
(a) The Republic by Plato.
(b) The Complete Works of Socrates.
(c) Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.
(d) The Prince by Machiavelli.
4. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
(a) She must prove that she is capable of raising silk worms.
(b) She must pledge allegiance to their religious leader, Minister Fard.
(c) She must demonstrate that she knows how to weave silk into fabric.
(d) She must convince them that she had black ancestors.
5. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
(a) Raising silkworms and weaving silk fabric.
(c) Cigar rolling.
(d) Tool and dye manufacturing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chapter Eleven become interested in current events and politics?
2. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
3. What does Lefty teach Desdemona to help her pass the English literacy test required for entry into America?
4. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
5. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)