|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Callie become a first hand witness to the burning of the diner?
(a) She rides her bike to the Zebra Room to help her father.
(b) Tessie drives the family to the Zebra Room to help Milton.
(c) Milton tells Callie the story of the fire when he arrives home from the diner.
(d) She sees news footage of the diner catching fire on t.v.
2. What happens to Milton as he is about to go into war that Desdemona believes is an answer to her prayers?
(a) He is injured by a fellow seaman and spends the rest of the war safely in a US hospital.
(b) He is discharged from the Navy and is able to return to Detroit to work in the Zebra Room.
(c) He receives word that he has been accepted to the US Naval Academy and is immediately transported off of the ship.
(d) He receives word that Tessie has broken off her engagement to Mike.
3. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
(a) There is racial conflict between black and whites.
(b) There is racial harmony between blacks and whites.
(c) Poor economics have forced several local businesses to close.
(d) The federal government has taken over control of the city.
4. What does Desdemona promise St. Christopher she will do if Milton is spared injury in the war?
(a) She will confess to her children that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(b) She will donate a large portion of her earnings to the church.
(c) She will attend church on a daily basis.
(d) She will send Milton to Bithynios to repair the town's church.
5. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
(a) The Zebra Room has been broken into.
(b) The Zebra Room has caught on fire.
(c) Jimmy wants Milton to help him protect his business.
(d) Race riots have begun in the city near the Zebra Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Milton decide to take the Annapolis entrance exam?
2. Who are the Charm Bracelets?
3. Which of the following actions is NOT part of Lefty and Desdemona's plan to convince themselves and others that they are young lovers rather than brother and sister?
4. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
5. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)