|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
2. Which of the following is NOT a criterion in the real estate "Point System"?
(b) Ethnic origin.
(c) Marital status.
3. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(b) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(c) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(d) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
4. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
(b) Work at the Ford factory.
(c) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
(d) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
5. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
(a) Because Lefty had three insurance policies on the Zebra Room, the family was paid a large sum of money when the business burned down.
(b) Fear of having their home and business destroyed during the riots brought the Stephanides family closer together.
(c) Because the Zebra Room was a failing business, it was a relief to the family to not have to worry about profits any more.
(d) The riots made the Stephanides family develop a strong sense of pride in their Greek heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
2. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
3. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
4. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
5. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)