|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(b) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(c) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(d) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
2. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
(a) Lefty spies on the girls while they are in the hot tub.
(b) Callie injures Clementine.
(c) The girls discover their interest in water ballet.
(d) Callie discovers she is sexually attracted to girls.
3. Which of the following is NOT a criterion in the real estate "Point System"?
(a) Marital status.
(d) Ethnic origin.
4. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
(b) Greek Orthodox Christianity.
(c) No religion. They are a business, not a church.
5. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
(b) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
(c) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
(d) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
2. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
3. What does Desdemona do following Lefty's death?
4. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
5. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)