|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Work at the Ford factory.
(b) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
(c) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
(d) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
2. Which of the following is NOT a criterion in the real estate "Point System"?
(a) Ethnic origin.
(c) Marital status.
3. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(b) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(c) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(d) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
4. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
(a) Because of his Greek background.
(b) Because of his loud voice.
(c) Because they do not believe he can afford the mortgage.
(d) Because of the way he dresses.
5. What is the first luxury Milton purchases with the insurance money?
(a) Plane tickets to Turkey.
(b) The first Hercules Hot Dog stand.
(c) A Cadillac.
(d) A new home in Grosse Pointe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
2. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
3. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
4. What does Desdemona do following Lefty's death?
5. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)