|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
(a) She decides to pretend like it never happened.
(b) She tells Jerome to never come near her again.
(c) She confesses to the Object hoping that telling her will make her feel better.
(d) She scrubs her body repeatedly during her morning shower.
2. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(b) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
(c) Have another child.
(d) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
3. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
(a) The riots made the Stephanides family develop a strong sense of pride in their Greek heritage.
(b) Fear of having their home and business destroyed during the riots brought the Stephanides family closer together.
(c) Because Lefty had three insurance policies on the Zebra Room, the family was paid a large sum of money when the business burned down.
(d) Because the Zebra Room was a failing business, it was a relief to the family to not have to worry about profits any more.
4. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
(a) The Object.
(b) Dr. Luce.
(c) The emergency room doctor and nurse.
5. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
(a) Cigar rolling.
(b) Tool and dye manufacturing.
(d) Raising silkworms and weaving silk fabric.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
2. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
3. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
4. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
5. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)