|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
(a) She must prove that she is capable of raising silk worms.
(b) She must pledge allegiance to their religious leader, Minister Fard.
(c) She must demonstrate that she knows how to weave silk into fabric.
(d) She must convince them that she had black ancestors.
2. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
(a) She tells Jerome to never come near her again.
(b) She confesses to the Object hoping that telling her will make her feel better.
(c) She decides to pretend like it never happened.
(d) She scrubs her body repeatedly during her morning shower.
3. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
(a) Because of his loud voice.
(b) Because they do not believe he can afford the mortgage.
(c) Because of his Greek background.
(d) Because of the way he dresses.
4. What does Desdemona do following Lefty's death?
(a) She climbs into her bed and does not leave it for ten years.
(b) She moves from the guest house into the main house at Middlesex.
(c) She wails and throws herself on his coffin.
(d) She moves to the Southwest with Sourmelina.
5. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
(a) The girls discover their interest in water ballet.
(b) Lefty spies on the girls while they are in the hot tub.
(c) Callie discovers she is sexually attracted to girls.
(d) Callie injures Clementine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
2. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
3. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
4. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
5. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)