|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition must Desdemona meet to be hired by the Temple No. 1?
(a) She must prove that she is capable of raising silk worms.
(b) She must pledge allegiance to their religious leader, Minister Fard.
(c) She must convince them that she had black ancestors.
(d) She must demonstrate that she knows how to weave silk into fabric.
2. What does Desdemona do following Lefty's death?
(a) She wails and throws herself on his coffin.
(b) She moves from the guest house into the main house at Middlesex.
(c) She climbs into her bed and does not leave it for ten years.
(d) She moves to the Southwest with Sourmelina.
3. What industry is the Temple No. 1 involved in?
(b) Cigar rolling.
(c) Tool and dye manufacturing.
(d) Raising silkworms and weaving silk fabric.
4. What does Lefty decide to do to earn money to support his family after Jimmy Zismo's death?
(a) Open a bar, the Zebra Room, in his basement.
(b) Work at the Ford factory.
(c) Sell Jimmy's zebra skin rug.
(d) Take over Jimmy's bootlegging business.
5. What is the first luxury Milton purchases with the insurance money?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) Plane tickets to Turkey.
(c) The first Hercules Hot Dog stand.
(d) A new home in Grosse Pointe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
2. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
3. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
4. What does Jerome accuse Callie and the Object of being?
5. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)