|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
2. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
(b) Have another child.
(c) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(d) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
3. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
(a) Tool and dye manufacturing.
(b) Raising silkworms and weaving silk fabric.
(d) Cigar rolling.
4. What does Desdemona do following Lefty's death?
(a) She wails and throws herself on his coffin.
(b) She climbs into her bed and does not leave it for ten years.
(c) She moves to the Southwest with Sourmelina.
(d) She moves from the guest house into the main house at Middlesex.
5. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(b) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(c) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(d) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
2. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
3. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
4. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
5. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)