|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
(b) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
(c) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
(d) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
2. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
(a) They volunteer to hold the camera for Jerome.
(b) They are jealous that Jerome did not ask them to be a part of it.
(c) They are eager to be a part of it and ask Jerome for parts in the movie.
(d) They laugh hysterically while watching it from behind a tree.
3. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
(a) Lefty spies on the girls while they are in the hot tub.
(b) Callie injures Clementine.
(c) Callie discovers she is sexually attracted to girls.
(d) The girls discover their interest in water ballet.
4. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
(a) She must pledge allegiance to their religious leader, Minister Fard.
(b) She must convince them that she had black ancestors.
(c) She must prove that she is capable of raising silk worms.
(d) She must demonstrate that she knows how to weave silk into fabric.
5. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
(a) Hastings Street is primarily a white neighborhood and Desdemona is black.
(b) Hastings Street is a long distance from her home on Hurlbut.
(c) Desdemona is dressed in traditional Greek clothing while everyone on Hastings Street is dressed in modern clothing.
(d) Hastings Street is primarily a black neighborhood and Desdemona is white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
2. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
3. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
4. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
5. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)