|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Gun on the Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callie do to try to remove the memory of having sex with Jerome?
(a) She decides to pretend like it never happened.
(b) She tells Jerome to never come near her again.
(c) She scrubs her body repeatedly during her morning shower.
(d) She confesses to the Object hoping that telling her will make her feel better.
2. What is significant about Callie's and Clementine's soak in the Middlesex hot tub?
(a) Callie injures Clementine.
(b) Lefty spies on the girls while they are in the hot tub.
(c) Callie discovers she is sexually attracted to girls.
(d) The girls discover their interest in water ballet.
3. What does the Object tell Callie that she (Callie) sees "no irony in"?
(a) She and Jerome were never meant to be.
(b) Callie would be the perfect boyfriend.
(c) The Object has romantic feelings for Callie.
(d) Jerome's movie is sure to be a flop.
4. Why are realtors reluctant to sell Milton a home in Grosse Pointe?
(a) Because of the way he dresses.
(b) Because of his Greek background.
(c) Because they do not believe he can afford the mortgage.
(d) Because of his loud voice.
5. Why does the narrator say that the riots were "the best thing that ever happened to us"?
(a) Because the Zebra Room was a failing business, it was a relief to the family to not have to worry about profits any more.
(b) The riots made the Stephanides family develop a strong sense of pride in their Greek heritage.
(c) Fear of having their home and business destroyed during the riots brought the Stephanides family closer together.
(d) Because Lefty had three insurance policies on the Zebra Room, the family was paid a large sum of money when the business burned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Object act towards Callie the morning after the hunting lodge visit?
2. What does Desdemona vow to never do again after Milton's birth?
3. What is unusual about Desdemona's presence on Hastings Street?
4. How do Callie and the Object react to Jerome's vampire movie shoot in the woods?
5. Which of the following is NOT a criterion in the real estate "Point System"?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)