|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona do following Lefty's death?
(a) She climbs into her bed and does not leave it for ten years.
(b) She wails and throws herself on his coffin.
(c) She moves from the guest house into the main house at Middlesex.
(d) She moves to the Southwest with Sourmelina.
2. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
(a) They are eager to be a part of it and ask Jerome for parts in the movie.
(b) They are jealous that Jerome did not ask them to be a part of it.
(c) They volunteer to hold the camera for Jerome.
(d) They laugh hysterically while watching it from behind a tree.
3. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Work at the Ford factory.
(b) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
(c) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
(d) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
4. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
(b) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
(c) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
(d) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
5. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
(a) Raising silkworms and weaving silk fabric.
(b) Tool and dye manufacturing.
(d) Cigar rolling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first luxury Milton purchases with the insurance money?
2. What religion do the members of Temple No. 1 practice?
3. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
4. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
5. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)