|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Callie's physical changes most annoys Tessie?
(a) The lowering of her voice.
(b) Her height.
(c) Her long, thick hair.
2. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
(a) He is injured by a fellow seaman and spends the rest of the war safely in a US hospital.
(b) He receives word that Tessie has broken off her engagement to Mike.
(c) He is discharged from the Navy and is able to return to Detroit to work in the Zebra Room.
(d) He receives word that he has been accepted to the US Naval Academy and is immediately transported off of the ship.
3. What artistic medium does Julie Kikuchi work with?
4. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
(a) Because he wants to be relocated closer to Tessie.
(b) Because he has dreamed of becoming a Navy officer.
(c) Because he will be exempt from drills while taking the test.
(d) Because he believes that being accepted into Annapolis will make Tessie proud of him.
5. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
(a) They board the ship separately.
(b) They consummate their marriage in the life boat.
(c) They discuss their family tree as if they are learning it for the first time.
(d) They have chance meetings on the deck pretending to be getting to know each other for the first time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike Antoniou think of Tessie's daily trips to the movie theatre?
2. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
3. What is the source of Dr. Philobosian's sadness?
4. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)