|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona do following Lefty's death?
(a) She climbs into her bed and does not leave it for ten years.
(b) She wails and throws herself on his coffin.
(c) She moves from the guest house into the main house at Middlesex.
(d) She moves to the Southwest with Sourmelina.
2. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
(a) She does not talk to Callie.
(b) She is angry at Callie for having sex with her brother.
(c) She is eager to hear details about Callie's night with Jerome.
(d) She is eager to tell Callie about her feelings for Rex.
3. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
(a) She tells Jerome to never come near her again.
(b) She decides to pretend like it never happened.
(c) She scrubs her body repeatedly during her morning shower.
(d) She confesses to the Object hoping that telling her will make her feel better.
4. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
(a) They are jealous that Jerome did not ask them to be a part of it.
(b) They are eager to be a part of it and ask Jerome for parts in the movie.
(c) They volunteer to hold the camera for Jerome.
(d) They laugh hysterically while watching it from behind a tree.
5. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(b) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(c) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(d) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
2. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
3. Who discovers Callie's unusual genitals in this chapter?
4. What is the first luxury Milton purchases with the insurance money?
5. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)