|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Reverend Chandler was near death, where did Jackson ask Rutherford to meet him?
(a) In Chandler's chambers.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In Chandler's office.
(d) In the kitchen.
2. How does Rutherford convince the Allmuseri to spare Cringle's life?
(a) He convinces him that they need Cringle to read the maps.
(b) He convinces them that only Cringle knows how to repair the ship.
(c) He convinces them to make him their slave.
(d) He convinces them that Cringle is their friend.
3. After the battle ends, whom do the Allmuseri accuse of being responsible for the brutal ways in which they were treated?
4. What does Rutherford notice about the slaves when they come up from the hold?
(a) Their feet are dirty.
(b) They have lice and rat bites.
(c) They don't have any clothes.
(d) They smell of vomit and feces.
5. After his conversation with Ngonyama, what does Rutherford give him?
(a) Information on the upcoming mutiny plans.
(b) A gun and magnetized ring.
(c) A big hug.
(d) A key he had stolen from Falcon's cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Riley Jackson blame his wild ways?
2. When Rutherford encounters Falcon in the passageway after one of Falcon's booby traps goes off, what emotion does he hear in Falcon's voice?
3. How much of Rutherford's blood does Squibb eventually draw?
4. What is Reverend Chandler's reaction to being told that Rutherford is present at his deathbed?
5. Whom does Diamelo threaten to kill for not understanding orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Falcon's motive for bringing the Allmuseri god on board?
2. When another storm comes up, Ngonyama helps Rutherford up to the deck just as an explosion rocks the boat. What appears to be the cause of the explosion?
3. After his discussion with Squibb, Rutherford goes back up on deck and sees Ngonyama looking out to sea toward Bangalang. What does this remind Rutherford of?
4. When Cringle decides to begin the mutiny and sends Rutherford to Falcon's cabin, what happens to Fletcher?
5. When the Republic breaks apart, what does Squibb do?
6. After Rutherford helps throw the boy's corpse overboard, he is left with a piece of the boy's rotting flesh in his hand. What feeling does this experience leave him with?
7. After the ceremony the Allmuseri hold to cleanse the ship after the uprising, what does Ngonyama send Rutherford to do?
8. When the slaves are brought up from the hold, among them is a dead boy. Why does Meadows slice off the boy's ears before throwing the corpse overboard?
9. When another ship is sighted, what does Diamelo suggest doing about it?
10. Diamelo makes up many new rules that favor the Allmuseri and to which the Americans must submit. What winds up being the only one of these rules that is actually followed?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)