|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the slave boy's corpse is thrown overboard, what does Ngonyama return to Rutherford?
(a) The gun Rutherford had given him.
(b) The key Rutherford had given him.
(c) The book Rutherford had given him.
(d) The ring Rutherford had given him.
2. After Rutherford finds crew members in the storeroom, he returns to the captain's cabin. In what condition does he find Captain Falcon?
(d) Badly hurt.
3. What does the crew realize their only hope for survival is?
(a) The Allmuseri god.
(c) The land that has been sighted.
(d) The ship that has been sighted nearby.
4. While in Falcon's cabin after the fight on deck, what does Ngonyama tell the rest of the Allmuseri?
(a) They are free men.
(b) They must befriend the rest of the crew in order to get home.
(c) They are not free men yet.
(d) They must hunt down and kill the rest of the crew.
5. When Rutherford wakes up after fainting, what medical procedure is Squibb performing on him?
(d) First aid.
6. When Ngonyama falls ill, what does Squibb diagnose him with?
(d) Internal bleeding.
7. This journal entry ends as:
(a) Rutherford feels himself slipping below the water.
(b) Rutherford is rescued by a passing ship.
(c) Rutherford reaches land.
(d) Rutherford dies.
8. When Rutherford goes back up on deck after evaluating Baleka, which direction does he notice Ngonyama looking toward?
(a) The bow (front) of the boat.
(b) The stern (back) of the boat.
(d) New Orleans.
9. Who becomes the unofficial ship's doctor?
10. That night, the Allmuseri have a ceremony to ___________ the ship.
(d) Take control of.
11. After his conversation with Ngonyama, what does Rutherford give him?
(a) A big hug.
(b) Information on the upcoming mutiny plans.
(c) A gun and magnetized ring.
(d) A key he had stolen from Falcon's cabin.
12. When the food rations become low, what do the crew begin eating?
(a) Candles and leather.
(c) Rats and leeches.
(d) The corpses of those killed in the battle.
13. When Rutherford goes back on deck, what does he find himself dreaming of?
(b) His father.
14. On what does Riley Jackson blame his wild ways?
15. What does Captain Falcon ask Rutherford to give him?
(a) A drink of water.
(b) The gun he had given Rutherford.
(c) The magnetic ring he had given Rutherford.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the cargo been in existence?
2. What does Rutherford's father, Riley, like to do after a long day of working?
3. What does Captain Falcon tell Rutherford the secret cargo consists of?
4. About whom does Rutherford find himself thinking as he writes in the ship's log?
5. What Allmuseri martial art is based on fighting in close quarters while bound?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)