|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Allmuseri martial art is based on fighting in close quarters while bound?
(d) Obnu Bilate.
2. This journal entry ends as:
(a) Rutherford reaches land.
(b) Rutherford is rescued by a passing ship.
(c) Rutherford feels himself slipping below the water.
(d) Rutherford dies.
3. After the battle ends, whom do the Allmuseri accuse of being responsible for the brutal ways in which they were treated?
4. What does Ngonyama tell Rutherford he would do if he were master of the ship?
(a) He would sail back to Bangalang and return the ship to the crew.
(b) He would sail back to Bangalang and enslave the crew.
(c) He would sail to New Orleans and return the ship to the crew.
(d) He would sail back to Bangalang and kill the crew.
5. Jackson is the epitome of goodness, and Rutherford is the ______________.
(a) Hard worker.
(b) Shrewd businessman.
(c) Problem child.
(d) Eccentric genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutherford wind up inheriting from Reverend Chandler?
2. What does the captain tell Rutherford he must do, no matter what happens?
3. In what way, according to Rutherford, do the Allmuseri greet visitors to their village that is often misunderstood?
4. When Meadows and Ngonyama carry a slave boy's corpse from below, what body part(s) does Meadows cut off before the corpse is thrown overboard?
5. After going into the water, on what does Rutherford rely to keep him afloat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the attitude and behavior of Diamelo, one of the Allmuseri men who led the rebellion, towards the Americans?
2. When another storm comes up, Ngonyama helps Rutherford up to the deck just as an explosion rocks the boat. What appears to be the cause of the explosion?
3. When Rutherford first awakens after fainting while feeding the Allmuseri god, Squibb is feeding him a piece of steak that turns out to be Cringle's flesh. How did Cringle wind up as Rutherford's dinner?
4. When Cringle decides to begin the mutiny and sends Rutherford to Falcon's cabin, what happens to Fletcher?
5. When Ngonyama tells Rutherford that he would not harm the crew if he were master of the Republic, what reason does he give?
6. Rutherford begins daydreaming about Isadora. What does he see himself doing in his daydream?
7. Why do the Allmuseri spit at visitors' feet?
8. One night, Cringle tells Rutherford about his father. How does Cringle describe his father's attitude towards money and the rich?
9. When Rutherford enters the captain's quarters, he finds it in ruins and the captain badly hurt by falling beams. What, due to his injuries, is the captain no longer able to control?
10. The night Rev. Chandler dies, he dismisses both brothers from his service. What does Rev. Chandler specifically tell Jackson about his efforts to help him?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)