|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
(b) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
(c) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
(d) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
2. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
(a) No religion. They are a business, not a church.
(d) Greek Orthodox Christianity.
3. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
(a) She tells Jerome to never come near her again.
(b) She decides to pretend like it never happened.
(c) She confesses to the Object hoping that telling her will make her feel better.
(d) She scrubs her body repeatedly during her morning shower.
4. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(b) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
(c) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
(d) Have another child.
5. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
(a) Because of his Greek background.
(b) Because of the way he dresses.
(c) Because of his loud voice.
(d) Because they do not believe he can afford the mortgage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
2. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
3. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
4. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
5. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)