|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Wolverette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the scenes of Milton in Navy training?
2. What is political and social climate of Detroit in this chapter?
(a) The federal government has taken over control of the city.
(b) There is racial harmony between blacks and whites.
(c) Poor economics have forced several local businesses to close.
(d) There is racial conflict between black and whites.
3. Who is Lefty and Desdemona's sponsor for entry into America?
(a) Captain Kontoulis.
(b) Their cousin, Sourmelina.
(c) Their friend, Dr. Philobosian.
(d) They do not need a sponsor to enter the U.S.
4. Which of the following changes in Callie is not typical for a girl to go through during puberty?
(a) Growing armpit hair.
(b) Growing public hair.
(c) Breast development.
(d) Lowering of the voice.
5. Why does Jimmy Fioretos call to wake Milton early one morning?
(a) The Zebra Room has been broken into.
(b) The Zebra Room has caught on fire.
(c) Jimmy wants Milton to help him protect his business.
(d) Race riots have begun in the city near the Zebra Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marries Lefty and Desdemona on the boat?
2. Where does Tessie and her family wait out the riots?
3. Which book is the only one that Milton and Tessie complete during their quest to complete the Great Books series?
4. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
5. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)