|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
(b) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(c) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(d) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
2. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
(a) She is eager to hear details about Callie's night with Jerome.
(b) She is eager to tell Callie about her feelings for Rex.
(c) She is angry at Callie for having sex with her brother.
(d) She does not talk to Callie.
3. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
(a) She confesses to the Object hoping that telling her will make her feel better.
(b) She tells Jerome to never come near her again.
(c) She scrubs her body repeatedly during her morning shower.
(d) She decides to pretend like it never happened.
4. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
(a) Because Lefty had three insurance policies on the Zebra Room, the family was paid a large sum of money when the business burned down.
(b) The riots made the Stephanides family develop a strong sense of pride in their Greek heritage.
(c) Because the Zebra Room was a failing business, it was a relief to the family to not have to worry about profits any more.
(d) Fear of having their home and business destroyed during the riots brought the Stephanides family closer together.
5. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
(a) Have another child.
(b) Tell anyone that she and Lefty are brother and sister.
(c) Predict the sex of an unborn child using her silver spoon.
(d) Care for Sourmelina's baby, Theodora.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona do following Lefty's death?
2. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
3. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
4. What is the first luxury Milton purchases with the insurance money?
5. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)